Riemersmaa's Eastern Conference Playoff Analysis

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Riemersmaa, May 1, 2015.

1. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    This is my first attempt at writing up any sort of playoff predictions for the league. If it is up to the satisfaction of the community I will continue doing these for the duration of the playoffs, whether my team is eliminated or not. If there's something you don't like, I probably don't care but feel free to post your opinions anyways. Enjoy!

Eastern Conference

:t316:Norfolk Admirals vs :t302:Lehigh Valley Phantoms

Norfolk Admirals: The Presidents Trophy winners dominated competition all season long and enter the playoffs on a tear winning their last 17 of 19. @Cronsky and @mr perfect 48 have a done an excellent job of obtaining guys that are capable to win this team a ship. With Cronsky, the top line also bolsters @Bknottz92 and @PaRRsy who have played together for years which leads to great chemistry. The depth of this team is obvious and will prove to be frustrating for opposing teams throughout these playoffs.

Players to Watch: @PaRRsy @MIKE l81l @XpVoIpIs

Lehigh Valley Phantoms: It may have taken a full 82 games, but Lehigh Valley claimed the 8th spot on the last day of the season by surpassing the Hershey Bears. Led by @CT 66 the Phantoms’ first line can usually battle on any given night. The question remains whether Lehigh Valley will have enough depth to make a playoff run. Their defense looks average at best upon a quick look and they will have to rely on GM, @TheYoungTurks1 to hold down the fort if they expect to advance into the second round.

Players to Watch: @CT 66 @Dat Wizardry @TheYoungTurks1

Analysis: If Lehigh Valley’s top line can steal a game against the @Cronksy line it could make for an interesting series. However, I think Norfolk has far too much firepower and depth in their lineup to let this series get out of hand. If management does a good job of line matching expect this to be a short series so Cronksy can head to Tim’s for a post-game Iced Cap.

Series Prediction: 4-1 Norfolk Admirals

:t310:Springfield Falcons vs :t315:Bridgeport Sound Tigers

Springfield Falcons: Springfield enters the playoffs with one of the most explosive offenses throughout the regular season which is due largely in part to well known players @Martin ScoresEZ @x Ennis l63l x and @TheAngryNachos. However, the defenders and goaltending also deserve some credit as they have done a solid job of holding opposing teams in check all season. Forward turned defenceman @hotwinglol has been a force and along with @BoogerSnap and @Banak he has added a presence to the D-line that makes scoring against Springfield a struggle on the best of nights.

Players to Watch: @x Ennis l63l x @BoogerSnap @Matt l85l

Bridgeport Sound Tigers: If there is any top line in the league that could challenge Norfolk’s, it would be Bridgeports. Carried by the robot himself, @lan Morando Bridgeport will look to make a deep run in the playoffs despite finishing as the 7 seed. With one of the deeper lineups in the league, Bridgeport will rely on a strong offense to make up for the slightly less attractive defense they seem to bolster. When @CH0SEN1 x is on his game, it can be debated Bridgeport displays one of the best goalie tandems in the league.

Players to Watch: @lan Morando @Kroeger 25 @CH0SEN1 x

Analysis: In my opinion I think this is going to be a fairly high scoring series. Bridgeport seems to display the better top line, but Springfield can handle themselves against any opponent. This series has the potential to go all seven games and when the dust is settled it could display one of the bigger upsets of the first round, if you could even call it an upset. Both teams have the ability to make a deep run into the playoffs, and it wouldn’t surprise me if you seen one of them in the Calder Cup Finals.

Series Prediction: 4-3 Bridgeport Sound Tigers

:t352:providence Bruins vs :t303:Binghamton Senators

Providence Bruins: Obviously a team that has made themselves the most hated throughout the league, you still have to tip your cap to these guys for even making it into the playoffs after the disastrous start to the season they had experienced. @ShortyxLOSE has done a swell job of firing the forums up and will attempt to fire the Senators up on the ice. How You Doing Bahd?! In all seriousness, @Some fat gezer and @l Bolts x 91 l have done a good job of turning this team around, and if @snacksz23 can continue dominating in net, they could turn a few heads.

Players to Watch: @PRUST X 8 @ram0s89 @snacksz23

Binghamton Senators: Binghamton seemed to falter in the last couple of weeks but put together a strong final week to solidify their position in the Season 20 playoffs. The line of @The Red Serpent @x2tone001 and @xxlArmy0f0nelxx have been dominant all season and will look to carry their regular season achievements to the postseason. @xSEBBYx13x has put together a solid team and with the late season #FreeAgentFriday addition of @ATwerkingDwarf this team shows a lot of potential. If @TDK95 can become the player he talks about this could be a team everyone should keep their eye on.

Players to Watch: @xxlArmy0f0nelxx @shootingh @TDK95

Analysis: If there was an ‘upset’ in this series, I wouldn’t be overly surprised. I believe the Senators display the better top line and just have too much firepower for Providence to handle in this series. @snacksz23 is going to have to play the series of his life if Providence is going to see the light of day in Round 2, and I just can’t see him shutting the top two lines of Binghamton down in this series.

Series Prediction: 4-2 Binghamton Senators

:t314:Hartford Wolf Pack vs :t309:Syracuse Crunch

Hartford Wolf Pack: Being my team I won’t say much, but I will say @Smitterr and @arnooney put together a solid team with a lot a depth. With a lot of the forwards playing a solid two-way style and @Crabby Crawfish in between the pipes, Hartford has consistently made it tough for opposing teams to put the puck in the net.

Players to Watch: @l Helmet x 28 l @Smitterr @Crabby Crawfish

Syracuse Crunch: Syracuse is another team that features three solid lines who can get the job done each and every night. They play an intense, fast paced style which can put opposing teams on the ropes at times. The line of @DatsyukianDeke0, @Drake0807, and @SpruceMoose91 can challenge any line on any given night which makes them a tough opponent. @Prowsey8 and @hutch2323 have done a great job of acquiring talented players who can diminish an opposing teams’ confidence which should make for an interesting series.

Players to Watch: @Ambient l37l @Prowsey8 @Gally x l27l

Analysis: Both teams have a lot of depth and have shown that they can adapt their style on any given night. Availability may play a huge role in this series if management expects to line match in an attempt to gain an edge. Look for this series to be one of the most exciting ones to watch in the first round as both teams have potential to make a deep run throughout these playoffs.

Series Prediction: N/A

I will be doing up the West at some point today, and will post in another thread.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 33
    Riemersma11
  2. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    Great write up Riems, best of luck to everyone in the Playoffs.

PS. I do love my Iced Capps ;)

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. oO BLaCK Oo

oO BLaCK Oo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -1
    Great write-up. Your predictions seem to be fair. Good luck to everyone, should be awesome series for most part. May the best team win!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    Some good matchups I'm the 1st round. I'm interested to see the Bridgeport/Springfield series and the Hartford/Syracuse series as those two series are gonna be great and go to 7.

P.s. any streamers on these teams?

P.s.s. good writeup

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Clancy47

Clancy47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -6
    I'll be streaming my games.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. Datsyuk709

Datsyuk709 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    datsyuk709#0
    Ratings:
    +510 / 18 / -18
    I'll be streaming my games. As well as [MENTION=11233]hutch2323[/MENTION] and/or [MENTION=10271]Prowsey8[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 3
    datsyukianxdeke
  7. arnooney

arnooney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    Nice writeup, as for streaming no one on Hartford does unfortunately. I have tried in the past but my internet didn't react very well.

arnooney
  8. BoogerSnap

BoogerSnap Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. We don't like to keep streamers on the team. Best of luck to Bridgeport and everyone else in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Clancy47

Clancy47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -6
    Anything for you, bb.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Heimbecker

Heimbecker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +817 / 31 / -2
    Quit being a pussy and predict your series... Lmao good write up josh [MENTION=10103]Bknottz92[/MENTION] [MENTION=3798]PaRRsy[/MENTION] [MENTION=10264]Cronksy[/MENTION] will bring home the cup. Midas not even continue with the playoffs.

• Like Like x 5
    Heimbecker07
  11. Windtroop

Windtroop Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Windtroop#0619
    Ratings:
    +201 / 14 / -25
    Windtroop
  12. K U R B i O

K U R B i O LG’s #1 Handsome Devil

Discord:
    K U R B i O#2788
    Ratings:
    +692 / 29 / -72
    Good work buddy !!! Solid write up !!!

k_u_r_b_i_o
  13. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    The tribe has spoken...

• Like Like x 6
    Jay_Rulez
  14. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Midas_pic.jpg .....

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    I don't think I have my cords for my capture card. I'll try to find them before my first game with Hartford.

Good write up.

• Like Like x 2
    footenhl
  16. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    good luck foote

No Streaming Account
  17. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord: