....2k Legends....2007....2008...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by WilloMan, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Speculation and rumors have been circling for many months so it's great for us 2k fans that they have officially been confirmed. If they do custom online leagues, imagine what Tris could do. The scoreboards for the other 2k sports titles are phenomenal and no doubt the one for football would be unreal. I can hardly wait for summer to get here!

No Streaming Account
  2. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah me too, considering that I have officially retired from ever buying another madden game. I am sure it will be a decent game.

No Streaming Account
  3. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great news. But i love all the fanboys on OS proclaiming its the greatest football game ever already.

No Streaming Account
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I think this was all in 2k's plan once they lost the NFL License. And the reason i say that is this game will come out when EA's 3rd game from their exclusive 5 is out, And i believe the NFL will go back to the multi-license style and 2k knew they couldn't just pick up with a quality competitor after being out of the game for 5 years. These next 3 versions of the game are to get their game right for when they get the NFL licensce back

Also as army said if this has online leagues (which im 90% sure they will), you will see some amazing scoreboards... i can promise you that

5. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm just glad ill finally have a football game for next gen.

No Streaming Account
  6. ckseven

ckseven Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's about 2 things: Leagues and gameplay. I give both to 2k (especially since the piece of crap EA people can't even figure out how to have online leagues). Can care less if they make it generic as long as they keep the quality of leagues and the gameplay. I can run for 1000 yards with LT or Bob Smith, really doesn't matter to me.

No Streaming Account
  7. ckseven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am currently in a NFL 2k5 league. That's how good their game and league system is, as it still has people playing it almost 3 year after the game was released. If 2k would of bought the license a few years ago I can assure you nobody would still be playing Madden 2005.

No Streaming Account
  8. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can assure you that you're wrong.

No Streaming Account
  9. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I gotta agree with Drake on that one. I hate 2k's gameplay. To each his own, but I get tired of the 2k hero worship. Both games have flaws, both have strengths. I'd take Madden 05 over 2k5 any day of the week.

No Streaming Account
  10. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah I agree with CK on this one. I am in the same league. But we can argue this one over the summer when 2k releases the game

No Streaming Account
  11. ckseven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I made a mistake. A few Madden 2005 apologists might be playing offline in their 22nd season of their dynasty, but they would not be playing in any leagues.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  12. ckseven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Besides you Maddenites should love the fact that this game is coming out. It might spark the idiots at EA to do more than tweak a feature or two for their 2008 product. You think Directv would be coming out with 100+ HD channels if it weren't for Dish Network having better prices and a better HD package now?

I can see next year's feature update being something great like being able to customize your shoelace color on your created players. Gives me goosebumps just thinking of it.

No Streaming Account
  13. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is really old and tired already. People like different games, different TV shows, different foods. I never understood why some people take it as a personal insult that everyone on the planet doesnt like the same things that they do.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  14. ckseven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could care less if people don't like the game. I would just think everyone would be excited about this game coming out. The 2k Fans get a Next Gen football game that they can play. EA gets some competition (competition = innovation, no competition = complacency), which in turn should push them to get more creative in their annual output which should make the Madden Fans happy.

No Streaming Account
  15. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That i agree with. You should have just stated that instead of turning this into yet another 2k vs Madden debate.

No Streaming Account
  16. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will have to see MLB 2k7 and like it to even think about getting 2k's football.. IF its anything like they've been putting out the last couple of years even the die hard fans of 2k wont like it. ( I played 2k1 on dreamcast is how far i go back..) ive been so disappointed since the 2k5 series of games as a whole. I agree with the guys that say this is a win, win for both gamers and fans alike.. either way..

one thing i hope is that they change their controller scheme so we can play both.. EVERYBODY WINS THEN!!

No Streaming Account
  17. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I been playing 2k since it was released, 2K5 is by far their best product. Can't wait for more info on APF 2K8

No Streaming Account