Roster Reactions - Eastern Conference

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Twistafied, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    Hey guys. Back again. Here are my Eastern Conference reactions to the forwards and defense of each team!

I'm trying my best to keep these as positive and unbiased as possible. I apologize in advance if you were hoping to see your name on here and did not. Can't mention everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :team2: Boston Bruins :team2:

Forwards: I see a good group. Having their game 7 RW, @CT 66, return at 6m, is big. Acquiring @oMalkin l71l before bidding on a good contract also put them in a good spot, depth-wise. I think @DDezo was a steal in this bidding and will fit in nicely with their 1st line.

Defense: I think it looks pretty good as well. @NHL JL 13 and @Dime a Dozen seem like they are both on very good contracts. I know @Playoff Bren is a big name in the community, but by the looks of it, he couldn’t find his rhythm last season with the team that went on to win the cup. That 4mil could really pay off if things go well, or they could quickly suffer from buyer’s regret like Carolina seemingly did last season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :team18: Buffalo Sabres :team18:

Forwards: This group looks pretty average. I see a few overpays but there isn’t really any contracts that I’m particularly in love with.

Defense: I see an extremely weak group here top-to-bottom. Mostly 3rd line dmen, some on inflated contracts, and then @BlueLineKing7 who is a 1st/2nd line guy. I don’t want to call anybody out specifically but there’s a few facepalms here.

:team74: Carolina Hurricanes :team74:

As the defending cup champs, there is no doubt that they had a very deep roster last season and have done the same this season. To be honest, I see a team that’s finding LG loopholes and taking advantage of them. For the second season in a row, @JClaus33 has built a roster of almost exclusively ps4 guys (who most Xbox managers are completely unfamiliar with), and also created a west line. Part of me has respect for their ability to capitalize on 2 perfectly legal opportunities to built the best possible team, but part of me feels like it’s a bit greasy. Either way, this is a very good roster and a team that I expect to be a contender once again.

:team6: Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:

Forwards: I see a really good group here. With what I imagine to be their top 2 forward lines, @VVaGs82's line would cost 3.75m and @I3rissette's line would be 6m. That seems like a pretty solid start to me. I also think @Mr Space Baby has the potential to be on a sick contract. @Charyzen who has been nominated for Vezinas and Norrises will likely be unreal on C too since apparently the guy is successful no matter where he plays.

Defense: Again, I see a really solid group. Assuming they will call up @l Deeks l and @Mr4Freeze, their top 4 is automatically looking very good. They have 2 good LDs on solid contracts in @Dups77 and @mayweddaa who will probably both be playing next to the rookies. I’ve heard mixed reviews on @ChiSouthSiderr but if they can have a 3rd pairing that holds their own, this is a deep team.

:team10: Detroit Red Wings :team10:

Forwards: This looks like an above average group. If I’ve learned anything about LG, it’s that chemistry is huge. Long-time linemates @Lorenzo x 24 and @rG Breezyy reunite on this team with Lorenzo as the free contract and Breezy at a measly 4.5m. They wasted no time in signing him to 3 seasons. I have no doubts that their line will have success. They also bring in a west line which will inevitably have at least a decent season. @AG7859 always seems to have success so I assume he will play a big role on that line once again.

Defense: I think it looks good. I assume they will call up rookie @Whiiiitee who was a top 5 pick in the draft. I see a couple slightly overpaid guys here mainly do to the bidding pool but overall some solid pieces on the back-end. Most teams seem to be take a chance on a 3rd d-pairing of guys in the 500k-750k range, but I do not see that here which is interesting and I think it might pay off.

:team23: Florida Panthers :team23:

Forwards: This looks like a weak group. I hate to be mean but there’s not many good things I can say here. They drafted @M A R T Y x 90 in the 1st round, so maybe they will call him up. There's also a lot of players I am unfamiliar with. It's possible that this team has a line or 2 that can surprise the community, but I honestly don't see it happening.

Looking at the Defense, it looks pretty average. They got 3 solid guys in @Lehkonen x 62 @Paynist and @Triiio 4 but all of them went a bit too expensive in my opinion and I don't really expect 3 defensemen to carry a team.

:team5: Montreal Canadiens :team5:
    Forwards: I’d say it’s a pretty average group. I see a few good pieces and a few bad pieces. I think @Gerbe x 42 has the potential to be one of the steals of bidding. He had success in the past and if he has the right pieces around him, I think he can continue that. Spending 10m on @Gabseh was a bold move but I don’t think it affected the rest of the roster as much as I’d anticipate and he will likely have success with whoever he is with.

Defense: It’s not too bad. Looks like a pretty “meh” top 4. I think @Laporshkin is on a pretty solid contract and bringing in Dreamkiller as the free contract was big. Nothing else really sticks out to me here other than the fact that for some unknown reason @Duukk started @Green Salt out at 5m. I guess time will tell if he is worth that, but I feel like most people don't have too much faith.

:team7: New Jersey Devils :team7:

I'm not gonna do my own team, so feel free to react to this Devils roster in a reply! :)

:team27: New York Islanders :team27:

Forwards: Looking at the group up front for the Isles, I see a lot of guys with potential but no proven 1st line guys. It may pay off to spend less on forwards and have guys like @Butch x 28 @IIVIIcNasty x91 @I F3ROCIOUS I on cheap contracts who I think can hit that next level if they have the right pieces around them. I think @Breaky is at a pretty solid price too so hopefully he can help the boys get some wins. @Im Gods Jesus, the team's unpaid GM, makes the jump to the NHL. By the looks of it, he can produce offensively, but whether or not he can help his team win games while managing alongside a back-up goalie owner will be the question.

Defense: Similar to the offense, several of the dmen on this roster have little to no NHL experience either. 4 out of the 6 to be exact. The other 2 not included in that are @LaFleuR11 and @Focus TF who I think are 2 good NHLers paid accordingly. As for the other 4, the big question here is whether or not they can translate their solid seasons in the AHL into the N. This team spent 7m to get those 4 players, which I think is a massive overpay, but it will be interesting to see if it can miraculously pan out how they expect it to.

:team12: New York Rangers :team12:

Forwards: At first glance I would say this looks like a pretty below average group of forwards. I assume they will call up @Buhckle who I think will improve this roster quite a bit. It looks like most of these forwards have had success at lower levels, so I'm sure they are praying that these guys can carry that over. They spent especially big on @SouPerSaiyan at 5m who couldn't quite find his stride at the NHL level but is coming off of an impressive S34 season in the AHL where he had over 100 points. He's one example of several on this team that have put up crazy point totals in the AHL or CHL. I don't think most of these guys will be able to continue their success in the NHL, but who knows.

Defense: On the back-end, I'd say their top 4 actually looks surprisingly decent. They spent big on @Paradis7117 at 8m which I don't think is a bad contract. They also acquired @Azkika (3.75m) and @NightIsBoots (1.5m) pre-bidding which are pretty good contracts for what those guys might've gone for in this bidding. As for the other 3 guys, I guess this team can only hope that they can somehow find success at the NHL level.

:team20: Ottawa Senators :team20:

Forwards: I think this forward group looks fairly average. I see a few good contracts and a few guys that look overpaid. I think @Igs Wigs is on a solid contract and I think @l5l Dangle l3l was one of the bigger steals in this bidding. If @Sty l27l isn't too much of a cancer and @xGetAcedx, @Kxv-97, @Verathy, and @Gregorian x 94 can play to the 18.5m that they are collectively being paid, I think this team will be successful. However, I think this is a pretty big ask but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Defense: This d-core seems a bit all over the place in my opinion. I think they were able to get @Archon Assassin at a surprisingly good price. The guy definitely has good thumbs which is half the battle with dmen these days. I also think their 1-2 punch on RD of owner and GM (@xW 4 R D & @Tayyyzzzz) is not bad at all. After these 3 guys, I don't see much I'm impressed with at all but at least they are all 500k. One of these guys even had a losing record in the CHL last season, so I have no idea where that bid came from.

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers :team4:

Forwards: I think this forward group looks pretty good. They are paying 3 guys quite a bit, but I think it's fine since they have some cheaper guys who are good enough to balance it out. I expect the duo of @McFleuryyy and @Whiisky x to continue their success from last season. If they separate these two from @Bean WRLD7000 and @Girgss I think they can have another decent line that can have a solid season. It will be interesting to see if @Girgss will show up to play and continue his success without @Odieeeeee and @CaLL Me Jakoo by his side. Same goes for @Bean WRLD7000 who is separated from his boys after several seasons together. Either way, I think this team will have 2 good forward lines.

Defense: I would say the d-core for the Broad Street Bullies looks pretty average. They have @Showtime Troobs returning at 1.5m which seems like a pretty solid price. Their 2 free contracts back there (@l3l Ray l8l and @I HDC I) should be sufficient as well but after that, it all just looks like a big question mark to me. @x1x Datsyuk x3x making the switch to D could pay off, but I guess time will tell. Regardless, I expect the top 4 guys to have success and I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd line on this team does decent as well.

:team78: Pittsburgh Penguins :team78:

Forwards: I think this seems like a surprisingly well-built team up front. It is clear that the focus is on chemistry and I think they will have 2 solid forward lines as a result. Getting the duo of @SkillzZy_x92x and @MaGiiK_x96x was a smart move and I expect these guys to have success together. The 3rd line to me seems like the biggest question mark.

Defense: On the back-end, I still think this team looks pretty solid. Picking up 2 PS4 dmen with good thumbs in @Twisty_x86x and @X God Skillz X who I think are both on good contracts seems huge. Another contract I like is @GONGSH0W at 4m. He has been stuck on bad teams for a few seasons now but I think he's the kind of guy who can have success with the right players around him.

:team21: Tampa Bay Lightning :team21:

Forwards: Tampa has a very deep forward core and a lot of pieces that I like. I think having @lStastny26l and @Lyons x 63 for 2.75m each is absolutely massive. These are 2 very good players on very good contracts. @x4thLine at 5m is a good contract as well since he has chemistry them. Having some of those guys at great prices also allowed them to go out and trade for @Shockz who will be playing with his long-time linemate @Arctic Blur. The cheap contracts allowed them to spend more on their 3rd line which I expect to be solid as well with @BTW8892 and @Daddy Kaneee on it, who have proven they can succeed in the NHL.

Defense: After they call up @Greggy x 74, I think this team's d-core is in a good place as well. I don't really see any bad pieces on the back-end. I think @El Donn Juan is on a solid contract and so is @Greggy x 74. They also have a proven NHLer in @Pohloe for 750k so it just seems like a solid structure altogether that I expect to succeed.

:team1: Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:

Forwards: I think this team has good forward depth. They have a solid chemistry line of @Joorrdan, @Wesley Snip3zzz, and @Gilbzey for only 4.5m total which is good. Then they also have a line with @DDW4 and @R0tes which I expect to be successful as well. The third line looks solid too with @UniqueSniper135 returning on a solid contract and @xJLucas somehow only going for 500k in bidding.

Defense: I think the d-core for the leafs looks decent. I think @ShOwCaSe-_91 (AKA Freestlye) is on a good contract at 5.25m. I think he's too nice of a guy to manage teams, but he generally has good seasons when he's not managing and I don't think that's a coincidence. With a deep team like Toronto, I think he'll be a good fit. I also think @donnybrah and last seasons Rookie Of The Year @TheEnd7768 at 3m each are solid contracts for this past bidding. After these 3 guys, I see 5.25m being spent on 3 fringe NHL/AHL defenders. But I really don't see this being a big issue considering the rest of the team.

:team14: Washington Capitals :team14:

Forwards: This looks like a pretty below average forward group in my opinion. The one contract that I think stands out to me most is @lBeLiEvEJESUSl at only 3m. Not sure how much of a headcase this guy will be but I've seen him cone a full team multiple times. Pretty impressive thumbs. Nothing else I'm really in love with up front, but maybe they can make it work.

Defense: I wish I could say the d-core is more impressive but I'm not sure I can. They don't really have that one "big name" to anchor the group like most teams do. @Wizzywar is probably worth his price-tag and maybe @Ca Na Da 4L is as well if he can continue the success he had a few seasons back. I just don't really see much depth here.

Hope you enjoyed!

-Twist​

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like x 29
    • Winner x 20
    • Dislike x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Informative x 1
    Twistafied
  2. x Pinto 57

x Pinto 57 Tha Choosen One

Discord:
    xpinto57#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 45 / -73
    Thanks for the Shout out my son really nice thread:flames:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    xbarrie__x
  3. Hedmqn

Hedmqn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xHedman-#8861
    Ratings:
    +477 / 21 / -87
    hedmxnn
  4. Green Salt

Green Salt Hello

Discord:
    Salttt#9024
    Ratings:
    +449 / 24 / -32
    lol think you made a mistake with mtl being dallas

• Useful Useful x 1
    Green__Salt
  5. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    Thanks! Fixed it.

Twistafied
  6. Belial I19I

Belial I19I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259 / 19 / -35
    Go :team10: Go

• Like Like x 1
    Belial_I19I
  7. Jumps69

Jumps69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 48 / -89
    sleeping on tug boat tom i see smh

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Jumpsss
  8. P3k1ng DuK

P3k1ng DuK Laporshkin x 71’s son

Ratings:
    +567 / 48 / -60
    Great write up bro, and my boy @Green Salt is the goat, seeing some other contracts that went around his price, I’m happy to have him at 5M :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    p3k1ng_duk
  9. Farfadet92

Farfadet92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 12 / -29
    farfadet92
  10. Boarne

Boarne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    holy fuck. hate to see that buffalo hatred

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Archon Assassin

Archon Assassin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +214 / 63 / -60
    Wow someone saying something positive about me? That’s a first.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    archonassassin
  12. KovaIchuk x 17

KovaIchuk x 17 The real one !!!

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -21
    • Like Like x 1
    EA SPORTS FC™ 24 Hub (In Menus)
    No Streaming Account
  13. Beaudy x 91

Beaudy x 91 Remember me Yungbuzzz91

Discord:
    beaudyx91#0
    Ratings:
    +141 / 41 / -42
    Great write up Goodluck this seasons

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Dr Tre 2001

Dr Tre 2001 TJ$

Ratings:
    +409 / 34 / -41
    No Streaming Account
  15. iggy i12i

iggy i12i IGGY

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -14
    Great write up my man. Best part about our 500k dmen is they’re actual better than tayz no lol. Love the media brotha

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. x welsh 16

x welsh 16 Warning Group

Discord:
    x welsh 16#5963
    Ratings:
    +279 / 37 / -28
    Goalie lives matter

• Like Like x 6
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    welshey16
  17. Paynist

Paynist Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 7 / -5
    Stop backing out in hut

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    m1st3r_ped
  18. xTarasenko91

xTarasenko91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tarasenko#5281
    Ratings:
    +164 / 2 / -4
    :team74:team ps4:team74:

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    xtarasenko91
  19. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    I'm gonna be a send down to start the season! Not sure if i'm ready for biggie land yet. Keep an eye on me tho down there. Nice write up :).

• Like Like x 2
    ChiSouthSiderr
  20. Big Wet May

Big Wet May Well Known Month

Ratings:
    +244 / 12 / -26
    Goalies aren't people

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account