Media What's the future of Hockey night in LG, League Lounge, and Game of the night ?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by foxpresentation, Aug 16, 2020.

1. foxpresentation

foxpresentation Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fox presentation#6580
    Ratings:
    +404 / 2 / -1
    Hi folks!
    For the past two seasons the whole team of Hockey night in LG has been happy to bring you a live broadcast every week with live commentary and fun graphics.

This personally takes a lot of time both personally and to each member of the Hockey night in LG crew. Everyone pitches in and we're having lots of fun doing what we do to.

When you do a project like that... you do it for two reasons: 1) fun 2) For people to actually watch.

Now the last 3 episodes.. we had an issue to try and promote the stream for you all to find the broadcast and we reached in the surroundings of 10 viewers ( thanks to those who actually watched :) )

The reason that we can't be promoted right now it's cause The Anaheim Ducks from the actual NHL is being promoted across the whole website during the time of our content ( at least it's the case of hockey night in LG)

I think that having an actual NHL teams promoting their stream on a virtual league website is amazing. But if the community wants to watch the content that we put for the league... it should be an option that everyone should make for themselves.

I propose that when hockey night in LG, League lounge with @Miikeyx09 and Game of the night with @BroadwayCJ97 is on.. that we simply get promoted for the benefits of the community that want to watch.. and the LG league in general "Media content was apparently DEAD on the psn side before we started Hockey night in LG" And of course, we would only take the PSN side of the website.

So can we please get our content promoted? There's gotta be a way to feature more than one stream at the same time and let people choose if they want to watch it or not.

Meanwhile, Let me know what you guys think.
    Does the community enjoy the content that we put?

Is there a way to make this work?

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    fox_presentation
  2. Ducksfanwaterloo

Ducksfanwaterloo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65
    It's certainly a sticky situation because I'm sure LG has an agreement with the Anaheim Ducks to promote their stream across all forums on LG. I would assume LG has told the Ducks that they expect LG to bring them a certain amount of viewers to the stream through this promotion (for example, 500-750).

I can certainly understand the frustration for you guys since you guys do such a great job to put on a production for the PSN side to watch, but at the same time it would be a very bad look on LG if they promised the Ducks a certain amount of viewers, but came short because the whole PSN side was tuning into something different.

I think we can all agree that we wish LG/NHL eSports to grow so that more NHL teams choose to sponsor/partner with LG, and supporting the Ducks' partnership with LG through the promoted streams would be a great way to do that. This way, other teams can look at the success the Ducks have been able to enjoy with LG through the increased viewership/engagement they receive, and (hopefully) decide that it would be a good idea for them to do the same through future partnerships with LG

My suggestion to you guys would be to keep pasting the link to your own stream in the shoutbox (for example, every 5 minutes or so) so that people who wish to tune into your stream can do so with relative ease. I'm sure there has been some sort of contract between the Ducks and LG so that the Anaheim Ducks' stream is the sole stream that gets promoted. If anything gets in the way of this, the Ducks may not want to partner with LG in the future which would definitely be disappointing.

Personally, I haven't been able to tune into your past few streams simply because I couldn't find a link for them, through the SB or otherwise. Promoting your future streams through threads such as these are a good idea, but once the production begins I think it'd be a good idea if you guys advertised the stream through the SB as a way to gain viewers

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  3. foxpresentation

Discord:
    fox presentation#6580
    Ratings:
    +404 / 2 / -1
    Of course, it's good that an NHL team is paying LG to stream their content.

Just saying that there's gotta be a way to put both streams up... it was possible before to have 2 streams featured.

But for now, we're gonna promote it through the SB I guess.

fox_presentation
  4. Ducksfanwaterloo

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65

I'm sure they could promote 2 streams at once, but I doubt the Ducks would be too happy about that

Ducksfanwaterloo1
  5. BroadwayCJ97

BroadwayCJ97 The All Time LGFA Saves Leader

Ratings:
    +613 / 54 / -157
    I don't think it should be an issue for the Ducks to have the homepage and the xbox forum while the PSN content creators get the PSN forum

BroadwayCJ97
  6. Ducksfanwaterloo

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65

If they paid for promotion across the entire website, that's what they have to get. Even if they didn't, for LG it's better to under-promise and over-deliver to keep their partner happy so that they return for business

Ducksfanwaterloo1
  7. Miikeyx09

Miikeyx09 Anyone know what to put here?

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    In all honesty, League Lounge, Hockey Night in LG and Game of the Night have been massive successes. People have loved them and it's awesome to see that people enjoy what we do. However I do believe that under the reign of AffordableDreams, we did an incredible job of balancing the content being promoted. Xbox got their side and PSN got ours.

I'm the first to say that I'm incredibly excited about what @Tris10 and @LG McDonald have been able to do by acquiring partnerships with NHL Organizations to sponsor LG teams... however I don't think that the Xbox LG Ducks should be shown on the PSN Page. If it were the LG PSN Ducks that were being sponsored, then I completely understand... however it's a completely different league and different team.

I know the view counts matter to the organizations @RickHeinzGoalie, but I don't believe that they should. I believe that it gives the Ducks an E-Sports team to get behind, that is already assembled (Courtesy of LG).

In conclusion, until a PSN team is being sponsored by an NHL franchise. I don't see the need to promote it on both platforms. We promote LG-Oriented media for the PSN side which encourages PSN players to watch incredible broadcasts, and keeps their site activity up. We also are able to give PSN something to be happy about. If we arent promoted, sure we can post links in the Shout Box... but we'll only be getting our normal existing viewers rather than new viewers from the CHL or AHL that get excited to follow along. My chat activity goes from 5 people to 20+ people when we're promoted, and that is because people are more likely to click the on-site LG Promotion, rather than clicking a random link in the shoutbox.

I think discussions need to be had in order to make LG PSN Media feel more included/encouraged.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    MikeyMcB
  8. SirGab-

SirGab- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirGab#3480
    Ratings:
    +256 / 4 / -16
    need hockey night in lg back!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    sirgab02
  9. Mondsy--

Mondsy-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mondsy-#1734
    Ratings:
    +505 / 18 / -94
    • Winner Winner x 2
    vermyy91
  10. BroadwayCJ97

BroadwayCJ97 The All Time LGFA Saves Leader

Ratings:
    +613 / 54 / -157
    Honestly I truly miss Hockey Night in LG and Game of the Night. League Lounge was also amazing as a different type of content. It was free hype for LG. Even though it didn't bring Fox, Mikey and I any revenue, we enjoyed having a show that hundreds of people watched at a time with a damn good production value. We all did a lot of prep for our shows. Fox and Mikey obviously WAY MORE than mine and when we're taking time out of our nights, doing it for free, we were okay with just the channel exposure and getting follows. However the fact is we don't make any money for LG and without the exposure, the 3-5 views we were getting doesn't make it worth it. The timeslots we had were purchased. I don't blame the decision makers. LG is a business, I would do the same thing. It's just a shame that both can't be promoted at once. If an Esports event and our league events were both promoted side by side at the same time, Fox, Mikey and I would bring our shows back in a HEARTBEAT. I speak for them but I feel like I know for sure they would feel the same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    BroadwayCJ97
  11. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    upload_2021-1-25_20-38-14.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    Markz_51
  12. foxpresentation

Discord:
    fox presentation#6580
    Ratings:
    +404 / 2 / -1
    Like @BroadwayCJ97 said previously...
    I thought it was fun to prepare the weekly shows, it was fun to have support from the viewers and it showed me that you all enjoyed the content we were putting out there.
    I also thought that LG was happy with it since it was something that made their players happy. When they took off the promotion feature on the website off, we really dropped over like 80 % of the audience.

So it was obvious to me that either
    A) The league didn't really care about the show
    and/or
    B) viewers had lots of trouble finding the forum posts ads and lost interest.

When we started to do that, we wanted to create some content for the PSN side that was clearly lacking. If the community enjoys watching the content that LG is providing right now. Great!
    If not.. then maybe LG could contact me and we could get some sort of an agreement to give the show a spot when it plays. (It's really not much to ask cause it's a weekly show)
    But one thing is for sure. We need a way to promote it.

Contact me whoever is in charge and we'll talk.

Making these shows takes a lot of time to make. The whole team was dedicated to bringing you something fun and entertaining. We just don't want to do it if people aren't able to find us to watch our content.

fox_presentation
  13. Hra-ow

Hra-ow Hra

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 166 / -474
    People should be able to do media without being in the "LG media discord" lmao

• Like Like x 2
    hraow
  14. xCarbeen

xCarbeen S11 Mem Cup Champion

Discord:
    xcarbeen#0
    Ratings:
    +1,309 / 99 / -206
    That’s not what I meant, you took it out of context, so did the bog who rated it “Dumb”.

Fox does amazing work and we should’ve had him in there to help him create opportunities and he wouldn’t have been in the dark to the scheduling of esports vs media. Nobody is required to be in there to do media. I didn’t say that. You took it completely out of context.

carbeentv
  15. xCarbeen

xCarbeen S11 Mem Cup Champion

Discord:
    xcarbeen#0
    Ratings:
    +1,309 / 99 / -206
    For example, we were looking for a casting duo to broadcast CBJ Winter Cup on Saturday’s. Fox should have 100% been part of that. @Hra-ow @ZachS2303 so dumb right.

carbeentv