Yellow cards

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by OldTimeHockey, Jul 3, 2008.

1. OldTimeHockey

OldTimeHockey Who's the master? Sho-Gun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was looking over the stats for the league and found it interesting/ironic that the goalkeeper from Switzerland is leading the league in yellow cards. A goalkeeper of all positions I have never seen given a yellow in any soccer video game. And the fact that he comes from the neutral/let's be friends country of Switzerland is a hoot.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  2. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    Actually there are 3 guys with 2 yellow cards. They all should be suspended from their next games. If the owners fail to remember and play them, those games become automatic forfeits.

[​IMG]Aiden McGeady2[​IMG]Diego Benaglio2[​IMG]S Mcmanus2

BleedBlueBlood
  3. OldTimeHockey

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't starting this thread to "police" who should be suspended.....purely because I found it weird that a goaltender received not one, but two yellows, and he plays for the Swiss who is a "neutral" country when it comes to politics/wars/etc. so why would they resort to such tactics? :)

But now that I think about it, how would we police this? We don't enter team lineups when we input stats. Its more of an honor thing. And I don't think you can see the other manager's starting lineup.....when they hit that they are ready, I think it is always displays the default lineup shown underneathe the "ready".

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  4. LIGHT THE LAMP

LIGHT THE LAMP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yah b4 the kick off it shows both teams lineups if u give it a few shot seconds.. but honor system should be in effect

No Streaming Account
  5. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    I know what you meant OTH. When I looked though, I noticed these 3 players and just wanted to point out and remind people.

It is basically on an honor system, however it really should be in the best interest for the opponent to look this up before playing them and to know who should not be playing in that game. Also, if the player in question does end up on the score sheet or bookings, then we know for sure he played.

FYI - before I play a game, I quickly look at my opponents roster to check the card bookings. If there is a player with 2 and he played in the previous game, then I know he's not to be playing in mine ;)

BleedBlueBlood
  6. OldTimeHockey

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not if someone hits the A button rapidly to get the game started, which happens in 99.9% of the games I've played in.

No Streaming Account
  7. bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know McGeady has 2 yellows, he will not play in my next match. Thanks.

No Streaming Account
  8. DoMiNaTioN x21

DoMiNaTioN x21 2009 EASHL Champion

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My goalie only has 1....Let me go through these boxscores and see where the error is....there was that disputed first game with Greece where he got one for picking up the ball right outside the box (stupid AI), that's the only one he has received...I think with having to edit/resubmit that game it may have put him down for two or something

No Streaming Account
  9. DoMiNaTioN x21

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Yea, after further review that 2-2 tie with Greece, Benaglio received 1 yellow card in that game but for some reason it is counting that as 2. I have no idea how to fix it, but I will keep playing Benaglio until he gets another one, since technically he really only has 1 ;)

No Streaming Account
  10. OldTimeHockey

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Too freaking funny! I can only imagine what was going through your head and what you were shouting at the TV in that moment.

No Streaming Account
  11. DoMiNaTioN x21

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Oh trust me man, I was livid that game. Vasile sends a long through ball that went too far ahead of his guy, and the goalie comes out to get it and instead of booting it long he grabs it just at the line and takes a step forward. Yellow card and free kick right outside the 18 box, grr.

But that wasn't the dumbest play he made....that would be after another long through ball he charges out, turns around, and kicks it right at my own net...off the cross-bar and right back out to a charging Greece player for an easy empty netter.

Now that I think of it, I might be better off playing without him lol

No Streaming Account