LGAHL Post-Bidding Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by arnooney, Oct 19, 2014.

1. arnooney

arnooney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    Special thanks to [MENTION=6641]PahkTheCah1387[/MENTION] [MENTION=5812]Tats x 21[/MENTION] [MENTION=4794]Riemersmaa[/MENTION] [MENTION=10986]iCh3ap[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7580]The7thDefence[/MENTION] for helping with these rankings. We will be doing these on a weekly basis, if anyone would like to help out let me know!

Eastern Atlantic - Tats x 21

1. Portland Pirates

Portland looks to pack a punch this season with plenty of cheap but underrated forwards. @Trikuza Da Loza , @steveflush2 and @Cash monie20 are all players who have played in the AHL before, without much success but they look to change that this season. @StoneR2210 scored nearly 50 goals last season in the CHL and he looks to continue that playing nearly the same competition. @TurcNasTy 71 made himself known in a relatively short time and received the 3rd highest contract for a winger this season. All but one of Portland’s defensemen have AHL experience and two even have NHL experience. If you’re a goalie for Portland that has to be something you like. @Stith00 probably wants to keep his team under the radar but when you look at this team, it’s very hard to do that. I see this team leading their division as soon as the puck is dropped tonight.

Bidding Grade: [B+]
    Key Pickups: @Deadliest Hobo @TurcNasTy 71 @steveflush2
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [A-]
    DEF:
    G:
    Players To Watch: @Goalie Cancer @Trikuza Da Loza @TurcNasTy 71
    Projected Week 1 Record: [6-1-2]

2. Providence Bruins

If the rumors of this team having multiple inactives is true, then this team could freefall fast. Currently, I see a team that should be able to compete in this division. @Ray Stanley and @Lorenz100 will be the guys carrying the defense and both are good. The forwards will be lead by @Some fat gezer who has been stuck on below average teams for the past two seasons but has still been able to produce points. @devilboie is another talented forward and he’ll finally get his chance to show what he can do in the AHL. In net they have two guys who have never played net in LG but @YippyKiYey has played goalie for quite a while.

Bidding Grade:
    Key Pickups: @Ray Stanley @Some fat gezer @Lorenz100 @YippyKiYey
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [B-]
    DEF:
    G:
    Players To Watch: @devilboie @Some fat gezer @InFaMouS l22l @Ray Stanley
    Projected Week 1 Record: [5-3-1]

3. Worcester Sharks

Two manual additions and a league warning later, @l KaZoO l may have finally figured this management thing out. Unfortunately this team has already had more issues to deal with than most teams will in an entire season. @Sleeman Guy threatening to request a trade because accused IP booter @King Seaward is on the team. Worcester has quite a few good pickups at good prices that improve the depth of the team. On defense they bring in @Murph 63 , who is a very nice addition but he hasn’t played an entire season to date. In net they brought in @jeflax86 and @ClapHouse , neither has played net in LG so nobody really knows what to expect from them.

Bidding Grade: [C+]
    Key Pickups: @Insomnist @King Seaward @Lindrosx88
    Depth Grades:
    DEF: [C+]
    G: [C]
    Players To Watch: @Insomnist @Lindrosx88 @Murph 63
    Projected Week 1 Record: [4-5-0]

4. St. John’s Ice Caps

Here we have a team who didn’t get the best forwards, got a couple good defensemen and both goalies are management. @Westerhof x88x is a very good goalie and should get most of the starts in net. I’ve seen @WiffleTank allow a goal from the opposite side of center ice. The two guys expected to lead the offense are @tank6109 and @El Flan De Man . Tank has no stats on LG but Flan had 70 points last season in the CHL. The top three defensemen on this team are @PENROSE l27l , @lZl TwIsTeD lSl and @l Kaihatsu l aka Baghdadii. Kaihatsu has played in the NHL and should do very good against less talented competition. Look for St. John’s to hover around the middle of the division until they can make a trade to bring in some more talent up front.

Bidding Grade: [B-]
    Key Pickups: @l Kaihatsu l @lZl TwIsTeD lSl @Ronixxxx @El Flan De Man
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [C+]
    DEF: [B-]
    G: [B-]
    Players To Watch: @l Kaihatsu l @lZl TwIsTeD lSl @El Flan De Man @Westerhof x88x
    Projected Week 1 Record: [4-4-1]

5. Manchester Monarchs

Another team that has a great group of forwards but lack talented defensemen. Not a lot of people know @Blitz0Matic but he has the ability and talent to lead this team in most offensive categories. @Axxonjaxxon88 may not score the most, he will get chances, but he is very good in the dot and defensively and they’ll need him to be to help out a weak D core. GM @Detect Stealth is no slouch in net but it looks like he might be facing quite a few shots once the puck drops. Luckily for Manchester they have plenty of cap space and if done correctly they certainly can turn this team into a contender.

Key Pickups: @Blitz0Matic @warmrocketsauce @Axxonjaxxon88
    Depth Grades:
    FWD:
    DEF: [C]
    Players To Watch: @Detect Stealth @Sbrangy @warmrocketsauce @Blitz0Matic
    Projected Week 1 Record: [3-6-0]

Eastern Northeast - Tats x 21

1. Hartford Wolfpack

With 19 million dollars spent on forwards this team was built to outscore nearly everyone. Just over half their cap was spent on reuniting the dynamic duo of @l9l spads l3l and @arnooney . They also added veterans @Ozzyng2 and @Sikk Vengeanc3 at very reasonable cap hits. The most recognizable name on defense is @AshtonArmy thanks to his great commentary. Hartford looks to silence any questions about their D core with a strong tandem of @Grayzer x 30 and @Kbsmith37 in net. I admit I’ve never seen Kb in net, and I’m not sure many people have, but it shouldn’t be much of a problem if the offense can keep the opposing team in their defensive zone.

Bidding Grade:
    Key Pickups: @l9l spads l3l @Sikk Vengeanc3 @AshtonArmy
    Depth Grades:
    G:
    Players To Watch: @l9l spads l3l @Sikk Vengeanc3 @arnooney @Ozzyng2
    Projected Week 1 Record: [7-2-0]

2. Albany Devils

After scoring nearly 100 points last season @Martin ScoresEZ chose to take management this season and avoid the ridiculous price that may have come from that in a weak bidding class. When looking at this team they have a lot of talent up front and nobody should doubt their ability to score goals. In a division that has a lot of question about defensemen, Albany looks to have the most talent on the backend. After spending over 4 million dollars on two goalies who haven’t had much success in net. @Crabby Crawfish has NHL experience but in the last two seasons his record is 19-29-7 with a save percentage of .728 and a 3.38 GAA. If their goaltending steps up this team can not only compete for the division but the conference.

Key Pickups: @canuck515 @C4Y3N86 @hotwinglol @I SeGuiN 91 I
    Depth Grades:
    Players To Watch: @RocketShip x 27 @Martin ScoresEZ @Monstar Jay @Crabby Crawfish

3. Syracuse Crunch

After winning a Memorial Cup in Season 4 @Colonel20 moves up the ranks into AHL management. @Mindhunter114 , @Drake0807 , @PARKSTER44 , @THEE UNCLE BuCK , @SpruceMoose91 and @xNinjaBladez all return from S4 Drummondville. A skilled player like @imadinosaurr0ar will be expected to lead the charge on offense. The defense doesn’t have many recognizable names but will need to step up if this team is to have any chance at competing for the cup. Take parts of a championship team and add them to a depleted AHL where they’ll be playing most of the same competition from their Memorial Cup run and they already look like they can be a contender this season.

Key Pickups: @imadinosaurr0ar @Pirxy @xNinjaBladez
    Depth Grades:
    G:
    Players To Watch: @imadinosaurr0ar @Pirxy @sinbin74 @xNinjaBladez

4. Bridgeport Sound Tigers

Bridgeport is a team that will be looking to capitalize on previous chemistry between their core of forwards. @Ambient l37l has established himself as a top center throughout the past two seasons and will be relied upon this season to be that top center. While this team only really has the one center they do bolster a nice group of wingers and a D core with the potential to lead this team to many victories. They spent a decent amount of money on their D core but it was spent on guys without much experience in LG. The glaring hole I see for this team is goaltending. @CH0SEN1 x has proven to be a good goalie in the AHL and this team will be relying on him heavily as @fascetti84 once set the record for most losses in a season with 32. Hopefully throughout the season they can use their cap space to bolster the lineup as I see lots of potential for this group.

Key Pickups: @Ambient l37l @CH0SEN1 x @RAZER x1
    Depth Grades:
    G: [C+]
    Players To Watch: @Ambient l37l @ele905 @PahkTheCah1387 @fascetti84
    Projected Week 1 Record: [4-2-3]

5. Springfield Falcons

Most of Springfields offense will come from three players @Daquronic , @Rybs12 and @cflamesman14 . @Big bopper 17 and @Bizthebest have each had very productive seasons in the CHL within the past two seasons, whether they’ll produce in the AHL remains to be seen. @Krug x47 and @Beefskins will have their work cut out for them if this team is to have any chance at remaining competitive throughout the season. Not much I can say about the goaltending as GM @ZeroSlinky has less than 10 games in net in LG and @SirSnipeAlot22 has nothing to go off of.

Key Pickups: @Daquronic @Krug x47 @Rybs12
    Depth Grades:
    Players To Watch: @Daquronic @Krug x47 @cflamesman14
    Projected Week 1 Record: [4-3-2]

Eastern East - arnooney

1. Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins

WBS is highlighted by one of the best management duos in the league, @honesrule and @At43 . Tanaka always builds competitive teams, and this season looks like it is no different. WBS is right at the cap of 25 mil, spending high on three players in key positions on the team. There are rumblings of management issues at the NHL level, so how that affects this team will remain to be seen. @Parsnipes is a big pickup for the defense, especially in a very thin bidding list. After the top line, it is unclear how the other lines will pan out, since they have 5 centers on the team. @shanedman is a serviceable center and can win some draws. In the back end, there doesn’t appear to be much experience, and it looks like Tanaka may have gotten some steals on unknown players at 500k. @Bishop l30l is the clear cut starter on this team, and on a team that seems to be built mostly on offense, he will need to perform. WBS is one of the top teams in the league after bidding, and will most likely finish way ahead of everyone else in their division.

Key Pickups: @Parsnipes @Bishop l30l @Lethalsniper007
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [A]
    DEF:
    G: [A-]
    Players To Watch: @honesrule @At43 @Parsnipes @shanedman
    Projected Week 1 Record: [8-1-0]

2. Norfolk Admirals

Norfolk is a team that may surprise people. Both of the management @Diabolic Viper and @PuckinNutz are playing defense, so that allowed them to use their bids wisely. Norfolk has some good forwards, such as @youpild , @Gala D4W , @Cambrosi and @RICKAFISS . It appears Norfolk’s bidding strategy was finding good defense, and balanced forward lines because they spent a lot of money on only 4 defensemen. @KuhBoBo and @BadBuddah42 are good, experienced players in the back end. In net, Norfolk has two goalies who should be able to steal some games, especially with this D core in front of them. In the Eastern Conference, Norfolk can be a playoff contender, battling to be one of the top 8 teams.

Bidding Grade:
    Key Pickups: @KuhBoBo @BadBuddah42 @youpild @Cambrosi
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [B+]
    DEF:
    Players To Watch: @KuhBoBo @youpild @playmaker x 7 @Gala D4W

3. Binghamton Senators

Binghamton is led by @STEELERKID96 and @SportsFanatic73 , two guys from St John’s the past two seasons. After a long bidding war, they were able to get @I Beat Up Cakes for RW to help carry the team. He is a former linemate of mine back from Hershey in the VHL, real solid player and should be able to win most of his games regardless who he is playing with. @The Red Serpent is a good center stuck on a bad team last season, and should help with the offense. Beyond a first line in Binghamton, there aren’t many standouts, however and the lack of depth could be a problem. On defense, they picked up @AJ Hendricks and @l48l Hertl l48l who was also on that St John’s team. In net, they have two relatively unknown 500k goalies, so hopefully they can steal some games and will need some goal support from up front. I see Binghamton being a middle of the pack team this season, missing out on the playoffs in a deep Eastern Conference.

Bidding Grade:
    Key Pickups: @I Beat Up Cakes @The Red Serpent @AJ Hendricks
    Depth Grades:
    Players To Watch: @I Beat Up Cakes @STEELERKID96 @AJ Hendricks @ItsFatty1128
    Projected Week 1 Record: [5-4-0]

4. Lehigh Valley Phantoms

The Phantoms, relocating to Lehigh Valley this season, will undoubtedly be better than last year’s Phantoms. @TheYoungTurks1 is good management and won’t quit, even if the season isn’t going as planned. Joining him in management is @I The Legacy l , who will need to help carry the load on offense. There are not many notable names on this team, but who knows they might surprise people. Hopefully the defense and goaltending will keep the Phantoms in games on a night to night basis. @MrBlain3r and @Grapplerhoo126 should be good additions to the defense and will help out the starter in net @redwingfreak13 . He will literally need to be a freak, and also not quit, or it might be a long season in Lehigh Valley.

Key Pickups: @redwingfreak13 @Grapplerhoo126 @GettinFILTHY73
    Depth Grades:
    FWD:
    Players To Watch: @redwingfreak13 @I The Legacy l @Mr Blain3r
    Projected Week 1 Record: [3-5-1]

5. Hershey Bears

What in the world happened in Hershey? When the GM and AGM both quit before bidding even ends, you are going to be in for a long season. Before the bidding debacle happened, it appeared Hershey was off on the right foot, picking up some good forwards. @hicksy999 will probably lead the league in hits and PIMs again, and probably injure many players on his way. Newcomer @Egozcue x l17 was won in bidding for 4.25 mil, so hopefully he puts up big numbers. On defense, they have @stelene 7 and @cowboysmack . Hershey also does not have any goalies on the main roster, so hopefully the random assignments are ready to play right away. Hopefully someone on the team steps and becomes management for Hershey and they can stay competitive, but usually it doesn’t turn out that way.

Key Pickups: @hicksy999 @Egozcue x l17l @stelene 7
    Depth Grades:
    G: [D]
    Players To Watch: @hicksy999 @Egozcue x l17l @stelene 7 @cowboysmack

Projected Week 1 Record: [2-6-1]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 29
    arnooney
  2. arnooney

arnooney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    Western North - Riemersmaa

1. Utica Comets

Utica has the potential to be not only one of the strongest teams in their division, but also one of the top teams in their conference. They made some really nice pick ups in grabbing @Daydayyyy and @Martin Mcflyyy. The forwards on this team are looking like they could do some work on opposing D but may need to bring their A-game day in, day out, in order to keep opponent’s off of the score sheet. Outside of @cdog4086 they don’t have a relatively strong D core in my opinion, but they could shut me up pretty quick after week 1. The weak point on this team may be their goaltending and they certainly have a lot to prove without having much experience within the league.The only competition they should expect within their division will be from Hamilton so it should be smooth sailing for the Comets this year.

Key Pickups: @Daydayyyy @cdog4086 @Martin McFlyyy @IAmTheNotGood
    Depth Grades:
    Players To Watch: @Daydayyyy @cdog4086 @IAmTheNotGood

2. Hamilton Bulldogs

As a team that pushed out more than half their cap on two well known D-men, Hamilton will be looking for these guys to shut opposing forwards down in order to get some wins. @Gabby x 12 definitely has button skill and will be able to make those on his line look better in the meantime, so look for him to lead the charge on offense this season. They seem to have got a couple steals up front in bidding so this team certainly has potential to surprise other teams around the league. With two goaltenders who have no league experience, only time will tell if they have what it takes to shut down some of the best teams in the league.

Key Pickups: @Haunted Avocado @M4TTH45 @drunkinstab @Jokka 69
    Depth Grades:
    FWD:
    DEF: [B+]
    G: [C-]
    Players To Watch: @Gabby x 12 @Haunted Avocado @drunkinstab
    Projected Week 1 Record: [6-3-0]

3. Adirondack Flames

Honestly, I couldn’t tell you who a single player on this team is. They may be lucky to have a combined 50 games of LG experience, but this could prove to be a key for Adirondack. While these guys are relatively unknown, the presence of known disbander @xi Montreuil ix will look to bring some life into this team. I’m projecting a rough first week for this crew mainly on the fact that they’re complete randoms, but look for @tcogar93 to have a strong week in net and propel this club to a couple W’s.

Bidding Grade: [C-]
    Key Pickups: @xi Montreuil ix @x UnReaL 0nE x @Tcogar93
    Depth Grades:
    Players To Watch: @xi Montreuil ix @Coach C l 42 l @Tcogar93
    Projected Week 1 Record: [3-5-1]

4. Rochester Americans

Another unknown management team, another band of misfits. Seriously, where are these guys coming from? Outside of a few noticeable names this team is going to have a lot to prove. While the majority of these guys played in the CHL last season, there may be some hidden talent to look at and only time will tell. It’s not the fact that they played in the CHL last season, its the fact that the majority of them underperformed in the CHL. It could be a rough start for Rochester, and I think they’ll have a tough time proving many of their critics wrong, including myself.

Bidding Grade: [C-]
    Key Pickups: @Fruit Knocker @da jabrony @TripsOver3rdleg (For the name only)
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [C]
    DEF: [D+]
    Players To Watch: @da jabrony @Mabus Incarnate @Fruit Knocker
    Projected Week 1 Record: [2-7-0]

5. Toronto Marlies

This is definitely a 500k army if I’ve ever seen one. From my experience, this gameplan never seems to work out for the team. Weird. This is another team mainly built from former CHL players from last season who underperformed at that level. Look for @Ornithopers to try and carry this team to a somewhat respectable record, but it is not something I will see happening. In a depleted AHL this season, this may be one of the worst looking lineups heading into Week 1. Unless they spent more on the players who have not received contracts yet, they will have a lot of cap to work with and it will be in their best interest to be hitting the trade market as soon as possible.

Bidding Grade: [D]
    Key Pickups: @Ornithopers @The7thDefence .. I honestly couldn’t justify dignifying anyone else as a ‘key pickup’, I apologize.
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [D]
    DEF: [C-]
    G: [D]
    Players To Watch: @Ornithopers @The7thDefence
    Projected Week 1 Record: [1-7-1]

Western Midwest - The7thDefence

1. Lake Erie Monsters

With potentially the best goalie tandem in the AHL this team will do great provided @Zero Choice or @l30l MiLLeR are not called up to the NHL. @Scorgasm Xpert makes the change to forward from NHL defense this year and should be among the leaders of this team in points along with @SO WRECKED . Defensively this team has a solid top 4 with @XsW Fatal X87 being their top. As long as the bottom pair can play solid then this team will do well.

Key Pickups: @Zero Choice @SO WRECKED @XsW Fatal X87
    Depth Grades:
    FWD:
    G: [A]
    Players To Watch: @l30l MiLLeR @SO WRECKED @Scorgasm Xpert
    Projected Week 1 Record:[7-2-0]

2. Grand Rapids Griffins

This team can be strong and a contender for top in the division. Strong goaltending and defense will help push this team into the top 10 in the league. Forwards like @Ferrells and @l1l Toews l9l will need to play well to win games for the team. As long as @Astro x 72 and the rest of the defense play support to the forwards I expect a good season from this team. Goaltending is the teams strong point with @x Golden Aces x and @xCARPx L28L if they can continue from their CHL stats then these two could lead the league in goaltending stats.

Bidding Grade:
    Key Pickups: @Astro x 72 @l1l Toews l9l @Ferrells
    Depth Grades:
    DEF:
    G: [B+]
    Players To Watch: @Ferrells @Astro x 72 @o M a r c o 19
    Projected Week 1 Record: [6-3-0]

3. Chicago Wolves

The Wolves made some good pickups, getting @iJoopy for 1.25M and making a bold pickup on @Grogoon who has not played since LGNHL season 9. if he can continue the form he was putting up then, this team will do well offensively. Defensively, the team has a solid balance of defensive minded and offensive minded players, @LeGros x 66 and @L33T Ghostman might be the strongest on defense. This teams goaltending looks shaky @Safe Conduct is the only one who played last year and had a 75% save percentage in the CHL, if he can keep that save % then this team could be 1st or 2nd in the division.

Bidding Grade:
    Key Pickups: @Huberdeau x 11 @iJoopy @LeGros x 66 @Safe Conduct
    Depth Grades:
    Players To Watch: @Huberdeau x 11 @ShortyxLOSE @Grogoon
    Projected Week 1 Record: [5-2-2]

4. Rockford IceHogs

Rockford is light on defence other than @Safety Sieve and @King Smitty x63 who will be the top pairing. Offensively looks like they have a top line and then a few players to mix together to form a 2nd and 3rd. @ x gardiner 51 x could be a steal, I know he has skill. This team will need some lucky bounces to finish above .500 because of the lack of depth at all positions.

Key Pickups: @Safety Sieve @NUKE Freeman @SPIFF N RUM
    Depth Grades:
    FWD:
    G:
    Players To Watch: @x gardiner 51 x @SPLIFF N RUM @Safety Sieve

5. Milwaukee Admirals

Lacklustre team with only 15 players under contract and no GM. hard to determine the finishing position of this team. looks like the only position that was scouted was defence with over half of their salary used on four defence. Goaltending could be interesting, @Winston Payne has no stats but went for 3.25M so he may be a good pickup and definitely one to watch, he may steal some wins for a team that will desperately need them

Key Pickups: @TylerC2006 @Elias l26l
    Depth Grades:
    DEF:
    Players To Watch: @TylerC2006 @Elias l26l @Winston Payne
    Projected Week 1 Record: [2-7-0]

Western West - iCh3ap

1. San Antonio Rampage

San Antonio has plucked a lot of offensive talent from the CHL. @DatsyukianDeke0 was a member of the Memorial Cup Champions Volt’s and finished the season with an impressive 91 points. @l1l Sharp l0l is another Elite player from the CHL last season who is expected to put up big numbers. @a tribe cq was very active during scouting and is worth every penny of his 1.25 mill contract. Goaltending is also looking solid for this team. @justhoffme had a very hot season in the CHL during Season 3 and if he can find his winning ways with San Antonio, they are going to be the team to beat this season. All in all the Rampage look like a very strong team, look for them near the top of the standings.

Key Pickups: @justhoffme @DatsyukianDeke0 @l1l Sharp l0l
    Depth Grades:
    FWD: [A]
    DEF:
    G:
    Players To Watch: @justhoffme , @a tribe cq

2. Oklahoma City Barons

This team is full of decent players with contracts that had me scratching my head. @lDatsyuk x l13l and @VINNIE KEYS have made some interesting bidding decisions. @Vargy x 66 who played in the CHL last season for the dominant Saskatchatoon Blades was signed for 6mill. Clearly management feels he’s ready for the AHL. @DrewPeacawk6969 is another newcomer to the league and was also signed to a questionable contract of 3.5 mill. That being said, they still have 4.75 Mill left on the cap. With that much room you can bet Management is anxious for the trade window to open. Look for Oklahoma City to make a couple blockbuster trades in the coming days.

Key Pickups: @XxAIRSOFTx37xX @Vargy x 66
    Depth Grades:
    G: [C+]
    Players To Watch: @Vargy x 66 @DrewPeacawk6969

3. Charlotte Checkers

NHL 15 marks the start of a new year for the Charlotte Checkers. Last season Charlotte left on a sour note. Management was removed along with others members and the rest of the team was left to pick up the pieces. This season, @shortman 148 and @coolhandcondon are at the helm and look to be making steps in the right direction to bring honor to what could be the sharpest jerseys in the league. We’ll start with the elephant in the room, [FONT=verdana @[URL="http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/member.php?u=12611"]Il J Rock Il[/URL]
    is the center stone for this organization. At 7.25 Mill. the Checkers are expecting big things, along with the rest of the league. @drewiski was then signed to a 3.25 mill contract meaning that 10.5mill was locked up in just 2 defencemen. Will this heavy loading pay off for the Checkers?

Key Pickups: @Il J Rock Il @drewiski @X kostitsyn 46
    Depth Grades:
    DEF:
    Players To Watch: @Il J Rock Il @IXI Ein IXI

4. Texas Stars

Texas appears to have built their team to have some balanced scoring and good goaltending. Forwards such as @Day43 , @Fathead l15l , and @MeXGsX18 should help carry this offense. Unfortunately, there aren’t many notable names on defense, except @x factor 95 . The GM is new to management, so @Th3 Weeknd xoxo may need some assistance from @Macstagers . Goaltending should not be an issue, as @Iamrevolutionz can hold his own and will steal some games this season.

Key Pickups: @x factor 95 @Fathead l15l @F0RSY @dmitch420
    Depth Grades:
    DEF:
    G:
    Players To Watch: @Day43 @F0RSY @Iamrevolutionz @Arm a g3t it 0n
    Projected Week 1 Record: [5-4-0]

5. Iowa Wild

The scouting report on this Iowa team will be to cover the left side. Spending 7.75 mill on left wingers alone there is no doubt this team wants to overwhelm teams offensively. This team is also full of newcomers with big contracts. @lCl MALKIN x 71 @TwistedDreams27 and @syk all signed for a combined 7 mill. It seems Iowa may know something the rest of league does not. Iowa may look sharp up front but their defence worries me. Spending 5mill on @J3WBS may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but he can’t play every game and I don’t see much support behind him.Lets hope this doesn’t come back to bite the Wild in the ass.

Bidding Grade: [C]
    Key Pickups: @J3WBS @wuB twice @WillNetsky
    Depth Grades:
    DEF: [C-]
    Players To Watch: @TwistedDreams27 @WillNetsky
    Projected Week 1 Record: [4-4-1]

As voted on by the writers, here is the cumulative top 10 in the AHL Post-Bidding:

1. WBS Penguins

2. Adirondack Flames

3. Hartford Wolfpack

4. Albany Devils

5. Bridgeport Sound Tigers

6. Portland Pirates

7. Utica Comets

8. Binghamton Senators

9. Hamilton Bulldogs

10. Rochester Americans

Also Receiving votes: Texas Stars, Syracuse Crunch, Chicago Wolves, Norfolk Admirals, Oklahoma City Barons, Lake Erie Monsters, Grand Rapids Griffins, Manchester Monarchs

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 34
    arnooney
  3. Nex l26l

Nex l26l I didn't finish high school

Ratings:
    +809 / 37 / -51
    Very in-depth.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. WhiteSilence14

WhiteSilence14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  5. The Red Serpent

The Red Serpent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Great write up man!

• Like Like x 2
    The_RedSerpent
  6. Crabby Crawfish

Crabby Crawfish Spread the Crabs

Discord:
    creb12#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -2
    I will need to be carried.

• Like Like x 2
    CrabbyCrawfish
  7. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    winstonpayne_#0
    Ratings:
    +1,185 / 0 / -2
    Nice write-ups. Milwaukee's management issues are back under control with [MENTION=12628]l39lManthal39l[/MENTION] back as GM. There was a mix-up which resulted in his temporary removal but it has since been sorted out. I feel that our team is underrated in the rankings and that we will win more than 2 games this week, but the projections just give us something to prove.

• Like Like x 2
    winstonpayne_
  8. Jacob8hockey

Jacob8hockey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good to see my team at 2nd. Hopefully Ill see my name in the conversation soon enough.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. AshtonArmy

AshtonArmy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Great to see my name on the Power ranking list for the first time ever. The LG series will be making its way back this week

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Shake703

Shake703 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 6 / -2
    Thanks for the rankings! Part of that un-tested Utica Comets Defensive squad looking to prove themselves tonight. :)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Spidey

Spidey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I like being on the Americans because I'm American, how about that!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Macstagers

Macstagers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Good write up......Texas stars might shock a few people this year. Gl to all the teams and let's have a great season

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. WhiteSilence14

WhiteSilence14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    Great group power rankings write up. Keep the work up!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Vargy

Vargy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +190 / 12 / -9
    Nice write up. Thanks for the mention and good luck to all teams this season!

• Like Like x 1
    vargy66
  15. Scumbag Jared

Scumbag Jared #7

Ratings:
    +315 / 15 / -19
    Nice write up

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    [TABLE="class: cms_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG]Providence Bruins[/TD]
    [TD]@I Smash Fatties[/TD]
    [TD](Left Defense)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Sup.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. jtrim94

jtrim94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrim94#4533
    Ratings:
    +215 / 4 / -6
    Go flames coach is my boiii

• Like Like x 1
    vezytv1
  18. YippyKiYey

YippyKiYey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Just saw this, thanks for the kind words. I however don't think I am a 'key' pick up. Hope the Jr. Bruins do well this season, got a few people on the team I know so should be fun. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  19. Arm a g3t it 0n

Arm a g3t it 0n Well-Known Member

Discord:
    armag3tit0n#0
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yip are you refunding everyone's money or do you need it for your child support

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. honesrule

honesrule What's an RT?

Discord:
    honesrule#0
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -18
    good read

• Like Like x 1
    honesrule