Your Feedback - Should all (next-gen) games require a stream?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    So Brodie and I have been throwing around this idea:

Should all NHL & AHL games require someone to stream come NHL 16 and next gen?

Should the home team be responsible for stream, or away team? Should we ask our user base what their upload speed is and automatically select the user wit the highest cap?

There of course would be exceptions, like if the 12 guys in the game, no one has an upload over 5/10Mbps but the reality of this is lesser each day as internet cap speeds increase and everyone will be on the Xbox one in the case where its built it.

Should the home team be responsible for stream, or away team? Should we ask our user base what their upload speed is and automatically select the user wit the highest cap?

It should be important to note, that uploading to twitch is a different server then xbox and EA. So if EA's servers are laggy, uploading to twitch should have no negative or positive effect either way.

I know this is a new idea and might seem extreme, But we require someone already to take stats every game and managers to be "On Call". It also could become the standard if we set it, And (you) as the LG fan could come to expect to watch your selection of LG games every game night.

We probably wouldn't actually set any punishments for games that aren't streamed as it's something we are trying out and we dont want to create more work for our managers. This of course makes it harder to to achieve this goal, but hoping something the community adopts.

Also, if you haven't already read, we have some big idea's planned for LGv5 that would make great use of this content.

So what are your thoughts, comments and feedback?

• Like Like x 10
  2. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    I honestly think it's next to impossible to expect anyone to stream. I think the community will take advantage of the technology on their own. I've noticed through just the people I play with are starting to stream now that it's available.

• Like Like x 4
    Lokix6x
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Which is why maybe if we nuge them in that direction, we can have it as something we can expect.

It only takes a second to start up a stream on xbox one, really isn't asking too much

• Like Like x 1
  4. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    I refuse to stream.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    I think behind the scene's you could ask the gm's to push the idea of streaming but making it mandatory is just an additional headache for managers.

Like Brisan said, I think most people will take advantage of it anways

• Like Like x 2
  6. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    I know I personally can't stream EA games when playing online. I don't know where your "it won't effect it negatively" logic comes from but on 360 if I streamed NHL I basically never saw play in the neutral zone because that was just skipped when the game chopped over and over.

No Streaming Account
  7. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    turbo pun [MENTION=6796]NugeTV[/MENTION]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    No Streaming Account
  8. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    I think alot of people will stream regardless its a cool new toy, every body wants to be on "TV" my question is does the Xbox one cap your internet connection speed? cause i believe the Xbox 360 does.

dadoffive81
  9. Emo F0X

Emo F0X I Score Goals

Discord:
    foxi10i#0
    Ratings:
    +179 / 2 / -1
    Idk about making it mandatory because there have been times in the past where I was streaming COD on the one and there would be a slight delay when I'd go to shoot someone causing me to lose gun fights. Other games I don't really notice it as bad but if it's costing me either faceoffs or just delaying my button presses by half a second I'd be really pissed that I HAVE to stream it

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. cnumartyr85

cnumartyr85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -8
    I don't think it's a bad idea, but I do think it will lead to people who have streaming capabilities getting inflated contracts. If you require people to stream and two equally talented players are available the one that can stream would go for more to fulfill that requirement.

I like the idea. I also think it'd be a good idea to require a league rep to watch every stream if it were required. Essentially being an official and making calls on lag outs, etc etc.

If you make it a requirement, I don't think there can be exceptions. Owners would have to organize lines to make sure someone that can stream was in every line.

cnumartyr
  11. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    i just dont think internet quality is at the point where we can do this. As a westerner, every streemed game I've ever knowingly been involved in has been delayed as shite, I'd hate for every game to be that way.

• Like Like x 1
    GiveMeDaPuck
  12. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    should be for playoffs. i dont think mandatory should be required for regular season but it should be strongly encouraged. the xbox one does not cap your speed, does not lag your system, blah blah. the requirements for twitch is 2mbps upload speed for the stream, minimum of 1mbps. anything less and i dont even know how you're playing the 360 anyway to be honest. so the ones against this don't really make sense. especially when we see you stream other games....

• Like Like x 1
    f5penguin
  13. Kodyyy

Kodyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,160 / 7 / -4
    if there's even the slightest report that it negatively impacts the connections, this is an awful idea, in my opinion. bad idea to have different standards on stuff like this for playoffs. things should be as consistent as possible.

like most are saying, it should be encouraged but not required. not everyone has great internet and it's not reasonable to ask managers to build their teams around people with good enough internet that are also fine with streaming.

• Like Like x 3
    Melroses_Mullet
  14. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Let me also ask this way, is there something we can do or given to encourage people to stream. IE Count the number of streams they've done, give them an award/trophy if they do?

With LGv5, we are really expanding the award system so we could do so here as well

• Like Like x 1
  15. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22

only if the streams are good quality.

seriously though, xbl on 360 requires a decent enough connection to hang in 6s. with Xbox One, the requirements are higher, so if you can't have good enough internet to stream, you probably won't be able to play NHL 16 on the One. people are overlooking this fact that the "PURGE" probably won't be anything because you need an Xbox One AND a better Internet connection. the guys lagging on the 360 won't be here on the One unless they pay for a better Internet package. & if you're on wifi, you're already going to be behind in lagtime.

• Like Like x 2
    f5penguin
  16. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    i've streamed games and my connection has felt nice still, sometimes in madden i walked onto a bad connection guy and i lost my mind thinking it was my stream lol, forcing it will be a terrible idea, encouraging it, would be great, i know i will be streaming LG games but if i start to feel my connection take a turn for the worse then i wont stream.

• Like Like x 1
    Its_cakes
  17. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    I hear [MENTION=6341]Ryan McDonut 27[/MENTION] is streaming the purge.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    At first I thought it was a pun as well, but I've concluded that it is just Brodie's terrible spelling and grammar rubbing off on Tris. Thanks Obama!

As for this, the more streams the better, just never cross the streams.

Also, sucks for you and your dial-up connection [MENTION=4204]AgentSooksta008[/MENTION]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    BLicK1252
  19. GOW LIKE A BOSS

GOW LIKE A BOSS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    What's the goal behind wanting people to stream? Is it to help out with rule violations (in which case, we'll already have "xbox record that"), or is it just sort of a cool thing to do? Seems like if it's required to stream, but no one's punished if the game's not streamed, then it's not really required at all. And if it's not really required, why not just say "we've got a twitch server, stream if you want to."?

No Streaming Account
  20. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    I already was planning on streaming all my games on next gen for LG. Once teams on NHL 16 are all figured out, maybe make a thread and anyone willing to stream can sign up and post a speed test result to make sure they have good connection.

jackbauertuna_