CHL Information

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ichibani, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ichibani

Ichibani Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -1
    (Please sticky)
    Summary
    This season, league owners and staff agreed on 20 NHL teams to maximize involvement in the NHL while still keeping it competitive.
    To give everyone who didn't make it in the NHL a chance to play and prove themselves, we will be running a CHL league this season.

We chose to call it the the CHL because -- like the real life CHL and unlike the AHL -- CHL teams will not be directly affiliated with NHL organizations.
    Instead -- like in the real CHL -- each player's NHL callup rights will be owned by a single NHL franchise, regardless of which CHL team they play for.
    This system allows us to meet NHL callup needs while providing a structured and properly sized league for remaining players.

More details and complete rules regarding the CHL will be released soon.

Details
    • The CHL will be a 10 team league independent of the NHL but built on the same technology. (Number of teams to be finalized)
    • Each CHL player will be affiliated with a single NHL team who can use him as an ECU or, if he has earned "Pro" status through scouting or games played, as a permanent callup.
    • An NHL Rights draft (date TBD, soon) will be held to claim the rights of "Pro" (scouting completed) players who were not selected in the draft.
    • "Rookie" players, including late signups and those who did not complete scouting, will have their NHL rights randomly assigned.
    • All CHL players will be randomly assigned to a CHL team (there will be no CHL Draft)
    • Players will be allowed to play any position in CHL games, but are only eligible to play their primary position if permanently called up to the NHL.

CHL Management
    CHL teams are independently owned and operated.
    Each team's CHL owner:
    • Has no NHL ownership above him
    • Selects his CHL franchise / jerseys.
    • Has full control over the team's roster (trades, blacklists, etc) and is responsible for his team attending games.
    • Will be working with a roster of at least 12 players
    • Will be very favorably considered for NHL management in future seasons (after a successful stint in the CHL).
    • Have management duties similar to NHL management but also need to be able to accommodate occasional ECU callups.

If you are interested in being a CHL owner, please either forum PM me or reply to this thread indicating your interest.

Feel free to post any questions or comments.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  2. tpblue

tpblue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    So now you have a concept, what do you figure time wise to get it off the ground? Week 6,7 or season 16?

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    The NHL owners will draft the remaining eligable draftee's tonight or tomorrow, all others will be randomly assigned.

Then we need to fill the ownership positions for these "CHL" clubs (If anyone is interested, please let us know), Then we fill the CHL teams up, create a schedule and go.

4. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Its awesome that the number of teams doesn't necessarily have to be set at a particular number with this system.

Im praying that it will be a functional league. Fact is some good guys will be spending the entire season there.

No Streaming Account
  5. Ichibani

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -1
    I typoed a number and kept the information here preliminary so people know what is going on. Oy vey.

No Streaming Account
  6. rapiidxslopyjoe

rapiidxslopyjoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Smart

No Streaming Account
  7. SPLIFNRUM

SPLIFNRUM Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SPLIFF N RUM#2351
    Ratings:
    +43 / 10 / -14
    your system is completely idiotic what the hell are you doing?
    y dont you just put 8 people on the nhl lvl and make an ahl lvl i dont understand what you are doing and the way it sounds to me is like its going to be a complete fail but do what you do

No Streaming Account
  8. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    Its actually a really cool concept and will allow CHL Owners to trade players whenever they want and not have to get the okay from the nhl owners. Players won't be competing with CHL teammates for a spot at the nhl level but competing against players on the other team that have the same nhl rights.

If everything works out as planned, this sets LG apart from other leagues...again.

P.S. To call the system "completely idiotic" is completely idiotic...did you see what I did there?

Scheckel29
  9. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I also like the system. I hope they make sure the CHL owners are solid scouts too, could build good relationships with various NHL level owners like the real farm system, let them know who's ready to get moved up and all that. Could build a really cool infrastructure into the league.

No Streaming Account
  10. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    Sooooo there was a CHL draft? Is it some sort of secret or did I go undrafted again lol?

No Streaming Account
  11. DemFranchise

DemFranchise Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Its ongoing right now. For about 2 days now, it is moving extremely slow. If your are draft eligible you should not go undrafted. Also if you click on live draft results you can see whose pick it is.

No Streaming Account
  12. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    Thanks for the info. Quite depressing for me though. There can't be many of us left on the playground. I must be the last resort type.

No Streaming Account
  13. DemFranchise

DemFranchise Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey me too man just have to prove everyone wrong.

No Streaming Account
  14. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Draft pool had something like 400 people in it. They drafted just over 200 players in the NHL draft, and they're at 248 now.

It has been going brutally slow though, I think there were like 3 picks in the last 6 or so hours and one of them has since been removed, but this isn't like a traditional draft, I think GM's are just putting in their picks at their leisure.

No Streaming Account
  15. Ichibani

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -1
    Again: Please let us know if you're interested in managing!

No Streaming Account
  16. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Do you guys know what the CHL match days and times will be yet?

No Streaming Account
  17. imadinosaurr0ar

imadinosaurr0ar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -4
    An intriguing idea, but not without it's issues. I see this from a management perspective because I've done that most of my time in 6v6 leagues. I think the idea of a CHL team that you can run with no authority above you is a great idea. It should make those CHL management positions more desirable. ECUs are an issue. Take the process for that "other league."

I think a guy isn't going to make it, I contact my AHL GM. He takes a look at his guys that aren't playing and having seen them all play extensively gives me the best option available.

Without that AHL GM, you lose that perspective on who is playing well right now, as well as having to hunt down multiple players for an ECU.

Having said that, I think that in a league this size this CHL should work. It's not a completely original idea, because I've heard it before. LG just has the balls to actually implement it. If it pans out, this could be a big win for LG and provide a really competitive secondary league.

ImaDinoROAR
  18. bevstrong72

bevstrong72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -2
    How was i drafted by the Rangers and then they changed there mind and I am not drafted anymore?

No Streaming Account
  19. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    The Rangers and the Blues both 'Illegally' drafted 2 D-men before other teams drafted 1 D-man...Blues situation is a little different since we lost a D-man (we were able to keep our 2nd D-man, and forfeit our 3rd round pick). Rangers had to put you back and forfeit their 2nd round pick.

No Streaming Account
  20. bevstrong72

bevstrong72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -2
    Thank you

No Streaming Account