Favre coming back

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by Latdogg, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Are you serious? If he comes back Aaron Rodgers is going to be pissed! I had a feeling he would want to return. I'm not worried though as the Bears have had his number the past few seasons. Here is the story.

Gajeske85
  2. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well the last i heard is that he hasn't submitted his retirement papers yet. there will always be a story until he does that..

No Streaming Account
  3. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    he'll be back. he's gunna need to be carried off in a stretcher in order to retire. he's gunna be one of those guys who stays til his legacy takes a great big dent to it. i love watching him and would love to see him. but i dont want him back anymore

BingoKing91
  4. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    he maybe back but not with Green Bay!! Now that would be odd!!

No Streaming Account
  5. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Of course he'll be back, the dude doesn't know when to hang it up. If Green Bay was smart, they'd tell him if he wants to play this year it'll have to be somewhere other then Green Bay. It's time for them to move on and start planning for the future.

drummerJ99
  6. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They've already told him they are going with Rogers as their quarterback from what I heard on the radio.

No Streaming Account
  7. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If Favre comes back, the Packers best either make him sit the bench as a backup or release him. The guy has had a heck of a career, but the Packers are going nowhere with him. Sure they had a great run last season, but the team hasn't been in the Super Bowl in over 10 years. Am I saying Rodgers will do that for them? Don't know yet, but the guy has sit the bench for a few years now and has done what rookie quarterbacks should do when drafted, learn from their predecessors. Look at Steve Young. Sat the pine for awhile watching Montana, developed into something great. Rodgers sat watching Favre for 3-4 years now, now it's his shot to do something with the team.

Just accept your pension Favre. Just don't pull an OJ and murder your wife while in retirement.

No Streaming Account
  8. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +132 / 9 / -5
    First Off Lay Off Farve Hes The Best Qb Ever He Can Do What He Wants And Im A Packers Fan Adn I Think Rogers Is Gnna Suck Ass

hail2hockey
  9. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    1) Best QB ever is very debatable. I'd take Young, Montana or Marino over Favre.

2) The Packers have to move on sooner or later. Favre told them he wasn't coming back so they moved on in drafting Brohm and you got Rogers to start. If Favre wants to come back, he should have to earn the starting job and not be given it. I doubt he'd come back if he knows he's not promised the starting job.

drummerJ99
  10. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    1) Learn how to form proper sentences and use capital letters when needed.

2) Favre has had a great career but it is time for him to retire. How many times is he going to make the Packers organization guess if he will return for the next season? It is now Rodgers' team. The Packers are moving on and so should Favre.

Gajeske85
  11. MattMeeko

MattMeeko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mattmeeko#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't it take more effort to use captials for every word?

No Streaming Account
  12. beargamer86

beargamer86 bearsgamer86

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Favre really just needs to go stay in his small town and shut up! Im so tired of all this Favre talk that it's making me sick. He will NEVER win another SB so stop with all the come back crap! For those of you that think he's the best EVER, he's not. He has so many TD's because he was tough but he was also a gunslinging risk taker that threw a lot of INT's. He wasn't the best Packer QB let a lone best ever.

No Streaming Account
  13. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +132 / 9 / -5
    haha u guys r funny because marino is a beast and montana is two but farve is better he never had weapons like rice or clark so i dont wanna here it but i do think farve should retire but i love the guy

hail2hockey
  14. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you seriously piss me off....use a god damn comma or a freaking period. anyway, I'm a pack fan and favre needs to let it go and retire. Rodgers is a really good QB and it's time to see if he has what it takes to lead an already good team deep into the playoffs. BTW, marino couldn't win in big games. Young and Montana always had legendary recievers. It's still debatable, but either favre or young would get my vote as the best of all time.

No Streaming Account
  15. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Off the top of my head, I can not name one offensive guy that played wth Dan marino and the reason why marino could not win big is because he never had a defense.

Hey, if Favre wants to come back, let him. He probably won't be back with the packers though. Brett Favre might not be the best QB but I would pick him over any QB because of his heart and toughness.

No Streaming Account
  16. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mark clayton , mark duper, oj mcduffie, bernie parmalee, irving fryar, keith jackson, keith byars, troy drayton..............he's had pretty damn good recievers , tight ends, and recieving style running backs.

No Streaming Account
  17. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Any of those guys in the Hall of Fame? no. They might have been good but they couldn't make the big plays. The only guy I even know off the top of my head on that list is mark "super" duper lol.

No Streaming Account
  18. wrm88

wrm88 kessel= 1nut pu$$y

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just stop when you talk you make your case worst not better.

No Streaming Account
  19. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

never heard of any of those guys? especially keith jackson....he's one of the all-time best tight ends. when did you start watching football? I never said any thing about H.O.F. Players playing with marino. At least marino had 2 HOF O lineman. The only player to play on the same team as Favre and make the HOF is....The minister of Defense: Reggie White.

No Streaming Account
  20. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Oh I have heard of them. I would put keith jackson probably 13th on my all time tight ends. He had great hands, wasn't much of blocker though. Also jackson didn't play with marino for long. I could only find 1 HOF lineman that played for Dan marino, whos the other guy?

No Streaming Account