LGBA Contract Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (LGBA)' started by Browness-, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Browness-

Browness- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Browness-#6166
    Ratings:
    +147 / 17 / -20
    Disclaimer :

These thoughts are pretty much my own. If you feel your not a dud, then prove it wrong on the court.

With that being said here it is, I picked 1 player from each team that based on the price that he went for in bidding was either a Contract STUD or unfortunately a DUD.

:team95: Brooklyn Nets :team95:

Contract Stud - @Parklock_ 1.75 mill. This dude was a legit lock last year one of the few people who could give me issues without hard double teaming. Great pick up under the technical league average of 1.875 mill.

Contract Dud - @cerb-EXE 750k. Not really a true dud but if I had to pick one on the nets it would be him as he probably should of only went for 500k

:team254: Charlotte Hornets :team254:

Contract Stud - @RodgeDodge11 .. played a few games with him hes a.pretty solid C defensively.. still has some to learn on the offensive side but he is more than willing to learn at a contract minimum of 500k I would say this is win.

Contract Dud- most the contracts seem fair... if I had to pick one it would be @Devil_Clutch1 . At 5.25 mill it's a pretty hefty one.. he is a PG thou which in my opinion is the most important so only time will tell if he was worth 1/3 of the cap.

:team81: Chicago Bulls :team81:

Contract Stud - @dash40ianse at 500k He showed he was a pretty good big man last year so I dont really know how he was overlooked this much.

Contract Dud- I dont really think there is a dud contract here... if I had to pick one I guess it would.be @Coast3113 at 4.75 mill. Coast is a good player for sure... I just dont know if I would be paying almost a 1/3 of your cap for a non pg / c

:team82: Cleveland Cavaliers:team82:

Contract Stud - @Karlitho954 1.5 mill. Great pick up for under the league average... helped the lakers get to the championship last season

Contract Dud- @SendLobs 3.5 mill. Pretty overpriced for a slasher with mediocre defense. Definitely should be rostered but nowhere near that price.

:team84: Denver Nuggets :team84:

Contract Stud - @ohh_Polar 1.25 mill. I havent seen this guy play center but I do know he has IQ... which is the most.important thing for Cs and at 1.25 mill he has to pretty much no show for this not to be a good signing.

Contract Dud- @Demobeatz 7 mill. I really don't care how good you are in LGBA this is always a bad move. Almost 1/2 your cap on 1 player really handcuffs you to him.

:team87:Houston Rockets:team87:

Contract Stud- @Karlsson_MVP 2 mill. If he is anything like the pg he was in 2k19. 2 mill is ridiculously low when the average starting PG went for 4 mill. He could very well end up being the best pg in the league

Contract Dud - @Lockupdj 5.25 mill. I dont really consider this a dud. Had to pick someone thou. Rockets got everyone else cheap so they had the $$$ to bid up on a quality lock. Guy plays in the WR so he knows about going against good pgs.

:team90:Los Angeles Lakers:team90:

Contract Stud - @BloodPanda 750 k. Anyone who follows discord knows I dont like him. He is not as good as he thinks he is nor as much as he talks... however he is definitely worth more than 750k... I would of expected him to go for at least double.

Contract Dud- @bNYCe83 2.75 mill. I assume he made a corner build again this year. The problem is hes not an overly good defender nor ever wanting to shoot the corner. If I were having to get him on my team I wouldn't of spent more than 1 mill.

:team91:Memphis Grizzlies:team91:

Contract Stud - @DATBOYJOHNSON 500k. According to Memphis he is their best player and also the cheapest.

Contradt Dud- @OkemosBoxedWater 4.75 mill. Isnt quite fair to label it a dud as I truly dont know who he is.. but 4.75 is a whole lot to spend on a Power Forward.

:team92:Miami Heat:team92:

I cant really pick Studs or Duds for this team as everyone besides 2 players went for 500k. The other 2 were 1.5 mill. Good luck Miami I hope you know what your doing.

:team97:New York Knicks:team97:

Contract Stud- @scholz2k 4 mill. Now on any other team scholz at 4 mill would not be considered a stud. However by the looks of the Knicks roster they are going to need alot of help scoring. And that is the 1 thing scholz can do.

Contract Dud- I dont think i can possibly pick a dud. Every contract is basically league minimum besides daedigital at 4 mill. But even that makes sense cause they need a PG. So good job New York I guess I cant pick a dud.

:team373:Oklahoma City Thinder:team373:

Contract Stud- @Blickyszn- 500k. I havent seen him play but from what I heard he is a top end pg and at a position where good players went for 4 mill minimum even if hes average this is a great pickup

Contract Dud- @MpLs Anderson 6.75 mill. 2nd highest contract in the league. Dont get me wrong.. hes a great player (plays on our pro am team) but almost half the cap on 1 player is too hard to eat. It's understandable thou as they had plenty of cap space by getting the rest of the guys for cheap.

:team99:Philadelphia 76ers:team99:

Contract Stud - @WetLikeKyleLowry . Pains me to say but 3.5 mill for a starting PG when most went for over 4 mill is a steal. He won playoffs MVP and even beat me ONCE in his life... just ask him about it he brings it up as much as he can.

Contract Dud- @Akonvict21 3.5 mill. Akon is a good player and I personally like him. But 3.5 mill for a non shooter non defending build at the 4 is kinda questionable.

:team100:Phoenix Suns:team100:

Contract Stud - @Trev766 500k. I dont know much about him but I'm told hes a focal point of the phx pro am team.

Contract Dud - @JJJACKSON 5 mill. As I said on an early team.. 1/3 of the cap is huge for a non pg non center. I understand the price thou. Phoenix got everyone else they wanted so they had the cap space to grab JJ as well.

:team101:Portland Trail Blazers:team101:

Contract Stud - @iPostComp_YT 500k. I'm.surprised he went as cheap as he did. I believe he plays stretch this year and is a pretty knock down shooter. We ran a warmup against the trailblazer squad and we decided to make sure he wasnt left open.

Contract Dud- @Splash-Its-Cash 5 mill. Hes running a pg build at the 2 this year. Unfortunately his dribbling ability isnt quite there yet so he cant really dictate an offense. So for that reason 5 mill was a reach.

:team103:San Antonio Spurs:team103:

Contract Stud- @ckkg 3 mill. Normally he wouldn't be a contract stud on other rosters. However the Spurs have alot of brand new faces to the league and clog has proven to be able to score. Its obviously too early to tell but I think he might be expected to score alot

Contract Dud- @Mac2135 4 mill. Played with him a little last year he is a decent enough center, however I dont think he is worth a 4 mill price tag. I would of personally bid 1/2 that tops.

:team105:Toronto Raptors:team105:

Contract Stud(s)- @CashOut_ATR 500k @Bigshots_ATR 1.25 mill. The MVP last season is @StayFarAway_ATR ... and he just got 2 fellow ATR players for 1.75 mill?? Really guys?

Contract Dud- now I love @F0R3IGN_0BJ3KT I think hes possibly the best lock in the league but again at 5.75 mill that's over 1/3 of your cap for a guy who cant create his own offense and is reliant on his PG. But I get it... they had cap to spend because they got everyone else on their radar for so cheap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    browness90
  2. Tsunami_Cerb

Tsunami_Cerb Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Cerb#0845
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1
    Rude

hicerb
  3. Lxck2G

Lxck2G Member

Discord:
    Lxck2G#1925
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I love it

• Like Like x 1
    ftbxwilliam
  4. Complex_Point

Complex_Point Future Points and Turnovers Leader

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Rodge is bad. No offense to him, and he's a really great guy, but he has so little iq on both ends of the floor. Ohh_Polar is really bad as well, doesn't know how to play in an offense and isn't coachable. MPLS coming 2nd to Panda in MVP voting :( Tickle is overrated, and honestly Dae is a solid pg for new york ;( Miami is the worst team in the league easily, Jbone is a dud, nowhere near worth that 500k, Panda should've gone for 11.5m. Absolute steal

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    IF I finish 2nd in MVP voting not playing PG that would be something lol

MpLsAnDeRsOn
  6. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    Good right up Brown even though you called me a dud :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
  7. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    the Top 3 mvp candidates are all gonna be non PGs. Panda's goin all in and he's gonna average 50, never dropping a game, you're gonna be u and drop whatever you feel like dropping and then there's sendlobs who's going to be running point pf dropping 30/10/10 westbrick style

No Streaming Account
  8. BloodPanda

BloodPanda Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BloodPanda#4983
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I will average 50 fastbreak attempts a game, too bad that stat isn't recorded though

No Streaming Account
  9. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    oh? 100 ppg then? why not just stay down in their paint

No Streaming Account
  10. BloodPanda

BloodPanda Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BloodPanda#4983
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good point, who needs defense when you got cherry picking fastbreaks

No Streaming Account
  11. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    What even is defense like fr? Imagine not having the ball

No Streaming Account
  12. BigMalaka17

BigMalaka17 3rd Line OG

Ratings:
    +149 / 6 / -8
    Lmao I get 16 shooting badges and have a 74 3 point rating , Just depends on who's PG and how im used..Please leave me open ! Great write up tho

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account