The Association Season 2 Chatter...

Discussion in 'Association' started by Marauders, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Mavericks won their first game of the season yesterday. The Mavericks blocked a Chris Paul shot as time expired. Paul was attempting the tying shot and the Mavericks got the block, winning by 2pts. The game changed the lead so many times, I lost track. Seemed like the announcers said it changed lead 14 times at one point. It was a battle to the end and I thought the Hornets were going to pull a miracle comeback late in the game with the Mavericks up by 6 and the Hornets hit two 3's in a row with defenders in their face and on the other side of the court, pressured the Mavericks so bad defensively, that they couldn't get a good look. But, in the long run, the Mavericks were able to hold it together and get a great road win. The Mavericks actually played one of their drafted players in this game and he was 3-6 for 6pts and had 10 rebounds. The Mavericks are hoping to build this guy up over the course of the next few years. Great win for the Mavericks, lets see if they can keep that up throughout the season.

2. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    My season 2 hpromusingd promising. Jaryd bayless has grown and is becoming a top point guard. All my players have shown growth to the point of me just wanting to keep my team intact. I have 20 million tied up on 2 players so I can make a huge splash this offseason

BingoKing91
  3. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm back to getting my @ss kicked on a fairly regular basis. However, I know that I can win, I just need to figure out a few other items. For one, if I can figure out how to rebound, I think that alone would start winning me games. Too many times, I will have multiple guys under the basket and the AI has just one guy there and he will not only get the rebound, but get the put back and score for his team. I must be able to stop this. Happens at least 5 times a game and that is 10 points right there. Anyone have any tips on how to rebound successfully in this game?

4. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Won my first game of the season against Phoenix. Out rebounded the snot out of them. Blake, Mo, & Gordon had a good game also. Send game against Grizzlies was rough since I played tough D and so did they. Only until 2 minutes left in the 4th were they able to get a couple of more baskets then I could. It was disappointing since I had better shooting game against the Suns but they also don't have any bigs anymore which was easier to contain Nash.

In the process of hopefully making a big trade. Need to get rid of A. Aminu and E. Gordon.

@Marauders - Hey do you hold LT when before going up for the rebound? Do you also adjust your settings so that your guys focus on rebounding and not run up the court? I know it sucks because sometimes before I notice it I have someone flying over my head to get a put back if I didnt box them out. Might also need to make sure you have a big man that only plays D and rebounds.

No Streaming Account
  5. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    some things I do:
    help Defense down to 10. Also with double teaming, i turn that down and adjust as game goes. i have my setting to crash rebounds for 100.

If you have a good rebounder let the a.i. always control them. Dont manually take control to get the board cuz usually your guy won't jump correct or at the ball. I get more rebounds from a.i. than me manually doing it so for the most part i let the a.i. handle it as the manual use doesn't work.

I usually do box out on rebounds with the LT but not always depending on the amount of guys around.

The one thing i'm finding with the raptors. when i push the ball once in a while it keeps me in the game. when i go down to always half court i dont get the best shots even when running plays. So push the ball but dont do it every trip. I don't run a fst break offense but i do run a sped up offense than i did in years past. the A.i. has an unfair advantage when it comes to baskets in the paint so me pushing once in a while helps balance that I feel.

BingoKing91
  6. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Also the Raptors got their record to 2-2 with a 76er butt whooping. Ed davis played sparingly in the 1st half due to foul trouble but in the 2nd half he was fine. he ended the game with 20 points on 9-9 shooting. 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in like 27 minutes i believe. I'm at work right now and cant remember exacts but it was an awesome game by him. Ed Davis has fast become my 2nd favorite raptor after jerryd bayless. I'm loving my team right now and just need a top flight Small Forward i'm hoping to get this offseason when i have 42 million in cap space.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    BingoKing91
  7. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to have to try those things. I don't hold down the LT before going up for a rebound, I usually try to grab the nearest guy and rebound the ball. Starting to sound like that whole approach is just a bad idea. I'm going to try some of you guys suggestions.

8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After getting run out of the gym by the Warriors ( 105 -80 ), I decided that I wasn't doing exactly what I was asking help for, rebounding in particular. So, I played my next game against the 8-0 Denver Nuggets. I finally won a game that was not a last minute shot or defending a last minute shot. It really felt good, but it took concentration on every single possession. Denver now has their first loss and the Mavericks improve to 3-4 for the season. I'm really hoping this is a turning point for my team. I learned a little bit more about some of my new players and leaving the guys under the basket alone really helped to get some rebounds. I didn't get them all, but I got a lot of them I normally don't get. Thanks for the help on that Willow and Bingo. When you can compete, it becomes a lot more fun that when you are just getting drilled at every possession.

9. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    The raptots have gone ona 2 game win streak defeating the rebuilding pistons and than pulling out a squeeker again the wizards. Bayless is playing at a high level and may get some MVP votes I feel. Ans he should be a lock for Allstar weekend. I think li should have 2-3 in the game but well see

BingoKing91
  10. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Glad that helped marauders

BingoKing91
  11. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Raptors fighting for playoff spot. Think I just got my coffin naild shut. 1st close one I had was against hawks and I screwed up final play and had icons up and had final few seconds go out with no shot up. Than last game i got screwed by refsand had to battle back. With a jerebko sub at SF I was able to cut a 24 point lead down to 4. And end up losing anyways. Oh well

BingoKing91
  12. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Mavericks season is over now. 6-8 was their final record. I only had one game sim'd and it was at the beginning of the season. Somehow, I picked a different game and when I was playing it, the other game was sim'd. Oh well.. 13 out of 14 games isn't so bad. My real record is 5-8. The last game was against Willow and it was a lot different than playing the computer AI. You get used to the computer beating you repeatedly on certain things and the humans don't play like the computer AI does at all on offense. It was a real good game and was close throughout.

Bingo, I had a game or two like that. Where I went down by a lot, came back and actually took a small lead with 2 minutes to go, only to have the AI beat me at the end. Seemed like I couldn't make anything and they drained every shot no matter how good my defense was on certain plays.

I like the 14 game seasons and could actually like a few more if it didn't advance so fast all the time. I am ready, however, to reset my win/losses and do a draft and see how good I can do next season. I really feel that I improved this last season over the season before. At least I was able to get a couple of wins. It was nice to give the Nuggets their only loss, to be the then #2 Rockets and to beat L.A. in the Staple Center. But there were other teams that just ran me out of the gym. Some teams you just can't do anything against.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  13. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I like the pace. yeah it's a little frantic but we're gonna get through multiple seasons and it's not overbearing. You're able to take a couple days off before you NEED to get a game in for the most part. and if your in a baskebtall mood you can knock a few games out and get ahead of schedule.

I can't wait for offseason. I've got a scheduled 42 millions in cap space next year with only 4-5 guys on the books(depending on options). A couple good guys are coming off contracts and unrestricted so a possible splash could be made.(Howard in Toronto??!!) I actually really enjoy my team and would like to keep it together as I have a good array of offensive weapons and with bayless/calderon I'm able to drive and kick for three's or cutters. Next season we may be a whole new team but I have the core set for next year(Bayless/Gadson/Davis/Bargnani) for at least 2 more years there so i can keep some chemistry there.

Everyone else is a free agent or a team option. and I love my bench mob so it'll be hard decisions all around. Who returns? who goes? it'll be an interesting one in toronto next year. This year has shown promise and if I'm able to land a Starting SF either through Draft or free agency i believe we'll be over the hump next year and a top 5 team in West.

On side Note I'm thinking i got 2-3 guys on all-star team hopefully, bench. And I've got a possible Rookie of year with Gadson being 2nd in rookie scoring and rebounds. He's gonna be an all-star if I focus on him. Right now I get 4-6 guys in double figures every night

BingoKing91
  14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    also wish I woulda scouted more mid to late 1st guys. Granted all guys get their stats shown. it's nice to get a heads up on possibilities of guys. I figured I'd be a top 6 draft pick but i'm thinking i'm gonna land between 10th and 16th pick

BingoKing91
  15. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The pace is good and the other day I was up early on Saturday morning and the rest of the family was sleeping in and I was in the basketball mood. I think I played 5 games in a row and that really knocked them out.... in fact all of them except my user game, which I got in shortly after that.

I'm not sure what Dallas is going to do. We are at the limit on our cap room with one guy undecided if he is going to stay or not and the rest of the team returning. I'm hoping I can get my guys going even better next season. I don't think 6 wins is going to get me into the playoffs.

16. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    finished my season with 2 home wins. Now looking to the off season to sign a big name.

No Streaming Account
  17. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Lob City finally coming to Clippers? :p Some decent names out there for this offseason just depends who resigns right away and who makes it to free agency.

I got TOO much money coming this offseason(42 million) and was actually trying to acquire a big name free agent through trades throughout the season but nothing was fair for the other teams and I didn't get one done. So i'm stuck with all that money and Not wanting to change the team. I will add some defensive awareness guys and hoping to get some size and ability at SF in draft.

I love my Raptors team. Is that weird?

BingoKing91
  18. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very weird...I'm also looking to get a better SF but Aminu just has so much potential. You have enough money to get a great duo or another 3 allstar crew. I tried to move before the trade deadline and it didnt happen. I also have to deal with resigning e. gordon.

Lob City is in affect even without CP3. I'm looking to move Kaman also. Age and contract is my main focus. Not everyone will be resigned this off season.

No Streaming Account
  19. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    plus i think i have good picks spots for the draft.

No Streaming Account
  20. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    What are Kaman's Numbers? Contract/age? I might be Interested. He's talent. Boards and post moves.

I could Offer 3 Max deals and have cash left to "fill out" roster. Funny thing is I wasn't even trying to create that much cap space. it just kind happened. Calderon and SJax were both 10 mil a year deals that are coming off books so that is big.

Maybe I should scratch my thought of having a good team and go for that Super Crew. I was building around bayless(Which i feel is basically complete) but I could get a big three..

Good thinking Willo :razz:

BingoKing91