LGHL, LGAHL, LGCHL Season Projections: By the Numbers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Starwood18, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Some of you might remember that I had this around to see how the league would pan out for S17. I still had the Google Doc around so I figured I'd plug in the numbers for this upcoming season. There's no doubt that EA Sports' omission of EASHL from the Next-Gen consoles has really put a wrench into the LGHL's plans. Brodie has spoken about this a bit in length in his latest force read as well.

A few things to keep in mind about these numbers:

1.) I'm not going to be correct. My plan is for these numbers to tell a story as far as what we're looking at for S19 and be as close to accurate as possible.
    2.) I didn't take any numbers from the first five days of signups. These numbers were inflated due to the mass amount of signups as soon as it was open to the public.
    3.) These numbers will be hopefully more accurate as time goes by, but there's a week and a half worth of data put into these.
    4.) Turnover is something that happens in every league. I guessed that it will be around 5%. These are people that sign up and just don't ever show up for their team.
    5.) The AHL & CHL numbers are adjusted for a very slight decline in signups due to people who will only play in the NHL (or AHL). They are that good in drop in games.
    6.) The AHL & CHL projection numbers have been set for one and two weeks after NHL bidding, respectively.
    7.) Right now with the AHL hurting for players (left wings?!), I just set an arbitrary number of a six team CHL. If signups start picking up, I have it worked in that I can adjust this easily.
    8.) I didn't factor anything to do with the quality of owners/GMs for the NHL or AHL. None of this should really matter.

[​IMG]

Conclusions to draw from this:

1.) We're hurting on defense again which isn't really a surprise. Hopefully there are some people who were on the fence about playing forward or defense who will make the switch.
    2.) Right now, a 30 person AHL isn't looking probable, we'll need more defensive signups to make this happen.
    3.) At this point, I can't see a CHL really happening. It's always been the bottom rung, but at this point there would be no choice involved with CHL GMs. You have to take certain defensemen.

• Like Like x 12
    Starwood84
  2. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    Have you considered the players waiting to sign up so that they go into AHL bidding?

• Like Like x 3
    brandovedo
  3. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    shouldnt be allowed.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  4. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I'd have to agree with this. It's not necessary. If you sign up late, you should go right to CHL bidding/RA. Too many people abusing it because they don't wanna play NHL or wanna play with their friends in the AHL.

iMackie21
  5. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    Some people need to do this because of the different times to games. Their personal schedule doesn't fit the NHL time slots all that well.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  6. Steve Stefani

Steve Stefani '95 TIL INFINITY

Ratings:
    +409 / 9 / -14
    Has anyone ever considered changing the league structure so that all teams will consist of two lines of fowards and defensemen, or maybe just two defensive lines and retain the three foward lines? I know some people think that we should cut down on the overall number of teams to keep it more competitive and balanced but why not cut down on the roster sizes? I'm not sure what all the implications are of this idea...

I know many people won't like this idea, but maybe its the right way to go until LG can get enough signups for future seasons? Forgive me if this is a stupid idea...I'm new to all the LG politics

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  7. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    Someone else was talking about this earlier with me, can't really remember who. I like the idea, for the AHL at least. If we're going to have low numbers in the AHL, let's at least do what we can to get a season in. In the end, everyone just want's to play 6 v 6. Well said Air Raid.

• Like Like x 3
    Lokix6x
  8. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    To be honest, this wouldn't be an issue if people didn't bid on players because their name looks familiar. I mean, if Owners/GMs actually talked to players to see where they're at and what not. Or if players could put in the additional comments section when signing up that they can't play certain times like LGFA did, that'd work as-well.

• Like Like x 2
    iMackie21
  9. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    Isnt it already like that? I could have swore that I was able to look at FAs posted availbility in the bidding area, when I clicked on their name in previous bidding sessions.

No Streaming Account
  10. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Sign-ups list currently only has GTag, Position, Secondary position (which isn't needed aside from the CHL) and Username. Nowhere for comments/availability. Not sure if the bidding system has availability in there, but atm I can't see it.

iMackie21
  11. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    agreed- however, i dare say most will be for the stated reasons below.

No Streaming Account
  12. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    It's hard to quantify that. I honestly couldn't even take an educated guess as to how many would do that. 20 total? Breaking that down by position it gets even less accurate.

• Like Like x 1
    Starwood84
  13. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    The shit talking is so much better there.

• Like Like x 1
    CoachCrass
  14. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0

I clearly remember bidding on [MENTION=7919]Stith00[/MENTION] last year and having it say under his bio/stats what ever you want to call it that he had 2 nights availability. So that feature is in there.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    why shouldn't it? So what if people would rather play in the AHL as opposed to the NHL. If it someone who is real good, their salary will just be much greater. Some people, such as myself, would rather play in the AHL since in my opinion is more fun and not as serious as it is in the NHL. What was abused was people signing up after CHL bidding so they can be randomly assigned to a team and be at 500k and not say 5-6m or more. That was the problem.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  16. Steve Stefani

Steve Stefani '95 TIL INFINITY

Ratings:
    +409 / 9 / -14
    Yeah...I'm honestly kinda surprised that no one has said anything like this yet. I think it makes sense for there to be at least one less line of defense on each team being that the league is short on defensemen. Maybe this increase in games played for D-men would encourage more people to sign up as defensemen?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. Stith00

Stith00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +372 / 2 / -4
    That was on my xbox bio IIRC, I dont think I ever updated it on LG but it is possible to do it on LG when you sign up for the season if I remember correctly (at least I recall that from my first season of being signec up)

No Streaming Account
  18. Trobs

Trobs Prime Example

Ratings:
    +1,074 / 29 / -28
    Real question is, where the fuck are all the awards?

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  19. B00Mshesaid

B00Mshesaid My name Peggy

Discord:
    b00mshesaid#0057
    Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Wow, you nailed the number of goalies on NHL bidding day perfectly [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    B00Mshesaid
  20. Sphinx Reborn

Sphinx Reborn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    " 1.) We're hurting on defense again which isn't really a surprise. Hopefully there are some people who were on the fence about playing forward or defense who will make the switch."

Exactly what I did, moved from center to Left Dman for this season.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account