Golf resurrection at LG?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by Xeno72, May 7, 2008.

1. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think that could be a good idea. Didn't they have a tourney mode where everyone could do the tourney when they were available? However, I think it would be positive to have team play as well. Whoever would run it would only let those in who were reliable. Hopefully such problems wouldn't be frequent.

No Streaming Account
  2. EGHAZZY

EGHAZZY LG HvyWeight Champ 116-3

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good points there camby, here is how moose and I have discussed so far...

- It would be tour mode, 4 rounds probably no cut line, either go 1 with 1 or just a foursome, either or. We would play all courses and Assuming championchip courses with champion style greens, fairways etc. Have our scoure board and do it like fed ex style pts.

- Maybe once in a blue moon throw in a lil side tourney : Best ball, 1 ball, battle, w/e something a little different, you can do it march madness style, heck you could go country vs country, ryder cup style.

Just a few things to throw out, which we have discussed so far, any other suggestions would be great.

No Streaming Account
  3. CrackinBacks

CrackinBacks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we need an LG singles league for TW 09...with the way you can play foursomes, and not have to watch everybody take their shots, would be cool.

No Streaming Account
  4. KWAiRT

KWAiRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good count me in for 09.

No Streaming Account
  5. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would def be good if we ever did 09

No Streaming Account
  6. EGHAZZY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you could even do a few Lg's for tiger... Individual stroke play, teamed match plays/best ball....and team canada vs team usa 1on1 match plays...lol on the side IDK just throwing things out there....

We are going to talk with tris and see what we can do. We know he is extremly busy doing his thing, but would be sweet to get a tiger LG going.

No Streaming Account
  7. ReiderCamby

ReiderCamby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tiger Woods 09 is gonna be awesome. This simultaneous play for online is such a great idea, that way we dont have to wait and watch the other players swing. Once again I really hope this works out, if LG is able to put together an individual PGA tour online, it would be awesome because of the new features that EA is putting into Tiger Woods 09. Which I believe is set for release August 26th or so. Although, do we have to wait until Tiger Woods 09 is released to get this league underway?

No Streaming Account
  8. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I'd be down for 09.

drummerJ99
  9. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well i think it's safe to say judging by the feedback of this thread started we could be looking for a good season golf for the next big title to hit.

Should be fun!

No Streaming Account
  10. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have an idea when '09 will be out? I am anxious to do some golfin now so i may have to go and get '08 again :mrgreen:

No Streaming Account
  11. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think it comes out around september/october

No Streaming Account
  12. ReiderCamby

ReiderCamby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I said on the ww.easports.com webiste they said August 26th. Go ahead and check for yourselves to re-affirm it. They have some news on it, I guess Tiger's real golf coach is in the game for 09' and helps to improve your game. The online play is also being completely redone, so that you dont have to wait for other players to shoot, its almost like you'd be playing yourself but when another person shoots it just shows it on your screen in a certain colour, my explanation is probably kindof confusing, just check out the webpage man, it explains alot

No Streaming Account
  13. EGHAZZY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    SWEETDEAL.. can't wait too see that, gonna be so sick , from 07 to 08 was amazing, now 09 WOW can't wait. Augusta should be out there for sureeeeee.

No Streaming Account
  14. KWAiRT

KWAiRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Easy to see now after playing 08 why there is no league. Game needs more options to play hardcore settings. Game is just too easy with full spin control in air and on the ground after shot has been taken. Not to mention people constantly driving greens with 1 shot.

Hopefully with 09 setup the custom avatar stat issue will be gone forever. I am also hoping we can turn the spin off so we can play some real golf. It's pretty lame when guys are shooting 50's on a par 72. So as of right now I despise playing people with maxed out chars. Pro is a nice balance. Will be nice with next year dynamic stats and no more char building. At least that is how I understand the system will work. Much like a hockey player your stats will go up and down based on your play. A much more dynamic system then just maxing out and constantly hitting hall of lame shots. Anyways 08 is good it just needs some fine tuning. The actual gameplay is pretty solid with a really good hit stick. Putting is great with the mechanics behind it. Not sure I have seen a better putting system before. Pretty sure 08 takes the crown with a few EA strings attached. Anyways blah blah blah golf right... See you in 09.

No Streaming Account
  15. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    preaching to the choir! this is why i still prefer Hot Shots Golf just a little more than Tiger, but wish it had Tiger's create-a-character and stat tracking.

i have the idea for the ultimate golf game

HSG Gameplay
    + Tiger's stick swing
    + Tiger's stats
    + Tiger's CAC
    + Mario Golf taunts
    + Caddyshack characters
    = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

murph17
  16. KWAiRT

KWAiRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh I used to play the 3 click back on the PC in the Links days. Switched to hit stick with Links 2004 but Tiger 08 does have much better shot mechanics for every situation. I just hate the maxed stats and the spin in air on ground option. I mean spin would not be so bad if everyone had pro chars only. It's just ~*~* on a maxed char though.

Char customization is definantly up there in Tiger 08. Tonnes of items to buy and use with different stats. Not sure if they go over the stat cap or anything. Surprised with the amount of courses out of the box. TCP Sawgrass is gorgeous wow. Same with Pebble Beach. Amazing to see the detail improvements in the last few years.

I'd like to see a golf game with some where to spend that money I make. I want to buy houses yachts you name it lol. Clothes for charity events, and nice cars to show off at banquets lol. No I would not buy a hummer but I would be in line for a ferrari hell ya!

I think if you had chars limited to pro or something an 08 league would have been solid but definantly not with maxed chars. Hopefully this is all resolved automatically with new stat system next year. Although I always worry when a new engine is being put out for the first time. Especially when it's EA and a title that is put out anually. I guess we can always fall back to 08 if 09 sucks ballz. I would definantly be down for pro level play in 08 but how do you address items and stats that may go over the cap?

Last edited: May 17, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  17. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, the golf leagues were great. Really enjoyed those.

18. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, the Team Links league here was the best time I've EVER had gaming. I know some of us reminisce about it a lot, but it truly was a great league and game. If it weren't for that league, I would've never known about LG and it was actually the first game that got me playing anyone on Live even though I had it long before the league. I still talk with a few guys that are no longer at LG and they also talk about the Links league and the great memories.

Almost all the guys I respect to this day are from that team league. It was awesome to have a match, come online afterwards and either congratulate the other team or read congrats FROM the other team. There were only a couple hiccups but the rest of it was a blast. Our team forum was so much fun and even though the Blues team forum is fun, our Team Links (C-BisKits) forum was awesome. Made some serious friends and it was a true team aspect. I used to get on LG about an hour after every match to see how our team fared that night. Funny thing is, when I got on, the site was full of active Linksters seeing how their team did.

For those that weren't here, it was a great scoreboard and unfortunately you can't view it anymore without getting an error. We had a Team league, a singles tourney, and a 0-skill points match league. The solo tourneys had awesome stats with pie charts showing how you did each round of the tourney and on each course. I was truly blown away by it.

The team league was fun because you KNEW your opponents. You played one match per week but your team played about 6 matches per week. Each match was versus the same team for that week and a win/loss was crucial because it was more like a best of series than a regular season week. The 2nd season was great because we added different game modes on certain nights which really made things interesting.

Ah, the good ol' days. I could talk about that league forever. Unfortunately I don't think that atmosphere can ever come close with a game like Tiger Woods. I like Tiger Woods, but Links was perfect for our league.

Just making this post I've been reading some of the old links posts. I wish I could read the public team forum again if only to be reminded how much fun a team league can be :razz:

No Streaming Account
  19. KWAiRT

KWAiRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I hope something is definantly in the works now for 09. I can't imagine Tris working on anything site related right now if he is busy with 2K9 and crunch time. If anyone wants to shoot a round in 08 and just relax and hang out hit me up on Live.

No Streaming Account
  20. QrazY CracKeR

QrazY CracKeR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree about a tour. I know they have points now, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. I think the nascar model is great in terms of points and then a cut off of the top 10 (or whatever #) and "playoffs (reset points and have a ferw more matches).

My main concern would be which golfer do you use? Do we give people time to build up a golfer? I would want it to be as even as possible, and if I'm correct the user created golfers are much better than the pro's that come with the game. Plus there are people who might not want to go through the process, since it takes a long time if you're a casual player.

Just throwing out some ideas since I've never played in an LG Golf league.

No Streaming Account