League Reaction.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Hayesx11, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l Sundin x 13 l

l Sundin x 13 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    This guy probably so happy to finally get played in LG. He should be thanking us for freeing up roster spots.

No Streaming Account
  2. BeastModeCowb0y

BeastModeCowb0y Any1 can get it

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    Shit burnt the popcorn!

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  3. Tom 0

Tom 0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104 / 13 / -34
    ITT:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    Best decision. All blind. Game different. All of you bitch.

GolSkiii
  5. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    [​IMG]

iMackie21
  6. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    nooooooooo

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Duckheaddodado

Duckheaddodado Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    ''We really want to hear your opinion please post and vote in the poll'' Town hall video

''We are going to move on no matter what the poll says for future growth''-- Every post after nhl 14 lead in the poll and the community was asking for another poll to blow nhl 15 out of the water.

LG fails hopefully nobody here buys nhl 14 again for 60$ to play with NHL 13 tuners

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. P4LE PWNR

P4LE PWNR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So first off, I'm not really an active member of this community. I played a handful of seasons in both the VHL and this league but recently (the last 2-3 years) I have not had the time to actively commit to a league that wants 2 nights out of my week. That being said I've been very interested to see how the largest gaming community for NHL handled this situation so I've been paying attention to these forums a lot lately. Either way, because of my lack of participation in the league I would totally understand if my opinion were taken as a grain of salt, regardless I feel the need to add it into the mix anyway.

The first reason for moving on from 14-15 that was given by "Brodie" was basically, people leave every year and go to other leagues or club or some combination of both and you need to replace those people somehow. This seems counterintuitive to me in that rather then losing people simply because they move on from your league/community and having to replace them, most likely from within your community anyway. Now you are simply abandoning valued members of your community instead. So you will DEFINITELY have to replace a large number of people. And I think you are severely over-estimating how many people are going to be buying the XBOX 360 version of the game and how many of those people are going to be signing up for leaguegaming, in the next coming seasons.

The second reason given "Future Development" is basically the same with the added position of you want to see new people grow within the community and become more relevant. The same arguement applies in that you are abandoning old members of your community for this to happen and have very little reason outside of "we hope more people join us" by doing so.

The third reason and the reason I really wanted to respond to this thread is the relationship with EA. The reason you give is very vague and doesn't make much sense. That being "I don't believe that 3500 members boycotting the NHL game sends te right message or truly impacts anything in a positive manner." You as a community of 3500 members are the largest community out there with the largest impact to potentially be made to let EA know this "I can honestly say I am disappointed as the next guy abot NHL 15 not having EASHL. I only bought an Xbox one for that game to be honest." Yet you made the opposite decision, a decision the large majority of your community did not support even before knowing all the details. A decision I am willing to bet an even larger portion of your community is against now that they have played or seen video of the 360 version of the game which is basically just NHL 14 with a 5 photoshopped over the 4. You as the founders of this community had a choice to make and I don't see how you could have made the decision you made knowing what this game is. You are asking your community of 3500 members to purchase a copy of a game they all already have for 60 or 70 dollars without giving legitimate reasoning for doing so aside from saying we hope our community grows larger by doing so. That's a $210,000 decision you just made for EA. And that's if your community is entirely American which I know it's not.

You had the oppurtunity, no the responsibilty to express your displeasure with the game more then most. You could have kept the game going on NHL 14 and not missed a beat, lost a lot less members. As the people who are sticking around for NHL 15 on the 360 you weren't going to lose regardless, these are people that are keeping their 360s and playing NHL anyway. They aren't going to trade the game in, as it's worthless to companies like game stop. You're only going to get 5-10 bucks for it. You were never in danger of losing the people that are going to buy NHL 14.5 by staying on 14. The only people you were in danger of losing with that thought are the people that are selling their 360s to buy an Xbox one or a PS4. And you are losing those people regardless of the decision you made. But by making the decision you chose to make, you are losing even more of your community simply because you are choosing to support an inferior product against the wishes of the majority of said community, and asking them to buy a game that is not worth close to the asking price.

Again I realize I'm an outsider but I thought that afforded me the oppurtunity to provide an objective opinion for you all and feel it added something to the conversation. You drove away a large portion of your community with faulty logic or a loyalty to a small portion of members that you were never in danger of losing anyway. If I'm another league staying on 14, I'm licking my chops right now, and EA is seeing nothing but dollar signs. Good luck to you, I know you are a good community of people. Although maybe I should reconsider that statement looking at how immature and disgusting this thread has gotten.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 8
    palepwnr
  9. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    The amount of red I saw just in quoting you was amazing. Try using the enter key at least once.

• Like Like x 1
    Sevv_09
  10. P4LE PWNR

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I did :( it edited it after I clicked submit to get rid of my paragraphs. I'll attempt to edit it again

Done

• Like Like x 1
    palepwnr
  11. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I read most of it and there is way to much to counter or explain better.

But a very big point people are missing. LG decided right away "we are not boycotting EA", so that was never an issue although people keep bringing it up. The choices and reason were pretty simple..

Is '15 different or the same as '14? If it has new game play, enough changes the league would continue to move fwd as always. Unless a lopsided amount of the community was going to bot buy it and boycott EA. Which would fall under "whats best for the league"

People seem to not read all the print from the higher ups when they post and mix other debates on EA and other forums to what is actually happening here. We are a game league site, we aren't selling anything but housing a place for people to play in leagues. Those people running and setting up leagues choose the games they want to host a league for and people sign up for the leagues they want to play in.

We're not here for the politics of who should buy which games or not buy sport video games, kind of counter productive of what we are doing here. Bottom line is what is going to keep our leagues up, running and innovated.

12. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    [video=youtube;647s_NSeZAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=647s_NSeZAU[/video]

No Streaming Account
  13. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    This is a prime example of the blind leading the blind.

No Streaming Account
  14. P4LE PWNR

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    People keep bringing it up because what you just said is simply not true. And you even contradict that statement later on by saying; "Unless a lopsided amount of the community was going to bot buy it and boycott EA." You would not have had a poll asking people what their intentions were if you 100 percent never had any intentions of boycotting EA or even entertaining the idea. You would have simply stated that LG would be business as usual moving on to the next game like always and that would have been that, you would have lost the people you are losing now and moved on. There likely wouldn't have even been as much of a debate about the whole thing because people wouldn't feel like they had been deceived into thinking that them voting on a poll had any result on a possible outcome for how the league proceeds from here.You keep saying "What's best for the league" even putting it in quotes to emphasize it, yet you provide no explanation why alienating a significant portion of your community is "Best for the league". The only explanation consistently given is that you feel that moving forward the community will not grow larger if you stagnate and remain on NHL14. Well if numbers are important to you here's a few. 514 people voted to say they wanted to stay on NHL 14. If your 3500 # is correct (I doubt it is) that is 15 percent of your LG population and I'd argue that that number would increase had the poll been done now as opposed to before the Early Release when it was conducted. So how much of your community are you willing to lose before you consider it to be "lopsided" in favor of boycotting?

Aside from a new hitting engine, and the puck not bouncing on dump-ins (which should have been a patch for 14 btw) what has changed from 14-15? Passing, Deking, Faceoffs, Fighting, Shooting, are all the same on the 360 version. The puck physics are not new as in the next gen version they simply removed the bouncy ball effect on dump-ins. Graphically the games are identical. Hitting is different and now you can sometimes destroy your teammate on accident when you skate into eachother. Icing is different and its not even done correctly. You are correct, you are not selling anything. You are managing a large group of people, all with opinions and thoughts of their own, and structuring a massive game league site to play a hockey video game. You and the Founder's like you have every right to do as you please and no one is capable of stopping you from doing as you please. The point remains that the medium for your league, for your community to exist is based off of a hockey video game. If your community doesn't like the game they are playing or doesn't feel that the game they are playing is worth what it costs to play it you cease to exist. Whether you acknowledge that politics play a role in whether you have a community or not, doesn't change the fact that politics plays a role in your members being a part of your community or not. To simply plug your ears and yell "NO POLITICS, NO POLITICS" simply alienates and polarizes the community you have built up. Your bottom line is what is going to keep your leagues up and running, the answer is the people that are a part of it already. It's like the cable company offering free HBO to people that sign up and charge you a loyal consumer for 15 years 100 bucks to keep it. How difficult would it be to simply run an NHL 14 league and an NHL 15 league simultaneously? Anyway, I'm out, I was interested to know what direction this league went because you guys/girls had the potential to make an impact, the decisions been made already so that's all I came for anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    palepwnr
  15. xRoamingxRoninx

xRoamingxRoninx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -6
    seriously? this thread is useless..... eff me...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    Dalilaama
  16. Penguins23

Penguins23 Kind of a big deal

Discord:
    .penguins23#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Do you know what's even more useless? A force read poll that means in which the mods insist you vote when the votes don't matter.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  17. AppleWizard47

AppleWizard47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    So everyone is telling me, the changes to '15 on the 360 are worth my $60. Get the fuck outta here.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    Which game was worth the $60 changes? NHL 11 to 12, 12 to 13, or 13 to 14?

To me, it almost seems like people are upset EA didn't really market a last gen game. NHL 11 to 12 was a complete downgrade but no one suggested sticking to 11 at that time. We all bought it because EA told us it's better, because that's what marketing does.

The boycott EA train left a long time ago when they went from NHL 10 EASHL to NHL 11 EASHL. People just missed it.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. NXT

NXT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 4 / -5
    Sadly I think you are at least partially correct.

I'd bet Tris thinks hes going to sell this grand presentation of proprietary functionality to EA.

No Streaming Account
  20. barneyrebel II

barneyrebel II Twinkle Twinkle

Ratings:
    +94 / 7 / -11
    Hello fellas! Just stopped in to let you guys know I will be buying 15 and playing next season.
    I missed the community!

• Like Like x 2
    barneyrebel2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.