NHL 16 Information

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LeafyTV, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    Supposedly there is a different scoreboard in 16 it's the new NBC scoreboard

chipyox
  2. Killah beee

Killah beee Limousine riding..

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I have a bad feeling about this game...I know a bunch of people like this not attribute thing, bc everyone wants to act they're thumbs skills are the best and all that. That can be a huge prob, what happens if certain a builds can shoot well but not handle the puck and pass, and vice versa. That has absolutely nothing to do with how good you are. Everyone acts like these builds we make give others a huge advantage, if that's the case your the one who need to work on your skills. Never have I played this game and said "damn that guys build is too goo for me". This is gonna be a huge issue, we're all basically on the same playing field when your legend 3s. In real life every single player has dif skill sets and abilities why make it as if there are 5 dif set skill sets. I hope it works out but it's shocking people give ea the benefit of the doubt when they failed us before. I hope I'm wrong.

No Streaming Account
  3. monsterrain44

monsterrain44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -1
    Im expecting a ton of problems the first year and it probably won't be a smooth game until a couple years after.

No Streaming Account
  4. Chipy-ox

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    I like the no attribute thing because I don't want to grind the game for 350 games I'd rather the game be balanced for the whole year not just the last season of LG. also it's gonna bring more strategies to the game also like having 2 playmakers try to set up the one sniper on that like or having a defensive dman and a offensive dman I think it will be fine and we will be able to live thru it

chipyox
  5. Killah beee

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    That sounds awful....that's the theory right that there sounds like this games gonna be a shit show. So if your a playmaker let's say your whole game is gonna revolve around gettin the puck to your sniper? That really limits the type a play each individual can create. That's a huge flaw. Essentially what that is saying is that there is going to be no well rounded players who can deke, pass, and score. With amount of good players there are in LG who can do it all, to me that's why it's shocking people like this. In my eyes if this is he case it benefits the players who can deke but not finish, or finish but can't score, and so on. It doesn't reward the great players imo. That being said the difference in attributes can be minimal and there's a possibility the difference in builds may not be that crazy and you'll be able to be well rounded without losing pucks or passes because yours attributes don't allow you to do much, but the way it's sounds in the early stages it doesn't look that way.

No Streaming Account
  6. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I mean it doens't limit you...but a playmaker build should look to distribute...same as FIFA where you can clearly see the differnece in the build... Hockey is more about teamwork than 1 vs 1 A button corner skill...than force and get lucky cross-crease

I can play CB and try to driblle ...ill get some results but they'll be less good than hen I play a Creator build etc...

The main problem is the Physics of the game will be truly awful. Look @ NHL 15 and ho shit it is, gliding, puck protect= more reward than brilliant teamwork/passing. They neeed to make the game Slower so itreard intelligent player...but ill never be the case and 13 years old ill enjoy it.

Also will you be able to control GK in SO or youll have 17 rounds of left/right and score?

No Streaming Account
  7. Killah beee

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    What does cross creases have to do with anything? Secondly bc a team cross creases doesn't mean they don't use team work idk why people have a problem with cross creases. They're easily stopable if your D is there and if they're not the opposing team SHOULD cross crease. That's besides the point though. secondly I play Fifa, your comparing a center back who is dman to a offensive player. Of course your CB cant dribble and do all that just like a dman I presume can't do what a fwd can, that's basically how it is in chel now. I'm talking solely about offense we can't compare offense to dmen. All my points are very valid, your hindering a player from being well rounded. That's factual most good players pride themselves on being good at all things, that's a huge problem. All these new games coming out try and make the average players good, from the new chel which has 5 dekes and makes you just come in a rip the puck and play the most boring style, to new shoot gamers like destiny. Every next gen game is surrounded to get the average players closer to the ability to the casual players. I said what I have to say I'm just shocked that more people don't have a problem with this, I'm sure when the game drops the numbers will rise.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Play a creator vs a finisher in FIFA. Youll see the difference veen with fullly maxed out pro.

Play a box to box vs Cam Playmaker...there'll be a difference etc...

People wanted difference in Build...pretty sure your style will change depending of what you select...

Honestly the build will be shit as fuck...but ehh!

No Streaming Account
  9. heD HonChO

heD HonChO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 6 / -1
    i agree with this guy!!

• Like Like x 1
    heDHonChO
  10. x SMP 7 x

x SMP 7 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    Rey Mysterio and The Hurricane engage in a bare-knuckle street fight. Like an actual street fight because they hate each other (maybe they both have a little guy complex, idfk). Not WWE sanctioned. Does The Hurricane win because Rey Mysterio has no feasible way of performing and executing a 619?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. xKillzone99

xKillzone99 2 Time National Champ

Discord:
    xKIllzone99#8750
    Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -16
    locked EASHL player attributes will kill EASHL and league pretty quick into the year, i'm excited for hut and versus but it looks like EA just ruined EASHL and OTP. one of the things I loved about the past NHL games were being able to customize you're player and style to whatever fit you, and when you were bored you could try so many different things with the attributes. Locked attributes are a bad idea to me just because it takes away from customization creativity and even in the real NHL not all power forwards play the same, not all snipers play the same and so on and so on... Players are unique in how they play.

• Like Like x 1
    xkillzone99
  12. Chipy-ox

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    I agree but most of the better players in each position in the NHL use to some extent a similar build to each other so saying it will diminish the game that's not true it will just balance the game for the whole year and with certain build I'm pretty sure a sniper will still be able to pass and a playmaker will be able to shoot but for instance I don't use any shooting on my build for 6s because I feel I don't need it yet I score a lot (at least I think I score a lot lol) but if people think you are just gonna have to force it to the sniper let's be honest most smart D will read that and shadow the sniper also in the game right now there aren't many goals that are just shots when the goalie is in position that just go in at least in 6s so I think it will be fine but we are gonna need to adjust to the different play style of next gen

chipyox
  13. x SMP 7 x

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    Here's some stuff you guys might have missed that was released the last few days:

Will there be new moves/dekes added to NHL 16 ? There was very little variety in NHL 15.

Yes. We have added new moves as well as updated the controls to ensure greater consistency and control when attempting the moves. The mechanic does a better job of giving you control over your stick and skates so that you can toe drag and finish straight, further out to the side or even cut back the other way depending on the way you drag with your right stick and the direction you are headed with your left stick. The same goes for moves from your backhand side. Along with these updates we also looked at the consistency of stride dekes to ensure you weren't triggering them by accident but still able to use them in the right situations.

Will Rogers arena have the stanchion lights?

Yes. Our rendering team did a great job with this feature. We also have authentic animation patterns and coloring for intros and goal events in NHL 16.

Will we have the ability to edit player ratings in NHL 16?

Yes this is something we have added to NHL 16. There is more information about it here.

Do you have the New York Islanders "Yes Yes Yes" crowd chant after they score a goal in NHL 16?

Yes! Yes! Yes we do!

As said there will be unique parts of a stadium, such a lighthouse in Minnesota. Will there be unique goal songs as well? Much like Chelsea dagger in Chicago?

For NHL 16 we do have the lighthouse in Minnesota and we've been fortunate to license many authentic goal songs this year including Chelsea Dagger for Chicago. We’ll have more information about other team goal songs coming soon.

Will Chelsea Dagger be played when the Blackhawks score a goal?

Yes Chelsea Dagger will be played when the Blackhawks score in NHL 16. We are doing our best this year to get goal moments for each team as authentic as possible. We’ll have more information about presentation features for other teams as we get closer to launch.

Are there any right-stick only dekes, or can auto-deke do everything?

In NHL 16 we have expanded the right stick deking system from NHL 15 to correspond with what you are doing with your left stick/skating motion. This gives you control of what you want to do with your stick and your skates separately. For example, you can toe drag with the right stick and select what direction you want to go with the left stick.

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 37"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 100%"]
    Control the Crease
    The fate of your team is at your fingertips with all-new enhanced goalie controls. Precision Skating captures the authentic look and feel of a goaltender’s momentum and precise movement as you control them in the crease. When the shots start flying, decide whether to make controlled positional saves or commit to high risk athletic saves that may leave you vulnerable to secondary chances.

[/TD]
    [TD="width: 18"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 37"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="width: 100%"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 18"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

They also updated their Ask EA page with some more details. The Q&A is copied and pasted below for easier reading.

Can we expect to see any (big) changes for playing goalie, both in terms of gameplay and the overall experience?

Yes. In NHL 16 there is a brand new way to control goalies. We have added all new motion capture which allows for much more realistic motion when moving in the crease. You can now decide between controlled strides and longer t-pushes. If you want to track a single skater with the puck or push over quickly to track a cross ice pass, you now have the tools to do so. You are also accountable for your momentum so pushing back the other way in butterfly is different than pushing from a still position since you have to recoil first which makes you much more accountable for staying in control. We have also improved the ability to push into saves so that you don't feel locked in or stopped by the AI.

Are there any goalie improvements this year like to the movement and save? And also when playing as them are there new saves for the button combos?

We are still finalizing the controls so can't full comment on the new controls/abilities. However, in NHL 16 you will have more control than ever before when playing as a player controlled goalie. We have all new motion capture for goalies movement so that you can take both smaller strides and big t-pushes when you either want to re-position in the crease or make more committed moves to the opposite side to track cross ice passes. We have also put specific focus on ensuring players aren't locked into saves when they want to continue to slide with momentum.

Is there anything new or improvements on Goalies (Human or Computer) in NHL 16?

Hey Johnny…in NHL 16 we've overhauled player controlled goalies as part of our efforts to make it fun to play from every position on the ice. You'll now have new controls (which are still TBD in terms of button mapping) which will give a more authentic look and feel to the goalies. You'll also notice that the AI goalies also have new animations and poses to refresh the look.

No Streaming Account
  14. Freddy Couples

Freddy Couples Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    Wow, so for me to experiment with my created player, for 1 game after work, I have to find 11 other guys to meet me in a private lobby? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

The lack of Zamboni racing was bad enough, but this is stupid. Forget the wanting to use my created player aspect of things, if I want to just get a quick game or two in after work, it's going to take forever to get an OTP game going, because most kids will only play a specific position on a specific team, because they want to avoid being certain players from a given team. It'll take 5 minutes or more, just to get a game started.

I find this to be incredibly short sighted on EA's part.

No Streaming Account
  15. x SMP 7 x

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    From what I have heard, they might not even have those (private OTP lobbies) at launch.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account