Please Vote! Discipline Reform

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Mugfxrd, Mar 23, 2021.

?

Change the disciplinary system?

1. YES - Committee of 8-12 people

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. YES - Committee of 4-8 people

40 vote(s)
    46.0%
  3. NO - Different idea

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. NO - Change nothing

15 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Mugfxrd

Mugfxrd Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    Disclaimer: I do not condone any actions that any banned person has made over the years. A great deal of bans are justified and deserved this is just an opinion of both me and I am sure a large part of the community.

This has nothing do with any action centres that I have ever been involved with.

I know this isn't just me thinking this.

LG needs a major reform in regards to disciplinary actions, the action center and decision making. The way things are ran right now are borderline unacceptable for a site that makes so much off of the bans. There is absolutely ZERO consistency in action center decisions. One person will be banned or reprimanded for something and another will be let off for literally the exact same thing. We all know bogs do play favourites in regards to minor offences but I wish the community would stand up and really push for a new way of doing things. I know the world is changing (for the worst IMO) in regards to what you can and can't say, but that is not where the issue lies. The issue lies within the consistency and system of the disciplinary actions.

I am not sure what will be the best way to police LG, but something needs to change. A committee of a set number of people who are voted in by the community would be great as most of us know what is right and wrong. Furthermore, I suggest a committee so every single action can be voted on, agreed upon and unanimous. One person should not be running the show whereas at the end of the decision it fucks with someones experience (sometimes justifiable, a lot of times it isn't).

Appeals make no sense and its almost like you have to be a top figure in the community to even have a chance at appeal. Ultimately, I am just sick of how this site keeps being so inconsistent. The bogs talk to people like they are lesser than them and railroad you 50-75 percent of the time when you ask for answers. This is not just my opinion, I have had many chats with many people about the inconsistency and overall environment here on leaguegaming.com.

Something needs to change and honestly with the site being ran by so few people it probably won't, but If enough top tier players and community members step up and speak out maybe we can evolve the current system within the next few years, because at the end of the day people come here for competitive fun to get away from the real world.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    MUGF0RD
  2. Dxhlin_26

Dxhlin_26 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Agger33#8125
    Ratings:
    +525 / 42 / -67
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Agger_33
  3. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    i love the reaction by a bog is reacting with funny and @ another bog, its a thread dont give me a cap ban

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    MUGF0RD
  4. Dxhlin_26

Discord:
    Agger33#8125
    Ratings:
    +525 / 42 / -67
    I mean it’s kind of simple. Rules are there! Follow them and people will have no problems. I know hard concept.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Agger_33
  5. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    Be part of the change. Apply for bog.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Markz_51
  6. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    Tried that, its not as easy as you think

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  7. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    New Idea, We Embrace Total anarchy no more rules!

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    Dradavich
  8. Duchesne_x_10

Duchesne_x_10 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    duchesne_x_10#0
    Ratings:
    +236 / 7 / -16
    Honestly , i just won an appeal for a capital ban and i do think if you have good proofs or if you show them exactly why you shouldn’t have that punishment, its gonna be 75% of the time granted , they do their "job" and they need really good reasons to unban someone , its as simple as that

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Seems like to me, by reading this post, the problem is not the rules themselves but how they are applied unequally and not without bias. But yeah, reading, hard concept.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Woytkiw8
  10. Dxhlin_26

Discord:
    Agger33#8125
    Ratings:
    +525 / 42 / -67
    Each person is treated fairly but each situation is different not everyone does the samething. You wanna make a difference since you got the concept apply for bog bud!

• Troll x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    Agger_33
  11. BonnnJouRRR

BonnnJouRRR Young Old Head

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but wouldn't the people appointed to judge incidents be just as likely to become biased? I'd assume you don't think the BOGs were born with their biases but they developped them, which could happen to the committee. I do like the idea that one person shouldn't be running the show, but wouldn't it extrememely inefficient if 12 people had to vote every time? I think we need more transparency on how rulings are made and that transparency would ensure that BoGs are doing their best and it'd be easier to determine if there is in fact a problem of consistency. Disclaimer: I don't follow the league well enough to be able to determine if the BoGs are biased or not.

mike71111
  12. xOneTimer

xOneTimer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 3 / -8
    We take time out of our everyday lives to help make the league a better place for you, the community. Nobody asked us to become BOGs, we stepped up and applied to help the league and were eventually given the opportunity to do so. We treat every situation fairly and as stated above, every situation is different most of the time. If you really want to make a difference and be there for the members of the league, go apply for BOG and help out. The Staff Application thread is still there.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. Super_light_1993

Super_light_1993 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -3
    Do you mean like how the DoPS used to make videos?

No Streaming Account
  14. BonnnJouRRR

BonnnJouRRR Young Old Head

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    That'd be dope but very time consuming. I was thinking of something like a clear format to put in the AC that really justifies the decision.

mike71111
  15. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74

the key to a committee is to get a wide range of different individuals that have proven to have no bias. also, efficiency really isnt the issue like i said its consistency. there is zero chance one person doing all the work can be a good idea. people literally play lg like their life depends on it, im sure it wouldnt be too difficult to find a dozen dedicated individuals who can vote and make decisions maybe on a set time and date during each week or every few days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    MUGF0RD
  16. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    this is common sense. just because you take the time to be a bog doesnt mean its done well. you have known me for years on nhl you obviously know i cant apply to be a bog, i am simply trying to start a discussion about something that alot of people think need to be changed. anytime anyone suggests any change to power on this site its usually a very similiar reaction from the bogs and site owners. lastly, most of LG does not believe every situation is treated fairly at all, if so there wouldnt be so much discussion of it in so many different chats.

MUGF0RD
  17. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    its not simple at all. im glad to hear your unfair ban was overruled due to proof, but there are countless occasions where the length and severity of bans and suspensions have been dealt out with little to no explaination. concrete proof is something nobody has an issue with if its there to ban or unban someone then great, but the issue lies within how inconsistent and huge the grey areas are within the discipline process.

• Like Like x 1
    MUGF0RD
  18. Mugfxrd

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    its literally impossible to apply for bog if you are someone who speaks up and is controversial. its just like real life. they arent going to hire people who speak out or arent afraid to get into an argument on right and wrong. lg wants people who will shut up, follow the system and follow in line. the people who dont follow in line and act differently/are outspoken clearly dont last long as a bog

MUGF0RD
  19. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    This. At the end of the day being a BoG is sort of a joke because Brodie pulls the trigger on all decisions.

Even worse if he doesn't like you. Just baits you into taking a ban and says see ya later.

RIP Plymmy

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Sloshy97
  20. Domi_x_13

Domi_x_13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 49 / -72
    everyone is treated fairly, LOLL must be comedy hour

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1