Week 7 is LIVE! Post your thoughts here!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, Aug 3, 2015.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hey guys,

Week 7 is now LIVE!

Courses this Week:

Primary: Marina Golf Club - Championship Course
    Secondary: Orchid Trail
    HDCP Restricted Course: Victory Golf Club

Instructions:

You'll find the regular two courses in Play > Play Tour > Search LGGT > Look for LGGT S3 W7

To find the HDCP Restricted course (For people with a TGC Handicap lower than a +5.0 Rating), go to Play > Play Tournament > Search LGGT > Look for LGGT S3 W7 HDCP

IMPORTANT: For those guys who have an interest in playing the restricted course, you can play it at ANY TIME during the week. You can play it first before the regular tournaments, if you wish. It's a separate event. Just be sure when you post your scores here, that you put it in the proper leaderboard.

Deadline for Week 7: Sunday, August 9th at 11:59 PM Eastern

IMPORTANT! Please note the presence of a countdown clock next to each tournament. It indicates how much time you have left to post scores.

Post your round thoughts here! As always, if there are any concerns to bring up, provide your evidence to me privately, and I will review.

Thanks, and hit 'em straight!

LB

fkncommishlb
  2. dylan42

dylan42 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Jeez it's tough to get close to the pin at Marina. It always rolls that bit more than I was expecting. Couldn't even get pitches to stop, but felt I played ok, still left a load out there. Good luck anyone still to play :grin:. Oh and watch out for the wind. Especially round 2.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Seriously good playing this week dylan, well played. :grin:

I fought hard all 6 rounds (I played them all back to back) but couldn't quite catch you. I am left to rue the mess that I made of 17 at Marina. I made a quadruple bogey and a double. Both times I was 1 yard out from hitting a very good shot. After three attempts to get it to the green I realized that it was impossible no matter what shot you try. I then pitched backwards, pitched on for 6 and made 7! Tyler had the same issue, but worked it out quicker than me to only take 6! :grin:

I then thought I'd try and catch you in the overall score for the week. I came close, needing to birdie on 17 and 18 in the final round to catch you at -50. I had a ten footer for birdie on 17 but slightly over borrowed and burned the edge. I then needed eagle on 18 to at least tie you to get some satisfaction from the week. I hit a high cut with a 3 iron for my approach to try and get it close, I over did it and found the beach! I did well to get it up and down from there and finished at -49.

An enjoyable chase that just fell short. :grin:

Well played Ian and Tyler too, nice shooting guys. Good luck to everybody yet to play.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. ijs1543

ijs1543 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    great shooting Dylan, great total on that course:smile: also gd shooting from tyler and brad best of luck 2 those yet to tee off

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys :bow:. So it's Brad, Ian and Tyler, call me Alan please. A 6 shot leak on a hole really burns Brad. I tried not to be too aggressive (my usual downfall) on that hole and played it at 1u for the four rounds. That rough at the front is such a grave, similar to par 3 2nd it encourages a pin hunt that can easily turn nasty. The hole I struggled most on was the innocuous looking par 4 13th, took a 6 there trying to fade it around the tree and it is a tough putt from seemingly everywhere on that green. though thinking about it now it seems like a tough putt from everywhere on the course :razz:.

I must have played better than I thought to beat you guys, a feat I haven't managed yet this season. I have to say I'm enjoying the challenge of the strong winds though 13 or 14 mph would be more fun than the 19 of round 2. Wow that was a tough round but still enjoyable on an excellent course. Thanks again Brad and Ian for your kind words and for providing such fierce competition.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. SMIFFYLFC79

SMIFFYLFC79 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Well played Dylan bud, sorry Alan Please, as this is what you want to be called, :grin: No seriously well played bud great shooting, Brad 17 done me in round 1, took a 6 myself, lol. Well played all, and good luck if you still have to play.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. billybudd0623

billybudd0623 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You guys played really well this week! Ghosted a few of you and was impressed. Unfortunately, The Marina was my least favorite course since I started playing the golf club months ago. I hate slow greens in real life and find that I don't like them any better in video golf. Good luck all!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. chrashbird

chrashbird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Played my first 3 rounds this morning. Hats off to you guys that shot under par in rounds 1 and 2 in 19-20 mph wind (at least that's what I had). Round 3 was 11mph and looks as though R4 will be 15mph. Don't think I've ever seen Boreal courses with that high wind before.

Didn't help on the 2nd hole that I dunked it in the water 3 times in the first 2 rounds. Gonna try and get it back to Even for the event tomorrow to try and save face. Quality scoring Alan getting to -30, I may have got there in 2mph wind?

At least with the crappy scores this week and what I've put up on the No Aids tournaments lately I'll be able to play in the Restricted event next week :p

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Two things:

1) I'm concerned that two weeks of tournaments, and I don't believe we've seen one round under 10 MPH.

2) HDCP will still be restricted for you, as I've said time and again anyone who is Top 200 WGR in TGCTours, that part of LGGT is not meant for you. Apparently I need to make a Sticky to avoid needing to mention it in the future.

fkncommishlb
  10. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

English sense of humour......I was joking.

No Streaming Account
  11. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thank you chrashbird and yes the winds were that high for all :smile:. I don't mind at all playing in windy conditions commish but I agree that if it becomes the norm it is a concern.

No Streaming Account
  12. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    For the record: Any f'n hole that a flop shot can't get to, and any angle that causes 3 straight 0 foot shots is a LOUSY HOLE. (IE: The gully at 17 on Marina if you miss)

I'm sorry I selected this course now with this current wind situation. Almost quit, but took a bitter 8 on that piece of excrement Par 3.

fkncommishlb
  13. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    You'll be pleased to hear the 2nd course is 7-8mph in both rounds.

Quick question:

How far in advance do you know which course you'll be using? Just wondering as if you know what course you'll be using for say weeks 9, 10 and 11 you could load the 1st one up and see what the wind is. If its 20mph check out what the next course would be. Looks as though you can check in "Create Competition". I loaded up one of my par 3 courses in "Play Round" to check the wind, then checked it in the create competition menu under "Play", it was within 1mph but a different direction. Then quit out of that and published it where it was the same strength.

Might be able to fix the wind this way by having a 1st round of say 8mph, but then you run the risk of having rounds 3 and 4 at 2mph, but at least they shouldn't be both at 20? Might work for the secondary course too?

I've saved a 2nd test version in create competition on the same course which has the same wind. I'll check it from time to time over the weekend to see if when I click play instead of publish if it has kept it at the 8mph I had originally, then see if it has changed after publishing. Might be able to save a few weeks worth of events and not have to worry what the wind will be that way and would only take 5 minutes at most for checking and setting. Just a suggestion, I'll let you know how and if the wind has changed on my test.

No Streaming Account
  14. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Any help offered turned into political false promises. I'm making all decisions, and lately the only one verifying scores on both platforms. I'm basically running as a one man army.

With the summertime, school vacation, camps and field trips, I'm almost making decisions 48 hours before launch. I'm finalizing where the Major will be right now, but open to suggestions if I'm missing something. Obviously I want a challenge and four pins/tees.

fkncommishlb
  15. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Chambers Bay? Never got played on TGCT for the US Open. 2nd event Saturday and Sunday pins for Jubilee Park that Ive been shamelessly plugging for 6 months, at least it'll shut me up lol.

No Streaming Account
  16. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Not seen Chambers Bay in game. Is it tolerable, or will we hate it if we keep rolling 20s in the wind department? Multi-tees/pins?

fkncommishlb
  17. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure its made by the same guy who did Magnolia (theCLV24). Brad and I played it when it first came out. Couple of pins were iffy but we enjoyed it. Tough if winds are high. Other than that theres 6 versions of The Challeng Club. I believe Chambers Bay has the 4 sets of pins.

No Streaming Account
  18. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Chambers Bay does have 4 versions. Proper name in game is: Chambers Bay, WA (thursday) and so on. Hope that helps.

No Streaming Account
  19. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9

Make this happen!!!

No Streaming Account
  20. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Playing those 2 courses or shutting me up? :mad: Got to say its pretty disappointing with the turn out, everyone cries for the same wind and then when its high they vanish. I'll probably end up with another top 20 as people dont complete all 4 rounds. Must be the lowest turnout we've ever had with less than 40 people taking part, i remember in season 1 where we had over 100 players when it was just PS4 in a seperate tour. Oh well, see if we can get to the end of the season with more than 30 of us.

No Streaming Account