To all teams/players: Thoughts on Game and Player Stats?

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by NugeTV, Dec 31, 2015.

?

Should we keep detailed stats

Poll closed Jan 3, 2016.
  1. Yes.

36 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No.

35 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48

i was also planning on do some write up throughout the season to add to the overall appeal, but without stats who would really care?

dmerchh
  2. Franchise Matty

Franchise Matty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    nonhumanmatty#0
    Ratings:
    +224 / 2 / -13
    Its so easy to upload stats why not do it, i for one would like to visual reference on just how bad i am at the game now lol

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Oo TheMvp oO

Oo TheMvp oO Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oothemvpoo#0
    Ratings:
    +513 / 38 / -28
    I don't think its fair for teams like DK especially... Grubasek has claimed to be the best player since NHL07... Do we really have to crush his childhood dreams?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Playing In Multiplayer
    llTheMVPll
  4. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Dream Killers are going 38-0 and Grubasek will have 211 points.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48
    nuge come on, they will go 37-1 and grubby will have 411 points

• Like Like x 1
    dmerchh
  6. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    Hahahahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Vote is split currently, if we decide to go this direction the teams will only be responsible for screenshots (Team and player stats) while a group of staff will be responsible for entering the stats. If teams want to enter the stats themselves they can.

8. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48
    my question, why would you not want to do them? literally takes about 30 seconds to take a couple of SS's

dmerchh
  9. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Not saying times and people don't change but the fact is, people dont want to do any extra work than needed to track things like this, whether it be the pro-series or CanAm, its all about playing biggies and the W or L. This is also why a lot of this level of player doesn't want to manage a team in the league.

Bottom line is, everyone isn't going to feel like doing stats, even something as simple as a couple screen shots and there will be times when the people who do will even no feel like it from time to time and unlike the league, they wont get put in or kept properly so in something like this you wont be able to punish a team or make them. Stats will never be accurate except for the wins and loss so in the end, they will be meaningless and comparable to LGHL preseason stats.

If you try to regulate it with some kind of penalty you take a very high risk of pushing people away and counter growth process.

These things aren't made to have a lot of rules and should always kept to the bare necessities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    So are we officially taking pictures and the PS Staff will enter them?

11. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48
    I get what you are saying, but at the same time if we want the league, PS, and the NHL community to grow, we have to do more than the bare bones idea of just playing the games.

Yeah, stats can be a pain in the ass. But realistically the players dont have to even do all that much. Take what, 3 screen shots while another guy goes to take a piss or grab a drink in between games. Staff will do the rest.

If we want more people involved, we will need more media. Streaming is a great start. But lets be honest, how much do you think LGHL media helps out the league?

I know back before i quit playing I helped out on the VHL Radio show every thursday. We logged a good 100 people most nights, and im not sure on the specifics but i know quite a few listened to the podcast.

TLDR: Anyone who wants to complain about an extra minute of pressing Y can kick rocks in my opinion. If they really think its pointless lets see how many people comment and read the articles that are posted.

dmerchh
  12. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    For Tonights game we will be, a decision will be made and posted by Monday Morning and PMs sent to all PS owners if we want to require stats to be posted.

13. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    Stats wont make or break this but growth requires lessor skilled teams or a second division

No Streaming Account
  14. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I agree that today with the ability to take a screen shot makes it very simple and easy to do and if done right and if everyone was on board, the stats would mean more.

I've just been following these things since late '09 from the outside and have learned that the only things that really matter when it comes to biggies is to be able to play them, win or lose as long as they are playing that high quality level of play. Stats mean nothing, that's why they back out of games with far lessor skilled opponents because its just not about dominating for stats.

As an option on topic, my suggestion would be to have a league staff appointed just for this. Each season that starts make sure at least 1 person is appointed to the stat committee. Let them do ALL the work. It doesn't even have to be a person playing in the league.

Break down of suggestion based on site tools;
    - The person(s) named to PS Stats team would get permissions like BOG or team owner with the ability to input score to any game, not just your teams. (this way it wouldn't have to be someone from "in game)

- The auto pics collected from a game can (is probably set up like this already) be set for the time period of the game with a little play to allow late starts

- The stat person(s) is/are required to check daily and process the pics and update game stats.

*Nuge already mentioned people will be checking and editing stats that need to be done manually so just requiring teams to take pics/screen shots (if they dont forget). Taking it one step further and not having teams have to screw with doing anything more on the site except get rosters and games.

15. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    I keep hearing growth of this and future of that. Expand the community man, do it for the eashl man, set times and keep stats for the audience man. Seems like a small few people pushing this crap on everybody because their dream is to make money being an e-thlete and never leave their house. that aside, i am curious as to why this tournament wasnt posted on other sites, like the ea forums?

No Streaming Account
  16. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48
    do you enjoy getting on and playing 1 good team and nub bashing the rest of the time? More exposure = more teams. more teams = more people play more often. Hopefully that brings out better players which would, give us more good clubs.

dmerchh
  17. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    Nah not interested in being an "e-thlete" or anything. I think it's worth trying to grow it but small steps at a time. Trying to get the guys who currently play the game in the same mindset would be nice. Definitely understand where you guys with the negatives are coming from because that's just the mentality of the community. I look at leagues like VHL and LG over the years and think, fuck that's a lot of work for really no reward. Arguably for no real reason besides, it's fun? But every year in the game, leagues like this go on because the community cares enough. I'm not sure why that mentality does a complete 180 in terms of having actual competitive, money tournaments. I mean these are the same guys that want NHL 09/10 EASHL competition back. Why isn't it worth trying to grow, is what I want to know.

I'm not sure why it wasn't posted on the EA forums but I think maybe the first Pro Series was posted on those forums. I could be wrong. Think we could definitely post the Sunday GOTW streams there. Any other sites you're thinking of?

No Streaming Account
  18. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    Keeping stats isn't meant for the players. It's for those who are watching and do media work for it. No one streamed games, so who cared who scored?

I voted no just because it's a late question asked and the scheduled games rocked the boat enough. In the future, it should 100% be added IMO.

No Streaming Account
  19. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48
    i can get on board with this, would like to know if we should be keeping stats tonight tho

dmerchh
  20. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Stats will not be necessary for this season. Its something I want for the future but for this season it isnt necessary.

Please still take the 1 screenshot of team stats for game proof but other than that the score is all that is needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1