Your Idea's: Technology to improve/help Owners

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    There has been a ton of talk about area's we need to improve upon, and the common response is the "lack of quality owners". This applies to this season and every other season. Now I believe that technology can improve the owners job and turn maybe less then steller owners into good owners and excellent owners every better.

For example some of the tools we have
    • Fully automated signup system, with notifications and alerts to users when they are scheduled
    • Emergency Call-Up System. (Which isnt being used nearly enough as it should)
    • Quick tooks to message team/see online stats.
    • Mobile App support with push notifications, calendar , team chat ect

Now these are features that mostly I have come up with, but I'm not on the front lines trying to get guys into games ect.

So I pose this question to the community, What tools, or features or other things can we implement to automate the jobs of Owners/GM's. This is your turn to help solve the problem, rather then point it out. I know we can never do all the work of owners, most of their job is to make sure guys show up and they have a lineup, But maybe we need to rethink this. How do we make sure we solve problems before it gets to this point. I fantasize that one day we could have "ownerless" teams, but that might be just that, a fantasy but im trying to think outside the box.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Keep the good idea's coming guys ;)

3. J Bidd

J Bidd Fackin Allstar

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Honestly Tris, your ideas and tools are great, but we need owners who have been around the league long enough to know how to draft top tier talent instead of, "hey we're friends, play club together, we will be SO GOOD, and it doesn't work because they just aren't that good compared to most. I think until there are enough players who are willing to step up, be committed, and try to draft for talent, and not friendship, this probably will be an ongoing issue for a long time.

Now, it doesn't all fall on the owners either, a lot of players, without naming names, but you know who you are whether you will admit to it or not, are a bunch of babies when it comes to being drafted on a "lesser" talented team. Top players want to win games and play with top talent, it isn't like top players here will play for a bad team, stick it out, and say hey, my job is to help bring this team into a winning team, and teach those players who need help at the game to be better. You won't see it because of ego or simply being a child.

end rant on that topic.

-as for an idea for no shows, I think if you implemented into the nightly games a separate sign up area for each night, guys who will be on and available to post they are available incase there is a no show. Not sure I worded this right so will give an example...
    Last night I had something come up and couldn't make it, so worried about getting a team chat message sent when it was the last thing that should of been on my mind, but I signed up, and want to respect showing up unless I absolutely cannot. If there was a button that said reserve, and whoever on the team, NHL/AHL knew already they would be online that night they could simply add there availability as a reserve so the owner/gm/ player setting up the game would know exactly who to contact if there is a no show for any reason.

Also, for owners as another idea which I haven't thought about thoroughly yet but know it's been mentioned and such in the past many times...

we we need to have teams continue over from one season to the next, maybe have contracts in place, for years, not money amount. And I say teams loosely, I think if the Owner/GM stick together for another season, then they should be able to take 2 forwards,2 defense and 1 goalie on there team to play for them another season. So 7 players total will be kept so teams have something to strive for, starting every season with a fresh slate gets annoying because next season your fighting with all new guys and any coaching you may have done is basically useless, so that's my thought on that.

No Streaming Account
  4. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    This is for technical tools bidskies, nothing to do with league system or structure.

Players sign up and make note as "Yellow", owners should remove then until game time. Green = confirm. Tris added the chat box, APP so people can drop a quick message to their team. Messages get bumped to people with APP phone.

Or are you asking for something else & I'm not understanding?

5. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    An idea to help with the scouting for "rookie" owners would be to improve the draft board to include the power ranking.

Like it or not, the players marked as "Elite" in the power ranking are pretty much the "elite" players in the league. There are a few oddballs, and guys that get carried in there, but it's still a good indication of the dominant players in the league. If you could somehow integrate the power ranking, stats from ALL the previous season, attendance (how many games signed up per week average), previous suspensions/chat box bans, anything else you can think of. That becomes an instant scouting tool of a player history in LG, and even a mini scouting report of the attitude/commitment to LG.

Maverik19
  6. J Bidd

J Bidd Fackin Allstar

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I know he asked for tools, but it's something that keeps getting brought up so figured I'd rant about it for a second. Lol

but I know he has the app created, and the send out team messages, I get that, it's great, but like tris said, it's not being used, end of story, so I thought you have

LW C RW
    LD RD
    G Reserves

something like that for each game every week, simply sign up for your position, everyone is basically made green by Sunday for the week, well that's where the reserve add comes into play, you see, ok I wasn't added to this game, but I know I'll be available, so I click reserve, puts your name there, then if a green name no shows, you simply go check who said they would be available for play that night rather than searching frantically like most owners do

No Streaming Account
  7. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Got it, you're asking for a Alternate or Reserve spot for confirming. I think it was discussed but not sure how far we got into it. "Scheduling" a reserve spot is a good idea, asking 6 other players to be on and ready if needed might be asking a bit much. Once people see that they aren't scheduled they make other plans and some won't stop what they are doing, if online, to change their plans.

I think leaving that option for the owner to fill in out of those that are signed up would be better? Or do you mean after the fact, players who will be on and want to let the team know that they around if needed?

8. J Bidd

J Bidd Fackin Allstar

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Well your idea works too for owners, but I don't know people will stay home a night online to wait and see if they will be needed, mine is more for players after the fact.

No Streaming Account
  9. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Can't you achieve the "Reserve" system by simply remaining Yellow?

10. everett67

everett67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have been doing this for awhile and the picking of a team is fucking hard u scout they play like shit or lag out give you incorrect availability it is a fucking vidieo game here to have fun unfortunatly some think this is the real deal dont get what they want fly the coop myself i find it very frustrating every time so i try to build team with people who want to play for fun so i dont no i understand that im not the best owner but i refuse to fold because i got fucking superstars telling me how to run things this is league not club here so ah fuck it

everettreec
  11. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Also this whole "Bad owners" thing, maybe you and I have different definitions of what a bad owner is. To me, a bad owner doesn't get a lineup for his games and thus we have forfeits or any other actions he may take or not take that results in forfeits. This is a bad owner.

If an owner puts effort into his ownership job, I don't fault him for lacking in wins, Even though the team might be harder to keep together because of moral.

We would all like every team to be competitive, But that's more wishful thinking. Instead i'd rather every team be active and at least participating.

12. J Bidd

J Bidd Fackin Allstar

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    you could, but it doesn't necessary mean they are online to play, they are just saying they could of been for that night, and not, they ARE online

No Streaming Account
  13. Mav x19x

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    That's why I said "rookie" owner. There are plenty of good players out there who are not dickheads. How to identify them for someone who does not jump in clubs or hasn't been around forever is very difficult. The automated scouting report is one tool that could benefit a lot of owners, including myself if I would of been "Jay-less".

Maverik19
  14. Mav x19x

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    I just figured the difference between the current system with your post :) Yes, that could be useful, if used correctly.

Maverik19
  15. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    What about doing it this way:

If once you see you're not "green" for a game, you make other plans, you should remove yourself completely from that game. If you leave yourself yellow, you're available to fill in if someone doesn't show.

bearditv
  16. mikeysanman1

mikeysanman1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    a draft cheat sheet to help owners...that would help alot i think

No Streaming Account
  17. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    You mean like the season stats or their career history? Part of the reason we currently require "x" amount of games is so owners can evaluate a player by their stats. Don't know if Tris can have a career stat leader board?

18. AlexeiKovalev27

AlexeiKovalev27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +980 / 21 / -38
    A draft cheat sheet? Multiple people posted "top 5" and "top 10" lists before the draft even happened and everyone ignored them and drafted random people anyway.

The only way to help owners is by putting better people in those roles. The reason good players don't want to play here is some of them are unlucky enough to be drafted by teams who would lose in a drop in against 6 BUNKA gurndeeps

No Streaming Account
  19. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    For last draft, The actual draft board had a pretty useful table inside it where you can search and filter by last seasons starts, plus i posted a link to s15 member stats where you could do other scouting (and that has the power ranking info), So the tools were there. Where they used most effectively, maybe not

20. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    I think this proves that it's not the tools, it's the owners.

No Streaming Account