The Switcharoo

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by whatsUPitsFARVA, Dec 6, 2010.

1. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Kind of long so feel free to skip to final line.

Has anyone thought about going from Xbox to PS3? The big three things that are keeping me on the xbox are friends, online, and the controller. I can get over an online that isn't as good as xbox but the controller and saying adios to friends that I have known for 3+ years would be difficult.

This is a thought that has been growing in my mind for the last 3 months or so and it has been growing greater the last 3 days or so when I turn my xbox on and the first thing I see is 3 ads.-Shitty cell pic warning-
    [​IMG]
    Maybe I'm crazy but it truly angers me that I pay $60/year (now) to see at least 3 or 4 ads on almost every blade.

Something else that has always bothered me is the customization factor. In almost every way you have more control over your PS3. From the theme on your PS3 to the hardware inside of it. Hard drives don't cost anywhere near $1+/GB. You can get almost any hard drive that fits the size standard and install it. Almost any bluetooth headset can work(my $20 one that I for free with a phone worked).

I will probably end up keeping the box but I was just wondering if any of you have switched or thought about switching?

No Streaming Account
  2. GunHavok

GunHavok Pizza

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1
    Well if I were to choose(i own all the systems)It would probably be the xbox because I put way more time into it, but its not because i like the xbox better, far from it. Only reason it gets more play is because I get the hockey game on it to play with my buds. The controllers are trash and always break, the pricing on the storage is just ~*~*. I got a 320gb hard drive for my ps3 for 50 bucks, i think the 20gb hard drives still cost 60 bucks for the 360.

The ps3 has better exclusives IMO, and well I love blu rays, i dunno how anyone who is looking to buy a blu ray player does not get a ps3. IT UPDATES and does 3d blu rays.

PunHavok
  3. Th4tAintCl4ssy

Th4tAintCl4ssy Hockey Fan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have though about getting the PS3 numerous times. The subscriptionless service and customization available. What it comes down to is: How many people I play with online use a PS3?

I almost bought it for a cheaper blu-ray player a few years back.

Another time I was almost convinced to go PS3 after 3rd xbox started to die. I don't think I'll be buying a PS3 anytime soon, with most games I wish to play being realeased on xbox 360.

But I stuck with xbox 360 so far and I have no regrets.

No Streaming Account
  4. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Things I hate about the xbox
    *Getting bombarded with ads because I choose to pay for a service
    *My xbox has a greater shot at dying in the next year than it does surviving another year. 54% fail rate. . . There was a hip replacement recall I read about because 12% of people had problems with it. I don't see how Microsoft hasn't had to answer for this. 2 out of 3 of my Xboxs' have failed and it will probably only be a matter of time before this one goes. Already has the loud disc drive that sounds iffy like my 1st one. Which brings me to. . .
    *I can hear my xbox while I have my Turtle Beaches on and I'm playing black ops with the sound pretty high.
    *Because of the fail rate, you are essentially renting your system. It's almost inevitable that you will send your box in and receive some other guys ex-burned up xbox.
    *They make a last.fm, facebook, and twitter ap but they won't put a browser on the damn thing.

Things I hate about the PS3
    *Controller is bad.
    *Online is not as good as xbox.
    *Many friends on xbox that I have known for 3+ years don't have a PS3
    *Seriously, Xbox live is awesome. Private chat, party chat, and nice servers.

Sucks that a year head start with a bad CONSOLE and awesome online capabilities can make the thought of buying a phenomenal console and meh online capabilities so difficult.

For the record, Uncharted 2 is making this decision even more difficult to make. Uncharted 1 is still one of my favorite games right NEXT TO CoD 4 MW.

argh

And yes I realize a hip is a taaaad more vital than an xbox lol.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Think the Nintendo Wii!

6. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    haha shitty online AND shitty console. That's lose-lose.

No Streaming Account
  7. Epikon

Epikon i like you

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That one ad, with the 4 gold memberships and the microsoft points seems like a pretty solid deal actually. =P

Most of the ads always seem to have a contest, or are for downloadable game related content, so they do not bug me. I also have no experience with a PS3 so not even really sure what I am missing. Online and friends are enough to keep me from even caring what a PS3 is like.

Also are the new xbox's silent? I mean your current one will die anyways, why not just go get a new one ;)

Sorry, just don't want Farva to become an PS3er.....

No Streaming Account
  8. Mr Vezina

Mr Vezina Well-Known Member

Discord:
    acein603#0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the slim and it is pretty much dead silent. I cant hear anything over my turtle beach.

Other than my gf that is..

No Streaming Account
  9. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont know.. I like the PS3 and would love to switch but you cant find one community out there with leagues like xbox seems to carry... Im sure they're out there but I havent seen it yet.. I found that .. Might be looking for a crossover.. I bought madden 09 for both systems and was very happy.. THe show is killer but that just about does it ...It's basically my bluray player until baseball season starts over...lol

No Streaming Account