Difficulty Settings

Discussion in 'Association' started by Marauders, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone else frustrated with the AI and the difficulty settings like I am? I have tried and tried, but I just end up upset after playing on these settings. The AI never misses even when contested. I'm am tired of loosing by double digits every game. I don't even want to play the AI anymore and that sucks, because it could be a lot of fun, but it isn't. I feel like I am being cheesed by the computer.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  2. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are being cheesed lol. No it really REALLY sucks playing the AI. I don't believe this will be fixed until admins have access to sliders for AI though. I like online association but I only look forward to playing when I have games against league members.

No Streaming Account
  3. realdeal

realdeal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I have my league set on PRO and its much fun on that setting and guys making playoffs as well, dont get me wrong you still lose some but its not by doubles and you have a better chance of winning

No Streaming Account
  4. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    whatd o you guys want to do? I'm up for anything really. If you guys want to knock it down another difficulty level we can but it means restarting the league. Because i can't adjust anything once league starts. and even with slider adjustments(which aren't even a forsure with the website) who knows what it could mean.

I'm up for anything. if we restart i'm changing teams as i want to rebuild, and the blazers are already a totally complete team because they stay healthy in the game :)

This league is our league so i'm fine with majority decision. I'd like to knock down amount of games though as games have come out and time is little for some. BUT i'm fine staying at 28.

let me know what u guys want. I'll take the figures Monday and post what we'll do. So please express interest.

BingoKing91
  5. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be game if it means I can have more fun playing the AI. I am so frustrated when I play right now that I can't even put words to it.

6. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    what about season length? i need input on that? stay with the 28 or 29(it slips my mind right now) or go down to 14?

BingoKing91
  7. realdeal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to restart league you will njoy it much better and as far for league pace what would that be Fast or Normal?

if you go with fast I say 28
    if you go with normal I say 14

No Streaming Account
  8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how that really works with the amount of games. I know if I enjoying playing the AI more, I can see getting in between 2 and 3 games a week. This game has so much potential to be fun. I really like it this year.

9. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agree with Marauders here. I can play 2-3 per week and keep it at 28+ games. It's just like he said the AI is abusive at current setting.

No Streaming Account
  10. realdeal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im good with 28

No Streaming Account
  11. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Ill. Restart the league. I'm gonna go with 14 and normal. We'll have to seewhat this does with the timer.ill send info out

BingoKing91
  12. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, thanks Bingo.

13. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    one thing to notice is that all the games are unlocked. we'll have to see what that does to the daily timer.

BingoKing91
  14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    And I might need to remake and set pave to slow. I believe its a 3 thru timer. Unless u guys wanna stuck with it

BingoKing91
  15. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    It looks like its 4 hour advances. I think with amount of games and time between this should b manageable

BingoKing91
  16. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Played my first game on these settings today and it was much better and more fun. The game was neck and neck until about 6 minutes to go in the 4th and I got on a small run and was able to win by 10 pts or so. All three quarters before that I was behind, but at least I felt that they weren't making miracle shots every time down the court.

17. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    the difference i see is a lot more missed shots by a.i...i'm not looking to win anything but i have 2 sim losses and 1 of those games i had played. kinda peeved with that but oh well. i need to move a couple guys but i'm liking the raptors. bayless is a monster with speed and vertical and layup.

When winning by 10 hold down the L3 and R3 buttons in the final 10 seconds

BingoKing91
  18. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what is L3 and R3? The joysticks?

So you played a game and it sim'd it anyway? That really sucks.

And you are right, now that you mention it. The AI will miss shots now. Before, they hit everything every time down the court. At least now, when they are drilling shots, I can at least look at it and say, well.. that time he got an open shot. But they don't hit too many when you are clearly contesting the shot. The AI's odds of making it aren't 90% like before, it is more like 50% on the new settings when contesting the shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  19. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    yeah i keep getting sim losses. last night i quit a game after 1 quarter because some of my friends had gotten on that are hardly on and i'm ahead in games anyways. so i go to quit game(not sim to end) and when i get back to menu. the game was simmed.n thats' the 2nd time it's happened in this league and numerous time in others.

i dont care bout the losses. but 14 games i wanna make sure i have some to play when i can. i need a high pick and some roster moves i feel so the ping pong balls are accepted.

yeah the l3 r3 are clicking sticks .

BingoKing91
  20. realdeal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if u quit a game its a 50/50 shot on the outcome

No Streaming Account