Please Vote! Bad and Worst Contracts of S42 Bidding

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by l Bossy l x 22, Jun 11, 2022.

?

Who was the worst contract in bidding?

1. Williams

17.5%
  2. JiggleJuice

6.8%
  3. David Price

4.5%
  4. Cmchoffa

10.2%
  5. Trae

4.5%
  6. No Kapanen

4.0%
  7. Billy/KD

0.6%
  8. Jordan

1.7%
  9. Sleatz

1.7%
  10. Killa K

10.7%
  11. Tigga Sligga

7.3%
  12. Kaxnan/Bathersxn

10.2%
  13. Mookie/Ookie

20.3%
  1. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Hello everyone,

I figured I'd highlight the absolute worst that the Summer S42 bidding had to offer. I look forward to most likely seeing some of these names again later in the season for the Anti-Awards.

Abbotsford Canucks:team2050:

Bad: LW- @Phenomov (3.25m)

- Let's kick off this long list of overpaid forwards who have barely played LG in recent seasons. This guy with 739 LG username changes made his return last season after a lengthy break and went for 750K in the CHL, and he's now somehow over 3m in the AHL? Weird.

Worst: LW- @VolTaGe TaCKtik (4m)

- File this contract under the "What the f*ck is this?" category. This dude combined for just 5 wins and 33 points between the NHL and AHL last season, and somehow got paid almost 3m higher than in S41. Yikes.

Bakersfield Condors:team515:

Bad: LD- @SWRV Phantom (2m)

- I don't personally know the "SWRV" clan at all, but I've heard this is the worst of the SWRV's, and this SWRV somehow is getting paid 1m more than the other one... Also can someone tell me what a SWRV is? Thanks!

Worst: RW- @Kreidxr (3.5m)

- I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this Kreider won't randomly score 50+ goals this season, like his NHL name-sake. If he wants to live up to this contract, he'll need to come close.

Belleville Senators:team777:

Bad: LW- @Xx6Sinka7xX (2.5m)

- @Zhamnov finally won, and overpaid for, Sinka in bidding. Something he had been trying to do since S38. In that time frame Sinka has amassed 7 wins in a season 3 times, and 10 wins once. Classic Boz move.

Worst: C- @Pastrnak x88 (3.5m)

- It has been rumored that this guys namesake wants out of Boston, unless GM Don Sweeney is fired. Would not be shocked to see a similar situation unfold in Belleville.

Bridgeport Islanders:team315:

Bad: LD- @NotSlxmShxdy (1.75m)

- Clearly Eminem is not an AngryFrenchie, so the gamertag checks out. This contract however, does not. Honestly, it's not an awful contract, but I would've stopped at league minimum for someone who hasn't played in a couple of seasons after winning 3 games and going -37 in the NHL.
    12FBB42B-644F-43F4-AED0-7A7CCAE562D7.gif
    Worst: C- @Drxww 16 (2.25m)

- I always like seeing career CHLers moving up. Good thing for Drew is that he's coming off one of his worst CHL seasons, so at least he didn't get egregiously overpaid.

Charlotte Checkers:team393:

Bad: C- @Garnieggs (3m)

- A third line AHLer on a solid AHL team last season going from 750K to 3m checks out for this Summer season bidding... Probably should've resigned.

Worst: RW- @MaGiik x 99 (2m)

- Sing it with me "It's magiik you know..." Oh wait you don't know? Neither do I because I have no idea who this Magik guy is. It's been two seasons since this dudes only full CHL season and the numbers looked alright, but nothing that screams more than 750K. I assume @Flames I18I & Co. did their homework on this guy though.

Chicago Wolves:team395:

Bad: C- @Ookiiieee (4m)

Worst: RW- @Moookiiie (4.5m)

- Awe how adorable. Their names rhyme. Almost equally as adorable is the classic RedWingFreak move with one of the most baffling decisions in bidding. Spending 8.5m on two guys who combined for 18 wins and 94 points between the AHL and CHL last season is an awful look.

Cleveland Monsters:team317:

Bad: RW- @l Herndy l (4m)

- This is just a highly questionable contract. Herndy broke out with a couple of solid AHL seasons, with his last and best season being in S37. 4m is a big risk in hoping he can come close to that level of success again.

Worst: C- @SV Sniper 92 (3m)

- This is the most insane Tanaka/Mashle/Boz type bid that I've ever seen from someone other than those three. This Sniper guy apparently looked like a stud in the NHL way back in S13-S15... He made his return to the CHL last season and was the antithesis of the word sniper (10 goals in 26 games). I get that the center pool was horrendous, but this bid is far worse.

Coachella Valley Firebirds:team1099:

Bad: C- @Bathersxn (4.25m)

Worst: RW- @Kaxnan (4.75m)

- Is there anything more predictable than CHL managers moving up to the AHL and dumping a f*ckton of cap on some CHL heroes? It should be a crime for this to be a CHLers first full-time experience in the AHL.

Colorado Eagles:team625:

Bad: RW- @Nickollai (4m)

- This is simply one of the strangest contracts in bidding. It's incredibly rare to see career defenseman getting a massive contract in their first attempt at forward... From the looks of it, this guy hasn't been a very offensive defenseman either, so I'm very confused here. Maybe Nick is some banana league hero on forward or something.

Worst: LW- @Tigga Sligga (5m)

- This is simply one of the worst contracts overall in bidding. One good AHL season of tips and turds (something that's basically been nerfed to non-existence) is somehow now worth 5m in AHL bidding. Ouch.

Grand Rapids Griffins:team299:

Bad: C- @Boogie x6 (4.25m)

- The LGAHL annual tradition of Boogie getting overpaid regardless of his position continues. How fun (for everyone not named Boogie).

Worst: LW- @K11LA K (5m)

- I honestly don't even need to roast this contract because Killa will probably just do it himself.

Hartford Wolf Pack:team314:

Bad: LW- @IlFox (4m)

- A .500 record gets you 4m these days. Poor Fox. Can the 4m Fox somehow make the AHL playoffs for the first time since his return or does the Wolf pack simply have FalseHope?

Worst: RD- @That 1 Odd Guy (3.25m)

- Ah. That 1 Odd Bid at the very end of bidding... You don't want to make it because you know That Guy probably isn't worth it, but it's better than moving on to some 750K random.

Henderson Silver Knights:team1475:

Bad: LW- @Chum lLee (2.75m)

- This guy has been away from LG for almost as long as the Pawn Stars have been off air. This can't be a coincidence.
    F0DCE444-64EC-408A-9307-CF0110FEC95F.gif
    Worst: RD- @Splitty x 10 (2.5m)

- A career forward on PSN comes over to Xbox to make his defensive debut and somehow goes for 2.5m. I'm sure the self-declared best team post-bidding did their homework though.

Hershey Bears:team350:

Bad: LW- @Pwnologistz (2.75m)

- Here's another example of a guy having a meh S41 and still getting paid nearly double in this bidding.

Worst: LW- @l Sleatz X 19 l (5m)

- Sleatz has had two rough seasons on NHL22 and still somehow manages to pull in a massive 5m contract. I assume they're likely going to try moving him to center, but that really doesn't make this contract look any better.

Iowa Wild:team362:

Bad: LD- @PAPA SMOKE 9 (4m)

- I honestly don't really know much about this guy, but nothing about his stats jump out as being worth one of the most expensive defense contracts in bidding.

Worst: C- @Cannarozzo (3m)

- This guy has now gone for 3m in each of his last three seasons in bidding. His previous 3m seasons were far from screaming 3m worthy... Perhaps the third time's the charm here, but I doubt it.

Laval Rocket:team778:

Bad: RD- @Martinez1225 (2.5m)

- The only other non-750K bid won by Laval was a goalie, so Martinez is pretty much the second worst contract by default.

Worst: LW- @l K T 4 8 l (5m)

- Better known as Flyers, KT was probably one of the better forwards in this bidding... Still nobody in this bidding was actually worth 5m+, especially not a winger.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms:team302:

Bad: RW- @PlNKS0 (2.5m)

- I was so tempted to put everyones favorite person, @Mxckie, in this spot. Unfortunately this Pinks bid was just highly questionable. He and his 3rd line (9 wins) were a huge reason why Bridgeport failed to make the playoffs last season, so the 750K raise for Pinks makes zero sense to me.

Worst: C- @Jordan I91I (5.25m)

- Unless this man turns into the Michael Jordan of virtual hockey... This is a massive overpay. Sorry, not sorry.

Manitoba Moose:team307:

Bad: C- @K40Sx ELiTEz (2.75m)

Worst: C- @Virtsak (2.5m)

- The @Cam x 28 contract is bad, but I had to put these two guys ahead of him. I honestly don't know either of them, but none of their stats scream being close to worthy of their current contracts.

Milwaukee Admirals:team390:

Bad: C- @Brisan x6 (4m)

-BThis contract is bad. I would've called it awful, but Brisan helping out as AGM brings it down a notch... It looks like they're going to need all the managerial help that they can get though.

Worst: The 750K Forward Army

-BOn paper this looks like the worst forward group in the AHL. Brisan at 4m, two subpar free contract forwards, two 1m draft picks and the rest 750K warriors... The defense looks solid though. Guess they're praying for a lot of 1-0 and 2-1 wins. Good luck with that when you've got @Drake0807 and @SpruceMoose91 who have hemorrhaged goals against at historic rates in their recent AHL seasons.

Ontario Reign:team517:

Bad: RW- @Some fat gezer (1.75m)

- This one was a toss-up between gezer and @Avatar x TLA, but the better gamertag wins.

Worst: RD- @Delle IX (3m)

- I don't know anything about Delle's ability at defense. Just find it strange that Ontario's highest paid player from bidding was a forward making the switch to defense for the first time.

Providence Bruins:team352:

Bad: C- @IShane90b90I (1.25m)

- Can't really complain about a 1.25m contract. At the same time a goalies first time out at skater probably should've been a 750K bid.

Worst: LW- @Loukzz Eh (4.75m)

- Another position change guy. This time at a much heftier price tag. I have no idea if Loukz is anywhere near as good of a forward as he is at D. For 4m+ Providence definitely could've grabbed less of a question mark.

Rochester Americans:team312:

Bad: RW- @Hoots l16l (2.25m)

- I would've gone with @ChuckMTL- here, but when a team has a combo of Chuck and @Norris x 9... What chance does the rest of the league have? Award Rochester the Calder asap.
    3ACBC930-3DBE-42E8-BCAD-35F684B41D28.gif
    Worst: LW- @JiggleJuiice (5.25m)

- Clearly Jiggle's 5.25m "don't jiggle, jiggle" as he and his fiat are looking to fold after this bid as he's reportedly egoing Rochester. "You really 'hate' to see it."
    79475EE9-88E2-4DBE-B851-2218EC05AA5D.gif
    Rockford IceHogs:team349:

Bad: RW- @VintageTrav (3.25m)

Worst: RD- @Bronsolinoo (3.5m)

- Rockford didn't have to do much in bidding. I really like the @C0TES contract, so Trav and Ewok were the only options here. Looks like AHL legend @Broomball16 has built another first or second round exit though. :p

San Diego Gulls:team518:

Bad: C- @billy x 9 (5.5m)

Worst: RW- @KD514 (5.5m)

- Live look at San Diego management after giving 11m combined to Billy Madison and Kevin Durant...
    5B8CDAC9-BF8B-4703-A2BB-6FD067958EAC.gif
    San Jose Barracuda:team519:

Bad: LD- @WarWeazle15 (4.25m)

Worst: C- @No Kapanen (5.75m)

- I almost feel as though I've stepped into the Twilight Zone with @At43 actually overpaying for people who aren't LG dinosaurs. That being said... These contracts are still pretty horrendous.

Springfield Thunderbirds:team617:

Bad: RD- @TheAngryNachos (3.25m)

- I honestly really don't even dislike this contract. Just find it odd Springfield would grab the Nachos without the @hotwinglol.

Worst: C- @Trae x8 (3.5m)

- This is probably one of, if not the worst contract in bidding. Trae going from 750K last season to 3.5m this season is beyond comprehension.

Stockton Heat:team516:

Bad: G- @HNZ Prince (750K)

- I have no idea whether or not Prince is a decent goalie. If he isn't, it could be rough to have that bum @SlowGazzelle playing six games a week! :kiss:

Worst: LD- @DrPapaShango (3.5m)

- Sir Dr Papa Shackleton continues to get overpaid for his 14-15 win seasons. Weird.

Syracuse Crunch:team309:

Bad: LD- @i wreckineyez i (4.25m)

Worst: LW- @Williams x12x (4m)

- These were pretty easily the least surprising overpays of bidding. Everyone knew these guys were going to Syracuse. It was a pleasant surprise to see teams actually bid up some people and make @mashle93 overpay for his friends though.

Texas Stars:team300:

Bad: RD- @zzStan (1.5m)

- This Stan guy failed to live up to his 1.5m draft contract over two seasons. Hard to see him living up to it a third time around.

Worst: RW- @Velocity I7I (3.25m)

- This looks like a pretty big overpay for a winger who can't find the back of the net. Velocity scored a measly 8 goals in his only full-time AHL season at forward.

Toronto Marlies:team298:

Bad: C- @Flow Sauce Chew (2m)

- 2m for someone who hasn't played in LG since S34 feels like a stretch. Heck even mashle stopped at 750K for this guy, and he's an expert on these types of bids.

Worst: RW- @Juul In You (3.25m)

- A 2m raise for Juul after a mediocre season sounds about right for this bidding. Imagine how many Juul pods this man can buy with this raise!

Tucson Roadrunners:team618:

Bad: G- @TripAcez (2m)

- I cheated here. This guy wasn't won in bidding, but it's a massive failure by Tucson management to have this guy at a contract 500K higher than the second highest goalie contract in the league and 750K higher than the top goalies won in bidding.

Worst: C- @cmcHoffa (5m)

- I think I'm going to have to declare this as the worst contract in bidding... There's just no way to make any sort of sense out of the thought process (or lack thereof) here.

Utica Comets:team410:

Bad: RW- @MacknChel29 (2.25m)

- I don't hate this contract for Mack, but it's hard to like the 1.25m pay increase after an abysmal S41.

Worst: LW- @DavidxPrice (4.75m)

- Let's look at the bright side here... At least your contract isn't worse than @Williams x12x, even if it is 750K more. I could see a Price for Willy trade in the future.

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins:team301:

Bad: LW- @LoudLizard24 (2.5m)

- LarryLlama is clearly washed!

Worst: RD- @xxtrimmyxx (2.5m)

- The AHL clearly picked on the elderly by having Trimmy be the last non-750K bid made in bidding.

If anyone is offended by anything said here. Please direct your complaints to my lawyer @deathstwr99. Thank you!​

• Winner x 17
    • Like x 9
    • Informative x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Funny x 1
    bossy_22_
  2. K11LA K

K11LA K The Golden Bull

Discord:
    k11la_k#0
    Ratings:
    +1,399 / 101 / -76
    I can't read

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    K11LA_K_915
  3. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    It’s POPPYPENGUIN now get it right. Larry llama is dead

No Streaming Account
  4. Loukzz Eh

Loukzz Eh Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Loukzz Eh#4138
    Ratings:
    +62 / 9 / -9
    Great media, only one mistake, I can’t vote for myself as the worst contract.

• Funny Funny x 1
    loukzztv
  5. l Shaner l

l Shaner l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    iShane90b90i#5304
    Ratings:
    +78 / 10 / -25
    :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    shane90b90
  6. xxtrimmyxx

xxtrimmyxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +417 / 3 / -15
    @Loukzz Eh how can you be the worst contract when it is clearly me :)

nice write up! Always enjoy the read :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Xx6Sinka7xX

Xx6Sinka7xX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -2
    My feelings are deeply hurt. Do you know the hurdles I had to go through just to get thos 7 wins.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Dugzz l67l

Dugzz l67l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dugzz l67l#0123
    Ratings:
    +308 / 14 / -24
    Getting the best RD in bidding for 2.5 is a steal btw, nice try though :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    Dugzzl67l
  9. xxtrimmyxx

xxtrimmyxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +417 / 3 / -15
    No Streaming Account
  10. Dugzz l67l

Dugzz l67l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dugzz l67l#0123
    Ratings:
    +308 / 14 / -24
    Love you Trimmy but I wasnt talking about you when I said I won the best RD for 2.5 ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
    Dugzzl67l
  11. Khyzer92

Khyzer92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -3
    Last N season was a shit show I give you that, been playing on PSN for the last 3 seasons tho, great writing

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Delle IX

Delle IX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Delle#5148
    Ratings:
    +81 / 4 / -7
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    Delle9
  13. Fullsend3174

Fullsend3174 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fullsend3174#0
    Ratings:
    +73 / 2 / -11
    I will never trade for Williams

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Kaxnan

Kaxnan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kaxnan.#0
    Ratings:
    +279 / 20 / -30
    I didn’t choose this life, this life chose me

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Frishmania

Frishmania Active Member

Discord:
    Frishmania#7205
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -1
    I believe in you!

No Streaming Account
  16. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Thanks for the media Bossy! I have chem with Hoffa and wanted my boy. 5M hurts but I needed my guyyyyyyy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    persinger92
  17. Summit I28I

Summit I28I In the mountains

Discord:
    summiti28i#0
    Ratings:
    +76 / 6 / -6
    This is my vote for @Virtsak if he was in the poll

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account