NHL 14 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Aug 20, 2013.

1. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    I think they jacked up the fighting only for the demo soeveryone gets a feel for the new engine.

No Streaming Account
  2. On3 Tr1ck Pony

On3 Tr1ck Pony Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 3 / -1
    Just played a few games to challenge myself to not get in any fights during an entire HUT tourney. It was surprisingly easy, i think the main reason people are getting into fights is because they went for huge its, rather than separating hits. I admit it was fun the first few games when it came out just steamrolling hossa with chara,then fighting toews, but if you play more closely to real hockey, and don't try and kill your target with a big hit, then the enforcers won't have a problem and will let play continue. I agree that if a fight does start, the enforcer stepping in should take a two minute instigator, but other than that i think it adds a new mechanic that when applied to league, will show the skilled players from the minor league guys who think good defense means being a literal mac truck and flattening everything in sight.

No Streaming Account
  3. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    You're scoring them at a 90% rate where? In Free Skate? In games on Hardcore Sim?

bearditv
  4. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I'm not noticing any of the increased interference penalties they promised when I play on all star/hardcore sim. Also, I hope the improved screens apply to human goalies as well since it at least provides some counter play to the GLGs. Park a guy in his face and suddenly never moving makes him pretty easy to score on, at least that's what I'm hoping.

No Streaming Account
  5. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I've only played a couple to get a little feel for it (there's plenty of time still) and I find the game too fast and too much tape to tape passing the game feels arcade like so far. I think they need to tweak it to the NHL10 level and not like '09......I'll comment on more things later when I have time to really try it out.

6. Proud Gay Dad

Proud Gay Dad Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Proud Gay Dad#2855
    Ratings:
    +1,255 / 15 / -54
    Playing the play now/HUT on the Hardcore setting. Goes in like it did in NHL 10/11. Shouldn't affect human goalies as its how the AI is positioning themselves. They stand up to anticipate a shot instead of following the puck behind the net.

Sup_Im_Gay
  7. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    In the sliders, PASSING AiD is MAX

No Streaming Account
  8. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Does anyone know what the default passing will be set at?

Played a few more games, the game speed is def. too fast. I hope that setting is turned up too and will be reduced for EASHL. It would be better if they released the demo with the actual settings as default.

9. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    The online modes will use "Hardcore Simulation" settings. Whether hardcore sim is the same in the demo as it will be in the release -- who knows? I'm sure there will also be a release day tuner like always.

bearditv
  10. B00GAARD

B00GAARD - TK

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    I agree Saddle, with multiple random tuners to continually degrade the game.

xB00GAARD
  11. BROKEUDOWN

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Im sure EASPORTS will be playing with the sliders all year.

Im sure it will play much the same as 13, with more hits.

They really toned down what you are allowed to do infront of the net, Tie-ups in front look unchanged, i turned off auto backwards skating and played D what i noticed was it was quite difficult to man the front of the net. no more killing the pass receiver on a rush , if you do its for sure a penalty (justified). i wish you could push players around better in front, that pretty well the thing im disappointed about the most is that the tie-up wasent reworked.

ALSO checkout the Intro Video on the PRESS START menu, its a good video.

No Streaming Account
  12. BROKEUDOWN

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Not Max

Im sure it going to be slowed down a bit, its comparable right now with '94 settings.
    The general public needs to play a demo 2 times and walk away with an opinion that that game was DOPE! fast players and big hitters make for good cheap thrills.

No Streaming Account
  13. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    I agree about the fighting but it's nice to see your team mates sticking up for you when your star player get hit hard on the boards or if you take a cheap shot at the goalie. It would be a little better if the fights were fought by your tough guys tho.

No Streaming Account
  14. ReapingHavoc14

ReapingHavoc14 Only Bruins Fan

Ratings:
    +24 / 8 / -1
    Took a random shot after the whistle..got jumped.LOL..thought it was atleast cool, and realistic. Well maybe not a fight in real life,but at least a dust up, with some cherping.

No Streaming Account