R.i.p. Lg

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by HansonBros91, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HansonX91

HansonX91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -3
    Shame, This site will never succeed with Ozzy in charge, Regardless of how he is now or how he is going to change or wants to not be a complete dick, the top players don't respect him and this league and site is crippled because of it. I mean, Browness, Alexei Kovalev, Illude? bad bad BAD. There is one team of NHL VHL Talent here if we pooled every top player together. And until you get those top players, This site will be a shit show..

Forfeit in the playoffs, What a joke

aimbothanson
  2. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    Nobody takes you seriously as a player or owner. Your the joke of this league, plain and simple... Run away and go hide behind the VHL.

No Streaming Account
  3. I3igFoote

I3igFoote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    All I'm hearing is a lot of crying because u can't follow rules. U won't be missed

No Streaming Account
  4. AlexeiKovalev27

AlexeiKovalev27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +980 / 21 / -38
    No Streaming Account
  5. mikeysanman1

mikeysanman1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    funny thing is that he still has access to the site???

No Streaming Account
  6. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    I can't tell if he considers himself vhl talent or not. cuz everytime NFS matches up against his club(who also has feed me more), they always back out, which has been like 6 times lol. if he thinks lg is run like a shit show, what does he think of his management skills, only needing to handle 13 players. cuz his team was run like it had been built and handled by an infant operating a dump truck.

kastornpollux
  7. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    They back out because they don't think you guys are worth their time. Because they just have so little of it.

I like the dump truck analogy.

bearditv
  8. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    thats aight, the one time they did play, we beat em lol

kastornpollux
  9. mikeysanman1

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Hanson,
    1st, you're a joke. Those top players you think you are a part of laugh and make fun of you.

You, your attitude and how you couldn't follow rules or run your team proved everyone right and the league wrong for giving you a chance. When are you going to grow up and man up?
    Yeah, I agree...you think someone would be able to follow simple rules and run a team right instead of trying to win at all cost, because lets face it, he's a "top player" and shouldn't have to cheat the system to win.....unless he's not what he thinks he is.

So now that you're an expert on leagues lets look at some facts...
    - I was very busy this past season with personal life, if I was "in charge"(being able to do all my league duties, you would have been replaced as owner and a lot of shit would have never went on as long as it did.
    - These same "top players" came to the VHL and said the same things you and others are saying when the VHL was starting and everyone was here at LG. Déjà vu?
    - cromags & I help build the foundation of the VHL and my time there got the player base up to 700+. The biggest hurdle in league is breaking the 500 player mark, how many leagues do you know that have done that? After that it's cake work because active volume does the work for you.
    - cromags was probably a big driving force to push the league even bigger. I know for a fact that VHL has only survived on cruise control after cromags and Frost left just because of the community size is enough to sustain the stale site.
    - VHL, has done nothing to evolve even with a "programmer" as part of the admin team. They have to steal ideas from lessor sites/leagues because they aren't creative. This also proves they were and are only surviving off of shear player volume.
    - A lot of players, including "top players" don't like the league an only play there because it's the only place big enough to get active quality 6's and sheep always flock in herds. Hence the reason why some of them are here exploring other options.

Bottom line here is that you and your opinion have no weight, you know little about leagues or the people who run them. Yes, it would be great to get these top players here and raise the level of play here but if you're an example of them (which you aren't) then we're fine building the league around them and waiting until they grow and mature.

Ironically, post like these are the typical peer pressure tactic to say "if you hang out with that geek you can't come to the cool kid's party this Friday" It's like little signals to each other that it isn't "cool kid" approved yet so other sheep, follow me! I can respect those who have a mind of their own and know how to voice their opinions about what they don't like, test the product and make up their own mind, staying if they choose to and giving us a chance to improve in the best interest of the whole community and not just what a "group" wants.

11. All in the Hip

All in the Hip Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  12. Frog KnightG

Frog KnightG Ser Glenn

Discord:
    ser_glenn#0
    Ratings:
    +356 / 12 / -51
    This league = too many noob friendly rules, but that can be fixed.

Hanson= no respect for anyone, league rules , ghost poker extraordinaire, biggest douche.

League gaming FTW

No Streaming Account
  13. Habfan5693

Habfan5693 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 4 / -7
    I was so glad when you got traded off Minny Hanson, I heard things like this and now it just proves you are the douche bag they said you were

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  14. mikeysanman1

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    ^lmfaoooooooooooooooooo

No Streaming Account
  15. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    This LG season has left me disappointed. I had a fun run in Carolina last season and had high hopes coming into this year, but I was totally turned off by the experience by halfway through the season. Maybe I was sheltered to it before, but the way this was run just didn't make sense to me. Keep in mind that I stopped paying attention to LG after week 3 and have no idea what has happened since then, but this has been what I took away from the season.

Expanding the league was questionable at the time and, I think, a mistake. Ownership selections were poor. The way that NHL eligibility was crippling owners and keeping good players from participating made no sense. I spoke to several owners in the first few weeks about the lack of speed and communication between owners and league officials. Trades were a total mess. No one seemed to know how to do them and what was going on in terms of processing. I made several posts regarding the frequency of forfeits, only to be disregarded. I was fairly disheartened that a conversation about wraparounds was anything more than "oh, we have this outdated rule? We'll fix it next season." Some of the ruling on bannings didn't make sense. Hanson and xbobz got penalized for quitting out of a game, even though I don't think I ever found a rule that said you couldn't. Then, oddly enough, one got a 2 game suspension and the other got banned for the season. Banned for the season? For a rage quit that you can't prove? For a rule that didn't exist? For a player that returned right after he quit? I don't get how you can cripple a team like that for such a tiny thing.

So that was my experience. I've helped run a league, one about 6 times the size of this one, so I understand how difficult it is to do, but I was just disappointed with what I thought I was going to get out of it.

Ayohhhh
  16. JDoolus

JDoolus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +424 / 1 / -10

Most points are pretty spot on.

-League should never have been 20 teams.
    -Some really shaky owners (see above point for why)
    -NHL eligibility should have been much less, still in place but much less.
    -The ban hammer went around way too much.
    -Nobody really seemed to know what was a rule and what wasn't (poorly or vaguely written rules).

I, like AO had a great time when I was a part of the league last year. This season however has been nothing short of a disaster. Call me whatever you want but I ran my team and dominated the league mostly because teams were handcuffed with banned players and not being able to call up players that would have helped them. I played in the league to have a good time and get some organized 6's, unfortunately it turned into a shit show of who would forfeit first and was very little fun and I can't wait for this season to get finished.

I think instead of always thinking the league is right, take a long look at what needs to change in order for success to build here. In my opinion it is not being done right now and people are rushing decisions and making this site seem very ordinary. Which is incredibly unfortunate since what Tris has here is a tremendous site.

No Streaming Account
  17. Frazier4Heisman

Frazier4Heisman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I agree times 1000.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

No Streaming Account
  18. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    I remember 3 months ago when Greb stepped down in the VHL and took Ownership here, you were saying the exact same thing about the VHL. Now since you didn't get your way here, you decide to bash LG and go run back to the VHL? Makes sense...

No Streaming Account
  19. HansonX91

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -3
    Kastor, we want to play good teams. Sorry bud.

you can say what you want about me, but the forums are dead. The chatbox is dead. The site is dead. I wanted the site to succeed. But the way the league is run can all be traced back to one man, and I've heard it from multiple owners and dozens of players that this league is a complete joke. The site is better than vhl but the league is worse than sshl. I mean, browness led the league in scoring last season.

aimbothanson
  20. HansonX91

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -3
    Being called a joke by the biggest joke on xbl. You're 40 and play video games. Go hang out with your wife tool.

aimbothanson
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.