Next Gen (Xbox One/PS4) League - Shooter/Racing/Soccer/Ect

Discussion in 'Past/Startup Leagues' started by Tris10, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    With the next gen consoles coming out in a few months, and the lack of next gen hockey not coming out for 13 months, I really want to build a new type of league to fill this gap and utilize the next gen consoles. The question, is what game and even what console (since so many people might not be getting the next xbox). There are so many great new features we could do amazing things with at LG (game replays, live streaming ect) that we could tap into.

I'd really like to create a good infrastructure for a shooter type league, Either Call of Duty or battlefield. Do a team type league very similar to how we run the LGHL but the game would be something like team death match or objective based (depending on the game). I think if we build a new league up, doing all our scoreboard, signup system and mobile app support, we could open LG up to a whole new audience.

We could also bring back the forza league (which was very popular).

So, who would have interest in taking part in a next gen league, and which with game/system. Also looking for future leaders and other positions of management.

Your feedback here will greatly shape the future of Leaguegaming.
    -Thanks

2. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Xbox One / Dont care,COD or BF, id get which ever game the league is for.

No Streaming Account
  3. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    It's gonna tough to compete with gamebattles, GB owns the market for online competitive gaming. Played there for 6 years, their site definitely has its flaws, but its run quite well. I'm sure COD would be a popular game choice among the LG community, although COD is garbage in my opinion.

No Streaming Account
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I've never played a battlefield game (besides the pc and star wars ones), but I thought BF4 looked hands down like the best launch title, where as COD looked like more of the same (+dog).

I know i'm going to get BF4

5. Nilla duh Killa

Nilla duh Killa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Personally I believe the PS4 is better hands down.

If you are trying to go the BF4 route it will be tough to round up enough to people with the split between two consoles. Also battlefield maps are huge and require at least 8 people on each team to have a competitive match so I don't think that will work out.

COD sucks and is going downhill fast. I don't want to fork over $60 for some dogs and fish that move when you swim near them.

GTA V is the only option I can think of for Xbox/PS4 users that has a good populous and is competitive.

If enough people go the PS4 route you could consider Tom Clancy's The Division. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg

No Streaming Account
  6. AlexeiKovalev27

AlexeiKovalev27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +980 / 21 / -38
    Planetside 2 kicks every other shooter game in the ass...even BF and COD. I play it on PC regularly and it's coming to PS4 apparently.

[video=youtube;Swy0_w8SnxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swy0_w8SnxA[/video]

No Streaming Account
  7. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    If you're possibly thinking about adding another sports game, FIFA 14 would be a good option. I just got into FIFA with FIFA 13 and I must say I enjoy playing it every time.

No Streaming Account
  8. DIEMENTOR

DIEMENTOR Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .diementor#0
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I for one wasnt planning on getting xbox 1 till the hockey came out bye then i would think price would be down a bit and some better hands on reviews would be out but if were doing a shooter or another sport or something i might consider getting it early id say bf4 but again u need a shit ton of dudes prob cod would be best bet to have small number of teams say 10-12 man teams play same time frames or similar play couple matches a nite then u can have 4v4 or 6v6 tdm or obj style im open for either

No Streaming Account
  9. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    If you are waiting for a price cut, you might be waiting awhile. The 360 didnt cut theirs til 2 years and even then it was only 50 bucks. My theory is, i know im going to buy it one day, so might as well get it as soon as i can.

Xbox 360 price history
    [​IMG]

10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
  11. dirtymike7

dirtymike7 Climbing Back2The Middle

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    PS4. With the right structure/rules in place I would consider joining for shooters/squad based/etc games in addition to sports titles.

No Streaming Account
  12. Killer Fn Mike

Killer Fn Mike This community is Aids.

Discord:
    legacyinruins#6076
    Ratings:
    +38 / 1 / -2
    Madden.

Legacyinruins
  13. BESTCASE

BESTCASE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 7 / -10
    im buying the new playstation but not until nhl15 so untill than i would really like you to put most of your time into nhl seeing as it has been the front runner for your site for years

BEST_CASE
  14. KOSisKing

KOSisKing Cone-Shaped Dinosaur

Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -0
    A good fifa league would be cool. Even if it wasnt 11 v 11 but was like 6 v 6 and you had to have at least one keeper, one d one middy and one st in everygame. We could maybe do a platformer if it was timed runs or something (ie trials or dcc)

KOSisKing
  15. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    I love Trials.

bearditv
  16. KOSisKing

KOSisKing Cone-Shaped Dinosaur

Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -0
    I figured doritos crash course is free and everyone plays it. Same thing with aegis wing. (Or at least everyone has played these)

KOSisKing
  17. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I will be getting the Xbox One. As for a new league, why not Madden? They already have a nice Connected Careers mode that does all the stat keeping and all that. It is basically an online franchise. I run one with guys back home. We could get one (or more going depending on interest) here and utilize some type of LG Scoreboard support. As for a non-sport league, BF4 or Forza would be neat. I remember playing in MotoGP, PGR, and Forza leagues and it was awesome. CoD blows, it is more so a shooter for kids.

Gajeske85
  18. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would also be down for a Madden league, but just as Lat said, Forza would be cool just based on how fun motogp used to be.

No Streaming Account