Do wraparounds have a place in LG?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by NKG HD, May 21, 2013.

?

Should the wraparound rule be taken out?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wallywallabe

Wallywallabe Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wallywallabee#8870
    Ratings:
    +86 / 4 / -6
    In summary, the rule restricts creativity.

No Streaming Account
  2. Freddy Couples

Freddy Couples Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    If you didn't scroll up and check AO's post to see who thanked it, I thought I would be helpful and point out that I thanked the shit out of that post. I wish he would've posted it more than once so I could thank it again and again.

No Streaming Account
  3. nooo its YETI

nooo its YETI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    no need to be an ass man.. just peoples opinion.. i want it to be more defensive yes but also dont want the forwards having an easy way to score.. i hope it makes you forwards play better defense honestly because right now most forwards i see are junk on defense and refuse to play their position probably unless they are on offense.. basically they say let our D (only 2 remember) go against the 5 in the zone by themselves and be ready for a breakout but say YOU BLOW!! HOW DID YOU LET A 4v2 go in on you or a 3v1 breakaway get passed you.. oo idk because i cant cover three peoples position only mine.

No Streaming Account
  4. Crapula

Crapula Go Sharks

Discord:
    crapula.eth#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Everything is animated in this game. That's a very odd argument.

It would be great if there was button control for the two animation wrap around shots, then I could go for wrap arounds at center ice.

Pucks go through everything; skates, sticks, gloves, pads... should we disallow goals if there was stick clipping or a puck through a skate before a goal?

No Streaming Account
  5. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Haha, didnt expect to be the first guy to get called out for being ass in this thread.

No Streaming Account
  6. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    How does you playing with bad players affect the wraparound question? If someone can wrap 100 times a game like you're saying, then play better defense you're exaggerating so many things in your posts.

I don't care if this rule is changed or not I hardly ever wrap, but it shouldn't be in the league in my opinion.

MainEvennt
  7. nooo its YETI

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hahah <3 crapula i see what you are saying but you know what i mean hence why i put animated in qoutes when referring to the wrap because it isnt you doing the actual wrap it is the AI, but passes shooting hitting etc is controlled by you.. where that specific wrap is just holding up on the thumbstick right as you hit on side of the net to do the wrap.. all i am saying..

No Streaming Account
  8. bakes30

bakes30 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    If you guys can wrap pucks with the animation then goalies should be allowed to glg because all u have to do to score is shoot high and if u can't do that it's ur own fault. Just like d not being able to cover the wrap around according to u guys that their fault.

No Streaming Account
  9. Crapula

Crapula Go Sharks

Discord:
    crapula.eth#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    How else would they implement the wrap around? It's contextually based like tie ups in front of the net. Push the right stick and you tie them up, there is no control over body position and the stick.

No Streaming Account
  10. nooo its YETI

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    okay read the whole quote before you reply to trying to bash my style.. it isnt just my team it is all teams man.. A defense man CAN NOT COVER FOR FUCKING FORWARDS ON D!! i cant cover point, high slot, mid slot, behind the net and every goddam spot on the ice.. thats why i said i want to see wraps.. soo please read all.. and I am not exaggerating anything never said 100 times but did say they will abuse it and try to do it more then it would truly be done in a real scenario.. you might be a good forward who plays D but not many do..

if people just played the game by the rules set and stopped bitching because they lost or instead of owning up to playing like shit they blame other people this thread would have never came about.. like someone said earlier this isnt VHL or OAHL, SHL, etc this is LG. It is to give a realistic style of hockey play instead of EA hockey play. It forces you to actually pass the puck work it in the zone and use your teammates instead of diving in the zone, self board play to avoid a hit because you are a poon or don't know how to do a quick pass to your teammate to keep the play moving or the stupid "ANIMATED"(not doing it yourself) wrap around. I see more real hockey here then any other league.. people actually dump it the zone and work the puck in deep instead of just sprinting from one end to the other without ever passing(even though people do puck hog still) but regardless if you cant score any other way besides a wrap then thats your fault and if you choose to play forward cant play your position(both sides of the ice) then leave the league. I would rather see low scoring games because of the wrap allowed but only if it is allowed to be done by the player and not using the "animation" look it up on youtube on how to do a wrap the right way and the pussy way and you will see it can be done.. its not hard to do it on your own.. just do not force it.

BUT NEVER PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!! I KNOW WHAT I SAID AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING NHL LONGER THEN MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS ROOM AND HAVE SEEN ITS UPS AND DOWNS AND THE "ANIMATED" WRAP AROUND IS THE WORST THING THEY PUT IN! BUT A PLAYER WRAP IS A GREAT AND USEFUL TOOL IF NOT DONE THE BITCH WAY!

No Streaming Account
  11. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    hqdefault.jpg .....

No Streaming Account
  12. nooo its YETI

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    you shouldn't have to implement it.. that is what the new movement caliber is for so you can skate backwards anywhere on the ice.. if you are coming down the ice right before you get behind the net turn yourself by using LT to get in a quick backwards skate and right as you get near the opposite side take a quick step up and shoot.. i mean how hard is that.. it make the defense play tighter to the goalie and is still considered a wrap around but you did it.. not the program that was writting for it... if you have played goalie enough you know some of the ~*~* shit that comes from the animated wrap..you pads somehow become invisble and pucks go through a foot thick pad and (not all the time) when going from one post to another you either spin in a circle or you go into the net like your camping and then the pad morphs with the post.. that wouldnt happen EVER! thats why i do not think animated wraps should be allowed but a normal user wrap is fine.. just watch a video on how to do it and youll be fine.. really it is no hard but you all make it seem like it is a complex thing to do a wrap yourself instead of holding up.. and yes you may hold up to post in front of the net but that is only to initiate it you have to move yourself to work into a better position,, where AGAIN the wrap is just hold up on the right thumbstick and it does the rest for you, just hope you didnt do it a inch to soon otherwise you miss by a cm the other times you will always hit the net and NO WAY you will alway hit the net on a wrap in hockey every time you try.

No Streaming Account
  13. Crapula

Crapula Go Sharks

Discord:
    crapula.eth#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It has been in the game for at least 6 years.

No Streaming Account
  14. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    In a "real scenario" the player would wrap it every time if it was open. The reason you don't see it much in the NHL is because dmen aren't idiots and will prevent the option from even presenting itself nearly every time.

We've noticed...

If people aren't competent enough to stop a wrap-around (unnecessary remarks)

WORSE THAN THE PAUSE GLITCH? WORSE THAN THE 99 OVERALL GLITCH? WORSE THAN THE EXTRA 500 XP GLITCH? WORSE THAN THE SLAP-PASS DEFLECTION GOAL? WORSE THAN THE CURVESHOT?

It's a video game, my man. Using an animation exactly as it was intended to be used isn't a "bitch way."

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  15. TheMainEvent

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    My point being you think you have to cover for all your forwards, and cover "point, high slot, mid slot, behind the net, etc." you are playing with shitty players, because in club or league games I have never once had to do that when playing defense. If forwards have free reign behind the net over and over, you are playing poor defense no matter who on the ice you think deserves the blame for that.

Again, I don't care about this rule because I never wrap but not being able to have that option if given a golden opportunity behind the net is a crutch for both the goalie and defense.

MainEvennt
  16. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    of course I've seen other players do creative wrap trickery behind the net. I was just giving an example of a respected player who routinely and realistically abused goalies with poor post discipline. The main reason it isn't seen more in the nhl is the same reason that it isn't done in EASHL club. Goalies in the NHL and high end club don't get fooled by simply going back and forth.

Your second point is a little misguided. When I say that a defenseman and goalie don't have to worry about a guy coming out of the office, I mean as a shooter. When I defend in this league, I can play defense without needing to attack the puck carrier. I just lock down his passing options. I can afford to let a player with the puck have a lane to the net knowing that the rules protect me from having to stop him. I can tell you as a dman in this league that I actively do this very technique. Also, goalies can abusr this even further by not covering their posts when players are behind the net. Not being on the post gives the goalie a huge advantage on cross crease plays and any form of one timed pass, as they minimize their movements by already being in an advantageous position.

When goalies bounce back from post to post, they routinely do spins and their positioning becomes horrid. This is clearly poor programming, but it certainly is understandable. if I'm flying from post to post in real life, I'm going to be wild and out of position. The glitch nature of bouncing from post to post stimulates the desperation and scrambling that a real goalie would have if he tried to do that. So in my humble opinion, if you're bouncing too quickly from post to post, you are failing as a goaltender and should be punished for a goal. If you play wrap arounds like an nhl goalie would, you won't get those animations. A real goalie gets to the center of the net in situations where a player sets up behind him. You can employ a similar technique in this game by being in butterfly and waiting for the player to commit, and picking that post when he does. (Just as an aside, I hope every goalie knows that the forehand wrap is nigh impossible and that every wrapper is*working to go backhand)

I obviously don't see the wrap as abusive as you do, which is each our opinion. One thing I must question is how much you see it used. I might see 2 wrap attempts a week in vhl, where there is no wrap rule. I have never seen it used as a primary scoring strategy, as you seem to be implying. I would more readily categorize it as secondary or perhaps tertiary method of goal scoring. I think of it more as a failsafe to guard against players not respecting the player with the puck. Anyone employing this technique as the basis of their offense is doomed to fail. I can understand the frustration of feeling that you couldn't have done anything better and that the game failed you, but that is an aspect of playing a virtual hockey SIM and is inherent in every aspect of the game. When I'm on offense and there is a crazy behind the back poke orI get half tripped, it is equally frustrating. When I'm on defense and the puck goes through my stick or someone walks through my hit, it is frustrating. These are just thingsthat happen in a poorly made game. We should persevere through these faults and try to have a league that best emulates hockey. The spirit of hockey is tainted when players dont have to respect the wrap. We should attempt the adhere to the spirit of hockey, despite the occasional disappointment and frustration that will bring.

For a bit of transparency, I cannot wrap or score from wraps. probably 5 wrap goals all time. It is a skill that takes talent and it is not a talent I possess.

Ayohhhh
  17. nooo its YETI

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    umm slap pass deflection goal actual happens in real hockey, curveshot.. idk what your talking about never seen that but then again i dont play against people who glitch because we do not need to use that shit to score.. if you really need this wrap around THAT BAD!! then you must be horrible.. if you cant work it in the zone and get people out of position then you my friend should most likely just jump off a cliff.. but then again a forward passing OMG!! who would have fucking thought!! i mean what is a team sport with passing!! idk an actual team sport.. but nooo!! all you fucking forwards want to do is hold on to the puck do gay glitch goals and animated wraps instead of work the puck and pass it around and use all apsects of hockey and not just one move or shot everytime.. it boggles my mind how every forward is the first to bitch when they loose or if a goal is given up but refuse to fall back and play d, but as soon as they get ONE FUCKING GOAL they are an ALL Star and the best player alive and if it wasnt for them the team would be crap... but it has nothing to do with a great breakout pass or team play fro everyone else..

THE LAST THING I WILL SAY AND I WILL NOT RETURN TO THIS THREAD:
    If you don't like the rules that were set up at the beginning of the season the fucking leave! No offense to the commisioner personally but grow a pair and stand by the rules you made. You made them for a reason but they keep changing. If you keep letting people convince you to change the rules then this is what will become of the league.. it will be everyone bitching in the threads just like this..just like i am. I joined because of the rules.. there was no gay playstyle allowed you played actual hockey YES A WRAP IS REAL!! but not loosing one inch of momentum while doing so is a joke you loose momentum drastically when trying to do a wrap around in real life. And yes I know how to stop them always have been but when i check someone in mid wrap with a 97 checking and they glide through me like i was a ghost is when i call it BS. I know it is a video game but doesnt mean that your suppose to find all the easy ways to score and look for the holes in the game.. if you want to do that go to Playstation where all the moders and glitch scorers belong.. play the game they way us programmers intended the game to be played.. the glitches arent but in on purpose they are flaws in the code sequence and all you jabronis have to ruin it by finding them and exploiting them.. watch a fucking game of hockey and see how they play and try it in this game and you will score 3x more goals then you did with glitches..

Have fun with your season and I hope when you see me you try your fancy dangles and BS wraps because it is only gonna make you look stupid when I knock you on your ass SOOO PLEASE PLEASE ALLOW WRAPS JUST SOO THESE FORWARDS SEE HOW MUCH A SLAP IN A FACE TO DMEN THIS ARTICLE IS WHILE WE ALL KNOCK YOU ASSES TO THE ICE!

TO ALL DMEN OUT THERE.. TAKE NO OFFENSE TO ANYTHING I SAID YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT MOST FORWARDS A PRE-MADONNAS AND WONT PLAY THEIR POSITION CORRECTLY UNLESS IT IS IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE.. AND PLEASE MAKE THESE FORWARDS LOOK LIKE FOOLS FROM HERE ON OUT SO THEY REALIZE IT ISNT JUST THEM WHO HELPS WIN GAMES.. IT TAKES OFFENSE TO WIN BUT DEFENSE TO GET CHAMPIONSHIPS.

No Streaming Account
  18. Crapula

Crapula Go Sharks

Discord:
    crapula.eth#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Curve shot was in 09.

You don't play against people who glitch because you don't need that score? That makes no sense.

I'm sure the commish and LO's can differentiate between people having a discussion and people crying.

No Streaming Account
  19. TheMainEvent

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    Your 4-7-1 record in the CHL really needs to bring you back down to reality on your shutdown defense.

All you're doing is attacking people instead of have any meaningful conversation. Because people want the wraparound to be put into the league, that means they have no "team" attitude, can't cycle the puck, and can only glitch to play the game? You're so against forwards, it makes me think you just got out of a bad online relationship, and for that I'm sorry. The forwards who don't play defense will never be considered good players, unless your name is kwlkr then people will consider you good even though you play at center ice the whole game but this discussion is for another day. Nothing you have said pertains to the wrap being allowed, it isn't a "glitch" and it isn't something that takes away from the team game whatsoever.

And for the record, it is prima donna. Pre-Madonna was a demo album released by Madonna in the 90's.

MainEvennt
  20. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    seriously question here. Is geraldgreen8 nooo its yeti. All I am seeing is him bitching "I'm bad everyone exploits everything even though people do that in real hockey".

No Streaming Account