IF LG stays on NHL 14...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Jay l19l, Aug 23, 2014.

?

Is this a good option?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No thanks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    I will own 15 because I have a modded box (not sure how much I'll play) but I would like to stay on 14 so we don't give EA more money for royally screwing us. I honestly think this is the year where people should take a stand to EAs bullshit, no matter whether we are a small minority or not. If not this year, then I can't see it ever happening and EA will just be more inclined to not give a shit about the "hardcore" fan base that we like to call ourselves. It's about time people decide to grow a backbone and stand up for what is right. Not rewarding mediocrity and the people that are deceitful, stab you in the back, and lie to your face about it.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Not to start an argument but simply to just question some stuff.

Do you really think if we took a stand something positive would come out of it? What if the NHL series took such a loss that ea scrapped hockey all together?

I get what your saying about is always getting they short end of the stick but I just don't see how we can take a stand taht would be considered effective

• Like Like x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    I can see them taking eashl permanently. But by buying it on the 360 would prove most people are in it for the club. IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    I say instead of trying to jump to a conclusion on where this league is headed we should wait till the 9th and see how NHL 15 is on the 360 I can do without all the flapping jerseys and authentic arenas maybe it won't be to bad, But it seems like were rushing this decision which could affect the popularity of this league dramatically. IMO if real puck physics are in the 360 and there are improvements to gameplay I'm ok with 15 on 360

• Like Like x 1
    chipyox
  5. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    I dont think many people want to buy a new game, especially one that is the same thing as the one we all already have. Lets just stay on nhl 14

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. ReplayChr1s

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    This is my personal opinion and i'm sure a lot of people don't share the same view, but I don't care if EA scrapped it. I'm not going to let EA bully me into buying the same game year after year because i'm worried if I don't buy it they won't make a new one. There is more to life than a video game. If they scrap it I see 2k possibly getting back in the picture (not that it would solve the problem or be better than EA), and people will start to play different games, FIFA for example. Obviously we can't see into the future to know what would be "effective", but I would think not contributing to the lackluster efforts of EA would be a start. I understand being cautious about possibly losing most peoples favorite game, but now is the time to show that we won't stand for their bullshit. Do you think it would bode well for future games if EA knows we will still pay for a game that has completely taken out the "hardcore" fans favorite game mode? I'd rather not be treated like a doormat.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. PvtKillaa

PvtKillaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -1
    Even if everyone on this site doesn't buy nhl 15 on 360, EA will turn a profit. They used very little resource to make nhl on 360 and it will still sell fine. You seen the game they give us year after year. How much time do you think they spent on 15 on 360, while still being able to make nhl 15 on x1/ps4 from the ground up? Also... what videos have we seen from last gen? All I seen were the new cloth dynamics and skill stick and that's for x1/ps4. I have seen ZERO advertisement for 15 on 360. How the fuck do people want to buy that game still? And how the fuck couldn't they even set time aside to make a demo for 360/ps3.

• Like Like x 3
    PvtKillaa91
  8. CptMatt Sparrow

CptMatt Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -4
    Not even sure why I am responding to this, because of your cult following of the cool kids in the community, but I know there's people of reason on this website.
    1. EVERYONE was implied as the people who bought xbox one to play next gen games, not keep their 360's around by playing a game they could play (at a much higher quality) on their new console.
    2. Not sure why you would buy NHL 15 on xbox 360, 60 bucks for new commentators seems like a waste to me, but hey its your money... but I think a MAJORITY (since you seem to like to critique my word usage) of the league will not buy NHL for both systems, because EVERYONE in the league was told that LGHL will be played on the xbox one a few months ago.
    3. I am not even sure why you are coming at me in the first place, I was in no way advocating people to boycott LGHL, I am simply saying that seasons to follow on NHL 14 will get less and less fun/competitive as the longer you play NHL 15 on your new console. There's nothing to "pick apart" I am stating what is most likely going to happen, will I play another season on NHL 14 on 360? Sure why not, but will I return for a second season if the first season goes to hell like I think it will? No. That is why I wrote on here to keep the integrity of the league and let's just cut our loses and come back strong for NHL 16, I know a year of no 6s will seem like a eternity for you and the boys, but trust me the sting won't last too long.
    4. I wasn't going to address your last comment, but the more I wrote this, the more I thought to myself "man this guy really believes his opinion is fact" due to your "NHL 14 was far superior to anything since NHL 11" I was actually commenting on how shitty NHL 14 will feel after you been playing NHL 15 on next gen, so yes I will address it. Are you not in college? Please answer me why the hell are you staying up till 2am trying to catch someone to confess of a 2nd tag? This league has ZERO relevance to the real world, please do yourself a favor and study for a test, go out partying, or something better with your time at school. I admire your dedication for the league, but man I gotta be real with you, taking it that serious is not good. We all know you and the guys below who like your every thread and have got to keep your stature in the league as the "big dogs" but eventually these guys (im assuming you have never met before in person, and if you have good for you guys) will start fading out of touch with each other, someone has a kid, someone gets a new psycho girlfriend who keeps him off the box, gets a new job working nights etc etc....don't live for the league and your virtual friends, this isn't going to last a lifetime.

Now I have no problem with you nor knocking what you do for the league, but I hope you get what I am trying to say, especially as someone who loves the league as much as you (not saying that as a insult) But MY OPINION (not saying its facts) is that 3 more seasons of NHL 14 on 360 will be a gongshow, and I really don't think their will be enough people to keep the league at a high standard that it is now to get people to buy NHL 15 ON 360.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101
    We'll you could pay 20 for ea season ticket on 360 will get the nhl 15 5 days early so you can waste 20 before you waste 60!!!

w1kd__84
  10. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -3
    What free option is there to try NHL 15 on the 360? EA Access only lets you play the next gen version, and Season Ticket lets you play the 360 version. Either ways its not free.

Theres all this talk of boycotting NHL, are people actually going to give money to EA for a few days of (basically) renting the game?

No Streaming Account
  11. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    I havent spent a single minute hunting down 2nd tags, but if someone wants to investigate or report someone for using one Im not going to call them a loser, virgin, ~*~*, etc. for trying to help the league.

Rest of the post was reasonable, I understand your thought process behind the year off, I just think having something (14 or 15) would be better than completely shutting down for a year. Plenty of people have Xbox 360s still, a lot of people live for it enough to play even if they have an XB1, and plenty dont even have the XB1 to begin with (Usually takes 2+ years for a new console to overtake the old one as the "current gen").

Could NHL15 on Xbox One be fantastic, yes. Does that mean you'll get the same enjoyment from that as you would from playing 6 vs. 6 on the old console, absolutely not.

12. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Some people still have their Season Ticket Subscription from last year (Bought it Sept 8th or something like that) so they can try it for free.

I'll probably stream some 6s (if 6 people have it lol) and give my opinions on it. I dont expect any big differences, but the first thing I'll do is go to free skate, hold RB, flick up, and hope the puck doesnt bounce 40 feet in the air.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    By free I meant in the sense if your season ticket doesn't expire before 15 is on the earlier release you could play it on 360. The debate is about 14 or 15 on 360 that's why i suggested that people download 15 if their season ticket isn't expired.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Ps rammer is taking questions on twitter right now

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. Blade mtl

Blade mtl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -3
    I think the goal is to try to get as many people joining season 19 ,with so many options this is a hard one

but we can respect the decision that will be made or hold our grudge and be cry babys

No Streaming Account
  16. MeatMagician450

MeatMagician450 RD

Ratings:
    +167 / 3 / -2
    Spoken like a true Bandit.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  17. LIVE Jordan

LIVE Jordan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LIVE Jordan#5415
    Ratings:
    +183 / 18 / -10
    i get that you wanna fuck rammer up the ass but not buying copies doesnt hurt a corporation like EA
    be a gm connected is beeing dropped cause no one played it i know no one played cause it was so broke but ea only sees how many played not playing eashl on 15 360 version just proves to them that it is not so important to us
    what if ea shut the lobbies on 14 down? then what?

Now Fighting
    No Streaming Account
  18. ReplayChr1s

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    what ever happen to standing up for something you believe in? each ea studio has their own budget and target numbers they try to reach. i highly doubt the people in charge at EA say as long as the company as a whole is doing good, then i'm good. you better believe each "department" aka studio gets looked at and has separate numbers that are expected of them, and heads roll if they are not met, just like in every other business. it's stupid to sit here and play the what if game, but it has already been said that servers stay up for 2 years so that won't be a problem. will the servers be as good without ea's full focus on them? probably not, but im not going to forced into buying a game because of scare tactics.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. CptMatt Sparrow

CptMatt Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -4
    I apologize then for saying it was you, I just remember brushing through on here during the whole video someone posted of them in a party trying to get a confession from someone. I agree, me being one of the people who would still play NHL 14 6s strictly for LGHL though, wont be playing EASHL anymore. However, I just feel the longer I play NHL 15 on next gen the less and less interested I will be in NHL 14 6s, which if the whole league starts feeling like this, the league will turn into a sad sad place and as someone who has played every year since beta season 1 from VHL till the switch here, id like to keep the league at its high standard.

But yeah I may be wrong, its just tough to say. I personally would put a 2 season limit for this year (skipping the first season) to let everyone play next gen hockey for awhile, and if the community is still wanting to play NHL 14 seasons on LGHL then we would know the season would be a success, rather then going into the first season on just hopes people don't lose interest during it. So basically whenever the schedule is usually to start the 2nd season of a year use that date as the first season for this upcoming season. (And who knows maybe by some miracle EA will release EASHL by Xmas on the one)

No Streaming Account
  20. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    I am in the stick with NHL 14 category. I feel the league numbers would drop significantly if there was a switch to 15 for the following reasons.

Next gen: it will be a hard sell to get those who have moved on to next gen to pick up a game from the previous generation

Casual gamers: a lot of individuals I have seen pushing for NHL 15 on the 360 are those who are actively involved in the league and in the NHL community. While those who are deeply invested may feel they want to move on to the next game on the current generation of consoles, the league will take a huge hit from those who are not as involved.

It is tough. It truly is damned if you do, damned if you do not. However, I feel that sticking to 14 is the right direction. Everyone has their legend cards, so no work needs to be put in by those who are not as involved or invested in buying the next version of the game.

A couple new gameplay updates is not worth the transition.

Sloshy97