damn dint get drafted this season

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by john smokey, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john smokey

john smokey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    definitely could have helped a team out in net but will see what happens next season

good luck guys

No Streaming Account
  2. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Dont have to wait till next season....we have an active CHL coming and teams can call players up and send them down.

Keep active an earn an NHL roster spot!

3. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    [​IMG]

MainEvennt
  4. kittenfarmer

kittenfarmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Don't feel bad there are a few of us scratching our heads...

No Streaming Account
  5. Kushwing1

Kushwing1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn right! =(

No Streaming Account
  6. tpblue

tpblue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    Congrats and good luck to everyone hope you all have a successful season!!!

No Streaming Account
  7. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    don't hang your heads, if we could drafted one more player each, alot of you woulda been picked. hang in there, you could be called up before you know it.

kastornpollux
  8. i4mb3c0m3d34th

i4mb3c0m3d34th I AM BECOME DEATH

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Kastor the motivator!

No Streaming Account
  9. bevstrong72

bevstrong72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -2
    I started in the AHL last year and got called up. Hoping the same thing will happen this year.

No Streaming Account
  10. HAIRYBISON

HAIRYBISON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 17 / -3
    congrats as well to all those who were drafted......to those of us who weren't.......it sucks...lol. Oh well....maybe next time.

No Streaming Account
  11. oO BLaCK Oo

oO BLaCK Oo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -1
    Dont worry guys, a lot of people thast get draft never show so youll get promoted fast enough.

No Streaming Account
  12. DemFranchise

DemFranchise Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Looking Forward to starting back in the AHL haven't been there since I joined LG back in S2.

No Streaming Account
  13. LuckyHound

LuckyHound Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LuckyHound#3534
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    This is kinda irritating, all these players in the NHL keep saying the AHL is going to be so good this year, but as someone who played AHL last year, i promise you it will be a mess. Nice ideas, but once again no one is going to show up to play. Not to mention the rules clearly stated 12 rounds, but it dropped to 11 (because owner were to lazy for another round?). Then the cherry on top is all these VHL players who signed up right before the draft and didnt have to scout a single game because they are friends with owners, so pretty much someone like me who played AHL last season and 17 scouting games before draft didnt get picked. Im not saying im amazing or anything, but pretty sure im better then some of the people who got drafted because they are in the clique. Im pretty sure i could take a team of undrafted players and beat half these teams easily. But its ok, the AHL is going to be great! BS

No Streaming Account
  14. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Let me help explain by breaking down your points.

"all these players in the NHL keep saying the AHL is going to be so good this year, but as someone who played AHL last year, i promise you it will be a mess. Nice ideas, but once again no one is going to show up to play."

I also played in the AHL last year. It was a complete mess. The reason for that is because it meant nothing. It was just a place to hold players who signed up late and sort of get their name out there. This year it is going to be competitive & strong. There are some good players who did not get drafted and will be in the AHL. People will show up to play because of the reasons I stated above. It is a organized league now. There will be a set schedule and playoffs and a championship. And the biggest reason is simply to prove people wrong. You didn't get drafted, well go play in the AHL and dominate the competition and prove to others why you should of been drafted and get called up to the NHL.

"Not to mention the rules clearly stated 12 rounds, but it dropped to 11 (because owner were to lazy for another round?)."

I think the reason for that is they want to have an open roster spot for players who were not drafted and are going to be in the AHL. So this way they do not have to send down a player from the NHL right away. They have 1 open roster spot if a team has a need they feel they should address after the draft and prior to the season then as they see fit they can call someone up. It certainly was not because "they were too lazy for another round".

"Then the cherry on top is all these VHL players who signed up right before the draft and didnt have to scout a single game because they are friends with owners"

This I somewhat agree with. A lot of VHL players coming over for many different reasons however on the flip side it does say in the scouting the following.

"Acceptable scouting techniques:

• Playing in a planned/schedule scouting game (1 or more)
    • Having played with or against a person on a regular bases in another league
    • Have played with or against a player regularly in club or other EASHL situation such as OTP"

I do not agree 100% with the 2nd & 3rd but they are clearly posted as the rules in which scouting is able.

"so pretty much someone like me who played AHL last season and 17 scouting games before draft didnt get picked. Im not saying im amazing or anything, but pretty sure im better then some of the people who got drafted because they are in the clique."

The clique thing is more than just this game. It is in real life. I do not operate on a clique type deal as I am new to the league also. But people draft friends because they are well in fact friends. It can be a positive & a negative. If you are better than some of the people who got drafted then prove it. Play in the AHL and dominate and get called up. Like I said above, that is what the AHL is for. And you will get your fair share of opportunity to be called up should you perform well in the AHL.

"Im pretty sure i could take a team of undrafted players and beat half these teams easily. But its ok, the AHL is going to be great! BS"

I don't know many people in the league that well but I can still say this is an extremely bold statement. I think you just need to relax a bit and realize that it isn't because you weren't in a clique that you weren't drafted. And like I have stated above, go in the AHL and show teams why they should of drafted you. It's all in your hands now.

Hope this helps out and maybe I'll see you in the NHL sometime this season.

HGP

No Streaming Account
  15. mikeysanman1

mikeysanman1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    "Acceptable scouting techniques:

• Playing in a planned/schedule scouting game (1 or more)
    • Having played with or against a person on a regular bases in another league
    • Have played with or against a player regularly in club or other EASHL situation such as OTP"

my question is why did guys have to scout for 8 owners that were alrdy here????

No Streaming Account
  16. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    I am not sure I get your question mikey? But hang tight, you will be in the NHL before week 2 I am pretty sure...

Maverik19
  17. i4mb3c0m3d34th

i4mb3c0m3d34th I AM BECOME DEATH

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    These rules for people who needed to earn their "pro" status (aka to be ELIGIBLE for the NHL draft) -- a lot of guys who were eligible didn't get drafted (i know all too well about that ;) ). It was required that guys scout with at least 8 owners to get put onto the draft board if they didn't play at least 12 games in S14. What you posted was what qualified as "scouting."

No Streaming Account
  18. floydo21

floydo21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guarantee we could throw a team or 2 together and prove everybody wrong whatever ahl it is

No Streaming Account
  19. Ip a r a Id o x

Ip a r a Id o x IP A R A ID O X

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is my first year with LG and I got drafted? I scouted maybe 12 games with 11 different owners/gm's and I got drafted? I didn't know any of the owners/gm's and maybe only knew about 20 actual people in the league and still got drafted? Stop bitching, if you're as good as you say you are you'll be in the NHL in no time anyways.

No Streaming Account
  20. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    I doubt that. lol

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.