Changing Positions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by Scheckel29, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    LGFA Members and Potential Signups:

With bidding right around the corner and our action center still in the works, if you are interested in changing your primary and secondary positions, please PM me your change.

Also, we currently only have 30 Defenders signed up and 10 teams. Either A) all teams will be playing with a 3 back or B) some people will have to drop back. With dropping back, you are almost guaranteeing yourself a spot on the first team, in my opinion.

Just an FYI:
    With over 270 signups, almost 100 people will be on the reserves for Beta Season 1. I figured I should let everyone know the numbers so when almost a third of you are disappointed you are not playing you can't blame staff. Only 9 members applied for ownership and we even lost one of our staff members to make sure we have an even number of teams for our inaugural season.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Scheckel29 and League Staff

EDIT: Tris just added the Action Center

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 7
    Scheckel29
  2. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    My opinion as an owner. If I pick you up I'm playing you where I need you. Players should be open to playing multiple positions. This is soccer and players get shifted over all the time. A striker's best way to earn a striker spot is to first earn a spot on the team. If I win a bid on you. I play you where I want and need you to be.

• Like Like x 6
    OutlawsFCTV
  3. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    • Like Like x 2
    Scheckel29
  4. Jester Race666

Jester Race666 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jesterrace666#0
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    100% agree with this, as a manager I want to put the best squad out on the field with a solid formation, which relies heavily on defense, as it is a ball possession game. Can't score goals without the ball. I am looking for team first type of guys who dont care whether its their name on the scoresheet but rather care about contributing in their role, be it forward mid or D.

• Like Like x 2
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  5. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    i also agree, this isnt hockey and you most definitely cant get away with only playing forward unless you average 2 goals per game or are absolutely insane at attacking. everybody should be working on as many positions as possible because with 18 man rosters it is unrealistic to think you will only be playing one position.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Spidey

Spidey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I want to go off what everyone else is saying and give this advice: be open to do anything! Let's end the worry about performing bad out of position, because people will have to do it and some will fail and some will do good. Us mature adults realize this, and hopefully wont bash you. There are 11 dudes out there, if one guy is struggling then it is up to the rest of the team to help him out by not leaving him out on an island during the game. My goal as an owner is to coach everyone on the squad to be at least competent in every position so they can jump right in if they get the call.

Otherwise, if you want to stay at your assigned/favorite position- you best be great at it, and no complaints! :)

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    I love our Owners :D (no joke)

But just to add a little off what Scheck said, I know some people will be disappointed not being on a 1st team squad, and this is something I wanted to avoid. I fully believe in everyone deserves to play or the chance to play but only having a handful of Owner's this season tied our hands a little. All I ask is a little patience, If you are active I am sure these guys (Owners/Managers) will be using you at some point or another, probably multiple times if not call you up permanently.

Just know this is something we are addressing immediately and hope to correct ASAP. Being either an increase in player's who wish to be Owner's for BS2, or have some sort of league for Reserve player's so everyone can play. Hopefully Both!

Our main goal right now is just to get this off the ground and running. We absolutely want to be the best virtual simulation FIFA league around and we can not get there without you guys!

So again, Thank you everyone for your support and patience from the top down! We are trying the best we can to make this fun, fair and competitive for everyone.

Kav

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    100+ players in reserves is fine as long as the reserves league remains active

No Streaming Account
  9. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    There is no reserve league for our first season. We couldn't get enough owners to get enough teams, i dont see how we will get enough managers for a reserve league to run properly. That is why this statement came out.

Scheckel29
  10. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    ah ok my bad. so those players just wont get to play?

No Streaming Account
  11. Jester Race666

Jester Race666 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jesterrace666#0
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I say that is up to the owners/managers. Personally I am pushing for everyone to be able to get to play on my club since it is the inaugural season. Gotta give guys the chance to prove themselves.

In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  12. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    They can be used as ECUs

• Like Like x 1
    Scheckel29
  13. justdonni3 2

justdonni3 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -1
    All I know if someone is on my reserve team and isn't a cry baby they show up and keep in touch they will play maybe not the position they play but I will get everyone involved

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Ao I DiLo

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    There will be playing time eventually when the U23's or U21s open up after expansion :D

• Like Like x 1
    OutlawsFCTV
  15. Ao I DiLo

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Back in vifa when I ran the players association for a few season I ran Reserve Team Games I gathered 2 teams of reserves and played them against each other. I recorded stats. Made a match report and had a headline format for it. I even gave out names, VIFA Academy vs VIFA Young Boys. It would be a great idea for this leagues PA to do and give meaning to a PA position.

• Like Like x 7
    OutlawsFCTV
  16. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    I know for our squad...I will not stop looking for players that stand out....not just on our team or reserves list...of course operating with the rules/constitution though. That being said, I intend on keeping all our reserves active and part of the team. I consider them just as crucial as our roster list.

That being said, I know at some point (hopefully sooner than later) there will be more teams and more levels. Part of the future of ownership is building the franchise. I got more spots to fill...perhaps not for now...but I'm watching - and not just for players. I'm sure I'm not the only Owner keeping all this in mind.

Work hard gents - we are in exciting times. The opposite is also true - I am watching for GT's that I am flagging to stay away from. I would rather keep that list short...but - hell, competition comes with entertainment...and we'll do our best to avoid drama.

Good luck to all in bidding.

Bottomless_Pit