LGAHL AHL Suggestion Thread - Summer Season Edition [Xbox/PSN]

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Apr 30, 2021.

1. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    @LG McDonald I've got a couple more ideas based on recent events that have occurred in the AHL playoffs already this season.

The first one is what happened yesterday between Charlotte and Bridgeport. Charlotte used an illegal prospect and the game was overturned. Obviously this is 100% Charlotte's fault, since they should know about this rule that's been in place for years... Myself and others have been questioning why this is still a rule though, and I think it's time to change it since I honestly can't think of any legit reasons as to why Prospects can't ECU in the playoffs. Can you enlighten me on why this is still a thing? The only thoughts I can come up with is the league not wanting managers to bench roster players for better prospects in the playoffs (but benching roster players is illegal regardless of who the ECU is) or is it simply the fact that it's way too easy to sneak second tags into the league and teams can just leave random prospects on their TC to use when they want?

The other event was the game 5 ff that Rockford took against Texas last round for not being ready at :11 after. Obviously by rule, Rockford was 100% allowed to take a ff, but should we really allow ffs so easily in crucial playoff games? You can certainly blame Texas for taking too long in getting ECUs, but from my understanding they had TWO guys just disappear at game time (it's a tough ask to find multiple playoff-eligible ECUs in a timely manner in this situation).

My possible suggestions to fix these issues:
    1.) Allow prospects to ECU in the playoffs (this would avoid Charlotte's ff entirely, and would've given Texas more options to ECU).

2.) Change the ff rules for playoffs. My suggestion is that you can take a ff anytime after :16 minutes, but no sooner. You can wait longer than :16 minutes and still take a ff before gametime, if you chose. At :5 minutes after you'd take a pim, at :8 after you'd take a 5 on 3 pim, at :11 after take a third pim after the 5 on 3 expires, and so on for :15, :20 or even longer if the other team chooses to wait (maybe even make the amount of pims higher to really punish teams for being late + more chances for the on-time team to score and be willing to actually get the game in).

With recent rule changes to the CHL (starting their playoffs sooner), a lot of TCs are having their seasons end earlier than usual, and many guys disappear once their main season is over. This makes finding ECUs in the playoffs that much more difficult. Hell even in the last week of the regular season, my non-playoff AHL team struggled hard to find last-minute ECUs.

TL;DR Don't cheapen the only games that matter by allowing ffs so easily.

• Informative Informative x 1
    bossy_22_
  2. Rise_Of_Knies

Rise_Of_Knies Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    Playoffs make it those who don't show up and give at least an hours notice they receive bans.

No Streaming Account
  3. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    Lower the management criteria standards. Management interest in the AHL is at an all time low, why make it harder to be a GM when there's barely any interest in the first place.

Also a new commissioner would be nice, not one that has his own personal agenda preferably.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  4. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    The Rangers have sent nhlbot to the Wolf Pack 2021-04-21 05:14pm The Rangers have sent Planty_x77x to the Wolf Pack 2021-04-21 05:08pm The Rangers have sent I87ICROSBYI87I to the Wolf Pack 2021-04-21 05:08pm The Rangers have sent Freezer x 13 to the Wolf Pack 2021-04-21 05:08pm

The mass drops from failed NHL teams needs to end. What's the point in managing in AHL if you plan your bidding and trades all on the same footing as other teams but then a team gets NHL level players sent down right before playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    premierplayer
  5. DarkI79I

DarkI79I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +699 / 21 / -57
    What's the big difference between doing it at the deadline and having send downs and DPs after bidding? I see this debate every season. People are complaining about HFD this season and people complained about RCH S15 and so on. Every season there is one team that gets to use a bunch of DPs and send downs for the whole season (looking at you Belleville). Then when a team like Hartford does it, its "unfair". I'd argue it benefits a team to have their send downs and DPs down the whole season so they can feel out line combinations and chemistry over a team who gets them week 7-9.

No Streaming Account
  6. premierplayer

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519

I have an issue with Belleville too. I didn't want to type a novel. Brodie would get the message from what I copied from Jclaus in the chat anyways. I agree its not only a deadline issue but its more prevalent then when bad NHL teams send down.

premierplayer
  7. DarkI79I

Ratings:
    +699 / 21 / -57
    I understand where your head is at, but short of locking players in to the level they were bid at or making it so that DPs have to spend X amount of time at a certain level before being moved up or down (an idea Brodie has mentioned), people will game the system. While I don't love some of the obvious shenanigans that went on with Belleville, you can't really fault an NHL owner who leaves DPs down in the AHL to develop their game.

TL;DR: There's no good way to stop it.

No Streaming Account
  8. premierplayer

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    I get the idea behind it but its not developing anyone's game when the players are playing high level of competition in CBJ and other leagues already. I can see why people shy away from spending time managing in AHL when this goes on.

premierplayer
  9. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    AHL management is miserable. That's why I made my suggestion in my first post on this thread to almost completely separate the AHL/NHL. That would certainly stop the issue you guys are talking about with teams getting stacked with NHL send downs when they miss the playoffs or have extra bid spots to send down.

bossy_22_
  10. DarkI79I

Ratings:
    +699 / 21 / -57
    Right, but there's varying degrees of that. Some DPs are CHL/AHL/NHL ready. Its hard to draw lines around certain players for being too good. You can't force people into the NHL as players.

No Streaming Account
  11. DarkI79I

Ratings:
    +699 / 21 / -57
    I think separating the two leagues is the only way you get around that but LG wants to keep the league "realistic".

No Streaming Account
  12. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Practically nothing about the AHL/NHL relationship in LG is anything remotely similar to the real life NHL, if anything it would be more realistic to the the LGHL a "taxi-squad" type thing like the real NHL currently has

• Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  13. Rise_Of_Knies

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    Real AHL considering play in format. Could test run it in ahl next season.
    Top 3 teams in each division advance. Have 7th seed in each conference play 8th for 7th seed. Then loser plays 9th & 10th seed winner for 8th seed. So when season ends on a Tuesday, play in format on a Wednesday with S7 vs S8 to determine 7th seed & S9 vs S10 game with winner advancing to 8th seed game.
    S7 vs S8 9:00 pm Winner claims 7th seed. Loser gets to play for 8th seed.
    S9 vs S10 9:30 pm. Winner gets to play for 8th loser eliminated.
    10:30 8th seed game. Loser of S7 vs S8 plays winner of S9 vs S10.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Harrd-Knock

Harrd-Knock SOHK '19

Ratings:
    +153 / 6 / -5
    This might have already been said (not reading up), but the playoff format is garbage. Every season a top 8 team misses the playoffs because only 4 can get in from each division. Season 15 Hartford missed the playoffs with 105 pts and and a team with 92 pts made the East playoffs because they were in the weaker division.

The same thing happened season 16, Bridgeport missed the playoffs with 102 pts, a 90 pt team got in. I understand you guys are just trying to stick to the "real life" format but that format is in place to limit travel...this is a virtual league we don't travel. There is no need to have such a bogus system that routinely makes really good teams miss the playoffs just because their division is tough. I motion to change the AHL playoff format to the exact same format that the NHL uses (top 3 in each div plus wildcards). Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 1
    harrdKnock6
  15. GhostxBearx

GhostxBearx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217

I said this earlier in the NHL thread. I def 2nd this. Something needs to be down about playoff format and send downs.

GhostBearTTV
  16. MattAdoresDanna

MattAdoresDanna Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -5
    Change the playoff format and as mentioned above, the NHL send down rule. Should be along the lines of if NHL (DP or A) player plays x amount of games, they cannot be sent down. Too many “gifts” for AHL teams towards end of season in the past. I also like the new rules with bans. I’ve always believed if you are banned in season you should not be allowed to return until next.

MattAdoresDanna
  17. MyNamesMino

MyNamesMino Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MyNamesMino#6788
    Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -11
    Not sure if it's been said but let's limit the amount of username changes. One should be free but some people are actually mental with changes to dodge bidding.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    mikeymino
  18. Giroux

Giroux Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Giroux#0028
    Ratings:
    +65 / 7 / -7
    To echo some of @l Bossy l x 22 's sentiments,

I think the first baby steps of a solution to finding a good N - A balance is to:

give some call-up protection rights to the A managers to keep their best players there (willingly of course); require AHL management approval for N trades involving A players; and/or, change Amateur status to ineligible for NHL call up once in a lower league while allowing waiver-exemption from A to C while keeping the rest of the current stipulations (Bidding in all leagues, CHL roster to tc waivers, etc.).

The AHL just needs some sort of autonomy to allow managers to be confident in their decisions and feel secure in their positions in-season. Right now it's a little too much like the A is food for the N and the C is food for the A, when it could be a little less cutthroat.

The rules suggested could be nice, small steps to implement then step back and observe if they help the league or find a more impactful way to make the lower leagues more competitive.

• Like Like x 1
    GirouxTV
  19. Rise_Of_Knies

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    As to what happened to WBS on psn side being eliminated from playoffs over an overturned game from a few weeks ago being noticed on the last day how about any games with infractions management are given til the end of the week to find discrepancies. For example if an ineligible player played in a game week 5 managers must file an ac before the start of week 6. This would avoid teams at the end of the season being eliminated over something that happened a few weeks prior. Only reason you should give overturned games at any point of the season if there was a 2nd tag issue.

No Streaming Account
  20. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    2.5: Statute of Limitations
    ● The statute of limitations only applies to less serious violations.
    ● Code of Conduct violations that would result in a player removal, will not fall into this category.
    ● Account recovery or second tagging issues will not fall into this category.
    A complaint filed fourteen days OR more past the original date of the violation occurring will be deemed past the statute of limitations. Any complaint past the statute of limitations will be void.
    ● If the situation occurs where an offense takes place that impacts the League's standings, the League reserves the right to schedule a replay of the game or mark the game as a forfeit.

What's the point of the 4th bullet, if the 5th bullet just says the league can do whatever they want? :laugh:

This is also another example of how the standings tiebreaker in this league is the dumbest thing imaginable. Regulations wins mean nothing. Games aren't decided by 3v3 or shootout

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    bossy_22_