09-12 allstars Vs 13-16 all stars

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by NHLx4xGUNZ, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Delusional6346

Delusional6346 First Ballot 19 and 2nd ranked player in Arizona

Ratings:
    +195 / 183 / -207
    So a line of sjusoccer spacejam cj142
    With odieee and boany krunkey in net...ur telling me ur new gen kids could beat them in best of 3...ur out of ur minds newbies

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    Well, this is going exactly how I thought it would.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  3. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Sloshy97
  4. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    You sucked back then and you suck now. Get over it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Trobs

Trobs Prime Example

Ratings:
    +1,074 / 29 / -28
    I mean the best team in the game and it's not even close is SQ. Everyone on the team peaked through 14-16 except wall. You put anyone against mark-me-girgs murr-rammered wall and we'll come out on top.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I'm liking this "old versus new" argument / discussion being presented.

I just don't think the actual idea of a tournament would be a great idea. There's alot of old versus new, but there's also a ton of middle ground with players who have just been good every year, and players who were good throughout the middle periods of the game.

Essentially you'll never be able to replicate what you really seem to want to accomplish, and that's 2010 versions of players versus new gen versions of players. Your best bet is to go buy a bunch of pucks and buy some legends in HUT.

• Like Like x 3
    In World of CHEL
    Primetimme1
  7. DaNextOne

DaNextOne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 4 / -10
    Hi! :) @cj, @Odieeeeee

All jokes aside, gunz I love the enthusiasm but this is not feasible. Not enough top players from 09-11 still play together. The talent is great right now, however let's not fool ourselves current EASHL teams don't even hold a candle to the teams from 09-11. Before you all go up in arms here is why.

From 09-11, top teams were playing meaningful games on a daily basis. Think proseries, every night for 7 months. Team chemistry was beyond special. Now, I can jump on, put 6 randoms together and compete. That kinda thing would never exist in 09-11. Teams were too well aligned, so in sync the other team never got the puck.

I don't think the individual skill has dropped off at all, rather teams are not as well put together. I believe this is due to club hopping etc.

Take it for what it is, but this is my opinion and I'm pretty sure I can still hold my own out there. Top teams from back then had much more than a cycle. Teams had much more complex strategies in place from playing 400-800 games with the same 6 per year.

Again, no hating just simple fact. I kinda wish the eashl would develop that level of hate again. Just to build up the 6's experience.

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 3
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    Here is the first period of game 3 of the semi finals in the NHL 10 Playoffs between The Professionals and Dream Killers. Now the Pros were known for not being that good at the buttons but even look at the DK guys. The fact that the use of the RS was minimal I think proves that players nowadays are superior.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Fr33kOnTheStix

Fr33kOnTheStix borkborkbork

Ratings:
    +726 / 8 / -21
    I agree with the fact that not enough older players play (I don't blame them).

Sure, playing meaningful games helps. Repetition is key for honing a skill. However, I don't think the fact that you can throw any 6 together now and compete is indicative of team chemistry, but moreso the fact that the game has been simplified down so much more to where those chemistry style plays are WAY harder to execute simply because the tools aren't there anymore to make them happen. Permitting we're talking about NHL 16, of course. Newer but still previous generation games were much less individually oriented than past but still allowed the ability to make these plays happen. There's also a way lower gamespeed and overall control of the game is much lower than previous games (thanks auto animations! @NugeTV). The new system doesn't allow for as huge of a skill gap as in the past IMO, so it does make sense that there's not much disparity between good players except in of those that are the top-top. (Shoutout to the GOAT @Blobss)

Permitting people actually stayed together like they used to, I think the overall levels would be higher for sure (which is why those who stay together usually succeed, and the best teams haven't changed much.)

Sure, almost anyone who isn't Gala Apples can hold their own nowadays if they know what they're doing, regardless of the game understanding. You're obviously able to succeed, but what's to say that people who were good at NHL 15 (Shoutout to the 6-0) couldn't go back to a more arcade-y NHL as in the past and still have the success they did in a much more team oriented game? It's pretty much impossible for the new to go back to the old, but the old can come to the new so I guess we'll never know.

Set plays are something that exist in more of an unspoken sense nowadays than I assume in the past the way you're talking about them. I'd argue the most common plays from early on in the series are staples of 6s now, and anything else would be WAY harder to execute, bordering on impossible or impractical. Again, I can't refute team chemistry as a huge part of any game regardless of the year, though. I think we all wish things were more like how they were back in the day, as some of us didn't even get to experience the glory days (including not knowing hockey existed until 2013 '-' or not being able to stand up on skates).

I appreciate someone having multiple year spanning's experience on the subject, as past versus present players/styles is something I thought about when next gen was coming around and all the "old guys" were supposed to come back. Especially someone capable of articulating their points.

Again, this is talking about NHL 16. I'd fight all of you IRL over NHL 15.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103

Who exactly do you compete with?

No Streaming Account
  11. VI17AIN

VI17AIN Lived Long Enough To Become The VI17AIN

Discord:
    vi17ain#0
    Ratings:
    +638 / 103 / -38
    Well this is a pure case that when your NHL owner is @SweeT 9 LoU 84 it doesn't matter if you are in the CHL AHL or NHL, his ideas and forum posts will eventually rub off onto those in his organization.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    In World of CHEL
    VI17AIN
  12. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    3 centers and a goalie who hasnt played much in 4 years, SQ could beat them yes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    This. More teams can compete with top 6s teams because theres more average teams that have players who have played since 11 or 12 and had plenty of time to learn the game. When a good 6s team matches up with a team that is relatively new to NHL team play (literally any game you get from a club search in D1 it seems, challenge games are basically all people play) its generally a shit show.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DoMiNaTioN x21

DoMiNaTioN x21 2009 EASHL Champion

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Lets go grab Gretzky, Lemieux, Bure, Bourque, Leetch and Roy and throw them on the ice with Crosby, Ovechkin, Seguin, Weber, Karlsson and Lundqvist.

Different generations. Different games.

Fun to think about but like Monaco said the top guys today are the ones who commit the most time to the game, something the majority of the former 09 crowd no longer care to do.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  15. TurboYuri

TurboYuri Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +711 / 40 / -82
    Everyone knows you're coming for their LD spot.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    NHL 16 is a terrible video game and the worst 6s offering in the series so this entire thread is moot.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    Not even close.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  18. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    @Suter x 20 told me that you eat poop

• Like Like x 1
    Its_cakes
  19. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    While I agree with everything stated, there is no incentive outside of pro series to play with a set group of people. With the establishment of leagues, EASHL standing and club playoffs have lost its luster and people stopped caring about the leaderboards. If we as players had something to care about outside of LG or Pro Series, I'm sure you'd see more teams sticking together with the same groups of people.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DaNextOne

DaNextOne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 4 / -10

We are 100% on the same page on pretty much everything you say and any person basing their opinion on logic, not emotions would be.

We see this debate in every sport, for every era. Take the current NHL for example. Although impossible to prove, my opinion is that players today are playing at a higher standard than ever before. This is due to them being bigger, stronger, studying the game to new levels and putting in the effort training. But ultimately, this is due to the fact their in more more peas in the pod. With this same logic I'm able to say with confidence that NHL 09 eashl team, players were playing at a higher standard than today.

Once again, I'm not trying to take a knock at any current players/teams. I think players/teams from NHL 12-16 are victims of the situation. I understand it's not that same game, certain limitations are in place that won't permit players to separate themselves further.

But let me leave on this note. There are still 50+ Relatively active players who played in NHL 09-12. I can tell you from that group only 5 were ever a top 50 player back then. Fast forward 4-6 years later and some of the remaining 45 are now considered dominant players in the eashl. Let that sink in.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account