LGGT Season 3 Changes - READ ME!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, Jun 13, 2015.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hi guys,

We're almost ready for Season 3! However, due to needing to finalize a couple things with Tris on my end, we're going to start Season 3 mid-week, and have a "Kick Off" Week to start, with an extra course to offer everyone, since Week 1 will run longer.

Here's the most important changes for you to be aware of this season:

No PCs this season: Due to some logistics, I have decided we are NOT ready to add PCs to the season. I don't have the game on PC, nor do I intend to get it for it, already owning copies for XB1 and PS4. I'll need more staff that is willing to take on that role of setting tournaments in Season 4.

No New Tiers this season: Due to this decision, it also leaves us expecting that we are not big enough as a Tour to offer multi-levels. This means the Elite still play with the Average, but I have a plan in mind to offer a bit more of a competitive balance that is hopefully unique. Read on!

New Greens Policy: After serious thought, and seeing how other Tours conduct themselves, I am enforcing the rule that you are NO LONGER permitted to Chip/Flop on the Greens, UNLESS your position has some form of obstruction directly in your shot (Trap/Rough/Water). If the top right says "Green", it's a putter no matter how far you are. If it says "Green Fringe" or anything else, you are welcome to play as you wish. If you don't want a 100 ft putt, then play the hole different so you don't land on the green that far away.

If found to be in violation of this policy, you will be DQ'd from that event first time, DQ'd from the entire week the second time, and if done a third time, subject to being DQ'd from the entire season.

Finally, perhaps the most important change to offer competitive balance...

A Restricted Course: Each week, you will see two tours available for LGGT. One will be marked different with "HDCP" also in the title (Ex: LGGT S3 W1 HDCP). This is intended to be the "third course" in a given normal LGGT Week. However, it's special that it limits who can play in it based upon your Handicap in the game. For Season 3, I have decided that if your Handicap is better than +5.0, then you are not eligible to play this tournament. Please Note: Due to this restrictive feature, this Tour will have a more limited amount of Points available per player. If Primary (Non-Major) courses offer 100 Pts per Player, and Secondary courses offer 50 Pts per Player, then the Restricted course will offer 40 Pts per Player.

Reasons: This is designed to offer those who play the game at a lower level than those who are considered Elite are to be given a chance to not only see their name competing on the leaderboards, but also give them a fighting chance at getting higher up on the Tour Points Race.Until we are large enough in weekly competition to justify having separate Tours on skill level, this is one of the best alternatives I can come up with.

I should also note that I will be watching this Restricted Course Leaderboard very closely. I cannot control Handicaps outside of LGGT, and know names fairly well from both LGGT and TGCT. If I find you are intentionally sandbagging your handicap to sneak on to this Tour, then I will use discretion of what is best for the Tour on how to handle your case. I have kids who play using my avatar, but play offline to not impact my Handicap rating. However, as of this post, my personal HDCP is +7.1, so I'd not be eligible.

Translation: If I see anyone who fell in "Diamond" or "Gold" during the playoffs last season playing any of these courses and posting scores, you'll be wasting your time. Especially you, Bradley! ;)

LGGT Staff Needs:

I am in serious need of some support in the form of Tournament Marshals. While the league is intended to self-police, I need individuals on each game system who are willing to act as the additional eyes and ears of the Tour, to enforce fair play, avoid anyone utilizing any form of exploits. These are individuals who will regularly review other individuals playing, will check Events in game for Scoreboard accuracy (We had one individual get DQ'd twice last season for violation of the Scoreboard Rules, posting a better score than what they did on that course), and report (with proof...either streams or screen shots) any suspicious activity to the Commissioner (Me).

Thanks for reading. I'm excited for the new season, and hope you find these improvements fair and productive to the growth of LGGT going forward.

LB
    [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] [MENTION=7031]PHJ314[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 5
    fkncommishlb
  2. ramjr0116

ramjr0116 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am not really up on how to post those type of things, commish (Im 53 and not to handy with my MACBOOK PRO) but I am willing to learn and help out. I have the game on PS4 only so that would be the only ststem I could help out on. I think you know I try to play most weeks on the LGGT and am also in Champions B in TGCT. I am not that great a player but would be willing to help out.

No Streaming Account
  3. PoiNtBIank X

PoiNtBIank X Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How exactly do we sign up each week, etc...? Im not seeing anything on this.

No Streaming Account
  4. ramjr0116

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    When the commish announces the courses each week, you play on your console. you find it under tours type in lggt and the proper week will come up. After you finish your round go to your scorecard and take your score for each round and record it on the site here.

No Streaming Account
  5. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Questions because I am incapable of reading comprehension this week..

You say the third tour is for +5 HDCP or better then you cannot play. I was assuming this meant +5, +4, +3, +2, +1 and scratch. This tour is for the lesser-skilled, like me. You are a +7, so you should be eligible but you said you are not? Could you please clarify because brain?

Second, to that end, how is HDCP rated? Directly from LGGT? What if you don't have a HDCP yet? Just play more courses until you do? I'm asking more for new players.

Thanks for all you do LB. I'm hoping I can jump back in this season.

f5penguin
  6. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I'll be posting the announcement soon of the starting courses for this week coming. Look for a mid-Weds start, with a week and a half to complete the courses to get us on our Monday-Sunday schedule for Week 2.

fkncommishlb
  7. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    It means if your HDCP is higher than +5.0 (+5.1, for example), you can't play. So the really good guys who shoot low with their eyes closed can't play because it blocks them from doing so.

HDCP has nothing to do with LGGT, which is why we won't ever have a handicap based league. This is just offering the lesser skilled players a chance to be more competitive, and motivated to play. We need stable members to expand, so this is my best alternative to offering them something. There's also not enough points offered per player compared to the Open Courses to really find anyone wanting to sandbag for LGGT purposes, although seeing how some 2nd taggers in LGHL conduct themselves, you never know!

It's a week to week thing. Basically, once you're higher than that HDCP, you won't be able to play that week.

fkncommishlb
  8. Detfan1984

Detfan1984 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More than happy to help where needed.

No Streaming Account
  9. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    For clarification purposes, let me define the Restricted Course. When I say a HDCP of +5.0, this means someone who normally shoots 5 strokes better than scratch. IE: Someone who shoots 67 on average when they play a Par 72 course.

If you are better than a scratch golfer, but below a +5.0, you will be able to play that particular week.

Hope this helps.

fkncommishlb
  10. AWillTheTP

AWillTheTP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'd be open to helping out with the tournament marshal stuff, depending on how time consuming it is. If I'd have to sit and watch full streams of a dozen players, I'm not sure I'd have the time.

Also, I have a copy of TGC on Steam that I don't use. You're welcome to it if that's a thing you can do on Steam.

No Streaming Account
  11. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    And your saying gold and diamond players can't play period? My handicap has fluctuated between 4 and 9 just from playing in the tours and practice rounds so when its at its low point because I've played several difficult tours and didn't play well I'm still not eligible?

MrTweek1
  12. ramjr0116

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I think Mr. Tweek that you are only not eligible to play the restricted course. You are eligible to play the other courses that will be offered every week. I'm sure the commish or Tris can verify that.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    You are eligible if you're Handicap is lower than the +5.0 threshold I currently plan to use. But in all honesty if you're someone who's in the Top 10 regularly, this wasn't really designed with you in mind. We'll reserve the right to change the parameters, if necessary.

Again, since we're not playing for any more than fun and establishing a consistent group of people, I am hoping not to find anyone looking to exploit this. There's not enough incentive here for top talent to be threatened by anyone else, but there is opportunity for talent newer to the game and lower skilled to enjoy the league in a more balanced field.

Thanks for your feedback.

fkncommishlb
  14. FirstBlitzer AU

FirstBlitzer AU Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Mr Tweek, what ramjr said. there will be three events each week the elite players ie better than +5.0 hc can't play the third one.

No Streaming Account