Week 8 is LIVE! Majors Week! Discuss your rounds here!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, Aug 10, 2015.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hey guys,

Week 8 is now LIVE!

Courses this Week:

Primary: Chambers Bay, WA (4 Different Tees)
    Secondary: Jubilee Park (Saturday & Sunday Course)
    HDCP Restricted Course: The Homestead

Instructions:

You'll find the regular two courses in Play > Play Tour > Search LGGT > Look for LGGT S3 W8

To find the HDCP Restricted course (For people with a TGC Handicap lower than a +5.0 Rating), go to Play > Play Tournament > Search LGGT > Look for LGGT S3 W8 HDCP

IMPORTANT: For those guys who have an interest in playing the restricted course, you can play it at ANY TIME during the week. You can play it first before the regular tournaments, if you wish. It's a separate event. Just be sure when you post your scores here, that you put it in the proper leaderboard.

Deadline for Week 8: Sunday, August 16th at 11:59 PM Eastern

IMPORTANT! Please note the presence of a countdown clock next to each tournament. It indicates how much time you have left to post scores.

Post your round thoughts here! As always, if there are any concerns to bring up, provide your evidence to me privately, and I will review.

Thanks, and hit 'em straight!

LB

fkncommishlb
  2. daddyjules10

daddyjules10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi round 1 scorecard is showing as par 5, but in game is a par 4, didnt want to input my scores wrong thanks!

No Streaming Account
  3. dylan42

dylan42 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Enjoy the light winds in round 1. Round 2 is 21-22 mph :grin:

No Streaming Account
  4. chrashbird

chrashbird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Forgot about the stupid par changes between rounds, looks as though holes 1 and 18 flip flop between par 4s and 5s. I think when we came across this in Season 1 didnt we just put down the score we got for the hole and as long as our total was correct it didnt matter? I just loaded in R2 YIKES!!!!

No Streaming Account
  5. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Correct. It won't really matter too much, because it's the final round score I currently verify.

FYI: I'm working hard on trying to acquire an API for LGGT. Keep your fingers crossed.

fkncommishlb
  6. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Fingers are crossed. R2 in the 22mph wind was alot more fun than last week at Marina, even managed to shoot under par and better than I did in R1. Looks like R3 is the same wind as R1.

No Streaming Account
  7. Disturbed932

Disturbed932 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    63-66-70-65 = -18
    Wasted third round. Atrocious play in moderate winds.

No Streaming Account
  8. Blackaces13

Blackaces13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The game is screwed up something awful right now...

I played my first round, shot a -7, my ghost should be there right now for anyone who wants to verify. Then I continue on to my second round, and after I hit my opening tee shot the leaderboard pops up showing me at a -70 for the round, before the shot even lands. I hit x to continue out of the leaderboard, and it takes to me the first tee shot for SATURDAY. So, I hit one shot and decide to exit the game and close the application. I fire it up again and now it has me hitting off the tee in ROUND 1, THURSDAY again, and it is showing my own ghost (-7) as a rival.

I just shut it down for the night. Hopefully it works itself out, I should be playing my second shot on hole #1 Round 2/Friday. Not sure how to proceed if it's still F'ed up.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  9. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Chambers is a hell of a place, it can be so tough to play but rewarding when you get it right. Brad that was 4 great rounds you played, just couldn't match you there. I knew mid-way through the 3rd round I wasn't going to get close to you and was playing for best of the rest and pride. That par 5 8th may well be one of my favourite holes in the game and your eagle putt was a corker. Also Ian, stunning last round, must be close to course record. Cheers LGGT that was a blast.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

Thanks Alan. :grin:

It was such a mental test playing Chambers. I played the four rounds back to back and felt drained when I finished. One nightmare on 18 in round two where I had 70 yards to the pin for my third, I just caught the slope and the ball ended up short left of the green. From there I tried a flop which came back to my feet, then tried a delofted flop which still spun back? back to my feet :mad: I then hit a full flop for a 22 yard shot, which nestled nicely next to the cup so I had a tap in for double.

That putt on 8 was incredible, certainly the longest putt that I've ever made.

I just finished playing Jubilee with Chris, a great course. I really got it going in round two to shoot 57. Chris was struggling with his game a little so I felt a bit guilty making all those putts when he was missing his! :oops: It is his course after all. :grin:

Two superb courses, lots of fun and frustration.

Good luck to everyone yet to play.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Blackaces13

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In regards to my earlier difficulties, the game is still putting me in round one/Thursday when I resume tournament. I've already played round one, shot a 7 under and posted this score hole by hole to the LGGT leaderboard. This can currently be confirmed with my existing round 1 ghost ball.

I think my only option is to complete the first round again, not record this score, and then resume assuming the game allows me to advance to round 2 without issue. This may result in my score in game differing from my LGGT score.

This is the first issue of this nature I have encountered while playing tournaments in this game.

No Streaming Account
  12. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Great play on both courses Brad. I can't putt to save my life at the moment, must be where I'm now on a smaller TV at the in-laws.....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :grin:

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I think we'll all accept that you shot -7 in round one. :grin:

This happened to me before in PSGL. I did my best to replicate the round and managed to get to the same score as the first time and purposely missed a birdie putt on the last so that I posted the same score.
    This is different however as the course is so tough, so getting to -7 isn't guaranteed.

I would suggest to just go out and play. If you get lower than -7 then miss a couple of putts on 18. If you shoot a higher score then just carry on posting your other scores and hopefully the mods will accept that you shot -7 in round 1?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Blackaces13

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yup. My plan is to record another -7, but that it easier said than done. :)

FWIW, the ghost of said -7 is there, in fact I am able to play along side it as a rival, which should be impossible in a tour. I can save a clip of myself playing out 18 with the ghost and viewing the scorecard if that helps.

No Streaming Account
  15. SMIFFYLFC79

SMIFFYLFC79 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Grrr Found water in 2nd round at Jubilee, 14th was plodding along nicely at -9 at the time, ended up taking 7, grrr, well played Bluey, in both events,

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. AWillTheTP

AWillTheTP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm just curious, why don't we play the four hole tournament after the two hole? For me, I think having the two hole first would be a nice warm up/build to the "main event" four hole tournament each week.

No Streaming Account
  17. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Played decent at Jubilee but putting was abysmal. I think I had 3 3 putts in the first round and missed 4 or 5 I'd expect to get. Well played Brad for both events. :grin:

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I'm confused. Two hole? Four hole? Huh?

fkncommishlb
  19. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    Nvm read faq if any body wants to play some golf let me know

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    dadoffive81
  20. AWillTheTP

AWillTheTP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, late night typing. Four round, two round. Each week, we have a four round event and a two round event. It seems to me that playing the two round event first makes more sense, as a warm up.

No Streaming Account