NHL 13 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Aug 21, 2012.

1. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    I think that a lot of players/teams are going to be exposed in NHL13 because of how much more effective Goalies and pass interceptions are.

I can't wait to see what happens 6v6, i think we are in for something special this year.

No Streaming Account
  2. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    To me this game 6v6 is going to come down to goalies and penalties. If shooting from good scoring areas is as effective as it appears to be I agree with you. However if it's another year of wrist shots from the top of the circle not being a threat even with traffic I think the EASHL will bottom out by christmas again. At the very least there is hope.

No Streaming Account
  3. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    What I'm finding each time when playing this demo is how much more this game feels like hockey then a video game, I feel as if they have made great strides towards making this game simulate hockey. As Stew said if they keep legitmate wirst shot in the slot as viable scoring chances this is easily going to be the best NHL they have put out yet. If the default to only a few ways to score then it will be the same crap we have had for 3 games.

They are promoting teamplay and passing more and giving Dmen tools to be more effective in shutting fwds down, that should make for great battles in 6vs6

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    No Streaming Account
  4. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    When i get lazy and fall back into the same old forced cross-crease/slapper short side, I'm generally not getting rewarded. That is a gigantic stride forward.

No Streaming Account
  5. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i have been playing locked on as defense, and i find that when i run crash the net or behind the net and let the computer cycle for a few minutes and then they get me the puck and i shoot low for rebounds, we score a lot off of tips and rebounds.

No Streaming Account
  6. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    It's a wait and see game. Remember NHL 12 demo was all about knocking the player off the puck with a little bump. Then the game came out and it wasn't like that at all. Oh you bump or hit a player, but he just got the puck back and skated away lol

So again, I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

I do like some of the things in the demo.

Skate as fast as you like, your not going to make that quick cut or turn anymore.

Gliding seems to be the way to make those quick cuts left to right , right to left

I do see some of the same type goals going in, Not sure if it's just Marty given up the glove side. Quick seem to let 1 in, but after that he save all the same a temps.

Backwards skating is going to be interesting if you ask me. The LT is not backwards skating, not throwing the puck a head. Which could through off some members who are use to getting that burst of speed. I do like the speed burst now, cuz you do not have to do much but press up on the left stick. best thing about it is if you think your going to make the fast cut, your going to glide and kick up some snow

Just wondering if EA tested this with Legend card players. That was the biggest problem in NHL 12 , they tested everything with a rookie card it seemed and when you got your legend those little things they said were in the game were gone.

Again We hope it's a better game lol

No Streaming Account
  7. worm42x10

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i think that is why they did away with 99's. not more 99 PC. like you said before you could bump someone off the puck, but a week into the game they got high PC and it was over. we will see when we actually see how high the caps are, and how much each stat costs. i know most people don't like them but it would be nice to see a grinder/PF work. with better balance/strength/PC maybe there will be a use for them this year. then again maybe it will be about speed-agility/dangling/sniping.

No Streaming Account
  8. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I think not allowing 99 is silly and simple of them. Lower the actual "max" doesn't take away the max attribute number you can achieve but just lowers the number it's "called/named" When they make the game they program the max to a certain level. Calling 99 a 95 doesn't change the fact that it's the highest artificial skill skill level you can achieve and if they don't test it, say, puck control vs poke check they/we will never know how the game reacts at top legend levels until they are reached and played against.

...again, EA is a master at smoke and mirrors when it comes to this stuff.

9. I3igFoote

I3igFoote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I believe that they made it so each style is different. So playmaker can have 99 PC but PFs can only have 90

No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Yes, so now it becomes like '09 where people will find the best "dangler" player type and every decent player will use the same, except this time defense will be handicapped for not being able to use it. I doubt EA will get it right where each player type will be just as effective in their own way compared to one build working leaps and bounds above the rest, leaving most player types useless or for the casual player.

11. I3igFoote

I3igFoote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Ultimatly its just like any other video game. People are going to find the loop holes and exploit them.

No Streaming Account
  12. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    They've also made changes that overhaul the system a bit where you now start at 65 for all attributes and the upgrade costs for each attribute are dependent on your player type. I'm not going to pretend like this is the year where all player types are reasonably viable, but they have at least made an attempt to add some diversity.

No Streaming Account
  13. worm42x10

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i have never used a dangler build on defense. the only think i used before they allowed us to was the TWF because he was by far better then the TWD back then. but as far as going with a dangler on defense i never went that way, and if i had the option i never will. i don't think every "decent" player will be useing the same build. this whole year i have been useing tough guy and everyone says that build is the worst for defense.

No Streaming Account