Friday Night Test Race Results

Discussion in 'CBJ Friday Face-Off' started by Marauders, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry it took so long, I tried to get some basic statistics for the people that were not in the races that we did last night. I will break down the settings for the race, then with some very basic results that I captured. Hopefully, this will help us out with our future league settings. Of course, I think we should still test out some more settings and what not. For just about all races, we had 6 people racing. We raced Daytona, Inferion and Bristol. So, we did almost all types of tracks. On with the events...

Daytona ( 9 pm race )

Settings
    Laps: 50% (100)
    Damage: On
    Pit Stop: x2 ( 4 )
    Flags: Yellow Only
    Speed Comp: Off
    Cars: Any

Results
    Cars that started race: 6
    Race Time: 1:30:00 (That is 1 hour, 30 minutes)
    Cautions: 8
    Lead Changes: 9
    3 people completed the race
    1 person 93 laps
    1 person 31 laps
    1 person 27 laps

Notes: Seemed to take way to long. Really felt exhausted after it was over. Couple of members left the testing to play other games after this race was over. I think this is too long of a race to do. Definitely a race of endurance.

Daytona ( 10:45 pm race )

Settings
    Laps: 30% (60)
    Damage: Visual Only
    Pit Stop: x3 (3)
    Speed Comp: On

Results
    Race Time: Never completed, hosts xbox froze around lap 42.
    Cautions: around 6 in 42 laps
    Lead Changes: Everyone was in 1st place at some point
    No one completed race due to lock up, but no one's car blew up either!

Notes: Would have been nice to get the actual stats from this race, but after the first 100 lap race we did, couldn't see continuing to race this track again. With speed comp on and me falling almost a lap behind, my car was reaching 230 mph on the back stretch as I was attempting to catch the rest of the pack. I was going so fast into the turns that it was hard to keep from rubbing the wall. I could if I entered the turns perfectly, but that was seldom the case at that speed.

Infinion

Settings
    Laps: 30% (33)
    Speed Comp: On ( I think, can't remember after the reboot of the xbox )

Results
    Race Time: 25 minutes or so
    Cautions: didn't write it down for some reason. Never even completed a full lap before a caution was thrown. Race ended on a caution lap.
    Lead Changes: unknown

Notes: Saw some really good cars flip and crashes in this race. Couldn't race a full lap without someone spining out or crashing. Spent just about the entire race in the caution and pitting during caution. One guy did run out of gas coming out of the caution and he was in first at the time. hehe

Bristol

Settings
    Laps: 30% (150)
    Speed Comp: On ( I think it was on, was the exact same setup as Infinion )

Results
    Race Time: approx 45 minutes, didn't really keep track
    Cautions: 15
    Lead Changes: 5
    3 people completed the race
    3 different people had the lead at one point and time.

Notes: Another test of endurance. Cars just got too beat up and they couldn't finish the race. Again, half the starting number of cars finished. The other half did not.

Overall, I wish I had kept stats like I did for the first one on all the races. I guess I was so exhausted after the first race, that I didn't realize how much detail I wrote down at first and how little I did later on. In any event, I think this gives us some idea of some things and is a good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  2. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    nice man . I really want to get in a couple of races with you guys. Hows sunday night? Maybe we can ty out some more tracks like atlanta, michigan, or other popular race tracks

No Streaming Account
  3. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Strange, completely against what I thought it'd be. I really thought the speedcomp would work really good on the Superspeedways. So should we keep that on? Would it cause more problems/wrecks if it speeds you up too much. I mean if you can't stay on pace under normal racing conditions, do we really wanna put some turbo behind it?

I'm guessing everybody racing last night was using a controller?

50% At Daytona and Talladega are way too much. Gets really boring and you lose focus pretty fast if everybody's really spaced out.

As for the road courses, I'd say we don't even run them. They are alot harder to control then say Forza. Since they are alot heaver cars and unless all your assists are high, you can easily spin it on every corner.

Bristol: I think is about the perfect amount of laps. I realize the cars got destroyed but I really think turning off damage should be a last resort. Just like in real life there should be a penalty for making dumb/bad moves.

I think alot of it just comes down to people learning the race track and/or setup the car. You could also always turn on the perfect line overlay, it'll show you where to break and turn and what not.

I'll be on tonight, if you guys are up for some more testing.

drummerJ99
  4. rcnjsn9

rcnjsn9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would have to say that we NEED to keep Speed Comp off. It completely throws out any need for a good setup. I have a pretty damn good setup that I can run 47.3 with at Daytona without the Speed Glitch ( I had 100 PP on Engine, and 78 on Aero). I was able to lap all but one car in the first race with speed comp off. In the race with Speed Comp on, it simply turned into a race of pit strategy and nothing else. If you pit you will get the speed comp, and by the time the leaders pit you will have them lapped! That is no way right. Also, I was still able to open up a 2+ second lead at Daytona with my setup, but the speed comp on the pits somehow had me in last place and a lap down after a pit stop.

Also, I agree that so many laps on Daytona is overkill. I got out to my huge lead, and got bored so I started backing off and staying with people so I could have some fun racing and not just run Qualifying laps the whole time. Led to me being involved in a wreck I otherwise wouldnt have been involved in and finishing a narrow second. Maybe 50 laps is the right amount.

Also, I think Bristol was great. I was an idiot and tweaked my setup and got myself WAY too loose and couldnt keep the car straight. But with my correct setup I was able to consistently stay clean and with the leaders. If everyone can just figure out that it isnt Daytona and you have to really plan your passes and time them right then I think we'll have success.

Road Courses I cant say anything about. We didnt finish 1 lap under green, and I completely expected that at the beginning. I agree throwing them out would be best for all.

All in all, I think we can make this fun and successful and I'll be on again tonight as well.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  5. MattMeeko

MattMeeko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mattmeeko#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    idk if i should buy nascar or GTA now NO!!!!!

gta is so fun

but this sounds awsome!!!!!

HELP lol

No Streaming Account
  6. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Honestly GTA was so much fun but after I beat it, I hardly even ever think about playing it. Nascar is very fun but very challenging.

No Streaming Account
  7. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Does anybody know how to keep your tires from over heating?

No Streaming Account
  8. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Don't go flying through the corners. lol what assists are you using? If you use alot of them on high, it makes it so you can almost unrealistically fly through the corners too fast. The only time I ever have mine overheat are when I'm really pushing it. The harder/deeper you drive the car in and the more the tires have to work to gain traction, the more you will overheat them.

drummerJ99
  9. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    I don't have any assist on lol. I run like 20 laps and my tires are about to blow, I don't push that hard either. Thanks for the help though man

No Streaming Account
  10. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Cubbies16CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It looks to me like the speed comp oin races were more fun. lots of lead changes, the race coming down to strategy instead of setups. and you really need to lay off in the corners with speed comp on and pick up the time goin 230 on the straights, but i think if yellows are on t0oo there is no reason to drop that far behind i would think.

do you guys honestly think a few people should be able to lap the rest just casue of setup? really? this is about doing hte best internet search for hte best setup and not about who wins a fun race? lets not take ourselves too seriously here boys and have some backwoody down south dirty nascar fun.

bring yer moonshine y'all.

No Streaming Account
  11. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    You shouldn't have to let off at Daytona. If the speed comp makes you so out of control, is it really worth having? I realize you want it to be fair and all but you also have to realize 99% of all Nascasr tracks aren't Daytona/Talladega. So you WILL have to be able to brake, otherwise you'll slam into the wall. If you can't hit your brake marks and fall that far behind withtout using speed comp, what makes you think you'll be able to hit your brake marks and actually drive the car in the corner with speed comp on?

If you aren't using any assists, here some idea's to try:
    soften springs
    raise tire pressure
    adjust driving style (yeah I know, kinda vague but i'd be guessing most of it is driving stylke.)

drummerJ99
  12. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The races did seem more fun with the speed comp on vs not being on, but I think we should still test it out some more as well. When the speed comp wasn't on, it wasn't much of a race. There was more racing around and seeing other people when the speed comp was on. Also, it was nice to pit without being under caution as well in that one race... too bad we weren't able to finish it out.

13. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    If everyone's worried about setups, could always just run default vetern. I don't believe there is any way to force it on the stock setup but this is LG, I don't think anyone would be that worried about winning. But of course I've been wrong before.

drummerJ99
  14. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    I thought about changing the tire pressure. Still trying to figure this all out.. whens the next practice race?

No Streaming Account
  15. reecer

reecer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This would solve a lot of problems. Maybe this combination and speed comp off would be best. At least this way I think it makes it as fair as possible. Just your skills as a driver that's going to make the difference. Other wise I think you're going to have a lot of people losing interest if you have someone lapping you all the time.

Let's just have some fun people.

No Streaming Account
  16. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, we need to make it as fun as possible. We should test more. I think we have the lap length figured out ( more or less ). I will get an availability thread going to help us figure out when we can do more tests. We really need quite a few people on to test as I think the number of people on will impact the results of what the settings do to the race.

17. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    ok if we can't change setups can we change wedge trackbar,and other stuff like that

No Streaming Account
  18. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    If we do stock setups then I'd say no. Otherwise we wouldn't be running default setups.

drummerJ99
  19. reecer

reecer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly.

No Streaming Account
  20. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    ok so if we are tight or loose we have to fight it?

No Streaming Account