Association Offseason THIS WEEKEND

Discussion in 'Association' started by bingo king, Feb 3, 2012.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Playoffs should be wrapping up either tonight or tomorrow morning(When I checked last night the west still had a game to go and they are on 8 hour timer somehow). So with that we get to the fun stuff of the offseason.

Offseason timing is a very confusing and troubling thing so I'll be updating here as soon as I knnow things. We do know that it is in 2 different parts with times of at least 24 hours between tasks. Our 1st task is resigning players,player options,and draft/free agency prioritizing.
    Now this usually is set at a 24 hour timer, yet it has been known to change in other associations. but we'll play it as a 24 hour timer. And once that timer ends if I am not on to start draft it moves it back 12-24 hours or until I get on

Now assuming that our draft/free agency will be Sunday Night.

If it is sunday or monday what times would work best for tyou guys? I was thinking 10 pm central as I'm home at that time and can start the timers than.

BingoKing91
  2. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    its sounding like finals may be completed tonight or tomorrow so our draft would be sunday night at 10 pm central. I know its super bowl night but we gotta work with what 2k gave us.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    BingoKing91
  3. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    GUYS KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN. this offseason thing is a monster to plan for and im trying to manage it best with the help of Sjostromo and others whos been quite helpful.

WE MAY DRAFT TOMORROW NIGHT LATE NIGHT. LIKE 12 AM CENTRAL LATE. it all depends and im just unsure with out fast pace league set if the draft will get pushed back 12 or 24 hours. and I figure it's easier to get guys on around that time than it is for 7 am. or whatever it may end up being

I'm doing my best guys, 2k really shafted us on league control this year when it comes to this stuff. and im trying to keep u guys as up to date as i can

BingoKing91
  4. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up Bingo. Really trying to build around for next season.

No Streaming Account
  5. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm showing this timer set to expire at 5 a.m. EST on Monday morning. Is this something we can change?

My weekday hours are unavailable until 7:30 pm EST on the weeknights up until around 12:30 est that night

6. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    there is a slight problem with that. Once 5 am rolls around and I am not there to start draft i believe it gets pushed back 24 hours, Though this may be pushed back only 12 hours because of our pace setting. But this OA thing has nothing set in stone it seems and times change because I know after last season it was a 24 hour delay for the 1st section whereas it is 48 hours for this offseason.

Now the problem is re-scheduling it. if it is 12 hours that means 5pm est, and if we start midway I have a feeling it'll sim anything unfinished like it does for the game days if u start and the timer moves while midgame. So we have to set a time where it won't do that.

so then if it is a 12 hour delay it is gonna have to be set for 4 pm est, 3 central.
    if it is a 24 hour delay we will draft and 10 pm central, 11 est

and sadly as much as i hate to say it, those who can make it can...and those who can't are unfortunately kinda left in cold because of how the timer thing works

so those times above are a "LOOSE" time, unless majority says and can offer a better time range.

im gonna assume it's gonna be 24 hours pushback when original draft time passes but I can't say anything is set in stone.
    Once that timer gets pushed back, whenever i get on i can set it for 10 minutes from the current time. So i i get on at 3 pm est, i can push the draft to start at 310 est. I can only move it forward in 10 minute increments.

i'm gonna leave it at this for now. please comment and post below, i'll try to accomadate as many I can with this stuff as offseason is important.

BingoKing91
  7. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I usually cannot make it online till around 8 or 9 pm est...I may try to see if I can book off a little early from work Monday...I was planning on trying anyway and this, at least, gives me a reason to do so. But, if I'm not there, hopefully the draft player order works and drafts the player I want at #2. I picked a guy a little lower on the list that wasn't listed as a top 5 to be my top pick.

Anyway, what I'm worried about is my cap space; I'm showing only 10 guys on my roster and only have like 9 mil available. Wall is showing as a RFA (tendered and offer) and McGee isn't guaranteed to resign. So, I may have some real cap issues. I had 12 players, did waive 2...thinking I would get a portion of their salary to spend: EVIDENTLY, I do not know how the NBA's salaries/ cap work. I'm out like 19 mil because of those 2 guys.

Any suggestions?

No Streaming Account
  8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IF you can set it for 10 minutes past when you get on, then why don't you get on that evening and not in the middle of the afternoon? Like around 9 pm est or 10 pm est when most all of us have the best opportunity to get on.

9. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Go back and reread the post. It'll b middle of day if its a 12 hour pushback.
    I'm hoping its a 24 hour but if its a 12 were stuck
    I posted 2 scenarios

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    BingoKing91
  10. realdeal

realdeal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im good for anytime after 8:30 everyday

No Streaming Account
  11. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I will update as I know things. Keep your eyes peeled for updates. if i get on at sometime during the day and the offseason has started I will post and xbl msgs and do everything I can to let u guys know its happening.

AS OF RIGHT NOW THE DRAFT IS AT 10 PM CENTRAL MONDAY NIGHT. as long as i am in control and able to make it that way and 2k doesn't take power away.

BingoKing91
  12. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds good to me.

No Streaming Account
  13. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Added reminder to my calendar.

No Streaming Account
  14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Ok guys I was told its a 24 hour pushback so we'll b drafting tonight at 10 central. I forgot its my sisters birthday today so I may run a few minutes late but i plan on coming home early enuff

BingoKing91
  15. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    some kind of shenanigans went on.....it says I have the 30th pick in the draft. I have one of the worst teams, won the 2nd pick in the draft and am now picking 30th? WTF? Is this a mistake? is there any way to correct it?

No Streaming Account
  16. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    weird...it's showing me as pick# 30. It's also showing my draft picks as being #30 in the trade screen and the pick only has a 1 star rating.....But when you go to mock draft, it has the Wizards at # 2 in the draft. Anybody know what is going on?

No Streaming Account
  17. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, I have no idea what is going on. Hopefully, it corrects itself when the draft really starts.

18. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no joke, Wall is saying he's testing the FA market after this season....McGee would not re-sign with me. I have to rebuild without my best two players.

No Streaming Account