Week 5 is LIVE! Post round discussions here!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, Feb 9, 2015.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Good luck out there! IMO, two very pretty courses to enjoy. Hope you agree!

All rounds due by Sunday the 15th, 11:59 PM!

fkncommishlb
  2. dylan42

dylan42 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I found Brookwater a tough little course for my 1st round. A good course though the ball seems to run scared of the hole a lot.

No Streaming Account
  3. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Lol.
    Ah, I know that feeling when the ball gets a little shy and won't go where you want it too.

Congrats on your major win dylan42, great playing. :D

I have never played Brookwater before, I'm going to have to play a couple of practice rounds to see what it is like.

No Streaming Account
  4. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Seem to be a good few downhill runs behind the hole. Thank you blueorfe for you congrats. :D

No Streaming Account
  5. mes5107

mes5107 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Nice little course. Nothing is straight. It forces you to shape a lot of shots and there's a couple of tough pin placements where you need to sink long putts for birdie.

No Streaming Account
  6. Adambm85

Adambm85 Well-Known Member Requires Vetting

Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -5
    The first was a real test for shaping your shot, plus putting was a little tricky

No Streaming Account
  7. nvyscporet

nvyscporet Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It was a tough course due to lots of shot shaping. But never played it before so I went into blind but played well to my standards. Congrats dylan:wink: on your win last week. Nice shooting

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Finished Brookwater and found this course doesn't give you anything you don't snatch lol. Managed a few eagles over the rounds that saved my ass. Here's 3[video=youtube;4zOz4Ork-Eo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOz4Ork-Eo[/video]

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. blueorfe

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Nice eagle dylan42.

This course is so frustrating, on the one hand it is a very well thought out and beautiful looking course. The designer certainly knows how to make an interesting course, making you move the ball to get to the best look at the pin, I really enjoyed that.

On the other hand there are the greens! Every single one of them are a nightmare to putt on. 90% of the holes are cut on top of a rise, so the chances of getting the ball close from your approach shot is very tough to start with, then you have to judge every putt to perfection so that it doesn't roll a way past the hole. Because they are set up like this it is very difficult to pick a line, many times I thought I had a straight putt as there were no lines moving, only for the ball to veer off one way or the other.

I know the course is pretty short, so it needs some protection. I just felt that it went a little too far regarding fair pin placements.

This course would have been added to my favourites for sure if the greens were more consistent and fairer.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    With you 100%, Orfe. I actually faired better than I anticipated in the tourney, but chipped in about 8 or 9 times. Felt better chipping than i did putting because it seemed I always had the lines on the grid! It was a super fun course, but those grid problems hampered it a bit

jdforthy
  11. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you 2 guys. It didn't matter how well I hit it, was still kind of in the lap of the gods where it finished. It felt like the flags were all placed on top of a shallow pyramid, with the ball always moving away. So many times I thought I'd hit it perfect only to end up 20+ ft away. The designer needs to do another version of this course with a full remodel of the greens. Gr8 shooting blueorfe, you seemed to figure it out, final 2 rounds.

No Streaming Account
  12. GringoinaCaddy

GringoinaCaddy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hacked in round 3 and 4 to end up with a -41. Not happy seeing as I shot alot better in a practice round here. Just had to many lip outs and to win you cant have that. My goal was -50 and I came up way short of that. Ohh well theres always next week.

No Streaming Account
  13. blueorfe

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Yeah, I managed to get on a roll at the weekend, my first two rounds will probably cost me the chance of winning though.

I agree about the remodeling idea, the course is very good and I would be interested in playing another version of it. I really like difficult courses, I just felt that this one was a little tricked up, so it becomes frustrating rather than enjoyable.

Here is one of many putts that completely fooled me around here

[video=youtube_share;oiQEpXX4_ik]http://youtu.be/oiQEpXX4_ik[/video]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  14. CGib2

CGib2 Semi Pro Golfer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree with everyone's assessment. Course design was very well thought out, with a lot of shot shaping and uphill/downhill lies. Par 5's were all reachable, but, you had to land the ball perfectly on the green to avoid rollout to the fringe or rough. Breaks on the green were inconsistent, with a couple of putts that showed no break, yet, the ball mysteriously broke left or right at the hole. Had one putt that looked like a 12 inch break, yet, went dead straight. Great course layout, bad green layout.

No Streaming Account
  15. blueorfe

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Lack lustre display at Wentworth Lakes.

I think I have played too many competitive rounds today, finally burned out here!

I just couldn't get it going at all, I played some very questionable shots on a course that I have memories of good play from quite a while back.
    -3 for the 8 par 5's says it all, even though most aren't reachable birdies should be made with smart play.
    Playing the TGCT Euro before this was probably a mistake as I went from slow greens to pretty quick ones here.
    It was fairly windy, but I can't use that as an excuse. I just didn't play well enough, at least I rallied a little on my second round.

Well played TheTwizzler1974 on your -49 at Brookwater, fantastic play. I see that you had 8 eagles!! Wow. :-D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  16. TheTwizzler1974

TheTwizzler1974 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, i too was trying to get that -50 but just couldnt get that last one. The course is very tough with the fairway kicks and the pin placements. I played to practice rounds and think thats what helped with my scores. Wentworth lake is definitely tough and i dont care to play it any time soon.

No Streaming Account
  17. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    I was so unhappy with myself on Brookwater, only finishing with 2 eagles on the par 5s when I had so many chances to cash in. I feel like what happens on those par 5s will dictate how the tournament will go.

No Streaming Account
  18. blueorfe

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I agree with you there Bardock.

I had an eagle putt or makeable chip on probably 90% of those par 5's, as they are all reachable. But the putts/chips didn't seem to want to go in the hole.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Two really interesting courses this week. Both were a lot tougher than the yardage would suggest. Gr8 picks.

No Streaming Account
  20. Double Bogey

Double Bogey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Great job picking the courses. Although this tour doesn't have numbers others do, the courses are far superior imo.

I loved the greens. There's a fine line between challenging and ridiculous. As long as you c an keep the ball from rolling 10 ft away or off the green, I'm happy.

Hopefully they will come up with some way to make the wind fair so we can start having windy tourneys. In my perfect world the winning score would be in the -20s.

No Streaming Account