Do wraparounds have a place in LG?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by NKG HD, May 21, 2013.

?

Should the wraparound rule be taken out?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. atomicstorm13

atomicstorm13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    That's the Bruins strategy :p

No Streaming Account
  2. SPLIFNRUM

SPLIFNRUM Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SPLIFF N RUM#2351
    Ratings:
    +43 / 10 / -14
    only pussys wrap i think anyone that wants this is LG should be punched in the face and kicked out quit being pussys play real hockey

No Streaming Account
  3. Freddy Couples

Freddy Couples Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    Plain and simple, if you can't stop the wrap it's a combination of two things...

1) You're bad.

2) You're blind.

No Streaming Account
  4. Odieeeeee

Odieeeeee mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discord:
    Odie#7453
    Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38 / -69
    Tell 'em!

OdieNHL
  5. Soccerjrc26

Soccerjrc26 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The league has done fine without wraps, I don't see the point of changing anything. I get where everyone is coming from on their opinions, but the overall fact is EA leaves glitches in the wraps. You guys already know how un realistic regular play is sometimes with amazing poke checks/ good poke checks that put you in the penalty box, how the A button gets a penalty a lot of the time unless you are a master at it, how goalie/skater animations can screw up a certain rush or cause a downfall the other way. There is so much other stuff that is still glitchy, but it is allowed because it can't be helped in reality. The league has gone fine so far and wraps will just be another reason for many people to have something else to complain about. I'm pretty sure Ozzy mentioned that in one of his posts, he had a lot. The majority who will want it anyways is forwards who want to do it, or defenseman/goalies that know they have forwards that can do it or know they can stop it. Everyone isn't the same skill level or this would be a boring ass league.

No Streaming Account
  6. DK Don Cherry

DK Don Cherry Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Allow wraps. Silly noob-friendly rule.

dk_doncherry
  7. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    So the argument is, "it wouldn't be fair to the bad players of the league"?

No Streaming Account
  8. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    There are some valid arguments here, but tons of guys coming over saying : "You don't want it because you suck!!|!II!". That's as stupid an argument as you can come up with. Yes, there are terrible players in the league, it's a league, just like the NHL has their terrible players.

Because you don't agree with a move that is in the game does not necessarily means you are a terrible player. I find the wrap to be terribly glitchy and not realistic (when used excessively, like what would happen here if we pull the rule). It's done in real life alright... once every 100 games played.

Anyway, it ain't going to happen this season, but seeing by what the majority seems to be saying, we will have a strong argument to consider it in the off-season, no matter what I think about it.

Maverik19
  9. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Alright guys lets "WRAP" it up with the attacks. No point in "wrapping" your argument in insults. We should be "rolling up" together to find a solution.

That's a "WRAP"

Close thread

WRAP.

No Streaming Account
  10. Soccerjrc26

Soccerjrc26 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    How bout you read everything I have stated thus far before you run your mouth. I didn't say anything about player's being bad. I said skill wise everyone's at a different level. No matter how good you are at defense though, forwards will exploit the wrap if it's allowed. So guess if the top defense are getting beat, then yes the weaker defense would. It only makes sense I guess. You could be the best defense man in the world and the wrap can get by you, even if your in position. How many times have you seen pucks go through a player when it clearly should have been blocked? I see it at least once a game. Maybe not every game, but it happens often. The wrap has never been legit since OTP was big in 09. They have made improvements, but it still isn't a legit type of goal sometime. The arguments can go back and forth forever. It seems at this point the rule won't change anyways.

Like maverick just stated, it seems like a lot of people who want the wrap have a simple reason like everyone else sucks or are noobs. If it isn't going to change anyways though what is the point of all of us bickering and arguing anyways?

No Streaming Account
  11. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    [video=youtube;9n46CtDmKOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n46CtDmKOg[/video]

No Streaming Account
  12. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    Except that's exactly what was said. There have been many goalies and defensemen who have stated how they've had no problems dealing with wraps and it's simply a part of the game. If the wrap starts being exploited like everyone is worrying about, shouldn't that be an issue that is addressed when the time comes rather than just shooting down an idea or change that the vast majority of the league is calling for because people are worried about a technicality?

"If it isn't going to change anyways though what is the point of all of us bickering and arguing anyways?"

This bugs me. It bugs me that even when the vast majority of the league is looking for change, we're just expected to brush it off and say "oh well". I have no doubts that this will be discussed going forward and into next season, but I hate that we've gotten to the point where we almost expect the league to not listen to the thoughts of others. And people have brought up many legitimate and logical points as to why the rule should be abolished. It isn't just that other people "suck".

At the end of the day, you're right. There won't be any changes immediately. But I certainly hope this gets the attention of the league and changes are made going into next season.

No Streaming Account
  13. Frog KnightG

Frog KnightG Ser Glenn

Discord:
    ser_glenn#0
    Ratings:
    +356 / 12 / -51
    Soccer, everything you say is about 10 paragraphs long, noones reading that. Anyway.... wraps are a part of hockey, plain old vanilla wraps should be allowed in any league, it's a less skilled dmans blunder if it gets to the goalie and in the net. From looking at all the dmen who have voted and posted it seems unanimous that this is a league full of skilled dmen that are upto the task of basic defending. I vote yes, no animation wraps but normal straight in wraps are good.

No Streaming Account
  14. Tanny94

Tanny94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Wraps don't happen in real hockey? Ok.

No Streaming Account
  15. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    This was Broke's point, this is a legal move.

People are complaining and say "if you can't stop them you are bad"..Lets all be honest here, It's a full animation that EA does for you. I think this would technically prove that the game assist the player using it so in reality, those who use it are bad and this is their crutch. Brokeudown put a video of a manual wrap (legal). I advise all who use the argument that bad players can't defend it need to take their own advise and get good and using the controls and stop letting the game carry you. :)

16. Crapula

Crapula Go Sharks

Discord:
    crapula.eth#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's like saying people who use high offensive awareness are bad and should learn how to play the game with 65 owr. High offensive awareness will correct your aim to the open area and will literally redirect the puck mid flight to sneak past the goalie. Ban offensive awareness.

What about that quick tap one timer or the big one timer? Hold LT and hold up on the right stick, you might get one of three animations that EA chooses. Ban one timers.

Batted puck goals should not be allowed, you don't even have to do anything and the game will do it for you.

Ban deflections as well, it's automated based on hand-eye attributes.

No shot blocking either, automated.

No poke checking because the game will do it for you in certain situations even with low stick checking and defensive awareness.

No Streaming Account
  17. A Slanted Neck

A Slanted Neck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    i got an idea, we all know that nothing is going to change right now, so why don't drop the subject for now and just bump the thread every so often throughout the season to keep it in the back of everyone's head while we focus on the remaining of the season :)

No Streaming Account
  18. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    Goalies being on the complete opposite side of the net making incredible saves is also a full animation that EA does for you. Therefore, all goalies need to get good and stop letting the game carry you.

OZZY'S WORDS NOT MINE. :p

MainEvennt
  19. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Although you are somewhat correct, you're being a little simple here. Most of them are automatic based on attributes and that is why people get to build their player type for what they prefer as a player. It's also like saying "don't push any buttons" to shoot or pass, you have to physically reach inside your TV to play.

As with the wrap around is a full animation that moves you from various places and takes aver your player completely executing the move. Just like in those basketball games where they had "signature" moves.
    This falls under the above too. The goalie has to "play the game" by using the controls. (I hate those desperation saves too, way high of a % put in by EA)

There's nothing wrong with having an open discussion about it now. It's not good to wait until new rules come out and then have it debated and/or lobby to change it then.

20. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    If you want real hockey, go outside-Rem Mf Doggy

gethesehands69