Playoff Etiquette

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    lol I wanna hear this story. Entertain me

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    Ouch.

No Streaming Account
  3. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    First off, what is your deal, why are you being a prick? I didnt come at you in my responses I answered accordingly to what you wrote. I admitted I see your side on some of the issues. Anyways

1.) My management is fine im talking about other managers filing complaints over small things to get an advantage. Does it really matter if my lines are 5 minutes late, i switch out a player i had confirmed earlier or if i sub a player in for his game and a then said play in for the other game. What does it matter if they are both getting their games in. I just think things such as late lines, a missing picture, and illegal line substitutions should not warrant a playoff game by forcing a team to take a penalty or overturning a game completely after it was played

2.) Youre look at this wrong, all i am saying is if a lag out occurs we should quit out next whistle. It is a 6v6 league its meant to be played 6on6. It handcuffs your team and its something you cannot control, lag out, power out, xbox freeze. Your team shouldnt be punished because of something they cannot control.A player should not have to sit out the entire period if they lag out and the punishment is the penalty when the game is resumed. The injuries have nothing to do with it i was just stating that might be something people will say would happen more, but people who quit bc they are injured do it now already changing the rule to help everyone else isnt going to hurt anyone. I am not saying this should be done all season long just for playoffs bc it is too important of a game to have decided by a lag out not to mention like u said the pictures would be slightly more difficult but thats why i said 2 lag outs and u need to find a roster sub or ECU.

3.) I didnt say you dont know if you can make it i said you dont know if you cannot make it theres a difference. I think im available every night but if something comes up thats important im not gonna take LG over it sorry. You seem to agree here but like u said it can be abused in the sense of another player not seeing their 2 games, which if they dont mind or dont file a complaint should not matter in my opinion.

4.) The line changing thing does not seem to be cares for by many people but my team has not had a problem with it all season. We did it a lot to match lines and people did not always report us and no one on my team really cared. If everyone signed up for that night I would message the people i was debating on putting in and tell them not sure who were going with can you be on do you care and if they said no i would do it. I only do it when theres 2 games in a night not 1 its usually just to decide who is gonna play what time so no one cares. A lot of teams and players have a problem with this but I dont see why what we do should effect anyone else if we are all cool with it then why should it costs us a penalty, makes no sense.

5.) I added fighting after OvenMitts said something I dont do it ever but like i wrote its in the game you know people are gonna do it but damn dude are you alright youre gettin way too upset over this shit, its just a discussion thread

think one of the things i wrote either 3 or 4 responds to your message too @StickyMarmalade

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  4. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    It is? So if Crosby hypothetically hits Thornton, and John Scott tries to fight him afterwards, do you honestly think Crosby in his right mind fights Scott and trades himself for the other teams most useless player for 5 minutes + time until the next whistle?

1) Its literally an instigator penalty every time "in the game", i.e. in real hockey (2 for instigator, 5 for fighting, 10 minute misconduct).
    2) Involuntary fighting does not exist in real hockey. Your gloves don't automatically fly off against your will after hitting someone too hard, especially when you're a skill player with 20 PIMs all season.
    3) The only people I've ever seen support fighting in 6v6 leagues are people that aren't very good at the game

Its part of the game, sure, but not as EA has it programmed.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  5. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    Forcing someone to fight against their will with no repercussion is not part of hockey.

• Like Like x 1
    bearditv
  6. SoGringo8040

SoGringo8040 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59
    You usually have good things to say and put a lot of care into online 6s. But fighting is apart of hockey, if your player shoots after the whistle and has dropped a few points why not send someone to fight him and get him off the ice. That shit happens in real life hockey all the time, same with big hits. It's a simulation league based off real life hockey. If you have a big issue with fighting quit and join the FIFA league. Heard that's expanding pretty quick too.

No Streaming Account
  7. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Fuck that if the teams best player is stupid enough to take a late shot or make a huge hit then yes if the worst player in my lineup wants to drop the gloes then so be it.

As for the lagouts or players having connection issues, its in the rules so there will be people who are going to abuse it and there is nothing you can do to prove they arent having issues.

As management people should know the rules on late lines and illegal subs. If someone does something illegal then file a compaint.

cross_x_check
  8. SoGringo8040

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59

Both players sit for 5min, fights happen in real life hockey after big hits (dirty or not) I don't agree sometimes with a clean blow up hit that follows with a fight (cough cough bruins) but it happens. Also you shoot the puck after the whistle in real life hockey expect someone to take a run at you, even worse when you run the goalie.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    Ever hear the word "instigator"?

bearditv
  10. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    You better drop some bags for me tonight I'll be watching.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by Coach Denham [​IMG]
    Game 7's should not come down to missing a picture in a game because someone can't fix their internet. NJ is scared of Bad Brad and the crew so they need their advantages. TRIX ARE FOR KIDS.

lol this is the shit im talking about . . . Im sure he tried to get the 5 on 3 so they were like hes gonna be a dick well be dicks and they reported the picture. Shit like this is what im saying takes away from playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  12. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    I wouldnt have said anaything denham, but you guys filed a complaint for a guy changing his GT and not changing it on the site.

Still <3 you

• Like Like x 1
    kipper86
  13. Ahernn

Ahernn Captain of LG Meme Team

Ratings:
    +1,569 / 2 / -9
    "Dope players make dope plays in dope moments" - JAYLON SIMMONS aka mfricha

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  14. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    Sorry I was "stupid" enough to throw a clean hit on someone and play defense as they were cutting to the net. There is no way to discern how hard you're going to hit someone in this game. Not to mention in real life, again, you can just turtle, keep your gloves on, and watch as the idiot on the other team gets an instigator penalty if you aren't a fighter yourself. That or someone on your team that actually fights steps in for you. What you're also failing to realize that in real hockey, you have 18 skaters on your bench. You aren't replaced with a rando from the crowd which is basically the equivalent to the bots in this game. Further proving my point, the only people I've ever seen support fighting in 6v6 hockey are people who aren't very good at it.

As @lan Morando once said, this community sucks.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  15. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Again i dont have a problem with fighting i dont do it ever bc its stupid and i think like Mitts said its classless bc theres nothing you can do about it especially when its a clean hit or someone bumps you into the G, they press Y and you have to fight. Anyways that is the least of all the things i was talking about but im just talking about how the playoffs seem to be tainted as everyone seems to take every scumbag advantage they can like its life or death or theres a million dollars on the line instead of just playing and seeing whos better to decide who moves on.

The rules are in place for a reason and I try my best to follow them as do most of us but sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise and we have to make an adjustment to help our team out best i just think its stupid when people report that bc we arent breaking any major rule just a small stipulation as in a late line or someone playing there 2 games but in games 5 and 6 not beforehand because they were unavailable.

In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  16. Pandaleupagus

Pandaleupagus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pandaleupagus#0
    Ratings:
    +756 / 38 / -40
    i do not suck!

• Like Like x 1
    Panda_l25l
  17. La Leche XXVIII

La Leche XXVIII 100% Gluten Free

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -2
    Festivus is not over till you pin me. Stop crying and fight your father!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    adamtalkthai
  18. SoGringo8040

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59

If there was an instigator penalty assessed that would be an additional 2min to that player, which if it was a clean open ice hit during play it would fall on the team that started the fight, or to a player who clearly was an instigator which would be in that case as I just stated. A shot after the whistle, hit on a goalie or something of that matter an instigator penalty would not happen. Actually in real hockey the player who shot the puck or hit the goalie (hitting goalie would be a 2, 5, or 5+GM for charge) would actually be down for a longer period of time than the player who stepped up to fight.

No Streaming Account
  19. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Being a prick? I'm countering all your suggestions with clear knowledge proving every point is stupid.

1) If management doesn't follow the rules they deserve to get burnt, they're there for a reason deal with it.

2) Yes, this is a 6v6 league, but backing out right away when someone lags out, taking 6 pictures, then waiting 20 minutes to go back to the proper time then have an idiot attempt to take a penalty is WAY too time consuming and changing the rules we had all season just for playoffs is stupid.

3) People don't deserve their game taken away because one fuck-stick no shows his game, simple as that. When people signed up they made a commitment, if they don't uphold said commitment why do they deserve to take the game off someone else?

4) IF this is every implemented, it should only be usable tuesdays and wednesdays, simple as that.

5) How am I upset? I'm simply disputing all your points aside from the lines. It's just annoying to see the same "omg stupid fighting this is a 6v6 league omg forcing me to fight" shit every season. It's fucking stupid. If you're taking runs at people, or you shot at the goalie after a whistle, someones gonna try to fight you. It's pretty damn straight forward.

iMackie21
  20. xH3XTx

xH3XTx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The Irony of this post is truly unbelievable. Pot, meet kettle.

No Streaming Account