Discussion - Third Commissioner.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by NKG HD, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    He wanted someone to step up in the AHL despite knowing the league structure was flawed and doomed to fail. So?

No Streaming Account
  2. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Great move. Now let's get some competent owners up in this bitch.

No Streaming Account
  3. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    The job of an owner isn't to run the AHL, it's to ensure all levels of the organization are running smoothly. If he needed someone to step up and help out he's doing his job.

Riemersma11
  4. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering how someone doesn't have time for the AHL, which he openly disagreed with, but he will have time to help run an entire league. Flaw maybe?

I dropped my LO spot because I honestly didn't have time, I didn't go for ownership because I didn't have time, and I didn't take the AHL GM spot for him after he asked me because I didn't have time; but all of a sudden he has time to help manage an entire league with hundreds of members and dozens of tasks when his "job and RL" keeps him away from managing one single little organization of less than 24 players? Is he going to try and pass off responsibilities as a commish because he doesn't agree with the structure like he did with his own organization. Sorry but I personally think this is a bad move, and from the other posts in here I am not the only one

No Streaming Account
  5. Mr_Invidious

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    "Don't have enough time to run the AHL" = "It's not my job to babysit the AHL players and I won't be wasting my time doing it when I've got a team to run"

No Streaming Account
  6. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    I can't comment one bit on if AK is right for the job at all. What I can however address is the 3 commissioner system and growth. For people who don't know who I am or where I've come from I was in the VHL as staff and running alot of things behind the scenes over there until a fall out this season. The three commissioner system is one that will be needed down the road for sure when LG can expand into three leagues (long term goal) at this point it may be a good move to however allow them to build a working relationship while possibly decreasing other staff positions that people say aren't really doing work (again if this comment is true). At the same time we would be losing a "good" owner that is again what the community says is the weak point. No matter the checks and balances put into place there will always be judgement calls if the rules allow for it and that is where needing the 3 vote system comes into play. The league however has made a step in the right direction if nothing else then identifying its issues and actively working to fix them. The view from the other site has been with all due respect that LG has everything that LA wants in terms of a site but can't run its day to day properly enough for people to leave. There has been people ready to move on for two seasons now but no where to go that they trust. The new people who came to play in a league after I recomended LG to them have been taken a back by what this site has to offer not just that it doesn't take a half hour to load or it actually works. The growth of this site and league directly falls upon the direction of the ones running the league day to day tris has aleady provided everything other leagues dream of.

sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes posting this from my windows phone can I get an app :(

Sevv_09
  7. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    With attitudes like that I personally hope no one gives you that opportunity. We have already had a handful of these kind of bullshit owners in that past that went out of their way to not support the system that was put in place thus bringing on these recent changes. there have been quite a few NHL owners and players who think they are above the AHL and all that it is like it's some kind of outcast league or a scarlet letter that brands people as being bad or something. It's ~*~*.

No Streaming Account
  8. Mr_Invidious

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    Alright, I don't know why this of all things causes so much of a ruckus because I honestly believe you're looking way to deeply into this thing. If you devoted your time to being an owner in this league and were then told, "we're implementing an AHL farm system that will have games just like the NHL", where there are few players and even more hours to devote to each night, wouldn't you want someone from the AHL to step up and take control? AK and all other owners spend hours each night getting their team together, inputting stats and doing other managerial duties. The AHL was not put in place for the owners of each organization to run singlehandedly. There's a reason that there were AHL GMs.

I'm not sure why AK's being singled out either, I'm wondering how many other owners in this league took over the AHL team and ran all of it's operations without requesting some shred of assistance.

No Streaming Account
  9. Kryss85

Kryss85 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kryss85#0
    Ratings:
    +170 / 19 / -28
    Listen, I kept my AHL team up and had players ready for every game. I think they played 3 out of 6 because of forfeits. All he is trying to say is that Day to Day operations of the AHL, when a forfeit is most likely going to be the case, were low on the priority list with everything else involved with running a team. It's tough, and very time consuming dealing with JUST the NHL team through D2D things that come up. You can't expect him to be able to get an AHL team ready to play when he is in an NHL game. If no one wants to step up and help, (thanks to my guys), you just have to deal with the thing you can control. I may be wrong in my interpretation, but that's how I took it

No Streaming Account
  10. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    The AHL isn't a relevant concern for owners. Unless they have talent down there and they want them to get their games in for a call up. Can't expect the AHL to be taken seriously when there are as many bad NHL teams as there are.

No Streaming Account
  11. o TheRedViper o

o TheRedViper o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  12. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    I don't know AK well, but I've never had anything but positive experiences with him.

He's a nice guy and carries weight in the community. For the growth of the league, I like this idea.

bearditv
  13. bud2790

bud2790 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -4
    I think having 3 commissioners is a step in the right direction for this league. I don't know much about NKG (everything I've heard about him has been positive), but I can assure you that AK27 is a great choice and he'll be a great asset to this league. I've known him for something like 4 years now and I have nothing negative to say about him, he's a great guy.

The only negative about having him as a commish is that the league is losing one of its best owners.

No Streaming Account
  14. B0SS of B0SSES

B0SS of B0SSES 99 Daddy

Discord:
    BossofBosses#4174
    Ratings:
    +505 / 11 / -17
    I personally think AK27 is a piece of shit and i hate his guts!!!! Im kidding,AK is a good guy...kind of on the homo side but that doesnt mean he wouldnt make a good co commish.I mean nicky G lives for cock and im sure hell do a fine job. As far as the facts of the matter here lets be honest hes been around LG since the beginning so he knows the ins and outs of the league including rules, good/bad players etc.Downside to that last fact is hes about 43 years old.Hes a grizzled vet thats seen his best days on the ice pass him by.With that being said hes still able to be productive and is ready to grab the reigns and make Brendan Shanahan player safety videos discussing late hits and illegal wraps in LG.My only genuine concern about him being co commish is that his cock may be too small.But then again Nicky G also is hung like a squirrel so they could work well together. I am backing AK27 on this matter and when the fawken B.O.B. backs someone they get the job.On a side not justin brown is a good person and the best rapper alive.<span style="color: rgb(226, 226, 226); background-color: rgb(57, 84, 125);">[video=youtube;KVSxNtalsvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVSxNtalsvs[/video]That is all
    DOME

B0SSofB0SSESTV
  15. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    Nicky G Soixante Dix-Sept

[​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  16. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    never had any bad experiences with ak so cant say anything bad about him.but like most of you im more concerned with turning this league
    into a place that everyone wants to be in.am I convinced that it will take 3 stooges to run the league (jokin) not to sure what I think right now
    wouldn't mind hearing some ideas from the commish's maybe talking in a party to get a good feel where they are coming from,nicky g and I have
    spoken and I like where his ideas are going so far.should be fun to see where this goes as im sure there will be a lot of butt hurt people either way
    this goes.lets turn this into a positive and remember as long as the league can grow and get more people who want to be here then its a win win for all...

No Streaming Account
  17. I3igFoote

I3igFoote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nothing against AK27 because I honestly don't know him at all but after going through and reading all the posts there will be a lot of unhappy people when he becomes a commish. But with that be said he has been handling all this criticism towards him very well(I would have spaztarded by now) so I say give him a chance. We all know ozzy isn't perfect and we all still LOVE HIM!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  18. ll IrOnCiTy ll

ll IrOnCiTy ll Home of the "500K Poke"

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    just my .02

After you get a good,TRUSTED group of owners have a rotating Commissioner.The way I see it,you would be fixing a lot of problems.Instead of having one face and voice(FOR EVERYONE TO HATE ON),have one system,with a new face every season that is the "Commish".This commish would obviously need to have a supporting cast of "L0's".I also think it would be beneficial if the L0's stayed the same every season.I think they should also be taken from the current group.To this point It would appear that the day to days of the league are in working order.And they obviously have a inside track on how to navigate this site&system.I think this would go a long way to change the pre conceived ideas people have,as well as groom a certain type of Community Leaders here.The Commish would take more time and care in policy making because he or she would know they are going to have to live with this system the very next season.I also think that if you dont possess the desire to run a team in your own system,then you have no business in being part of the group that runs the league.I think this would go A LONG way in fixing some of these same issues always tend to pop up in Gaming leagues,as well as breed a certain type of Owner here..All while giving the current and future commissioner insight on how to do the job THE BEST WAY.

I think this community has the right people,its just a matter of connecting the dots.Doing it like this would also take a lot of stress away from the commissioner position,as it would be a seasonal change.And every season we would have a fresh face..fresh mindset..and fresh ideas.

(I in no way,mean to offend ANYONE or ANYTHING with my comments..And make these comments with the up most respect for the current LO's and site staff!)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  19. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    I'm finding it hard to see the need for 3 commissioners which I think is the main point you guys are trying to sell us on (quite possibly because not a lot of people are accepting this idea) so that tie breakers are settled when the 2 commissioners disagree on something. I think a better idea would be to make sure you pick better LO's and give them more responsibility. This responsibility would include a LO vote that would help break the stalemate if the commish were against each other on a decision. I think too many voices at the top isn't the best thing and we know it can be done with only 1 (vhl) and they have 5 times the amount of players this site does. To me this seems like a compromise because tris doesn't want to take away ozzy's status because he has done a lot for the league. I have nothing against ozzy but i don't think his style of "managing" is what the league needs to grow. There also is serious concern over AK's lack of time to dedicate to the site. Being an gm a couple seasons ago I can understand why he doesn't give a shit about the AHL (i didn't either) but he said it himself he didn't have time to care and I know he has been removed as an owner in the vhl after he disappeared for awhile because of work. Once again I have nothing against AK and don't think I have ever talked to him I just don't see the need. I wouldn't have a problem with him being a LO that is part of that group vote that i mentioned earlier. I'm sure he would be good for the league because he has been around for awhile and knows talent but I don't think commissioner is the spot for him.

Ozzy what I said about you sounds pretty harsh but if it is any condolence I think you are a good person.

No Streaming Account
  20. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    Ive known AK for over 10 years. Everything this guy has taken on , he always accomplished flawlessly. Of course as owners there will be tension with each other while talking trades etc . AK does everything with alot of respect and for the best of his team.

I truly believe we need to give this new 3-way Commish a chance to prove themselves before spamming the panic button . Ozzy is older than mother earth and has been in the NHL community forever but lacks the PR , thats where Nicky G steps in to explain us in simple ways the decisions the group is making. AK imo is an all-around type person that really cares about LG and its growth( hes been here since Season 1 ), like everything else he has tried , he will succeed.

Like i said , people need to give this new group a chance. Talking & crying at this point is pretty much useless , we as a community need to TRUST what is being put in place for all of our good .

Tino.

tino45
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.