Really..... Like this....

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by xxIArmy0f0neIxx, Sep 3, 2015.

?

AHL community Poll on The Clader

1. Play Game 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Enjoy your asterisk Cup Norfolk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swiss97

swiss97 Pepsi Guy

Ratings:
    +644 / 23 / -25
    I try my best to lay low on this kind of stuff but....Play the fucking game 7. That's low class and you should be ashamed. Wonger and Tranny should pm all the powers that be and insist that you play the game 7. Rochester is robbed of an opportunity to play for a cup in a game 7. It's what Internet athletes around the world strive for.

• Like Like x 1
    97swiss
  2. Tasoomi

Tasoomi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    Every single person will say that but when it comes down to it they damn well would have. I feel bad for you guys, I really do, but I'm not going to let anyone make me feel bad for winning the cup the way we did.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. PahkTheCah1387

PahkTheCah1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10

I like you guys over on Norfolk but nobody "won" anything here lets be real.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  4. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    A virtual trophy on LG is as meaningful as monopoly money.. I just came and played and enjoyed competitive games. It just made it that much more fun to play further and further into the playoffs, really don't think it should be such a big deal that this happened IMO.

No Streaming Account
  5. PEN27ROSE

PEN27ROSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    i spit in the face of people who dont want to be cool-Carlito

No Streaming Account
  6. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    Then why I did just get this via UPS? o_O

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    Sebby6138
  7. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    When the Constitution discusses roster move eligibility issues, it's usually in terms of when a game starts, not in terms of when the game is completed. What's the rule violation?

You obvious fear of Game 7 speaks volumes.

• Like Like x 1
    brandovedo
  8. PahkTheCah1387

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    It was meaningful enough to somebody so that a complaint was filed so a game 7 wouldn't have to be played. I have no anti-Norfolk bias and I was pulling for you guys it's just a shame that it ended this way for Rochester.

No Streaming Account
  9. Tasoomi

Tasoomi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    Obviously the league disagrees with this if there is no game 7 to be played

No Streaming Account
  10. xxIArmy0f0neIxx

xxIArmy0f0neIxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1
    Well tats that's ok. You can feel good that the cup was given to you. If your ok with that then there's nothing left to say about it to you. Just know it was not earned at all. I rest my case towards you about this. Also I can say we wouldn't of done that because I always think of it this way. If it happened like this to us.... we would never fuck over a team that worked so hard and showed up to play for a few months just to have it all wasted like this. That is exactly what just happened to us. I'm a good enough person who knows that this is just a virtual hockey league that we all come in and show up for our games to have fun and win virtual cups and awards. I wouldn't go out of my way to ruin the fun of other teams and players that spend time here like that.

No Streaming Account
  11. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    I'll give my own personal two cents and then respond to the haters while laughing at your ignorance:

I feel really, really, bad for Rochester. They are good people and don't deserve to go out like this. I won't interfere with any of this stuff (that's basically why the game got overturned in the first place) but I don't like forfeits/overturned games that are outside of their AHL management's control. I posted this first because I strongly believe in this but this will probably be all forgotten in the rage responses I get.

However, realizing that the expectation that I put forth to my AHL management this season was to win the Calder Cup, I believe they managed the hell out of this team (probably even to an extreme level at times) and they owe it to the players on Norfolk to deliver their promise of a Calder. I frankly don't care how they got there so long as they followed the rules; call me an immoral, piece of shit if you want but that's my stance on that. If you're a player on Norfolk and notice everybody else breaking rules while your management does everything right, wouldn't you question their will to win if they didn't look into these issues? That would be a "not managing team" violation to me if I were on that team.

In the end, Buffalo tried to game the system to beat Anaheim before Game 7 by having a guy go on IR with two days left in the season so they could use their AHL goalie again. These 6s leagues have been around long enough for me to understand that gaming the system never works out for everybody. If there is some sort of compromise where the AHL gets to play their Game 7 and Buffalo gets punished for the mistake, I am on board if Norfolk is on board. But like I said, I won't be interfering or pressuring anybody into doing anything.

@Noobinator156 : I'm in charge of the dynasty GM assigning, you best get in touch

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
    Jay_Rulez
  12. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57

i feel bad for rochester having incompetent Ownership.. We took on Syracuse's top line who lost 1 game out of 25..in game 7. lets just not talk about fear unless it has to do with whoever takes your AHL next season should fear they might get screwed over by you not knowing how to read rules

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  13. P GUIN91

P GUIN91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 15 / -30
    they got the year wrong on mine

No Streaming Account
  14. PahkTheCah1387

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    This seems to be the crux of the argument, it sucks it happened this way, but end of the day Norfolk was well within their rights to do so only because of Buffalo's Owners actions.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  15. Borcobaby

Borcobaby BeastMode BaBoon

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    so my understanding is if the call up was made 15 minutes later it woulda been fine. True?

Ive yet read rules towrads management cuz thats not my worry. I will later just to inform myself. But is this really why?

BorcoDaBeast
  16. JKGrizzle

JKGrizzle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -6
    Just because it's within the rules doesn't mean it isn't cheap and or slimy.

Enjoy your legal loophole cup.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  17. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Hello, my name is Noobinator156. My friend [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION] and I are very interested in the vacant positions of S22 San Diego Gulls GM and AGM. We feel we can bring the Ducks organization countless seasons of experience, elite button skills (mainly from whoever we bid on) and we firmly believe we are the perfect pair to lead this organization to a 3peat. We also have a ton of hardware in the form of trophies, rings and Pro Series Medals so we will need a trophy case in the locker room please.

If you are the Owner of this great organization in S22, it would be a mistake to not add this tandem to your team if not solely for the ability to call us up in big playoff games to either be pivotable parts in 6-1 blowouts or to stand between the pipes and shutout Bass.

In conclusion, do the right thing. Put a smile on this nice man's face.

Keep in touch,

Mr. Noobinator156

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    Bursting with excitement.

No Streaming Account
  19. Nxgi

Nxgi Dogshit.

Ratings:
    +779 / 133 / -212
    Let game 7 happen.

No Streaming Account
  20. Borcobaby

Borcobaby BeastMode BaBoon

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Lets not make this issues cause rifts or cause problems for higher ups. Hopefully maybe this can cause some not needed rules to get adjusted . We (rochester) are upset and rightfully so. But end of the day they didnt do anything wrong. It fucking sucks i know and im not on their side either as it was a *** move , in my books anyways. But fully in their rights to do.

Dont let this ruin what we did this season. Makes me want to go harder next season and i wasnt even gonna play but this made me want to buy nhl 16 just to prove the league how much better a team we are.

BorcoDaBeast
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.