Lgfa week 2 update

Discussion in 'LGFA - Players Association' started by Bottomless Pit, May 12, 2015.

1. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    New this week:

What's coming next week

Details details:

You won’t see toooo much different in Article 1. However, we have tried to elaborate on
    the staff roles individually (Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Player’s Association President and Vice-President). We also included an overview of the role of Owners, GM’s, AGM’s and Players (Roster and Training Camp players). This article mostly defines the expectations of staff. Management and players are detailed in other Articles.

1. In place of a TC league, the PA is introducing “Semi-open” LGFA clubs.

1. LGFA Media - still working out technology barriers, but designing so that anyone interested can contribute. The goal is to have a weekly show, and possibly a show prepared the evening after a game night by possibly 6 pm. It will be broken down into smaller tasks so that anyone part of the LGFA Media team won’t be drowned in work - but rather do a portion of the work they can handle. DESPERATELY need some help with a digital video+music intro. Don’t know how? That’s ok, you can be taught. Trying to design this all with completely free tools so anyone interested can help.

1. Project: Management Training

1. LGFA Help Desk - there’s alot of videos and articles in the Help Desk that apply to ALL leagues, but they are geared to the LGHL community. The plan is to create identical videos & articles but specific to LGFA or at least with LGFA content to answer many common questions.

1. Who are the staff? Here’s their gamertag’s and position. A link will be posted later in the season where you can read a brief ‘blurb’ that each will be putting together about themselves.

Unknown ETA:

• Project: MLS East VA West All Star Game - reason inaccurate stats submission, daily and weekly rankings (already here)

What we have seen so far (summary):
    First, feel free to contact me regarding anything discussed in this post. The door is open, but understand there are some details I am unable to disclose. I am happy to discuss any scenarios, issues, or rules in general but it is YOUR responsibility to read and understand them. "I didn't know." is not an acceptable defense. Don't want strikes or bans, then know the rules and don't break them.

2nd, I see and hear a lot of complaints about many things in the summary above...and yet no one has talked or messaged me about any of it. I see some complaints in the action center with decisions which some are unhappy about. I have only been involved with 1 item. There's a lack of proof on both sides of the equation which comes with need for education. If you don't like the decision, contact me through pm or private chat, then post your appeal WITH the new evidence. Owners and management need to do the same but adressing It to BOG's.

3rd, while the league has many issues with management and players, we still have a fairly 'normal' season with dominant, average and weak teams. Taco has also changed roles to address the issues with DC. (Thank you). Note: the Deputy Commissioner spot remains "open". Nine retains all commissioner duties. Any question about the open spot should be sent to him.

4th, "Quality management" continues you be an Issue. Each member or management team brings strengths and weaknesses. It is not an Issue that will be fixed overnight, but is improving in greater strides each season. Players have a significant part to play in this issue also. Both players and management need to learn to work together as a team. When the other side is not cooperating, try to work It out. If that can't be done either report any infractions through the action center or use options available through your player rights in the constitution.

5th, Anyone found to be bashing the league or intentionally causing issues for the sake of doing so faces the possibility of a ban without the need for explanation or strikes. From my perspective @nine10thsof1sec has been beyond lenient. Do not believe for a second it has gone unnoticed or that leniency will always be present.

6th, LGFA Media. We all want more coverage, video, news, etc to build up the intensity of the competition. it makes playing a game (even if at the bottom of the standings) more entertaining. Appearing on a highlight real makes you more marketable to other teams. What we need more than anything is to constantly be posting our streams for each game in the weekly threads and to make them automatically appear in the streams section and chat box. Don't know how? Watch this video....then get on the pitch and give us something worth watching:

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Bottomless_Pit
  2. I Smell A Taco

I Smell A Taco LGFA Bum

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -2
    @bottomeless pit, who are you to say there's no ALL-star game? im the one the came up with the idea, if i keep on doing TOTW then, we will have an all-star game is not up to you. its up to someone/ people wanting to do it. So please watch what you say, you are just a PA president not the Commish or owner of the league. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    I_Smell_A_Taco
  3. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Maverik19
  4. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    [MENTION=12870]I Smell A Taco[/MENTION] - dude, I'm stating only what I know up to the point of this release. Things can always be updated - so chill.

By all means, I welcome any assistance for anything that draws attention to the league so long as it is fair and takes us in a positive growth direction. All I said is that there is no ETA. I never said there is NO all-star game. I also hinted that I'm uncertain of how fair an All-Star game can be done THIS season and uncertain if it is something that will be do-able. Thank you for letting us know that you will still be doing that....and for the record...I do look forward to your return to staff next season.

Also remember you're "Just" an owner (for now) and not staff at the moment. I'm just trying to do all I can for the players in my role. With that in mind...get off your pony. We both know there's alot of 'work' to be done here. Grow up and handle it in private. This is not necessary.

I'll take this opportunity to give you a little advice - as an owner/player-
    ... stop mouthing off at the staff. We all have our roles. We all have other lives. While there's always room for improvement and things to do you're not going to motivate anyone with a negative attitude. I agree - a lack of action or reaction to various things does not "motivate" either....but these 'frustrations' is something the entire community is trying to get through......if you want to continue throwing jabs at each other I'm sure there's plenty of members that would love a more entertaining way for us to do this.....otherwise - shove it.

As far as ME being "Commish" or "Owner" of the league - 1. You have changed roles which means you are no longer Deputy Commish. 2. In the presence of lack of leadership from the "Commissioners Office" I am stepping up to some degree...and I have made numerous attempts to handle this privately and diplomatically with little to no success. 3. While I am PA President, I intend on utilizing whatever time I have in this position (be it just this season or many more) to do everything I can to build this league up on multiple fronts at once - hence numerous projects and plenty of communication to the community. I said it from the beginning: I am here for the players and to do what I can to make this league in to what I see it growing in to....to do my part by representing the players and speaking to the players. I welcome anyone who wishes to join the PA in its efforts to do this. I am still looking for a PA VP...and many other roles to take on various small, medium or large tasks depending on what they can handle and their strengths.

Bp

ps - keep up the good work with DC....it will pay off.

Bottomless_Pit