Really..... Like this....

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by xxIArmy0f0neIxx, Sep 3, 2015.

?

AHL community Poll on The Clader

1. Play Game 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Enjoy your asterisk Cup Norfolk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    Its summer season in a virtual hockey league, just play the game. I always stood by Norfolk based on the amount of seasons I've played there and I truly like the guys playing there right now. Rochester getting greased out of a chance because of their NHL management is brutal for guys who put countless weeks into a shitty video game though. Make a compromise, play the game, and settle it

• Like Like x 3
    Riemersma11
  2. Tasoomi

Tasoomi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    Why would we make a compromise when they screwed up?

No Streaming Account
  3. PahkTheCah1387

PahkTheCah1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    Rochester didn't screw up anything, their owner did. We can't all have stellar owners like [MENTION=4777]Jay Rulez[/MENTION]. Buffalo should have been punished and game 7 should have been played.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. WeezyFnSwamprat

WeezyFnSwamprat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 2 / -3
    Because it's the right thing to do. In most of the peoples mind in here, you guys are greasy slimeballs, who will call themselves Calder Cup Champions. To say it's within your rights to do it is perfectly fine, but clearly you have no moral code and are pieces of garbage. Man up and play the game 7, it's as simple as that. I would hate to be involved in an organization like that. Feel really bad for all the Rochester guys, you guys deserve the right to have a chance to win the cup.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  5. DiegoFuego19

DiegoFuego19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 2 / -1
    Play the game 7!

• Like Like x 3
    diegofuego191
  6. Lividpenguin342

Lividpenguin342 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 72 / -103
    This is pathetic play game seven you pussies fuck the rules be real fucking men for once

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  7. joek5

joek5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Norfolk is afraid to compromise and play game 7, due to the possibility of losing. Buffalo's owner screwed up and this is a greasy way for the season to end.

• Like Like x 2
    JoeK5
  8. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    Idk about yall, but I'd be embarrassed to win like this. Rochester played for the last 3 months and for it to go to winner take all match and then it get stolen from them due to fucking politics cmon boys. I expect this shit from wonger but all my previous interaction with tranny led me to believe he was a good down to earth guy. Guess he's just as slimey. I honestly feel bad for all you guys in Rochester. And especially since really ennis and co did nothing wrong it was an nhl factor that caused a ff.

Maybe next year instead of norfolk being the San Diego seagulls they can be the San Diego Slimeballs

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    Point out to me where Rochester made any type of mistake. Their NHL management made the mistake. Like I said, I like you guys but this is the saddest and most desperate way to win a Calder. Especially when you have guys shooting off that your team was by far the best team in the league all season.

• Like Like x 4
    Riemersma11
  10. PEN27ROSE

PEN27ROSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    hahaha so jokes

No Streaming Account
  11. Tasoomi

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    This is great. We are being called names because we followed the rules. At this point why have a rule book? Just do what you want

No Streaming Account
  12. PahkTheCah1387

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10

Having a rule book and hiding behind the technicalities are not equatable. Rochester is being punished for Buffalo's mistake if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be singing a different tune.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  13. Tasoomi

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    You're damn right I would but it wouldn't change the fact. Buffalo could have used any guy on a roster of over 17 players and chose to use him

No Streaming Account
  14. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    I've heard people say that LG is a joke before. I was proud to say that I always defended it. LG is the premiere league to play NHL 6s at a competitive level. Hell, it's probably the best place to play FIFA, Madden, NBA, golf, etc. I've met many great people because of this site. Some of these people I talk to daily and consider some of my best friends. It's awesome to have a platform like this where we can do one of the things we love and meet some awesome people. These are many of the reasons I chose to become management for the Rochester Americans this season.

As a little back story, I was the AGM behind l Severson l (a real life friend). He was banned right before bidding ended, so Army took over as GM which cut his salary in half (a rule that should be reworked, but that's for another discussion). Going into this, I knew Army was very busy and I would have to do the bulk of the work as the AGM (can I get banned for that as well?). So with that being said, I put in a ton of time obviously into this league. So, when a cup that my team of 16 dedicated players and great ECUs deserved is taken from us, I'm at a loss of words.

Most of the things that needed to be said are in the post above. The East was definitely a better division than the West. I can admit that. One thing I won't admit is that Norfolk deserves the cup and are the best team. They didn't win the 16 games required. This isn't the first series they got only 3 legitimate wins. They didn't earn the cup. If I was on Norfolk I wouldn't feel good about getting the cup this way. I would ask for game 7 to be played for the cup like it was meant to be. Norfolk was handed the cup due to a rule broken that was COMPLETELY out of the control of anyone on Rochester.

The Rochester Americans would've won the cup. Many of us are the reason Buffalo is in the cup finals as well. Guys like Hertz, Army, Polawski, Irish, and Benoit (I'm sure I'm leaving some out) we're called up for many games throughout the season and got the wins.

I could go on and on about the large amount of rules that need to be changed (substitution rule, no prospects as ecus in playoffs rule) but there's no point. I just want to say something to Norfolk:

You guys have made it clear in the forums you think you're the best team in the league. Prove it. Play game 7 against us. Prove you can beat our line up. Prove you deserve the cup.

I already know this won't happen because it looks like Wonger, Tats, Tranny, and I'm sure others on Norfolk are cowards. They can say as much as they want that they proved themselves against the almost undefeated line on Syracuse and they didn't back down from them. To be honest, I'm sure you guys would've been happy to take a forfeit win that game 7. By the way I believe Ambient. I'm sure you guys should've lost that game. Maybe EA and LG's outdated, poorly constructed rule book can personally present you guys the cup. Or you could play game 7 like true competitors.

Ill do a TL;DR or whatever the LG elites do: Rochester is better, LG rules need rewriting, Wonger and many Norfolk players are cowards, play game 7.

• Like Like x 10
    No Streaming Account
  15. PahkTheCah1387

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    And Rochester is paying for it with a cup loss.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    Noo, if the shoe was on the other foot... you would be walking in pain sir... cause that shit is uncomfortable. And like you said, Rochester is being punished for BUFFALO'S mistake... not Norfolk's... so why are we getting the shit, for Buffalo's Owner being in the wrong? Bitch at him, not us.

• Like Like x 1
    Sebby6138
  17. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    We made the call up after the AHL game had already started. Eligibility rules have more to do with lineups at the start of a game, not technicalities over transactions made just before a game ends. I read them. It is debatable whether this is even a loophole violation. Rochester's lineup was clearly not in violation when the game started, and the call up had absolutely no effect on the game. Supposed violation is that I called up the player before his AHL game was technically over lol. If I waited just a couple more minutes then there is no issue. Never dreamed this loophole existed, nor that the league would accept their complaint, nor that Norfolk would be this shameless.

Play Game 7

• Like Like x 1
    brandovedo
  18. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    I also want to thank the majority of the LG community. You guys know what's right and have voiced your opinions here. Rochester appreciates it.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  19. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    If there is some kind of compromise soon, I will cancel my plans for the evening and play the game - I am not saying this to convince our management to do this, I am just stating that I am not going to be apart of the game 7 I was slotted to play in if this is not resolved soon.. I'm not going to waste an evening just to wait on something for this virtual trophy everyone is so worked up about

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. JKGrizzle

JKGrizzle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -6
    You guys are cheap and you know it. You keep acting like any team would be ok with winning this way but you're wrong. I'd be willing to bet that in most playoff series there was a game or two where someone didn't show up/couldn't connect, a team had to ask for some extra time, etc. Most guys are ok with giving the other team a little leeway and not enforcing every single rule 100% of the time because we're just playing a video game for fun.

The number of slimeball losers who are ok with winning on a technicality like this is much lower than you seem to think. I thought it was slimey what you did to Worcester. I just can't believe you guys have the gull to do it before a game 7 in the finals.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.