Defensive Gameplay Reveal - NHL 13

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Cromags21, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    I am hoping this all works for the defense. I am also hoping that they tested this with legend cards. They said the samething in NHL12 about hitting and loose puck and once you got your cards it was all gone. I can only remember the loose puck in the demo, not in the actual game.

[video=youtube;eug_qhEy3uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eug_qhEy3uw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

No Streaming Account
  2. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Even in their hand picked clips of defensive plays it shows the puck going straight to a teammate's stick, hehe

No Streaming Account
  3. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I saw this earlier this week. It seems cool but Im more worried about the ability for aplayer to skate backwards out of the corners again with what looks like no penalty in puck control. Its nuts the moves they do.

No Streaming Account
  4. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I agree, everything else in that video looked good to me except for when Vrbata went into a corner forwards and than came out backward.

No Streaming Account
  5. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    it looks good to me, but who knows what it will be like when people have 99's in all their key stats. i hope this online GM mode is nice. i would like to switch up between 6v6 BAP and 6v6 with real players. if the online GM mode is good, maybe in a few years they can have 2 different club types with BAP and with real players.

No Streaming Account
  6. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    99's wont be allowed. They are setting it so stats can't be higher then normal NHL players, or so Ive heard.

No Streaming Account
  7. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Looks good, from what I can see it appears as if they actually are rewarding Dmen for being in position and not allowing fwds to just skate straight to generate chances, should be good.

No Streaming Account
  8. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Clarke - There have been some people who played 13 at the community event who talked a bit about some of the changes. Basically, if a D-man knows how to backskate and maintain the gap on a forward, he will be fine, if you get caught flat footed AT ALL though, you might as well set your controller down. From what I've heard, it sounds like it's going to really expose people who have no business on defense or are playing with the "I wanted a wing!" mentality where they play out of position the whole time, but if you put the time in as I'm sure the league D-men will, you'll be worth your weight in gold.

No Streaming Account
  9. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Good to hear Weenus, thansk for the heads up, im jus happy they are actually rewarding and allowing Dmen to shut it down, in NHl12 you can play perfect position do everything right and continually get scored on on the stupidest of plays.

IF you get FLat footed, you should be penalized by getting blown past, but when your in postion, controlling gap wioth an active stick fwds shouldnt be able to skate right into you and maintain puck control.

As it should be it appears positioning has a new importance.

Thanks again weenus

No Streaming Account
  10. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    that would be nice. right now it doesnt matter if you are in perfect possition or not.

No Streaming Account
  11. ACE 22 QC

ACE 22 QC Burning Thumbs

Ratings:
    +105 / 158 / -315
    This is not good news for OTP or Drop in......

No Streaming Account
  12. worm42x10

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i think it's great news for OTP and drop in for FA d-men looking for clubs. you will be noticed on the ice a lot more then the guy who stakes through everyone and scores 4 a game by just having 99 deking and PC.

No Streaming Account
  13. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Worm, you know they're removing 99 stats, right?

Also, I think a good D-man already stands out enough, because there really are so few of them in OTP/Drop-In (at least on 360). I would say, after almost a year of playing this game obsessively, maybe... 10%-15% of the D-men I've played with in OTP/Drop-Ins have been people who play defense, the rest were people who wanted to play forward but were too slow to get a spot.

For that matter, isn't it funny how someone can get completely owned by 3 other players to forward positions, then they sit in the lobby explaining how amazing they are and how they should play a forward position? If you were really that amazing, you might have the reaction speed to get a forward spot.

No Streaming Account
  14. worm42x10

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    yes they are removing 99's, but if they max say PC at 95 and SC and 95, then it's just as good as having them both at 99's still i think. but the way i have seen the puck bounce i don't think this should be a problem. i like how you can play defense and not go for the hit and if the fwd runs into you, he gets hit anyway. well at least enough to lose speed and maybe bobble the puck. i don't see many people pick defense, since i play so early in the morning. and the ones who do play defense, always chase the puck to my side and don't play their position. so i am suck covering all day long. i just can't wait for something new, this game is kinda stale right now :-D

No Streaming Account
  15. ACE 22 QC

ACE 22 QC Burning Thumbs

Ratings:
    +105 / 158 / -315
    No Streaming Account