LG OA Season 1 Chatter

Discussion in 'Association' started by bingo king, Mar 24, 2012.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    please use this thread for all your chatter, team updates and whatnot.

BingoKing91
  2. everett67

everett67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Wow did I get my butt kicked last night I could not score for nothing but it was fun just learning the game looking forward to playing humans

everettreec
  3. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    was very bad loss last night. Started off just scorching hot and using rose as a facilitator but it started getting ugly so i had to attack with him and he ended up with 43 pts and 13 asts off only 1 turnover. had a great night. rose forced Ot with a driving layup where i was able to get my defender to fall down off of a dribble move and get to the rim.

overall was a good game just couldnt stop their runs. and howard went about 8-8 in the final 4 minutes of the 4th and OT. he was making everything, jumpers, running hooks, just everything

BingoKing91
  4. Bigsac_13

Bigsac_13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OKC has started slow losing there first 2 games. The first game was just ugly as the nuggets hit 3 after 3 after 3. The second game vs the hornets We came out strong but a big 3rd and forth quarter push by the Hornets and clutch free throw shooting send OKC to 0-2. Looking to game 3 vs a Human many be but OKC needs. We shall see.

5. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Mavericks pulled off a victory against Kobe and the Lakers. Then they turned around and lost to the Clippers. Clippers were just too much. Dirk had a fantastic night, but the surrounding cast couldn't buy a bucket. I need to get a better understanding on how to use my team. I am leaning to heavily on Dirk and that is not going to continue to provide wins for me. I have to get the other guys involved more.

6. Bigsac_13

Bigsac_13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need to play my user games if you play the thunder let me know when we can play.

7. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    FYI: I BELIEVE THE LEAGUE IS ON A 3 HOUR TIMER.

this is automatically set and if u guys want to slow it down to 4 we will need to restart again. thats 8 2k days to 1 real day. I've been missing games cuz i thought it was a 4 hour timer. So i just want this to be known.

I need to get my user games in. So hit me up if u see me on.

The Bulls are struggling when I play. I'm getting my numbers but not getting wins. Rose's shot is a lot harder than it should be and i'm not making shots he makes in real life. not to mention they also musta updated Korver's shot because I can not hit with him either. it's gonna be an interesting season

BingoKing91
  8. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I just want to raise the question of restart. Its 3 hour timetable so we're. Gonna b flying through the season now at the pace of 3 hours(8days a day). I myself have missed 2 games due to speed ans not being able to schedule a game.

Im only raising the topic if it. And would like to know feelings as we're early in 1st season. Also cksrven had joined but quit thinking his human opponent could play his game. WHEN U QUIT TGE LEAGUE YOU CANT REENTER. This is a 2k thing. And I was told on the phone that it's something they will do nothing about

BingoKing91
  9. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been having a problem lately where I get dropped from the 2k servers in the second quarter. This has happened on multiple occasions. It says I'm not connected to LIVE, but I am still connected.

10. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm for a restart. I'm well ahead on my games and still have had 2 sims.

No Streaming Account
  11. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    sorry about last night elk. u had sent me an invite earlier and i was waiting for kids to get home so i couldnt commit to early game. than I completely forgot bout our scheduled one we had. i'll try to be o early tonight and tomorrow night for our game.

not many guys are chiming in on restart. so either they're not checking forums or not posting about it if it's a yes or no.

BingoKing91
  12. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im not interested in restarting....I only have 2 games left to play and they are user games. Ive got some good things going on with my team and will be disappointed to have to start all over again.

No Streaming Account
  13. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm leaning for a restart. Basically use this season a practice with these rosters. I've been getting dropped and I'm not sure if it is just the association or the game itself.

14. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just letting you know, I'm gonna switch teams for this restart....The knicks, especially with my trades were too good. my 3 losses were my simmed games... I was thinking of going with either the warriors or kings. I'll pick when I get in there....last second decision.

No Streaming Account
  15. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    1st game with the bucks was a great one. Ellis was tough to get shots off due to his size so he may be moved for someone wanting a point guard or smaller 2 guard. jennings was an absolute beast and ourn defense was great. The hawks only had 9 assists for the game and 8 turnovers while we had 20+ assists, Gooden was an offensive monster and cleaned the glass in 1st quarter to build our lead while ilyasova finished the game on cleaning boards. I will be moving some pieces as my bench is weak and im unsure of my sf.

BingoKing91
  16. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll join tonight. I haven't been feeling good and haven't had a chance to get on

17. ckseven

ckseven Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have lost every game I have played. There is a pattern. I start out strong in the first either hanging with opponent or having a lead. I get blown out in the 2nd quarter almost every game ( I call it danger time and have tried different things to stop the tide). The 3 rd quarter I usually get beat as well, but not as bad as the 2nd. The forth I hang, but it is usually because they have their reserves in. Can't stand the fact that you have to memorize 100 different shots with the stick to be effective in the game.

No Streaming Account
  18. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to memorize 100 different shots. The main thing you need to do is take an open shot. You have to get open to increase your chances of making the shot. The real key, IMO, to this game is to become good at defense. If you can get a couple of stops in a row and score each time down, it really increases your chances of winning.

19. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Rebounding is big and don't jump for blocks.hold the LT and Hit the Right Stick up or when a shot goes up or you think they're gonna go for a shot. it contests and doesn't get you outof position. You don't need the 100 shots you just need space ebcause this game is big on contested shots(for humans) not going in. Ck you're team is stocked with shooters so driving in and kicking would be an idea thing for you. another good tactic to use against the cpu is the up and under.

and with Dwight a strong move would be to get the ball in close and hold the Lt Trigger and Flick the stick towards the basket. it's a drop step into the lane where he'll either drop step to a dunk(which is likely with him) or a neat lay-up animation that is a good chance to go in but not 100%.

Another big thing is timeouts. They do kind of kill their runs sometimes. They get momentum and when you kill a timeout it kinda brings it back to even. they might go on another run but it does work to use timeouts to kill runs once in a while. another thing i'll do is switch to a zone. to help defend the middle. sometimes you get killed and have to get out but sometimes it evens things out.

BingoKing91
  20. ckseven

ckseven Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally got a W by beating the Toronto Raptors 91-85. Howard had 26 and 18. Jameer Nelson had 7 pts, 7 boards and 14 assists. Jason Richardson had 24 points. Big Baby had 14 and 10. Had a lead almost throughout. Was leading by 8 after 3 and then they started making their run in the 4th. They trimmed it to 2 a few times, but I kept answering and then they kept having to foul and I had my best FT shooters in there to finish them off.

Would of been nice to have blown out the Raptors and save these kind of games for the big boys in the East, but I will take it.

No Streaming Account