LG Pro Series Season 6 Official Rules Thread

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by NugeTV, Dec 12, 2015.

1. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    Do you believe the previous format was just as competitive or possibly more? The format is changed, so every game means more. It encourages higher level play between each team. I would say that's more competitive.

Making more of an effort doesn't mean it's worse. It sounds like this isn't for that random team in your made up example.

No Streaming Account
  2. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    How was your team going to do playoffs? Since playoffs has always been a schedule

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    If you have read my previous posts I did. Growth via Twitch is tied to a consistent schedule. It's nearly impossible to grow any sort of audience without any sort of heads up to them. Much easier to spread the word if people can say, tweet out that X team vs X team Thursday at 10pm est. Instead of just throwing it up on Twitter 5 seconds before the game happens.

It's a community effort and I think you're missing that point. You can't grow a community if the community itself doesn't support each other.

At the end of the day, you're saying it's not worth trying. Which I disagree with. I'm sorry that you think it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard but it's really not. It's a proven method to increase an audience and interest. We now have more connections to EA than we did when EASHL was at its peak. Again, I think it's worth trying but I clearly view things differently.

No Streaming Account
  4. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    The old format was good, what was wrong with it to change? I want to play good games against others, no bardock, club isn't that good anymore, so enough of go to club bullshit. People are going to be paying $10 to play a handful of games, how is that fair? Yes $10 isn't a lot but it can be spent somewhere more useful than 10 competitive club games. I don't see this working, I always enjoyed get on and play type thing.

Playoffs are totally different, you'll give that extra hour of sleep to play your playoffs, who's gonna wanna constantly stay up later than they'd like to play regular games? Its clear a lot of people don't like/agree with this, since this is for money, people should get a say.

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Its_cakes
  5. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    As long as teams are reasonable and lenient there shouldn't be much of a problem getting the games played.

That being said, my problem with the set games/schedule is that it just won't be as fun. I enjoyed getting 6 then putting up a game. It was like searching in EASHL, but eliminating the riffraff entirely.

I understand the old way was 'less official' but it was a lot more accessible and fun.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Games meant next to nothing, teams could wait for an hour+ for a game even on a weeknight at 11, teams who played more games were often punished by losing points @Velvet Thunder, the entire tournament structure was dependent on teams being exceptionally active.

You can set up games with other teams outside of Pro Series to make club good, theres so many ways to make club better if you want to, its not up to me to hold your hand it make EASHL better for you.

If you prefer getting on and just playing play club normally, its there for a reason. You're paying $10 for a chance to compete, probably a schedule of 30ish games give or take, plus more if your team does well enough to make the playoffs. If you're not comfortable being a backup find a team where you're the starter.

Every game will be closer to a playoff feel now that they mean more. People already "stay up later" to play LG games, to play UOHL games, to play MHL games, to play club games, to watch netflix, and to post angrily at me on this forum.

Also, because its for money people do get a say, you dont have to sign up.

7. Tyy

Tyy McDonalds Frying Pan

Ratings:
    +1,528 / 6 / -15
    GET FUCKING ROASTED @I Beat Up Cakes

• Like Like x 1
  8. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Nooj is a big gey ~*~* but he's right guys.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    People will generally find a way to complain about everything.

Also, why are people saying that they're paying $10 to play a handful of games?

How many game are on the Schedule?

No Streaming Account
  10. mashle93

mashle93 Canadas Finest Export. Platinum

Discord:
    Mashle9393#3115
    Ratings:
    +304 / 7 / -10
    Play every team twice, raynor.

mashle93
  11. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    And for the people who can't do math, that's at least 2 games.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    And to clarify, how many would you consider a handful?

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    New thread discussion:

10 dollars is alot of money. I'd rather spend it on virtual trading cards. (Not a direct shot @ Jewell)

Seriously, anyone bitching about 10$, go spin a sign for a few hours or skip a few big macs. For a buy-in for a cash tournament 10$ for anywhere from 5-10 games at very minimum isn't a big deal at all. Many large scale tournmanets have you buy more for maybe playing a 2nd game that will mean nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Primetimme1
  14. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    I like how people say that this change is happening to benefit the CD guys. If it was the old system, no team would have a chance to get the #1 seed as CD would have probably 30 more games played then every other team in the tourney which would ensure them to get the #1 seed. #1 seed is a pretty big deal for any team this season as they can avoid probably playing 2 of the top 3 teams.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  15. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    Murr you get that logic out of here. This format only benefits us because of well... no one said a reason.

But seriously, thank you. I expected the, I don't want scheduled games but this format makes the games mean more. I assumed that was a fair trade off.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Murr is a virg, don't listen to him.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  17. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    EASHL is dead because this game sucks, not because of the leagues.

With that said, I'd have more interest in playing in this than random 6s or LG. If anyone needs a FWD or D hmu.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    BLicK1252
  18. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Were cool with either but why not compromise here it clearly seems to be an issue. No one has thrown out any ideas like you said though so maybe people that aren't for it could offer up a few suggestions instead of just saying stay the old way bc we definitely need some sort of scheduled games but at the same time the older way was fun, active and made the tournament popular.

Would there be a way we can keep it the old way and then just schedule one or two (Game of the Week) series every week? This could be beneficial a couple of ways

PROS
    - It would get these teams who are on the fence to play
    - It would allow us to advertise/stream 1 or 2 series a week instead of multiple every week at roughly the same times which could take away from viewership
    - Could get someone to live stream and color commentary/broadcast the game (Pipeline gaming guys were pretty good maybe get in contact with them or F5 and someone from LG since LG is taking 23% of the profit)
    - Would be a great way to highlight the top teams in the game of the week
    - Might encourage teams to play more in order to be featured in the game of the week
    - We should keep stats (all top tournaments keep stats or like to give the fans something to look at, would also help the broadcasters)
    - Would allow us to play our whole team not just the same top 6 guys, which understandably we do want just our best 6 but at the same time literally everyone has more than 6 core players, were prob the lowest and we have 7 at most we play with
    - Would allow for more games to be played instead of 2 series against every team
    - Would allow for people to feel they get their $10 worth by playing more ($10 isn't a big deal, but if we do go 10 people and everyone wants their best 6s guys will miss out on chances, although they could start their own team or get better and crack the starting lineup, but i think this possibly could create more teams, but at the same time be bad bc some people will complain they will have to pay more by they wont have 10 guys.

CONS
    - Wont grow EASHL like you guys want it to (i don't get this though, if were playing EASHL club challenge, technically were playing EASHL, yeah were only playing each other but then other teams who play normal club will play each other and their 6s rank will go up and they might become more interested and interested in joining pro series, also if viewership is high more people from the HUT/VS community (The main NHL twitch community) will possibly start playing more EASHL or at least 6s)
    - Some teams may have way more games played then others, making the standings possibly unbalanced no matter what the points system is (last season some teams played the min and didnt have a great record and Poochs team played liked 100+ games and were one of the last teams to get in even though they played a lot and there record was solid
    - Some teams may not meet the min. games required like in prior seasons

*Not sure this is the best idea, but its at least an alternative, if someone else has any other ideas, present a few. Im not on either side we are cool with both, but the fact you wont consider changing it is a bit stubborn and the fact the people who don't want it aren't offering any suggestions also isn't helping. Were a community we should work together to come to a solution that works for both sides or a compromise but in the end Nuge and LG run the tourney so it is up to them, so offer up some suggestions and if he sees something he likes I'm sure hell be willing to change.

@NugeTV
    @TheAsceticHope
    @Anonymash93
    @I SSJ Bardock I
    @Oo TheMVP oO
    @xFIOx TENDY 29
    @I Beat Up Cakes
    @x Kariya 9 x
    @Jewell x 96
    @bc bud024
    @ReplayChr1s
    @BigJayAyotte
    @Odieeeeee
    @xxThe GreaT 48
    @B0SS of B0SSES
    @I Anty Jemima I

• Informative Informative x 3
    SweeT9LoU84
  19. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    I don't know about Lou's idea overall, but what I do know is that F5 should absolutely announce the games. He'll get all your girlfriends (gross assumption I do realize) hooked on EASHL and nice and moist using only his voice.

• Like Like x 3
    BLicK1252
  20. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48

i see what you are trying to do here but it would still make regular season games irrelevant because whoever plays the most would get the top seed, discouraging other clubs from giving a damn in the regular season

dmerchh