LGAHL Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by EatMyHersheyBar, Nov 20, 2015.

1. SoGringo8040

SoGringo8040 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59
    Wanna help hit me up trying to give guys a division for the season so all teams are covered, either way if you can only go touch and do that's cool hit me up.

Eastern div

1. Springfield Falcons (22-5)

Offense: A+
    Defense: A+
    Goalie: A-

Hard to write on my own team, but Springfield is first in the league with a win over Lehigh who is tied with 44 points. Offense the team can roll 3 lines and have solid ECUs steppin up. Defense is killing it letting up the least amount of goals in the league. Goaltending people might question but were both winning games. Big win vs Lehigh valley will look to double the wins on Sunday vs them.

x factor: @C4Y3N86 7-0-0 record, 13 goals 16 points he's a 500k call up.

2. Rochester Americans (18-9)

Defense: A
    Goalie: B+

Offense has the same amount of goals scored as Springfield, but their defense has held their own to earn an A- they're still in the 100+ GA category only a handful of teams are there. Goaltending wise they are both below 75% which isn't great, one of them being management you hope he can get hot or they inevitably will not be able to content in playoffs. Not to discredit these boys because the management has had success in the past. Something to note is they are in a three way tie for first in their division, will be interesting to see where they land later in the season. From an outsider looking when this team loses they go down hard, but overall their offense has carried them to success.

x factor: @lX WAGNER lX 7-2-0 record, 16 goals 20 assists this man is ALSO for 500k and really stepping up into an elite AHL forward.

3. Lehigh Valley (22-5)

Offense: A

Veteran management that have come in and showed their skill, this team is a solid A ranking team overall. Offense is in the upper tier of the middle pack, defense as well. Goaltending stats do not look great but if you take out @Viktomize game where 10 went past him he would have better stats to show. Either way this team is winning games and winning them in style. HUGE win vs Stockton's top line, from what has been told to me by the management here the defense steps up in big games. These boys only have one player with 30 points, but the majority of the team is in the plus category when it comes to +/- . In all honesty these boys play hard, majority of wins are a one or two goal game while when they lose its a blowout. Will be interesting to see their match vs Springfield on Sunday. They need more from what rite now appears to be an overpaid @o TheRedViper o

x factor: @Kirito x58 6-1 record, 5 goals 18 assists and the GM of the team. He brings in more than points to this team as the management will make the moves to hold them in the upper tier.

4. Syracuse Crunch (17-8-2)

Defense: B+
    Goalie: B

Offense drives this team, for these guys the goal is to outscore what the other team is going to score on them. They lead the league with 143 goals but are in the tier with 110+ goals against. The goaltending has more potential than what is to show. With stud @CT 66 leading the charge he definitely took the scoring mentality he has and applied it to his crew. They have been able to overpower division leader Rochester with two wins over them, but when it comes to playing against the elite 3 (Springfield, Lehigh, Stockton) they have not been able to compete. Something else to note is Saint Johns who is tied in points with these guys have also topped them. Offense will get you up there in the standing during the season but as everyone also preaches defense will win you championships. CT may look to make some defensive moves later in the season or just get those forwards to play a good defensive game. Either way their scoring is elite but will not be enough to carry them down the stretch.

x factor: @Shockz x 8 7-1-1 record, leading the team in points with 17 goals and 28 assists. He currently is the biggest steal in the league (next to me LOL) going for 500k and hes making a case to end as the league leader in points this season.

5. Saint Johns Ice Caps (17-8-2)

Offense: A-
    Defense: A-

9-1 in their last ten these boys are starting to get the ball rolling, @PahkTheCah1387 and @Riemersmaa have a 'solid' squad with a lot of familiar/expected faces here. I could see their bottom 3 forwards being shopped with maybe someone in the top 6 to change it up. As an outsider looking in their bottom 3 could use a shake. This team may hold a middle of the pack rank but they will make a jump soon, I have zero doubt on that. Their whole team has a nice balance to it, one forward with over 30 points but their defense overall has been some studs. Goaltending we have one who is barley holding onto a job and the other @dityboycom taking the charge and helping snake some wins. They might of been blown out vs Springfield (looks like their third line) but they gave Lehigh a game which shows they can 100% compete. But need to get that depth their roster craves. This team is tied with Syracuse and Rochester for first in the division but a key note is they have beat both teams convincingly more than once.

x factor: @Bellx91 6-2-1 record, 4 goals 13 assists with a +2, he was called up and is an elite AHL d-man.

WBS got enough publicity for one sit in, Portland started strong but has dropped off. Binghamton has more GAs than GFs.

========================================================

Western Conference

1. Stockton Heat (19-5-3)

@Coach Crass and @Lost and Hungry have built a squad in the West. After going on a tear to start the season they have slowed down a little and showed their human form. This is a team that appears to have the defense first mentality which has opened up their offense to dominate some games. They have been running through the west with the exception to the Gulls, this team should have no issue making playoffs. IMO up front they have talent but the question mark is will it be enough to lead the charge to a cup when they get to another defense first team? They were shut out vs Lehigh which really showed they might not be as elite as the hype that surrounds them suggests.

x factor: @adidaht88 7-2-1 with an 84% save percentage. He is going to make a bid for the top goalie in the AHL this season. No signs of slowing down for 750k he was a steal.

2. Manitoba Moose (16-10-1)

Goalie: A

Surprisingly with an offensive player like @I The Legacy l in management you would think this team would the Syracuse of the west, but the exact opposite has happen. The defense and the goaltending are the stars of this team, it appears they are the root of success for this team. The will need to improve their offense just slightly to enter the 'elite' category for AHL teams. Most games they have lost were one goal games where the defense and goaltending did their part but the offense just wasn't good enough to finish it out. Some blowout losses in the mix but they gave Stockton a run for it with a 2-3 loss. I'm seeing most of their wins against lower seeded teams which does raise and eyebrow but we'll have to keep an eye on these boys down the stretch.

x factor: @heD HonChO 5-2-1 record with 1 goal and 5 assists. He's a veteran Dman in the league and brings that experience and leadership to each game. A co x factor has to be their tendy @PitcheRxSwaGx with an 84% save percentage. Not sure if the west has the best tendys or an easier division but either way they're dominating.

3. San Diego Gulls (15-9-1)

This is a team where no one has over 30 points but they are winning these low scoring games against top teams. Their forwards get back on defense and help out and all players get involved offensively. You look at this team and scratch your head a little because the lose to Lehigh 3-2 BEAT Springfield and Stockton this week 3-2 but then drop the ball completely to any team not in the elite 3. These guys are a good team but they are going to need to step it up overall if they want to become elite in the league and make a bid for the cup. Despite a few snake wins with their current track record they have not been able to roll 3 lines that dominate.

x factor: the line of @Nickoloi @GimmixPwns @kennydubz @xNinjaBladez @Canuck x 16 for their big wins over 2/3 of the elite 3.

4. Tejas Stars (15-9-3)

Offense: B+

Similar to SJ's in the east there are some familiar faces on this team and familiar management. Hones and AT are back at it again in the AHL looking to take a cup home. Their offense is on the cusp of being in the 'A' Category but not one of them has been able to break 30 points (although their goals for is up there) while their defense and starting goaltending have been coming in big. I'm pretty surprised that with the names here their offense isn't more dominate, but I guess hones is now a mere mortal without being able to build his max sniper build. Big win over the gulls this week but a tough loss to stockton. I have no doubt AT and Hones will make the the moves needed to bring this team up in the standings before playoffs roll around.

x factor: @Follisimo 12-3-3 with an 81% save percentage he will continue to dominate with the defense giving him assistance.

5. Ontario Reign (16-11-0)

@iTransitions @ele905 on paper is an elite management duo for the AHL, this team will shape up to have more success. Wonger is their big star here but sits with 20 points on the season, they need more from him down the stretch. Honestly looking at this team I see a lot of familiar faces to ele, and smart choices on their roster. Looking at some of the names on the team I wonder why they hold 5th in the West. But again this team looks like Transition said I want wonger and ele you can bid on the rest but again chemistry helps you win games. Huge wins over Stockton, the Gulls and Tejas this week these boys seems to be turning the ship up north in the standings ending with a five game win streak. With veteran management and a solid core built around this is the team that will snake up the rankings in the west.

x factor: @SyNIKal l34l 6-3 record with 17 goals and 14 assists for 500k this team got away with a steal.

Most of the teams I have written on could of been sniped (in bidding) easily with a lot of easy reads on who was going where, surprised more GMs didn't pickup on it and snip eachother.

MY TOP 10 TEAMS OVERALL RANKING:

1. Springfield
    2. Lehigh Valley
    3. Stockton
    4. San Diego Gulls
    5. Saint Johns Ice Caps
    6. Syracuse Crunch
    7. Ontario Reign
    8. Rochester Americans
    9. Manitoba Moose
    10. Tejas

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 10
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    i like your write up , its something this community and forum lack. Id add some imagery or logos just to spice up a dull blue background but aces all around big guy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    syracuse is 17-8-2 not 17-18-2 lol

shockz_x
  4. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Stockton sucks they should be much lower than that.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    CoachCrass
  5. Nickoloi

Nickoloi AHL No Name

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -3
    Good Read hershey! club this week? :D:D

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. PahkTheCah1387

PahkTheCah1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    Thanks for the doing this tourne. Good work.

No Streaming Account
  7. SoGringo8040

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59

thanks pahk, my best wishes to you and your family.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. NicoH58

NicoH58 NicoH58

Ratings:
    +1,249 / 38 / -43
    To be fair in that game against you guys week 1 I think there is literally 2 players still on our team or not an ECU. :p That said even if my line played against Pils Payoo and Jlove they would be some of the more difficult games we play all season. No line mismatching BS this time around hopefully, games are much better when both teams can field their Top 6.

Good write up, AHL has been lacking content.

• Like Like x 2
    Luna0995
  9. SoGringo8040

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59
    I'm waiting for the real showdown in playoffs where each line has to go tit for tat. that's going to be a fucking blast.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    Great writeup, good to see something worth reading on this site rather than the nonsense I have to spew out daily

Riemersma11
  11. You Got Trumpd

You Got Trumpd I Only Pass

Ratings:
    +215 / 5 / -4
    This is true

• Winner Winner x 1
    You_Got_Obamad
  12. Abeyant4005

Abeyant4005 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -7
    Swiss Cheese killin' it in St Johns

• Like Like x 1
    SavagenS
  13. WeLcHz Xx

WeLcHz Xx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    WELCH#3132
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  14. Lundieeee

Lundieeee Warning Group

Discord:
    lundieeee#0
    Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -5
    when tourne thinks hes big time hehehe ;)

No Streaming Account
  15. SyNIKal l34l

SyNIKal l34l /sinikel/

Ratings:
    +107 / 3 / -3
    No Streaming Account