LGAHL AHL Suggestion Thread - Summer Season Edition [Xbox/PSN]

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Apr 30, 2021.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I am opening this to our AHL PSN and Xbox Players to hear their feedback on any ideas that could work for this coming season or future seasons.

Do you have an rule change ideas?

Are there site system changes you feel would benefit us?

Give me your thoughts

*open to both consoles

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Should we look at the send down after bidding stuff? Make it so a player has to play week one in the NHL prior to being eligible to be sent down to the AHL? I have heard some concerns with this stuff.

Should we remove the ability to TC drafted players PRIOR to the bidding sessions? Or make it so if a drafted player is placed on the TC that player is stuck there for a MIN of two weeks before he or she can be called up

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. Rise_Of_Knies

Rise_Of_Knies Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    what about capping off the amount of trades teams are allowed to do in a season. Like 1 a week for a total of 7 or just 7 to use at anytime. I just think teams misuse the amount of trades they do and teams should promote from within once they reach their limit. Could stop teams from stacking at the end from teams just trying to dump good players for nothing. I mean if we're trying to simulate the real thing does a team really make that many trades.

• Dislike x 9
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. DarkI79I

DarkI79I Warning Group

Ratings:
    +699 / 21 / -57
    I don't think there should be a cap on how many trades allowed in a season, and if there was cap, 7 certainly shouldn't be the number. That's far too low. The only way we get away from teams stacking is some of what Brodie mentioned with NHL send downs and DPs being less flexible in their movement but also what has been brought up 100 times before; the BoGs being able to veto a trade if its very obviously one sided. Example: struggling team sends their top player to contender for way less than that players value. The second part is hard to advocate for as there's a lot a subjectivity involved.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. DarkI79I

DarkI79I Warning Group

Ratings:
    +699 / 21 / -57
    Another suggestion that I know Brodie has toyed with a bit is the idea of making it so you cannot come back in the same season if you buy out a ban. I'm fully aware I have done this and benefited from it. However, I did this last season and damn near won a Calder because it sent me from being 500K in the NHL to 500K in the AHL. Same deal happened in S13 with @IamYOSHii-- and @AngZ-x ending up on the cup winning Admirals team. Should be the same as it is for managers. You have to sit the rest of the season and can come back for the following season if bought out. Cap bans remain the same.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. R34NHL

R34NHL .

Discord:
    R34#8702
    Ratings:
    +241 / 57 / -32
    Raising the ahl salary cap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Rise_Of_Knies

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    abolish the current AHL playoff method and imply the wildcard method. Rather see good teams that get 100+ points than a 85 point team playing in playoffs cause their division was weak

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Long post warning. With a simple solution to help the AHL and a complicated solution that would probably never happen.

Simple solution:
    -I think the AHL could use a "protection system" similar to the CHL in which they can protect a certain amount of players from being called up. Being AHL management can be pretty miserable (especially with NHL management that barely cares about their AHL), and it seems less and less people are interested in managing at the AHL level considering the amount of NHL owners who struggle to find AHL management or who never find AHL management at all (Lou).

Complicated Solution:
    - I'd be more interested in a much bigger idea of mine that will probably never happen because a lot would need to change to make it happen, but I believe it would benefit both the NHL and AHL. I think at the very least it would be worthy of a Summer Season test run.

- The idea would be to almost completely separate the AHL from the NHL. There have been so many issues between NHL and AHL teams over the years, and often times the bottom of the barrel AHL teams end up there due to being screwed over by their NHL team, moreso than their own mistakes. The NHL would still have an AHL "affiliate" with all of their CHL TCs to be used as ECUs, but that's it.

- My idea would be for the NHL to have a TC draft after bidding to give them a pool of call-up eligible players for themselves. This group of players would be the only players eligible for NHL call-up (along with their own CHL drafted players). The players selected in this "NHL TC" draft could still be in AHL bidding, but AHL teams would have to be cautious about grabbing guys in bidding who can be called up whenever the NHL feels like it. It would essentially make the AHL be to the NHL what the CHL currently is to the AHL.

Pros for the NHL:
    - More preferable options for them to use as ECUs/call-ups (they won't have to rely on their AHL team to do a decent job in AHL bidding in order for them to have better ECU/call-up options).
    - They wouldn't have to search for AHL management (Bogs could select them since the leagues are basically separate). We could still chose to have NHL management pick their AHL management so that NHL teams have a couple extra guys they can count on to ECU.
    - Less AHL headaches/drama. AHL teams would have no right to complain about the NHL calling people up (they still will likely complain anyway, like CHL teams complain about AHL call-ups, but it's their own fault for having the call-up eligible player).

Cons for the NHL:
    - Some NHL Owners enjoy managing an entire organization (now it would just be their own team + TC)
    - Could struggle to find ECUs depending on the number of rounds we have in the TC Draft (their AHL affiliate/TC might not jump at the opportunity to ECU for an org that can't call them up).
    - Extra work on bid week to have to do a TC draft after.

Pros for the AHL:
    - They aren't at risk of having their team blown up by their struggling NHL team or due to bans on their NHL team or simply have their players moved by an NHL team that doesn't care about them.
    - I believe more people would be interested in AHL management with this format because they'd be free to run the team as they see fit.

Cons for the AHL:
    - They could still have players called up from multiple AHL teams, if they have players on their roster who are NHL TC.
    - Bidding becomes more risky.
    - Some AHLers want to be called up if they're performing well, and wouldn't be able to, if they weren't taken in the TC draft.

Things that would need to be figured out:
    - How many rounds would be needed in the NHL draft? I think 10 sounds like a good number to ensure the NHL has viable options at all positions, but it might take too long. How many total players should we limit for each NHL teams' TC?
    - What do we do with the prospect draft? I'd suggest going back to four rounds. Two specifically for the NHL and two specifically for the AHL.
    - How would NHL send-downs work? Obviously if they don't get claimed on NHL waivers, they'd go straight to NHL TC, but what else should happen? Should they be RA'd to an AHL TC like AHLers are to the CHL TC or should they be sent down to their "affiliates" TC?

Like I said, this will likely never happen since it would require many major changes to the site, but I figured I'd throw this idea out there (I'm sure you've seen ideas like this before @LG McDonald)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    bossy_22_
  9. Rise_Of_Knies

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    To what Bossy said, as a former AHL GM when NHL messed with my team it was deterring to have to go and find replacements at the caliber as the ones taken from me. What made it someone agreeable was when the NHL owner at least gave you a send down or a DP to use in a trade but for most its fend for yourself. This is also where teams not running at full 17 man rosters load up their AHL team. Like an NHL team can operate with 12 players is ridiculous. 17 man roster should mean 17 bodies.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    As someone who's managed at literally every level, this would legitimately be the best way to avoid the toxic NHL/AHL relationship that happens far too often. I can't see why either league wouldn't want to be responsible for their team, and their team only.

It's been awhile since I've managed in the AHL, but as a player this season, both of the teams I was on were mid to bottom tier teams, and both of them got severely screwed over by things that they could do nothing about. For example, one NHL team not doing resigns for their AHL team (they didn't find AHL management until after the resign deadline) or trading AHL roster players to facilitate an NHL trade, and getting their AHL little to nothing in return or calling up players simply because they bid on shittier players that they traded for picks, and gave you nothing in return.

I would personally never consider managing in the AHL under the current format, and there are plenty of people who feel the same way.

bossy_22_
  11. Oldfreakgoat

Oldfreakgoat Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oldfreakgamer#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 20 / -31
    back the mercy rule 8 goals difference the game over

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Level 55 Gunner in The Blastplains
    No Streaming Account
  12. Krumnz

Krumnz Bruins/Raptors fan for life

Ratings:
    +21 / 49 / -89
    Have a tc league where the tc of each team play 4 games a week just like a 20-30 game season and the owner of that team can choose who they want to play to sort of see how they play and what not can be sort of a place where players can breakout

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Krumnz

Krumnz Bruins/Raptors fan for life

Ratings:
    +21 / 49 / -89
    Sort of like the NHL/AHL but like CHL/TC

No Streaming Account
  14. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    This I agree with man. I like the old format !!!

ahl_allstar_3
  15. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    This is it right here.

• Like Like x 1
    ahl_allstar_3
  16. Rise_Of_Knies

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    You do remember 3 games were 830 930 1030
    So now there's 4 within same time frame. Nothing changed.

No Streaming Account
  17. I Damaster I

I Damaster I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    l Damaster l#6078
    Ratings:
    +183 / 13 / -28
    Yes, but now they lock you into 4 a night when it was 3 games a week most teams spread it out.

IDAMASTERI
  18. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    LGAHL Owners should keep their teams like NHL Owners do. NHL owner can't fire an AHL owner until their 2nd season as owner? idk expand

Williamsx12x
  19. hoochnutz2

hoochnutz2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 4 / -17
    limit gt changes to 1 per season; can't change your GT until after bidding and window closes before trade deadline

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Rise_Of_Knies

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    How about have real time status graduation. Like if a player hits his game criteria during the season he graduates to for example prospect to amateur therefore being eligible to be called up instead of waiting til seasons end. There's also a rule which allows randomly assigned amateurs to be called up. If they graduate to ra v during the season then they shouldn't be allowed to play in tbe ahl or nhl on roster.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account