Media Has LGHL become Stale

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweetLou9208, Dec 18, 2019.

?

Has LGHL become stale?

1. Yes

68.6%
  2. No

31.4%
  1. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    Can’t be worse then the servers now

• Funny Funny x 2
    th3_1_and_0n1y
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I agree with you on the game play side of things and how it can improve.

Sales are not plummeting tho..

LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. Kiroxy4320

Kiroxy4320 Warning Group

Discord:
    Kiroxy#8894
    Ratings:
    +863 / 38 / -28
    I think EA needs to drop the whole “Let’s add 150 new animations every game” idea they seem to have. Automated animations help in some cases, but also takes the skill aspect out of the game.

Using your example of bumps, I’m okay with bumps, but I’m not okay with how easy it is to constantly bump someone. Holding down a button to generated a repeating animation such as the bump/hit animation takes the skill aspect out of it. You should have to control every hitting animation you want to do, while also aiming it with the right stick, so it becomes a high risk, high reward play (If you miss once, you’re essentially burnt on the play). It bumps were like this, I’d be 100% okay with them.

Puck pick up animations need to be there, however, the inconsistency on the animation you might get, again puts the control of the game play back into the game itself and not the player.

For instance, why, in a “Professional sport” would you ever do something lazy (Slow pick up animations) especially in a crowd of players, or in front of a net. Minimize the possible animations you get with pick ups, make them so they are predictable, will add an entirely new skill aspect to the game. Players want to try and trigger certain animations, so if you know what type of pass/cut/positioning, generates an animation you want, then you’re adding a skill based aspect to the game that is somewhat there right now (Giving someone a speed boost into the zone, but it’s not consistent or predictable, more of a hope it works type of thing) but it can be taken much much further.

There is a lot more they could do to create a skill gap, by putting the control of the game back in the players hands, rather than what we have today.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Kiroxy
  4. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  5. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    lol where is that from, theyre missing stuff in their own chart and have wrong picture for one of the games lol

SweeT9LoU84
  6. Wzia

Wzia SotD: Fighting by Yellowcard

Discord:
    wzia.#0
    Ratings:
    +2,078 / 137 / -204
    This thread has a lot of pretty good ideas, but it reminds me a lot about a thread I made last month regarding league expansion. I think you guys would be interested in it.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/option-b-the-argument-for-lg-expansion.300133/

TL;DR The league has 4 tiers; NHL/AHL/ECHL/CHL. Top 3 tiers have 32 teams each, CHL is downscaled to 40-46 teams.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I just know from what we have seen from Ea this isn’t the case but interesting none the less

LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. Hxndry

Hxndry 1/1

Discord:
    Hxndry#7500
    Ratings:
    +1,025 / 51 / -102
    I don't think it would hurt to try running a two-line league this upcoming summer season and if it doesn't work out then do a full roster reset and go back to three line league for first season of NHL 21...LG isn't going anywhere and this implements two heavily discussed topics (roster reset and two line league) which could help bring some flavor back into LGHL in the midst of all the esports that is going on.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    something I feel is being overlooked is that there are management groups in the N who are basically 3rd line at best, if not better suited to the AHL. The only way a 2 line NHL works is if you get quality ownership signing up, otherwise those "bad" owners are an even bigger detriment to their teams

• Like Like x 3
    GiveMeDaPuck
  10. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    I feel like its gonna be hard to ever get the league to be truly competitive. Managers cant possibly know of every player that deserves to be in the nhl. Theres not a huge scouting network and people also have friends they would prefer to play with over someone whos maybe slightly better, will have issues with ego, etc. On top of that you have to have 32 management teams that are good enough to begin with.

Its also hard to uproot established players imo. Getting to know top level players is rare with constant egoing. People just straight up wont give you a chance if they dont know you or dont like your stats page. You can see it in the way that 1 club loss triggers multiple people and your group of 6 folds...

Im rambling probably but i think theres a large social component to the state of 6s and LG that is really hard to change.

• Like Like x 3
  11. wadesworld2112

wadesworld2112 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wadesworld2112#1032
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -4
    I understand the sentiment, but I'm not sure that the best managers are always the most highly-skilled players. I think it certainly can happen where someone is a skilled manager, but 3rd line NHL-talent in terms of their gameplay.

No Streaming Account
  12. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    LGHL is for the masses and the masses don't care who takes management, only that they're in the NHL. The ESHL guys will probably stop playing LG anyways seeing as there are more tourneys and it makes sense to just scrim other good teams with your club than playing LG against 3rd liners.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    But you’ll have owner true to his players and online friends won’t matter how good you are. I was with lg season 1-3 jumped from ahl/nhl.. that was old gen. now with new gen I can’t crack chl. I have a 50% rate of winning too. But seems owners look for 100% winning % players how many are those? There are a lot of tc players in the Chl you could make another league. A lot of them are not even active cause most know we won’t get a chance to play. Each day should be a different lineup. Might make it more competitive. There should be 4 lines for each team like real nhl teams. Then that might even the playing field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. wadesworld2112

wadesworld2112 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wadesworld2112#1032
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -4
    I LOVE the idea of the game itself becoming more integrated with LG. All it would take would be some additional API work. Imagine being able to see rosters, schedules and LG news within the game itself. Imagine seeing featured matchups advertised, "Top LG plays of the week," etc.

That said, I can make a guess at EA's thinking. EA likely thinks, "what would that additional development buy us?" All of the players involved in LG already play the game, and therefore, already buy the game, every year. Any development we do needs to be focused on bringing in new casual players so we can grow our revenue." (i.e their quest to make it look as much like Fortnite as possible).

Perhaps what LG's pitch should be is a more casual "developmental" league that can appeal to those casual players. Something with fewer rules, only a few games a week, etc. Convince EA that casual players in a developmental league will become hardcore LG players who will then buy the game, every year.

No Streaming Account
  15. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    buddy if you cant even crack a chl lineup idk what to tell you. you literally just have put yourself out there and meet people. people arent just gonna blindly pick up someone they dont know. make yourself known!

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  16. Trae x8

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    I dont think 4 lines is gonna make it more fun. That just means there will be even more blowouts than there are already and even more lines who arent having a good season. It really seems like the players need to be spread out in smaller leagues if people want every game to be competitive. I personally dont have fun when you end up with a line thats gonna lose almost every game and i dont think anyone does

Also yeah if you cant crack a chl roster, just post in the shoutbox to find 6 people to play with a lot and eventually people will know your name. If you are committed to playing 6s you should be able to get better than a huge chunk of the league in the span of 1 season if you are criticizing yourself and learning

• Like Like x 1
  17. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Two line league doesn't make sense... This league doesn't have enough managers to make it work. I don't see 64 second line or better players suddenly taking free management contracts simply because the league decides to go to two lines (if we did one free contract only then things might be different, but I don't see 32 solid NHLers being willing to own without the guarantee of some management help). What will end up happening is that you'll have some elite management duos and still have some 3rd line/AHL level NHL managers and those managers will be at a significantly larger disadvantage than they are in a three line league.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    bossy_22_
  18. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    I'm like 80% sure those charts are for physical disc sales only. Makes sense that the newer the game the lower the physical disc sales as people just buy their games on the MS/PS store now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    eamonnjcf
  19. Trae x8

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    Even if sales of the game havnt dropped most if the sales are to people playing hut

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. TwitchBiLL3Y

TwitchBiLL3Y TwitchBiLL3Y

Discord:
    TwitchBiLL3Y#2185
    Ratings:
    +389 / 64 / -97
    It's not mainly LG... It's the community's we have along with the servers it's hard to enjoy a game when it's always the same thing come a month or two after release date its like buying the same years GAME over and over again.. they also need to either take the CR SYSTEM out or hide the PSN names in pregame lobby as it kills the fun of the game with people either worshipping CR and or backing out of games all the time and or ragging/killing the acuall point of hockey period. Just my opinion maybe even for next year's game keep the game how it is come release date with no updates over the community's decisions and if can cross platform XBOX and PS combine it make it bigger and somewhat fun again... have a good 2020 everyone as well and best of luck out there also ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    BiLL3Y