S34 Preseason Rankings: Central Division

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Gilbzey, Oct 14, 2019.

?

Who will make the playoffs in the Central?

1. Arizona Coyotes

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Chicago Blackhawks

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Colorado Avalanche

24 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Dallas Stars

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Minnesota Wild

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. Nashville Predators

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. St. Louis Blues

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  8. Winnipeg Jets

33 vote(s)
    61.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Welcome to MY opinion on team rankings heading into S34. The following teams will be graded on a 10 point format based on Management Group (0-3) Pre-Bidding Roster (0-2) and Bidding (0-5). I will do 1 division at a time, and these are 100% my thoughts, if you get butthurt for me putting you under the worst contract then just remember it only hurts if it’s true. Prove me wrong if I rated you badly, or just like my post and move along cause why would you care about my opinion anyway. Here goes nothing.

Please Note: These will be based on the rosters out of bidding, any trades made before the season starts will not affect, or be mentioned in this writeup. Thank you.

West Central

:team28: Arizona Coyotes :team28:

Management Group: @AZDvo & @SJUSoccer9 - Stick and his do-nothing GM return for another season together. The issue is, they didn't grab @Sejje and it's his year... Stick is a great player. Excluding last season in which he only played 20 games, he had 17+ wins and 60+ points in each season since returning back to forward. SJU is a world-renowned do nothing GM, he averages around 13 wins and although based on his name he'd probably still go for free contract worth type of money, skill-wise it seems to just not be there anymore. (2/3)

Returning Roster: 4 forwards and 1 D remain with Stick going into S34, @Krejci l46l, @Ryanskov, @Scrotale 17, @Proud Gay Dad & @DeathByDecay. Krejci has been a long-time player under Stick and coming off a 16 win season is great under his resign contract. Ryanskov won 17 games in his return to the NHL, and Scrotale had his best season ever under these same owners. Having these 3 locked up for 4 million is great for the Coyotes. PGD is solid on D, but his stats suggest his days as a top 6 forward are long gone, and that's the position he's playing and the last remaining contract is Decay who had a solid rookie season going 8-2-2 but it's hard to get a read on a guy who only played 12 games. (1.5/2)

Bidding: The desert dogs won 10 players in bidding and built a solid 3 line team and outside of their backup G they didn't win a single 500k player. They won @Tom 0 and @Duggan for a combined 8 million and they figure to come in as the top D pair, this is a solid D pair that can hold its own vs other top lines. @Hooter and @GunHavok both return to the Desert as well and as of recent their stats are widely different so I’m not quite sure how they went for the same amount. @Lundqvist 30 NY comes in at 4 million and could be hit or miss, as he hasn’t played forward in 10 seasons. @Stewkos comes in at 6.75 but he’s a consistent player and you can’t put a price on chemistry. Their biggest acquisition was @Perrilyzer1 again, who is coming off a Hart Memorial Trophy season, one of the best we’ve ever seen from a goaltender. (3.5/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @Tom 0 (LD) $3,000,000 - S33: 17-7-4 44P (LW) (Tom has played in LG since S16 and plays both forward and D, he's a great 2-way defenceman who will win you 16+ games a season. 3 million for someone who can play anywhere in the top 4, and has adjusted in every NHL game to date is a great deal)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @KRAIMERICA (LD) $3,250,000 - S33: 16-9-0 12P (Krai was a solid defenceman in his rookie season, he put up 16 wins even with being on 3 different teams. My issue is I think Krai is probably the 5th best D on this roster, but his contract says he's the 2nd)

Rating: (7/10)

:team75: Chicago Blackhawks :team75:

Management Group: @Il VENOMx & @l Miller 16 l - Venom is an AHLer, Miller is a solid bottom 4 guy. Neither is worth a free contract imo, and both have minimal experience managing. On paper one of the bottom 5 management duos going into S34. (.5/3)

Returning Roster: N/A

Bidding: Chicago won 15 players in S34 bidding and 7 were at 500k and another 3 at 750k. Only 6 players on the entire roster were over 1 million. @TurboYuri and @l GET BUSY l come in at 9.75 million combined and will need to hold it down in order to win some games this season, @Globes & @slammerama come in relatively cheap and both have the potential to be steals, but who knows with this team. The forward core is suspect @PapaSwayze & @cmcHoffa re their 2 highest-paid players at 4.75 and 3.75 million respectively. @WTS l19l, @Hilly, and @xcollinsx89 reunite from an S33 line that won 20 games in the AHL and more than likely pair with Miller on a line. (2/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @Globes (RD) $500,000 - S33: N/A (S31 Globes won 16 games, S29 he won 17. He is a solid bottom 4 D who's on a great contract at 500k)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @cmcHoffa (LW) $3,750,000 - S33: 12-11-1 37P (Hoffa I'm sure is a fine player, but his best season ever was in the AHL, and it was only 15 wins. He hovers around .500 in every league, and although he was on an awful Rangers team last season, and won 12 games, he should not be in the 3-4 million range, better options at this price)

Rating: (2.5/8)

:team8: Colorado Avalanche :team8:

Management Group: @D4D USA & @Moesof17john - Top Dad and Top Goalscorer pair up in S34 and skill-wise are one of the better management duos in the league. They are both first-line players and find ways to win games no matter who is on their line. Dan has management experience in the past and will guide the ship because I assume Moes is a do-nothing GM considering last season he asked me to trade for Lem after we already got Lem. Love me some Huff tho so (3/3)

Returning Roster: The Avs traded a few players for picks pre-bidding and got @Gregorian x 94 via trade as well. He was the C for Moes last season and on paper, he may not look legit but you need the eye test with this guy, he’s a solid offensive C and helps drive the game. It also helps to build a line around Moes playstyle, and Greg plays just that. (1/2)

Bidding: Colorado won 14 players in bidding and built another solid 3 line team. They won @Skoden Uprising for 3 million, and then @Wooly x 33 and @Chicago Liights for another 1.5 combined. All 3 of these guys were on the Buffalo team Dan managed last season, and are solid players who will play above their contracts. @Ksw comes in at 4 and @Dip City Don for another 2.75 who my insiders have told me will pair with Dan this season. @Antonucci x 15 goes for another 3.25 who will for sure pair back with Moes once again. This D core is solid but could be hit or miss. @booondock88 had back to back 18 win seasons on good teams, @GeT MuTeDD for another 3.5 and @Burns 9 for 3 who I was skeptical about but after seeing him play feel a little better about the contract. The team is solid but it could come down to their goaltending for how well this team does in the upcoming season. (3.5/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @Chicago Liights (RW) $500,000 - S33: 10-7-4 41P (Lights had a decent 3rd season in the league, winning 10 games after playing for 3 teams. He had meh stats on Buffalo before they got hot, went 5-1 on NJ before being traded to an awful Boston team. This guy is a solid 3rd liner, and if paired with the right people will play well above the 500k tag)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @PeteyMaCx11 (LD) $4,250,000 - S33: N/A (Petey is a solid guy for the 2nd pair imo, and I like him. But on paper, he’s been apart of some decent teams in the NHL and his stats would suggest he’s underperformed. He has amazing stats in the AHL, and he hasn’t quite put it all together in the show. Best of luck this season Petey)

Rating: (7.5/10)

:team9: Dallas Stars :team9:

Management Group: @BWZinc & @Tayyyzzzz - Zinc returns to Dallas this season and brings in Tayz as his GM. I think this team would have fared better if Zinc stayed as a forward, coming off a 17 win season you can see why I think that. Tayz hasn’t done anything since S26 to warrant a free contract, but he is moving back to forward which he is best at, so we’ll see how that goes. It also helps Zinc has a pretty good history as a manager including an S30 Stanley Cup. (1.5/3)

Returning Roster: @PlayboiPryme & @KSKrish return to Dallas. Pryme is a solid 3rd liner who can win you 12+ games so his 500k contract is fine, nothing special. Krish won 13 games in his rookie Xbox season, and 12 games in his only AHL season. He’s also a 17+ win defenceman over on PSN, by the looks of things he’s on a good contract, and if put on the top line this season should win 15+ games. (1/2)

Bidding: Dallas won 13 players in bidding, and splashed a lot of cash on their forwards. 8 million for @cj142, another 7 for @B00YA and 5 for @Koho. I know all 3 of these guys are solid players, but that’s a lot of money for 3 forwards who may not be worth it. @Kopi and @Flow Sauce Chew come in at 2.5 apiece and give this team some depth at forward. But with all this spending on forward, comes with cheap D. @xJLucas comes as their highest-paid D at 2.75 and is a 2nd pairing guy, their 3 other bid wins on D are all 3rd line guys. Not to mention their tending is @StamToast who hasn’t played G in a long time, and the same goes for @adidaht88 but with worse stats. A solid forward group, an average D core at best, and on paper some bad goaltending, does not look so hot. (2.5/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @Kopi (LW) $2,500,000 - S33: 11-8-3 21P (LD) (Kopi is a very good player who is best suited for the 2nd line, but can easily play on the top line. If put with the right people he is a 60 point threat, and will play to or above his 2.5 price tag)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @cj142 (C) $8,000,000 - S33: 13-9-3 37P (CJ is still one of the best 2-way players in the game, but it is becoming evidently clear that he needs the right people around him in order to succeed in LGHL. We know how good he is individually, but back to back 13 win seasons make me hate this contract)

Rating: (5/10)

:team30: Minnesota Wild :team30:

Management Group: @Provorov x 9 & @Papa Adams - Provy and Adams run it back this season in hopes to build upon a disappointing S33 performance in which they missed the playoffs by 20 points. I like Provy and he has a history of being a solid AHL manager and is hoping to bring it to the big leagues. But both players hover around the .500 mark so far in the NHL, so hopefully, they learned from their mistakes last season, and fair better in S34. (1/3)

Returning Roster: N/A

Bidding: Minne built a new roster in bidding, winning 15 players. They shelled out 8 million for @Sejje but it’s his year so they’re lucky in that regard, but unlucky in spending another 7.5 million for @Yahter and he quit the league within a few days. So pretty much 15.5 for Sejje. @Murdss and @Henreek come in combined at 1.5 million and make for a solid 3rd line coming off 14 and 15 win seasons respectively. @Schlemko x 17 for 1.5 makes no sense for this team, and outside of the 8.75 for @JerseyDevils 27 and @Chyeeet the D core is made up of cheap guys, who are suited for the 3rd line or AHL duty. They did, however, get 2 solid 500k goalies, @AG Mazy is a stud, and can steal games on any night, while @SithSoul has some solid stats in the AHL over the past 2 seasons. (1.5/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @l Sakic l (RW) $1,000,000 - S33: N/A (Sakic is a solid player who can move onto any line, as shown in S31 when he won 20 games on my top line in Arizona. Sakic is good at attacking the net, and if he grinds the game is on a steal of a contract)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @Schlemko x 17 (LW) $1,500,000 - S33: N/A (Coulda been Sejje but it’s his year, Coulda been Yahtzee but he’s not in the league. Schlem was one of the worst owners I ever dealt with while managing, not to mention I've only ever heard bad things about him as a player)

Rating: (2.5/8)

:team77: Nashville Predators :team77:

Management Group: @xTarasenko91 & @l FreeStyle 7 l - Senko and Freestyle take over the Preds this season after A1 Freak dropped out last minute due to personal reasons. If you look at Senko’s stats they are nuts, on both consoles he is a walking 20 win 80 point player. One of the best west coast players in LG. Freestyle is a top 4 guy who'd go for 6+ in bidding and has good management experience. This duo looks good on paper, and I expect big things. (2.5/3)

Returning Roster: The Preds had 4 players returning to the roster this season, and 3 (@Diamond l 4 l @HotSauceOnTacos @GoalieBro) of the 4 (@JuniorHawk16) were acquired via offseason trades. Diamond comes in at a solid 4.25 million and after back to back 60 point seasons, him being with Senko on West again this season promises another good season. Tacos has solid stats in the lower leagues on Xbox, but only had 11 wins in his first full LGHL season, so his 2M contract comes in around his value. GoalieBro comes in at 500k and is one of the better backups imo, I played him last season and he was solid every time. Junior hovers around .500 every season, so 500k isn’t bad by any means, but he wouldn’t be my first choice for the 3rd line. (1/2)

Bidding: The city of Music won 11 players in bidding, and did pretty well. They won Senko and Diamonds S33 C in @Belial I19I for 2.25, and he’ll surely slot right back into the top line. @Grandma in Urn coming off a 21 win season goes for 4 million, and @BradyTkachuk goes for 1.75 coming over from Senko’s PSN team. @SkillzZy_x92x for 5.25 put this group well above average at forward, but they certainly paid for it. @Ragey23 for 5.25 was a steal and is certainly their top pair guy. @Lucic x 17 may seem like an overpay at 3 million, but I've seen him play and he is as good as his AHL stats suggest and @Laporshkin x 71 for 2 ensured this team has a good top 4. May I add I already said how good @GoalieBro is and they got @x Welsh 16 for 1.75 to start after an unbelievable performance in S33 playoffs for Edmonton. This is a really good 2 line team at forward and D, but their 3rd line will need to get lucky to win games this season, and by lucky I mean their goaltenders steal them games. (3.5/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @Ragey23 (RD) $5,250,000 - S33: 25-3-0 18P (Ragey is top pair D man who won 25 games last season, he’s won 19+ games in 3 of his last 5 seasons and 15/17 in the other 2. Coming off a 25 win season I'm surprised he went so low, as some other guys were going 6+ who are less skilled. Fun fact; Ragey has made the playoffs in 7 straight seasons)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @SkillzZy_x92x (C) $5,250,000 - S33: N/A (I know Skillz is dominating ESHL, but half the teams in that event are made of CHLers, and he gets to choose who he plays with so it’s different then LGHL. Not to mention his only league season ever was a 12-11 PSN season, which isn’t impressive enough to mandate a 5 million dollar contract)

Rating: (7/10)

:team3: St. Louis Blues :team3:

Management Group: @Tendy & @MarcoGoes5H0LE - Tendy returns for his 6th straight season as a manager and 2nd with Marco as his right-hand man. They look to continue on their S33 success which seen them run the east. Tendy is a top player in LGHL and ESHL and runs a great organization in both leagues, while Marco hasn’t won less than 20 games in his past 3 seasons. (3/3)

Returning Roster: @BkheadshotBk, @Thibodd, @mR Hit DaT & @Foote all return from last seasons Carolina team. Bk comes in very cheap at 750k for someone who won 21 games in his rookie season, and another 15 in his 2nd. Rocket is another steal of a contract on the team at 1.5 after a 24-4 67 point season and will presumably pair back with Marco again this season and look to replicate something similar. Foote remains 1.75 and that’s a fair contract for him based on skill, but add in the fact he has been with Tendy forever and is a key part of this management trio means he is worth more to the team than 1.75. The only contract that can be considered overpaid is Hit Dat who’s 6 million, and as a forward is one of the best, but at D he only won 15 games on a very stacked team last season. (1.5/2)

Bidding: The new and improved Blues won 11 players via bidding, spending large on a few guys such as @Theos-_- who at 6 million could be hit or miss, he’s solid on PSN but on Xbox it’s like a rotation from good season to bad season, so we shall see how this goes. @Vaporize 17 is one of the better D, and at 7 million gives them the shutdown D they need, it also helps he’ll pair back with Marco who he won 21 games within S32. @DR0C comes in cheap, and will probably team up with @BlG LEW 69 on the 2nd line for a combined 4.5 million. This team has a great top 4 on D and a solid 3 line forward group. Their 3rd line D pair is the only real problem with this team, but their goaltending could definitely cost them some games here and there as it doesn’t seem like they have a real starter. (4/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @sh4rpshooterrr (LW) $1,500,000 - S33: 12-7-3 47P (Sharp has bad stats all the time, but he did play 2 seasons under Poopie Snoopy so we can’t rely on those stats. He did win 16 games in S32 and a Cup. He is a solid bottom 6 guy who'll win you 12-16 games and put up 50+ points, solid for 1.5 million)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @Sitful (G) $1,500,000 - S33: N/A (Simply put Sit is one of the best forwards in the world, and he’s not a goalie. At 1.5 you should be getting a proven starter who can steal you games, not throwing a flyer on someone because their name is popular)

Rating: (8.5/10)

:team391: Winnipeg Jets :team391:

Management Group: @x Fisher 81 & @NYR95 - Fisher & George take over Winnipeg this season as a first-time duo, and are both in their best positions for S34. Fisher is one of the best scoring wingers in LG and has proven it with a 100P season in S26 and a 98P season in S28. While George is widely considered one of the best D in the game, he is finally playing it in LG and not just ESHL. The 2 of them are teammates on one of the best ESHL teams and hope that chemistry takes them far this season. (3/3)

Returning Roster: @AlexeiKovalev27, @Bush x 92 & @ltz Gibby join the Jets for S34 via trade, while @Zigg 59 remains on the team. AK is coming off three 19 win season in his last 3 seasons, Bush won 18 just one season ago then only 14 last season but most of the year he was on an awful NYI team, and Zigg had back to back 20 win seasons before 14 last season on Arizona. All 3 of these guys combine to be 3.5 million… 3 guys that have the potential to win you 16+ games every season, and can play anywhere in the lineup, 3.5 million is unbelievably insane for these 3, especially considering the fact they traded for 2 of them in the offseason. Gibby won a cup in S32 on Phile and hovers around .500 for his career, 750k for him isn’t bad nor great. (1.5/2)

Bidding: Winnipeg, like many others, won 11 players in bidding. They, of course, spent big to grab Entourage line mates @x Hendry 91 for 8.25, and @kcut for 8. Both of these guys are easily worth the price tags, especially when they are put on the top line with the guys they have the most chemistry with. @Boany and @x Neal x 18 x (Former WPG owner) come in for 9.75 combined and give this team an amazing top 4 D core, while also having one of the deepest forward cores, and best top lines. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE; they got @Lauxey for 500k, who was a key part in how far Overtime made it in ESHL last season and @StL Blues Fan54 who’s good enough to start when he gets back into the game. So STACKED top line, great depth, solid top 4, and 2 starting caliber goaltenders… (4.5/5)

[​IMG] Best Contract: @lHTHl (C) $500,000 - S33: N/A (The man of many tags makes his LG return in S34, and with being a flight risk his contract came in extremely low. HTH can play on any of the 3 lines, but it will depend on how committed he is to play this season. If he puts his mind to it and plays on one of the top 2 lines he will overproduce)

[​IMG] Worst Contract: @Volt x (LD) $500,000 - S33: N/A (The fact their “worst contract” is a 500k player says something about this team, Volt isn’t a bad player, but from what I remember he was considered a bottom 4 guy in the AHL and on paper is the worst player on the team, but the team is stacked so don’t take it to heart)

Rating: (9/10)

Final Rankings:
    1. :team391:
    2. :team3:
    3. :team8:
    4. :team77:
    5. :team28:
    6. :team9:
    7. :team30:
    8. :team75:

(Note: Best/Worst contracts are made up of players won in bidding only)

• Like Like x 23
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. l MPG l

l MPG l Hi

Ratings:
    +38 / 7 / -13
    750k is a steal.... lg stats are garbo... but i still end up killin it the biggies ......:)

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Koho

Koho Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Koho#5978
    Ratings:
    +452 / 43 / -30
    Great write up man

• Like Like x 1
  4. SchIemko

SchIemko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Schlemko#9586
    Ratings:
    +305 / 48 / -76
    I'm not even on minny anymore you dogshit idiot

• Get Good x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    Lllmcclainlll
  5. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Nice write up dude!! Great work.

• Like Like x 2
    persinger92
  6. xDeMoN215

xDeMoN215 38 Baby

Discord:
    provy215#0
    Ratings:
    +117 / 13 / -18
    Good write up

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Yawn, clearly someone didn’t read the 2nd paragraph

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Lmao Moes didn’t even know bidding happened.

Good write up.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. StamToast

StamToast Simple Rick

Discord:
    stamtoast#0
    Ratings:
    +1,035 / 9 / -13
    Good write up, appreciate the effort it takes to be this in depth.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Lundqvist 30 NY

Lundqvist 30 NY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 4 / -15
    Definitely agree that Dave is fucking dogshit

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. GrittySaves

GrittySaves Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dankdad88#0
    Ratings:
    +838 / 68 / -115
    No Streaming Account
  12. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    You're really sleeping on @Volt x . Former Eddie Shore finalist and a real solid player especially for 500k. He's exactly the type of player that would be on a cup winner's third pair

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Yeah cause some of the writeup was done last week, so I made the entire thing based on each team right out of bidding rather then include roster transactions

No Streaming Account
  14. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    I mean the teams stacked I had to choose someone, he’s probably the least proven out of the people won in bidding

No Streaming Account